DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Revenge of the Sith Mafia - Game Over - Mafia Wins!!

Ithillian Turambar

I believe Ironeyes may be Marsh. If you are going to use obscure nicknames for people please remember to advise, as not everyone knows them.

Thank you.

Marsh = Ironeyes.

I don't think you can get much more obscure than a nickname which bears absolutely no relation to the actual name.

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ok...for those of us who have not been playing much mafia lately and do not understand the whole Drunk Mafia stuff that has been referenced could someone please provide an explanation?

Its has alot to do with the name Basel. Marsh is the name of a character from Mistborn whos nickname in the books was Ironeyes. Its an obscure relation sure but its still there for those that read Mistborn.

Ok...for those of us who have not been playing much mafia lately and do not understand the whole Drunk Mafia ™ stuff that has been referenced could someone please provide an explanation?

Playing mafia whilst under the influence of alcohol...

Ishy is well known for playing his games while drunk on weekend nights, Rhea.

Like they say....you had too be there ...

Pretty much... *grins and points to Designated Driver siggy*

Ha! I hadn't noticed the siggy before Tress. I like it :).

Hehe, thanks... that came about because of this:

http://www.dragonmount.com/forums/topic/68398-mistborn-mafia-the-hemalurgic-spike/page__st__700#entry2223974

FoS everyone voting Ishy for his Drunk MafiaTM posts being too "simple". You're going for meta, yet if you look at the majority of his last games, he's been scum and Drunk MafiaTM was still at the same level. R to the eaching you people.

First, what do you mean "you people"?!

Second, metagaming can be as effective if not more in scum-hunting as anything else. Isn't that what we do anyway? Get a read on how a player is behaving? In poker, if you know your opponent, you can tell when they are bluffing and when they have a decent hand. Ishy is acting very non-ishy, especially his "drunk mafia" has a much more reserved vibe than usually does.

Despite your blatant defense of Ishy like an overprotective mother yelling at the neighbors because they accused poor Timmy of breaking their window with his baseball, I actually agree that the argument about Ishy's not-so-drunk posts is a stretch. Still, Kate and Basel seemed to buy it. One thing I love to do is spin a ridiculous case on a seemingly town player and see how many people react. If the lynch builds quickly, then the target is likely town and at least one or two of the voters are scum.

unvote

vote Kate

Fair enough...

...well, wait, let's look at the facts here.

Ya know, a couple things...

1) I didn't like how Ishy jumped on the Dice bandwagon when he thought there would be two other votes.

2) Contrary to his normal weekend of drunk-mafia-posting, he has taken great care to choose his postings to be simple and sound. Is he afraid that the alcohol might let something about his alignment slip? I suspect so..

unvote

vote Ishy

Here, you list your two reasons for voting Ishy.

FoS everyone voting Nya.

FoS everyone voting Nya.

I'd say Dice looks scummy for being the third on that lynch!

I'm going to have to agree.

Vote Dice.

is still drooling over Bones...

A fellow Bones fan?? Okay, you can slide...

Unvote Dice.

Something about the vote-on for [what I think was] a good reason to an un-vote for a flimsy reason that pings hard.

Unvote. Vote Ishy.

Here, I state my very different reason for voting Ishy.

No where did I ever agree with your reasoning. I had my own valid reasons for voting for Ishy that didn't need the Mynd stamp of approval. To say that I "bought" your claims is a laughable ploy to take your vote off of Ishy and aim the heat elsewhere. I know for fact Mynd doesn't do things for no reason and with no forethought, so I'm happy where my vote sits for now.

[Note: I changed the color of the quoted votes so as to not confuse our lovely Mod when she does vote counts.]

Current Vote Count

Songstress - 1 (Nolder)

Len - 1 (Darthe)

Nya - 2 (Roo, Dice)

Ishy - 4 (Songstress, Ironeyes, Kate, Basel)

Kae - 2 (Key, Wombat)

Razen - 2 (Nya, Turin)

Kate - 1 (Mynd)

Not Voting - 9: Pale, BG, EP, Maw, Ishy, Rhea, Len, Kae, Razen

With 22 alive it takes 12 to lynch. A Deadline is now in effect. Deadline is Friday 27th April 22:00 BST (British Summer Time - which is GMT+1)

Handy link to countdown timer

http://www.timeandda...=0&sec=0&p0=136

Wow Kate! I really need to step up my kissing up to the mod game. :wink:

Serious note I will be out of town on business this week so may be a bit scarce. I am supposed to have some free time each evening but nothing is certain. I will do my best to keep up as I have been looking forward to this game for some time.

Personally I feel the whole Ishy Drunken / not Drunken Mafia deal is much ado about nothing. Meta is fine but I think that you reached a little Mynd. But it is your style to stir the pot, or beat the snakes or whatever way the hipsters say it this week. so yeah...

I believe Ironeyes may be Marsh. If you are going to use obscure nicknames for people please remember to advise, as not everyone knows them.

Thank you.

Sorry 'bout that, he used to have it in his sig, didn't notice he'd removed it.   :tongue:

Sorry. Had some technical difficulties with my sig, so I'll put it back in.

And the reason I didn't unvote Ishy is because I hate day one and wanted something to go somewhere. I was going to, but when I saw other people jumping on, I decided to let the train build.

Wow Tress O.O

*is le impressed*

Anyway.

Nya:

I am intrigued by her choice of voting Razen, since his vote on her struck me as fairly random. She FOS's all three of the gentlemen voting her, but then excuses Dice as the third vote because she figured he wouldn't be able to resist bandwagoning a vote on her, and decides the first vote on her was the most suspicious?

I was interested why Razen would vote moi and then result having a train build...and someone said before that this was pretty much diceto and roo's first game/s, just like me, so I may be led to think that they merely have no clue what they are doing, like moi! :laugh:

And Raz's reaction WAS quite interesting that he unvited after I voted him...

But I think I want to observe what happens next, because I don't think many others are particularly interested in hopping on the Razen wagon. I have no idea what you are doing here Tutu :tongue:, but for now...I shall just watch and learn.

Archived