DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

The Ultimate Mafia Showdown - Town Wins

Darthe

Oh man! Go to sleep and miss like four pages!  Catching up now.

Also, Just wanted a chance to post this:

malbare.jpg

I just want to say: Yeeeessss m'am!

Official Vote Count 43:

WoT (10/12): Rand, Mish, Dice, Chuckles, RTE, Basel, Tiink, Maw, Ruh, TG

Not Voting (12/22):

The other people who are currently alive.

Did you know that a single Alumni is called an Alumnus?  

I did not know this, but now I know.  And knowing's half the battle! >.>

Well I'm hoping that lack of being forthcoming about her thoughts on other people means that this whole thing will have a happy ending :smile:

I think she might just be busy with school - But then again, that could be a cover.

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wow. Well as many have said it looks like they have a framer, which combined with the godfatherizer renders our cop somewhat impotent. For what it's worth I do not believe Rand is mafia, because there's been no counter claim, and I would think its safe to assume there is a cop in the game.

I didn't really have the chance to say it earlier - The day went that fast I also forgot it a bit while reading through it - but aren't we supposed to have not one, but two nightkills? One from the mafia and one from the Bloodsucker? This would mean that either they targeted the same person and that person was protected by the Doc, or there is some other sort of protection. Now this "other sort of protection" only came up to me while writing this post. Anyone thinks it might be one of those powers from the Dreaming God? And if not, what DO you think it was? Only other thing I could think of would be the Bloodsucker actually being the mafia who would send in the night kill.

(also, DO NOT read this like I want a reveal. I don't. Stay hidden with such a role. Well, except if you are the only winner if you win. In that case we'd like to know so that we can lynch you :P )

I'd say Godfatherizer is by far most likely. I mean, what Godfatherizer whould not use it on someone who is neighbour with someone who just flipped town? We all know that neighbour is most often 1 town 1 mafia, they know it's 2 town but decide to try to have the cop look bad by godfatherizing the neighbour that is still alive, and having him call this neighbour mafia while it's a town. I think we shouldn't go after Rand for this. Not until someone counterclaims.

catching up on what happened since i last posted. on page 55 though i see Time was lynched and Rand's vieing was inaccurate.

given that Time flipped town 1 of 3 possabilities exist

- Rand is fake claiming. this option makes me lean town on Rand, theres too much to risk giving a finding like that knowing he'd be lynched unless the scum consider it worth the sacrifice, which has some validness to it. a fake claim possibly outs the real cop and takes out a "confirmed" townie.

- Rands viewing got messed with. which is likely as Time was an obvious viewing imo but so were myself and Ithi imo.

- Rand is an insane or paraniod cop, meaning he gets random viewings or sum readings on everyone. unlikely given that Darthe made him a strong-arm, but all possabilities have to be considered imo

Now I'm glad everyone is remembering to vote ... but tomorrow is another day and unless we get some more information it is going to make it more difficult for us - unless Rand manages to find another.

So, people should stop just voting and continue to play the game and find out who the other Mafia's are.

Just off the top of my head, and going off building up of wrong feelings, I'm going to say:

Red

Basel

Niel

because I think Red is smart enough to push hard against members of her own team. She also seemed to want me to play less 'harshly' when this is Mafia. If you get hurt feelings, I'm afraid you will just have to deal with it. We've all had to learn that - I learned the hard way myself, but I don't really like the way she thinks I should rein myself in a little.

Plus she openly pokes and prods at Basel and vice versa. Basel claimed in the Night and also when I mentioned searching for those who had done a U-Turn on me because of Len? I can't totally remember, he was quick to point out his reasons why I should not look in his direction.

Niel has been poked at by Red a bit, and has made some odd posts, which she was kind enough to point out, again I think this might be a bit of distancing occurring.

Does anyone else care to chime in, or are you all happy to just Lynch WoT and say nothing?

Ithi your twisting what i said. i pointedly said i'm not asking you to tone it down, i was pointing out what Len was talking about as far as his push on you.

and me playing less harshly in this game, i'm not holding back at all i'm just less active than your used to as has been the norm for me since i came back to playing.

i also dislike how your linking those two with me. what abotu when i flip town Ithi, since your saying Niel and Basel are guilty by association to me will you then say their also cleared? you got Len lynched and he flipped town, now your pushing me over the same things you pushed Len on. maybe your scumdar is off this game, it happens to all of us at times.

i agree however that Neil and Basel need to be looked at, if not for different reasons.

the comments reguarding Times wagon also ping. at this point you couldnt' have known she'd flip town yet you want competing trains (and didn't you say earlier you disliked competing trains?)

if a finder outs a scum, you lynch the perosn they claim is scum. i get wanting more pressure, but i dislike how stances like "Does anyone else care to chime in, or are you all happy to just Lynch WoT and say nothing?"

it maybe just the way you said it and the fact that Time flipped town and i'm reading this in retrospect that makes this ping, but it still pings.

I've changed my mind about Red perhaps. I always tend to have another look when I see people agree with me, like that's just too easy.

