DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

The Ultimate Mafia Showdown - Town Wins

Darthe

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

we should also look at Tina, Mish and Song for their "its obvious that Rands view woudl have been messed with and i wouldn't have voted for Time at all"

Excuse me? I voted for Time. Keep your facts straight.

actually you need to keep your facts straight Mish. i never accused you of not voting for Time, i accused you of being on the side of this debate that is "sure Rands finding got messed with and questions the lynch on Time"

if you want, i can quote where you said just that after Time flipped

we should also look at Tina, Mish and Song for their "its obvious that Rands view woudl have been messed with and i wouldn't have voted for Time at all"

actually you need to keep your facts straight Mish. i never accused you of not voting for Time, i accused you of being on the side of this debate that is "sure Rands finding got messed with and questions the lynch on Time"

I know what I said. But look at your own sentence. You are saying: We should look at Tina, Mish and Song for their "its obvious that Rands view woudl have been messed with and i wouldn't have voted for Time at all". Bolded: All three of them. Italic: They are all three saying this.  So you are accusing me for not voting Time. And in your follow-up post you also accuse me for questioning the lynch on Time. I didn't. I wanted Time to be able to get on before someone hammered her, as I see as common courtesy, although I'm not always the best at following it myself; but I try. Call me naive, but when an unCC'ed cop says scum, I vote. It was after Time's flip that I realized how easy Rand and town was set up. In hindsight it all seemed so clear. And you are now twisting my words and trying to put opinions in my mouth that I've never said. Strong FoS on you for that. This isn't you bulldogging Red; this is you setting up lynches.

I know what I said. But look at your own sentence. You are saying: We should look at Tina, Mish and Song for their "its obvious that Rands view woudl have been messed with and i wouldn't have voted for Time at all". Bolded: All three of them. Italic: They are all three saying this.  So you are accusing me for not voting Time. And in your follow-up post you also accuse me for questioning the lynch on Time. I didn't. I wanted Time to be able to get on before someone hammered her, as I see as common courtesy, although I'm not always the best at following it myself; but I try. Call me naive, but when an unCC'ed cop says scum, I vote. It was after Time's flip that I realized how easy Rand and town was set up. In hindsight it all seemed so clear. And you are now twisting my words and trying to put opinions in my mouth that I've never said. Strong FoS on you for that. This isn't you bulldogging Red; this is you setting up lynches.

which you basically said that in hind sight you wouldn't have voted Time and you question the lynch on her. which groups you in with Song and Tina for "being sure what happened to Rand" during the night.

i've pressured you over your statement AFTER Time was lynched, not before. and i'm not setting up lynches i'm poitning out the group of you that imo are tryign to capitalize from this chaos and suggesting we pressure from there. you know, lowering the pool of suspects where there is sure to be scum instead of pressuring blind and over non-game related crap.

do you have somethignto hide from a bit of pressure your way Mish? thou doth protest a bit too much me thinks.

@ Ithi Well, I thought it was Turin that sad that it was better if Rand was dead, but if it was you then I fos you instead. (I need to go back and look at that.) Do you believe that he is not town? Would scum offer himself that way day 2 for a non power role? 

@ Red Read what I wrote. Didn´t you figure that Rand´s result could have been false considering that Darthe had told them Lenlo and Time their roles in the qt? At the same time I understand why you need to check someone that has been found guilty by a uncc´d cop.

@ Tina - go back and read my posts. imo 3 things could have possabily happened.

1 - Rand is scum, false claimed to try and out the real finder and to get a known townie lynched to eliminate the knowns to us and to save his ass from being lynched. this option depends on how much the scum saw the value in eliminating the "confirmed" townie, since Lens word and corner confirmed her claim.

2 - what you three are cliaming (and Ithi to a lesser extent, though my FoS on her over rand is for soemthign else and something more damning imo). the godfatherizer or a framer targetted Time cause she was an obvious view to sew chaos and create loads of WIFOM surrounding Rand.

