DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

The Ultimate Mafia Showdown - Town Wins

Darthe

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

you didnt type anything other then i wouldnt like whats next in that great big long quote of posts. and that this is where i ping and seem skittish. So what exactly am i supposed to be replying to then? The post above that only mentions me re ithis weird texting which i did address when responding a minute ago.

My thoughts about Rand and Time since I wasn´t here last day. (Wow, that was a short day.) I would also have been questioning Time´s being scum since Darthe had put both of their names on their qt. Lenlo, who was town, had confirmed that. So to guess that Rand was fooled in some way wasn´t hard to see. Yet, what could have been done differently? A cop comes out and say he has a guilty - how could you not vote Time? Unfortunately, this will lead us to being very careful with Rand´s viewings. I think it´s a good idea that Rand is checking people randomly. That way framing the one he views gets a lot tougher. We don´t know that was what happened though. As someone (Song?) said, there are a lot of different ways to mess with cops.

The above is nothing new, I just wanted to comment on it myself. What I wonder about is Turin´s thoughts - that killing Rand would be better for us. In what way? I don´t know for sure that Rand is town but I think it´s very likely. Why would scum offer one of their own already on day 2 to take out someone that hasn´t got a power role? Turin, can you explain.

OK - I'm up to Saturday 26/01/13 22.37pm GMT and here is what I have on Dice :

An awful lot of chit chat posts to start, then first actual game play proper is to say that he thinks the RTE vote is stupid. Says that Player would not be so obvious buddying up to me if he was Mafia and wants a vote count.

Points out that WoT made a mistake, but says not to Lynch her. Says he thinks Player is Town.

He is suspicious of Rand, and Red and basel seem weird.

Would like Player's opinion of Len.

*He agrees with Turin and agrees with Len.

*He agrees with someone who is saying that Ithi is Pingy and WoT is scum.

Says Lol has been caught out in a lie because of the Dap Mafia Mate Team thingy

Doesn't believe my sleepy post is real.

**Changes attention to Len being mafia, says my play style is valid and I'm doing what you are suposed to do.

Dice is the first person on my List of before and after Player Death changers. Before Player died, he agreed with Len and found my play to be pingy. After Player died he turned on Len and said my play was fine.

My thoughts about Rand and Time since I wasn´t here last day. (Wow, that was a short day.) I would also have been questioning Time´s being scum since Darthe had put both of their names on their qt. Lenlo, who was town, had confirmed that. So to guess that Rand was fooled in some way wasn´t hard to see. Yet, what could have been done differently? A cop comes out and say he has a guilty - how could you not vote Time? Unfortunately, this will lead us to being very careful with Rand´s viewings. I think it´s a good idea that Rand is checking people randomly. That way framing the one he views gets a lot tougher. We don´t know that was what happened though. As someone (Song?) said, there are a lot of different ways to mess with cops.

The above is nothing new, I just wanted to comment on it myself. What I wonder about is Turin´s thoughts - that killing Rand would be better for us. In what way? I don´t know for sure that Rand is town but I think it´s very likely. Why would scum offer one of their own already on day 2 to take out someone that hasn´t got a power role? Turin, can you explain.

Did Turin say we should Lynch Rand?

No real time tonight. I got out on emergency fuel runs next three nights. My look up on dice will have to wait.

Red, at the moment I am actually leaning that rand is mafia. I hate coincidence and it seems awfully coincidental that the finder picked the same person as the framer. Put it together with all the rest of the hinkey stuff surrounding rand and I just don't like it. The only thing keeping me from going hard after him tomorrow is he is as yet un cc'ed.

Ley had an interesting take on the no deaths from night one. It reminded me of BG's super smash bros. Game with that lightning bolt ability that blocked all night actions. I have no evidence that happened, just saying it reminded me of it.

Now I must sleep. I will likely be scarce the next 3 days.

I can't see him saying that here. I think that I said we might be better off with Rand dead, but that I doubted that they (and I meant the Mafia here@ Red) would Kill him.

Interesting that you use the word Kill and not Lynch though Tina.

Tina said "What I wonder about is Turin´s thoughts - that killing Rand would be better for us." Turin never said this, and Townies generally don't Kill, they Lynch.

I just realized i did miss responding to something from dap. He said something about me finally voting rand and doing it reluctantly. (brother is bitchin for the puter so im paraphrasing)  thats right. I was reluctant because i thought Len was the better lynch. I changed my vote because we were getting close to DL and i wouldnt be there for DL.

And number two on my Switch from Ithi Pings to Len Pings after Player Died list

Welcome to the Stage:

Basel!!!

*applause*

Basel says he doesn't like the RTE votes - he doesn't think he is scum, just misguided Town. He thinks that WoT is scum though, so is happy with his vote on her.

Has his barney with Red. Ding, ding round 1. says he is NOT skimming

Ding, ding round two with Red - and he is busy and tired from work.

Just before Player is killed he says: Ithi is pingy and WoT is scum.

Then Player gets deaded.

Basel reminds us that he really should be arguing with Red right now. And says that Len is setting his radar off. Then changes his mind again and says Len is fine and Ithi is pingy, then after a bit of clarification - backs off Ithi again.