I have all the replies to this game via email and I can isolate replies from a certain person. I've just read through all of Red's replies ... and there is some stuff in there that still doesn't make sense:

Like - questioning me about questioning Len, then saying Len was the best Lynch, then questioning me again why I was pushing him because he turned out to be Town. But the other stuff is not so bad actually. She might still be Mafia bussing members of her team .. but I don't know if she would do it that much - but she might. She was one of the first to call out WoT and Rand now has a Mafia Read on WoT - and Basel is playing quite darkly. I think we are both working our own way to get reactions, and if i think she is Mafia for doing that then I'm being just as bad as her lol. i also don't think she would have said all that stuff about emotional things if she were Mafia, because she would have her tough head on - ready for such accusations.

I'm going to revise and say:

Basel

Niel

Song or Ley

But maybe Red also lol

why Song and Ley?

i claimed Len to be the best lynch because he proveded the most info from D1 imo. between his interactions with majority of the players and the Neighbor thing his lynch made the most sense.

your push on him had less to do with that and more imo capitalizing on his emo reactions. i saw no case from you agaisnt him, which is why i still question your push on him.

then you come out with "i thought he was the death gifter" after he flipped town

I don't think it's unfair. Regardless of the WWII game, his posts came off hostile and scummy. As a townie he shouldn't have come across so aggressive, even if people were asking redundant things.

so youre sayign that people should alter their style to suit their alignment? that not only makes for an uninteresting game but also makes you look like a lazy scum hunter.

meta and previous game play have no bearing on current games. they are unrelated and relying on meta WILL bite you in the ass. people knwo their own meta and will use it to their advantage reguardless of alignment.

take me for instance, i play aggressive reguardless of alignment, i'm not the only one who plays the same reguardless of alignemnt or roles either; let me know how relying on that works out for you in future games *nods*

I ageee that we need to talk more and not just rush to lynch WoT. I am willing to vote her but We have a lot of time. A vig shot would be the best of all scenarios right now. Then we would know more about Rand and also have the chance to get another mafioso. There is a lot of game left and no day should be wasted.

The people I am currently suspicious of are:

Tiink: no game content so far

Basel: no opinions for the day

Dice: something from D1. will look back to find and post this evening

RTE: those last few comments are really sitting wrong with me.

Something that is concerning me is that Lenlo, a confirmed townie, stated that the MOD had said that WoT's character was in fact Vin from Mistborn. And we have from the MOD that characters will reflect alignment. I don't see how this adds up. I thought about the possibility of a redirect but Rand stated that he was a strong willed cop and couldn't be redirected. There is a GFizer in the game. Perhaps there is also a framer. I just think that some of this looks all too convenient. Late cop claim, no one dies after he asks for doc protection, hits a mafia view on the first night. I guess we will see when WoT flips.

good points, though Turin i have to point this out but you seem to be parroting/agreeing with Ithi 90% of the time. its somethign that sticks out and doesn't sit well. perhaps its the bond, or perhaps not; it does set my hair on end and is worth noting though.

i also agree abtout he vig however. perhaps their limited on killing or something. liek only certain days or can't kill consecutively.

you're also fence sitting on Rand imo, pick one side of the coin or the other. either you think he's lieing or you think his veiwing got messed up. i want a clear answer on this

Vote Time

The scum aren't going to come out to play now we've had a cop viewing

This is most certainly true. Whether we discuss now or during night, I don't think we will get very much out of the Mafia before the WoT lynch happens. I'd imagine if she is scum as we suspect that even they have given up trying to save her at this point.

these two quotes ping.

two possabilities from this mess involve scum influence. they'd be active in the mix to capitalize fromt eh confusion imo. the fact that you two are alluding to scum not being active on this lynch pings imo.

I don't see how a strong willed cop could be messed with, meaning that if Time flips town Rand must be telling porkies. Ultimately we have a viewing from an unCC'd cop, all signs point to Time being mafia.

This. I think that's the point of why Darthe made him a SW Cop and not just a Cop. With no other cop claims he's the only one, and he's supposed to be "efficient" at what he does, hence the SW modifier.

ping for both of your guyses inability to believe Rands viewing could be messed with. Godfatherizer is right in the OP, the potental for frames to exist in this game is 100% reality. to be so "balck and white" on this is scummy.

vote Time

Ithi, I'm not sure how useful additional discussion will be today. We can discuss some game mechanics but it's all just conjecture.

ping for downplayign the info gathered from the discussion today. discussing game mechanics is not what Ithi meant by additional discussion. she meant pressuring others and possibly starting a competing train

Discussions are always useful. I think we discussed an awful lot yesterday without having practically nothing to go on - and yet we filled up 40 odd pages with discussion.

So we could still be talking about who we think is and isn't Mafia - and peoples thoughts and reactions on this whole situation will be useful at a later point.

Your attempt to stifle the discussion has been noted however.

As has your attempt to sow WIFOM about how Time might flip and derail her train.

agreed

I guess we will see when we get her flip.

How many more now?