3 - Rand is an insane or paranoid finder and either recieves random viewings, scum on everyon or opposite alignments.

i also stated that option #2 is most likely out of the 3 but unlike you guys i'm not willign to discount the other 2 options so easily. imo you guys are talkign like you know this is what happened, and the only people who know what happened are the scum.

which you basically said that in hind sight you wouldn't have voted Time and you question the lynch on her. which groups you in with Song and Tina for "being sure what happened to Rand" during the night.

i've pressured you over your statement AFTER Time was lynched, not before. and i'm not setting up lynches i'm poitning out the group of you that imo are tryign to capitalize from this chaos and suggesting we pressure from there. you know, lowering the pool of suspects where there is sure to be scum instead of pressuring blind and over non-game related crap.

do you have somethignto hide from a bit of pressure your way Mish? thou doth protest a bit too much me thinks.

You do it again. And now I'm getting sick of it. Try reading what I actually say, will you?

I have nothing to hide; but you are again and again trying to paint statements on me that I'm not saying, and that makes you look really bad.

@ Tina - go back and read my posts. imo 3 things could have possabily happened.

1 - Rand is scum, false claimed to try and out the real finder and to get a known townie lynched to eliminate the knowns to us and to save his ass from being lynched. this option depends on how much the scum saw the value in eliminating the "confirmed" townie, since Lens word and corner confirmed her claim.

2 - what you three are cliaming (and Ithi to a lesser extent, though my FoS on her over rand is for soemthign else and something more damning imo). the godfatherizer or a framer targetted Time cause she was an obvious view to sew chaos and create loads of WIFOM surrounding Rand.

3 - Rand is an insane or paranoid finder and either recieves random viewings, scum on everyon or opposite alignments.

i also stated that option #2 is most likely out of the 3 but unlike you guys i'm not willign to discount the other 2 options so easily. imo you guys are talkign like you know this is what happened, and the only people who know what happened are the scum.

Given you don't want to discount any of the options, what do you propose we do? Should we, in your view, lynch Rand despite the lack of a counter claim? Or should we concede that the mafia have played a blinder on this, treat Rand's viewings with more caution in the future and find alternative ways of catching mafia?

you have nothing to hide do you, making stuff up am i? lets examin flip flopping Mish, the scum who capitalized most on this entire fiasco.

so you suspected Rands viewing had been messed with from the get go eh? you has some esplanin to do then.

Part 1: the lynch.

below are all but 4 of your posts from D2 Mish. 3 of the 4 were non-game related spam, the 4th is your last post during day where you claim its common courtesy to allow a perosn to speak before being lynched.

Vote Time

vote out of the gate after Rands claim. hmm, nothign there about the possability that his viewing might be messed with.

Nothing else to add Basel?

We have a cop view that Time is mafia, that about does the job for me.

FoS at Basel for that reaction, that smells, and not in a nice way.

I don't think it's unfair. Regardless of the WWII game, his posts came off hostile and scummy. As a townie he shouldn't have come across so aggressive, even if people were asking redundant things.  

Eh, a lot of people here have an aggresive playstyle, wether as townie or mafia. You shouldn't dictate how others play the game, as long as they don't hurt the game. And I think everyone has had at least one emotional blow-out in a mafia game in frustration of not being believed.

Apparantly Darthe has given fake-claims, something to be aware of. That said, this has gotta be one of the easiest games to make a fakeclaim, so I don't think we should put too much into character reveals.

really, you FoS Basel for believing the finders claim, while you yourself are voting Time for the same reason. tsk tsk.

Turin; this is why I said that it looks like perhaps the mafia has mod-provided safe claims.

and here you start planting that Vin is a mod provided false claim to combat the "Darthe provided Times name on the QT"

seems more liek your nudging er lynch on rather than suspecting foul play

I agree with you Ithi; I would like as many as possible to check in before she gets hammered. Seeing who keeps quiet now can be very useful, and at the very least I want Time to be able to see this before she's getting hammered! I've been in several games where a cop viewing results in dead mafia, but a "wasted day" in that it's no information gained from discussion and who's voting who when.