I say that I am going to read back and see who was flipping about between me and Len, and Basel makes this post:

"Ithi, you had some suspicious stuff for a while, but the way Len has been, I came to a conclusion: you being mafia would have meant that either Len is town, in which case he wouldn't call you out for things you've never said, because he would be legitimately hunting and would only case you on things you really have said. That, or you and Len are mafia working together, which would mean that he wouldn't make that mistake in the first place because you two would have worked out your plan in advance and wouldn't allow for such a basic error. Furthermore, I think it unlikely that his mistakes are part of a sacrifice gambit to make you look to wn, because the way things have gone so far, that would be way too complicated a plan to put into place IMO.

So in other words, Len's play has pinged hard enough to prove you town."

Were you worried I was going to find something? So now I am definitely Town because Len Pinged.

The interesting thing about both of these so far, is the way they almost seem to mirror each other.

Both Basel and Dice think that RTE is Town

Both Basel and Dice point out that Ithi pings and WoT is scum - they even use the same words

Both Basel and Dice are either involved in, or are pointing out that Basel and Red are arguing

Both Basel and Dice think I am pingy before Player dies, and afterwards change their attention to Len and back away from me.

:smile:

I had a 13 odd hour day at work yesterday and was too busy to trawl through all the emails. I was feeling a bit guilty about not doing it though ... I think I also said I would go through RTE's posts as well and give a summary.

I'm a bit more on top of my work today - so had the time to sit and write stuff down.

I can't do it at home, because the emails are all at work :)

Oh I do it on purpose. It enables me to follow what's occuring whilst I am at work more easily, and also via my BB. I don't actually get to have the laptop out that much at home, because small people like pressing buttons too much - and would rather play cars, castles and play-doh.

I just delete the previous emails on my phone everyday - but I usually keep a whole game on the work pooter.

The interesting thing about both of these so far, is the way they almost seem to mirror each other.

Both Basel and Dice point out that Ithi pings and WoT is scum - they even use the same words

Both Basel and Dice are either involved in, or are pointing out that Basel and Red are arguing

Both Basel and Dice think I am pingy before Player dies, and afterwards change their attention to Len and back away from me.

on the my read i think Dice, Basel (Red with him), Red, and maybe niel are the team

Its not a cemented thought yet, just a feeling im getting. Im hoping in the morning ill think clearer on it

I would agree that Dice, Basel and Red maybe, because like Ithi said for the most part their action mirror each other, and Red with them because she's always been claiming me to be "scummy" on more than one quation. And Dap I might even lump you in with them for the same reasons as Red.

so are you saying that you also wouldn't have voted Time? if so, i extend my FoS one Mish and Song onto you as well. which gives us a nice little pool to find scum in, becuase imo by this reasoning 1 or more of you is scum. if scum did mess with Rands viewing and it wasn't somethign else, then scum would likely put themselves on all points of the convo, agaisnt the Time trian, and on the train. not only should we look at Roo and RTE for their "black and white" veiw of Times lynch; we should also look at Tina, Mish and Song for their "its obvious that Rands view woudl have been messed with and i wouldn't have voted for Time at all"

in these 5 i'm sure there are atleast two scum.

to a lesser extent but still imo capitalizing on the chaos is Turin, Ithi and BG. Turin for him continueing to go after an uncc'd cop and then BG and Ithi for suggesting we ignore any info Rand can provide us by treating him like a nilla.

Did Turin say we should Lynch Rand?

no, but he did say that he believes Rand is scum and is continueing to push a case agaisnt him. he's not actively voting for him, but is actively trying to keep suspicion on Rand.

he also stated "the only thing keepign me from voting Rand is that he's uncc'd"

so that Turin isn't claiming we should lynch him doesn't really matter in this case because he's actively trying to discredit an uncc'd finder

looking at the case you and Player are building it does seem like subtle team work *nods* out of the two i'm more inclined to go after Basel, he's pinged me more than Dice has

on the my read i think Dice, Basel (Red with him), Red, and maybe niel are the team

Its not a cemented thought yet, just a feeling im getting. Im hoping in the morning ill think clearer on it

i dislike how your going through hoops to try and link me firmly with Basel. i asked Ithi this before and i'll ask you the same.

what happens when i flip town, will you clear Basel with my corner report. cause your sure as hell setting it up for when Basel flips scum to come after me.

I would agree that Dice, Basel and Red maybe, because like Ithi said for the most part their action mirror each other, and Red with them because she's always been claiming me to be "scummy" on more than one quation. And Dap I might even lump you in with them for the same reasons as Red.

you said, and i quote "nothing of interest happened before the Randwagon" on D1. and i dont buy "i'm a fast reader" for catching u to 30+ pages without having skimmed them all.

to catch up that quickly and be as "informed" as you are in this game you are on a QT with team mates feeding you cliff note versions of events.

and i said this before, relaly, nothign worth comment until the wagon on Rand D1.

so Times claim was nothign of comment?

the vig kill on player, was nothign of comment?

the back and forth with Len and Ithi, was nothing of comment?

Lens reveal, was nothing of comment?

you are full of BS if you seriously think there was "nothing worth commenting on" before th3e wagon on Rand was started. there was PLENTY worth comment and those points are only the highlights. you also grazed right over me pointing this out the first time with a flippant remark. i let it go once, but now your moving up my list.

@Player

I asked if there were characters from the same series not for character claims. The idea was that there is only ONE character from each series (other than real life folks) so if there was another person from Midsummer Night's Dream or another person from Mistborn, we'd know one of them was lying. So I reject your opinion that asking for other characters from the same series was hunting for anything. The only thing I was hunting for was a lie. Then again, mod provided fake claims are a possibility so I was okay voting for them in the end as well.

Archived