I'm willing to hammer because I really want to know the answer.

i find your droppign the "need to slow down the lynch and get more info" angle so quickly and easily ping worthy.

...Ok, so we're not gonna let Time get the chance to get on first then.

first you latch onto the slow down the lynch, but not for discussion between remaining players but for Time to chime in. unless you knew Rands viewing was flase, why would you want her to chime in? theres nothign that Time could have said to stop her lynch imo, not with acop claiming guilty viewing on her.

the "slow down the lynch and discuss more" is for the remaining players, not the person the outted cop has found as scum.

this pings

Wow. Well as many have said it looks like they have a framer, which combined with the godfatherizer renders our cop somewhat impotent. For what it's worth I do not believe Rand is mafia, because there's been no counter claim, and I would think its safe to assume there is a cop in the game.

scummy reaction to corner result is scummy.

I didn't really have the chance to say it earlier - The day went that fast I also forgot it a bit while reading through it - but aren't we supposed to have not one, but two nightkills? One from the mafia and one from the Bloodsucker? This would mean that either they targeted the same person and that person was protected by the Doc, or there is some other sort of protection. Now this "other sort of protection" only came up to me while writing this post. Anyone thinks it might be one of those powers from the Dreaming God? And if not, what DO you think it was? Only other thing I could think of would be the Bloodsucker actually being the mafia who would send in the night kill.

(also, DO NOT read this like I want a reveal. I don't. Stay hidden with such a role. Well, except if you are the only winner if you win. In that case we'd like to know so that we can lynch you :P )

okay i read this post 3 times and i'm still not getting what your saying.

It was quite clear that Time was the obvious choice for Rand to view last night. Nobody else who had taken enough heat to be a strong rival to be viewed.

thsi post pings in conjunction with your "lets give Time a chance to respond" sounds like you know exactly what went on Mish. mayhaps your the Godfatherizer and you sent in the frame job, which is why your so sure.

I'd say Godfatherizer is by far most likely. I mean, what Godfatherizer whould not use it on someone who is neighbour with someone who just flipped town? We all know that neighbour is most often 1 town 1 mafia, they know it's 2 town but decide to try to have the cop look bad by godfatherizing the neighbour that is still alive, and having him call this neighbour mafia while it's a town. I think we shouldn't go after Rand for this. Not until someone counterclaims.

and i ditto my FoS on Mish onto you.

okay caught up now.

Red, I already said that I think it's common courtesy to let people at least show up to know what's going on before the hammer is thrown. I have a moral code for mafia, you should know this after playing a couple of games with me.

And I'm not the Godfatherizer or the Framer; but when night started last night I felt sure that Rand would view Time. It was the logic choice, and I'd like to see you argue otherwise. After Len's flip and their neighbour claim, of course the cop would view her.

I just don't understand why. The first is a thing that I have been vocal about in several games; my moral code for mafia games. The second post is pure logic. I know you're usually hard after me every game we play together, but that prodding felt more like prodding for proddings sake than anything else.

I just don't understand why. The first is a thing that I have been vocal about in several games; my moral code for mafia games. The second post is pure logic. I know you're usually hard after me every game we play together, but that prodding felt more like prodding for proddings sake than anything else.

1st post - you quoted Ithi saying "we need to slow the lynch down and get more peopel posting" agreed with that and expanded on it to say Time shoudl get a word in before being lynched. had you said this by itself instead of using Ithis post to support your own then it woudlnt ping so much; otherwise it feels like an attempt to look town

2nd post - imo there are 3 possabilities in this WIFOM. that fact that your so confident that Rand did get messed with pings just as hard core as RET and Roo claiming he couldn't get messed with during D2. i dislike how you three are being black and white on this issue and it feels liek your tryign to capitalize on the situation to again, make yourself appear town.

Red, what I meant, was that there should (I think) be two night kills in the game. One for the Bloodsucker from the OP, and one from the mafia. As some players have catched a nice amount of flak (is that the right word?) already, it's not unlikely those two kills and the doc protection will have been all to those few players, yet now I wondered, what is the chance that all of those three - Bloodsucker, Mafia and Doc - all hit the same target. Conclusion: Either this happened, or there is more protection than only the Doc, and I was thinking about the Dreaming God maybe giving protection of some sort. I was asking others what they were thinking about that.

About that FoS for me, it's now scummy to say it's likely the Godfatherizer is going to target the one whose alignment is doubted most, and therefore most likely to be viewed?

Tbh - I think the easiest way to deal with Rand is to think of him as a Vanilla Town from now on, until any messing about roles have been neutralised.

Whoever organised this is very clever. They have basically made it so that we can't trust what Rand says. I'm very impressed.

I'd even go so far to say that Town would have a better chance of winning if he were dead, seeing as every view he makes will just create more and more wifom, but I doubt that they will Kill him now seeing as how he is much more use to them alive and causing chaos.

Bravo Mafia lol

No need to kill him yet, I agree to treat him as vanilla for now and judge him based on his gameplay. I'd also prefer he kept his viewings to himself to avoid the Wifom. If he seems scummy for other reasons, we lynch him.

Archived