Ithi is wanting more peopel to chime in and to slow the lynch down. you agree, infact you want Time to chime in.

yet, you dont unvote to prevent quick hammering as Time was at L-2 and you again make no referance of you thinkign the vieing might be skewed. infact you use post the bold which points to you believe she woudl flip scum.

...Ok, so we're not gonna let Time get the chance to get on first then.

and this pinged before. the slowing down the lynch wasn't to get Time to chime in, it was to allow for others to voice their opinions and not to rush a lynch that we had days yet to work on.

and still no un vote from you.

guess havign Time chime in before being hammered wasn't that important to you eh? and if you thought Rands viewing was messed with from the get go, i question even more why you didn't unvote at this point.

now a brief intermission before i brign you

Part 2: the flip after the lynch. how scum try to play both sides of the coin for convience. which starts on page 58 for those who are waiting on baited breath

@ roo: i explained what i think we should do in response to Ith and BG suggesting we ignore Rand. i'll state it again though.

i say leave Rand be and if he gets another scum that he outs them. further more, because of this specific situation i'd honestly perfer him to tell us his viewings each night for info purposes. if this is the work of a framer, some of the innocents he gets might well be scum and will help us info wise. normally i'd shy away from a finder revealing townie findings, but this situaiton is unique given the WIFOM.

either way, when he outs anotuher acum, we take it with a grain of salt and instead of rushign the lynch use it to apply presusre on the person the good old fashion way.

this is imo the best way to make use of this situation without lynching him and possibly losing an uncc'd finder.

also, if Rand does flip scum then who he targets will still give us some info on the situation.

edit - bloody hell *sigh* edited to give the spacing breaks *rolls eyes*

catching up on what happened since i last posted. on page 55 though i see Time was lynched and Rand's vieing was inaccurate.

given that Time flipped town 1 of 3 possabilities exist

- Rand is fake claiming. this option makes me lean town on Rand, theres too much to risk giving a finding like that knowing he'd be lynched unless the scum consider it worth the sacrifice, which has some validness to it. a fake claim possibly outs the real cop and takes out a "confirmed" townie.

- Rands viewing got messed with. which is likely as Time was an obvious viewing imo but so were myself and Ithi imo.

- Rand is an insane or paraniod cop, meaning he gets random viewings or sum readings on everyone. unlikely given that Darthe made him a strong-arm, but all possabilities have to be considered imo

I ageee that we need to talk more and not just rush to lynch WoT. I am willing to vote her but We have a lot of time. A vig shot would be the best of all scenarios right now. Then we would know more about Rand and also have the chance to get another mafioso. There is a lot of game left and no day should be wasted.

The people I am currently suspicious of are:

Tiink: no game content so far

Basel: no opinions for the day

Dice: something from D1. will look back to find and post this evening

RTE: those last few comments are really sitting wrong with me.

Something that is concerning me is that Lenlo, a confirmed townie, stated that the MOD had said that WoT's character was in fact Vin from Mistborn. And we have from the MOD that characters will reflect alignment. I don't see how this adds up. I thought about the possibility of a redirect but Rand stated that he was a strong willed cop and couldn't be redirected. There is a GFizer in the game. Perhaps there is also a framer. I just think that some of this looks all too convenient. Late cop claim, no one dies after he asks for doc protection, hits a mafia view on the first night. I guess we will see when WoT flips.

good points, though Turin i have to point this out but you seem to be parroting/agreeing with Ithi 90% of the time. its somethign that sticks out and doesn't sit well. perhaps its the bond, or perhaps not; it does set my hair on end and is worth noting though.

i also agree abtout he vig however. perhaps their limited on killing or something. liek only certain days or can't kill consecutively.

you're also fence sitting on Rand imo, pick one side of the coin or the other. either you think he's lieing or you think his veiwing got messed up. i want a clear answer on this

Rand is fake claiming and this gives you a town read on rand cause mafia wouldn't do this.? I'm confused.

