DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

The Ultimate Mafia Showdown - Town Wins

Darthe

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Would Darthe actually introduce one player to another with their Fake Claim though? That is what doesn't make sense. Far better to have just left the QT empty and let them introduce themselves, but Len said that was not how it happened.

Unvote

There is time yet - I can't really tell everyone off for doing a rush job, when I'm still voting for WoT myself - but she will need to be Lynched just so we can see what we might be working with here.

This had been niggling at me too. Seems odd that Darthe would introduce WoT that way.

I do believe that a WoT lynch will provide us with the most information, especially considering Rand's claim.

Where is WoT?

I don't really like this. The only way it actually nets us info is if WoT is mafia,  then yay, Rand is telling the truth. If WoT is town, then we learn nothing about Rand. Could be lying, could be messed with.

Would Darthe actually introduce one player to another with their Fake Claim though? That is what doesn't make sense. Far better to have just left the QT empty and let them introduce themselves, but Len said that was not how it happened.

Unvote

There is time yet - I can't really tell everyone off for doing a rush job, when I'm still voting for WoT myself - but she will need to be Lynched just so we can see what we might be working with here.

This had been niggling at me too. Seems odd that Darthe would introduce WoT that way.

>I do believe that a WoT lynch will provide us with the most information, especially considering Rand's claim.

Where is WoT?

I don't really like this. The only way it actually nets us info is if WoT is mafia,  then yay, Rand is telling the truth. If WoT is town, then we learn nothing about Rand. Could be lying, could be messed with.

Could you elaborate on that last part about Rand (if WoT is town)? We learn nothing how?

Because he still claims Cop and that he has been messed with ... so then we are encouraged to think about Lynching our Cop. Or he is a LLL and is not the Cop. Either way - only his death is likely to answer the question. But I think he is our Cop so will very easily believe it got messed with, if she turns out not to be Mafia.

I think I've already said this. Do you not want us to consider that as an option perhaps @ RTE?

I don't see how a strong willed cop could be messed with, meaning that if Time flips town Rand must be telling porkies. Ultimately we have a viewing from an unCC'd cop, all signs point to Time being mafia.

This. I think that's the point of why Darthe made him a SW Cop and not just a Cop. With no other cop claims he's the only one, and he's supposed to be "efficient" at what he does, hence the SW modifier.

Now Rand I dont see strong willed cop on either of the lists that Darthe said that roles would be coming from. Care to explain that? Also what is a strong willed cop and how is it dif from a reg cop?

There is cop, and there is a strong willed modifier in the lists.  Also, at least from what Darthe has told me, strong willed means I can not be redirected by any sort of action, but I am still fallible to the godfather.

And when we Lynch WoT, if she does turn out to be Mafia, I will be very interested in the explanation of how she was introduced by the Mod as a good guy character.

Explanation from who?

i think either from len or the mod

And when we Lynch WoT, if she does turn out to be Mafia, I will be very interested in the explanation of how she was introduced by the Mod as a good guy character.

Explanation from who?

i think either from len or the mod

One can't talk and one won't talk.

I agree she needs to be Lynched. I hope she is Mafia, I'm worried that she isn't. And if she isn't Mafia, I'm worried that either Rand is fibbing ... or his result got messed with in the hope that we would Lynch him.

I hate Darthe. He is totally NOT my favourite.

Hate is a strong word.

framer as from mafiascum's wiki

A Framer may choose to frame a player during the night, causing that target to investigate as Guilty (or whichever result is unfavorable) to Cops

if rand is a strong willed cop i guess this shoudnt work?

Interesting. And yet on the same site I find this:

Strong-Willed is a role modifier; it usually means that the player's abilities cannot be redirected or Roleblocked. However, any result that may be attained can still be tampered with by roles that alter informational results, such as Framer. In short, it greatly increases the chance of the player's ability working like the player wants it to.

Which clearly indicates that if WoT flips Town she probably has been Framed. The Framer balanced out the Strong Willedness see?

I agree she needs to be Lynched. I hope she is Mafia, I'm worried that she isn't. And if she isn't Mafia, I'm worried that either Rand is fibbing ... or his result got messed with in the hope that we would Lynch him.

I hate Darthe. He is totally NOT my favourite.

Hate is a strong word.

Love and Hate ... sometimes it's difficult to tell the difference.

framer as from mafiascum's wiki

A Framer may choose to frame a player during the night, causing that target to investigate as Guilty (or whichever result is unfavorable) to Cops

if rand is a strong willed cop i guess this shoudnt work?

Interesting. And yet on the same site I find this:

Strong-Willed is a role modifier; it usually means that the player's abilities cannot be redirected or Roleblocked. However, any result that may be attained can still be tampered with by roles that alter informational results, such as Framer. In short, it greatly increases the chance of the player's ability working like the player wants it to.

Which clearly indicates that if WoT flips Town she probably has been Framed. The Framer balanced out the Strong Willedness see?

yeah i was checking that, this changes a lot of things 

Archived