Look at what happens. Rand is at L-1. He claims late. Lenlo is pretty much only other choice. 1 townie down. He reveals a guilty on time. Speed lynch based off his view. 2 townies down. You are suggesting we continue to lynch off his recommendations. How many bad lynches before you start to question? At that point in the game mafia has nothing to lose by having him claim cop. It was probably the only claim that could have saved him. So no downside lots of upside. Why not?

Parrot, I think not. I have plenty of my own thoughts. I do agree with Ithi a lot. We think similarly. She has a knack for finding the small inconsistencies in peoples statements.

Finally this was where you asked my opinion on rand which I gave. I am leaning towards him being mafia based upon circumstances. So asked and answered.

Oh dap, I was trying to find the redoubler. I believe it is more likely a mafia role and if we the town wish to work we can find it. I did note that both rand and dice pushed that it would be town.

Rand is fake claiming and this gives you a town read on rand cause mafia wouldn't do this.? I'm confused.

Look at what happens. Rand is at L-1. He claims late. Lenlo is pretty much only other choice. 1 townie down. He reveals a guilty on time. Speed lynch based off his view. 2 townies down. You are suggesting we continue to lynch off his recommendations. How many bad lynches before you start to question? At that point in the game mafia has nothing to lose by having him claim cop. It was probably the only claim that could have saved him. So no downside lots of upside. Why not?

Parrot, I think not. I have plenty of my own thoughts. I do agree with Ithi a lot. We think similarly. She has a knack for finding the small inconsistencies in peoples statements.

Finally this was where you asked my opinion on rand which I gave. I am leaning towards him being mafia based upon circumstances. So asked and answered.

i never said Rand is fake claiming, i said thats 1 of 3 possible scenarios last night. with that particular sceanrio i dont see the cost as worht the gain especialy when any findre worth their grit knows not to fall for a false claim and counter them out right.

i just explained why not lynchign Rand will benifit us. if he does flip scum, we can examine his interactions and non-interactions, how he acts and who he views to give us info.

re-parroting - which is why i also said "agreeing" and i also said "could be the bond" meanign you guys think similarly. you gtwo do seem to agree in games you bpth play in which is why i added "might be the bond".

but, there is WIFOM in this. for all we know you coudl be scum and purposefully agreeing with Ithi to keep her from suspecting you. which is why i said worth noting and am not actively persuing that angle agaisnt you.

also, what do you think abtou my points on Mish?

so you suspected Rands viewing had been messed with from the get go eh? you has some esplanin to do then.

Red, please show me where I said this...

I FoSed Basel because Ithi had been bringing up points against him, and he had nothing to say about it.

No I didn't unvote. I probably should have, but I was functoning on four hours of sleep, as I believe I mentioned, and I was in big amounts of pain because my skin condition.

Is that not your quote above. The first possibility you mention is he is fake claiming. You don't think that it is worth a string of town lynches for him to claim when he was surely dead otherwise?

The idea if taking it with a grain of salt doesn't work IMO. You either have to trust it is valid or discard it. Leaving that grey area leaves room for mafia to slide around.

If rand is never lynched then there is substantially less information gained. But again how many false reads do we follow before we have lost? If he gets an innocent do we lynch to check for insanity? If a guilty how much weight does it get?

Does darthes description of the gfer say anything about being able to frame as well? I'm on mobile and can't get to page one.

Fair enough.

Mish case has some merit.

Red lynching you, or lynching Basel doesn't clear the other, not matter what you flip. If he flips mafia then people will try clear you based on your interaction. I don't think the I'd right. So I think we will have to end up lynching both of you in the end

@Player

I asked if there were characters from the same series not for character claims. The idea was that there is only ONE character from each series (other than real life folks) so if there was another person from Midsummer Night's Dream or another person from Mistborn, we'd know one of them was lying. So I reject your opinion that asking for other characters from the same series was hunting for anything. The only thing I was hunting for was a lie. Then again, mod provided fake claims are a possibility so I was okay voting for them in the end as well.

The way to get your lie was to get a reveal. We were about to see how they flipped anyway

Why do other people always mention the Bond? Just for once it would be nice to get through a game without someone dragging that into it :rolleyes:

Archived