DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

The Ultimate Mafia Showdown - Town Wins

Darthe

It wasn't meant vindictively but if I come across them ill post it. I'm not trying to start a case with it. But you do it in other games and he did defend you over the weird text

Note about that, if it was a real code no one would of got it. N one saw it in my post

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

From what I can remember...I had these two quotes and some thoughts. I'm only to page 59 but wanted to post thoughts up to here.

I ageee that we need to talk more and not just rush to lynch WoT. I am willing to vote her but We have a lot of time. A vig shot would be the best of all scenarios right now. Then we would know more about Rand and also have the chance to get another mafioso. There is a lot of game left and no day should be wasted.

The people I am currently suspicious of are:

Tiink: no game content so far

Basel: no opinions for the day

Dice: something from D1. will look back to find and post this evening

RTE: those last few comments are really sitting wrong with me.

Something that is concerning me is that Lenlo, a confirmed townie, stated that the MOD had said that WoT's character was in fact Vin from Mistborn. And we have from the MOD that characters will reflect alignment. I don't see how this adds up. I thought about the possibility of a redirect but Rand stated that he was a strong willed cop and couldn't be redirected. There is a GFizer in the game. Perhaps there is also a framer. I just think that some of this looks all too convenient. Late cop claim, no one dies after he asks for doc protection, hits a mafia view on the first night. I guess we will see when WoT flips.

The bold: I was thinking the same thing when reading through. I was wondering how Rand has been messed with. I do find it ineresting how some didn't want to discuss anything other than simply voting for Time.

Regarding Rand: I am leaning more towards Red with her thoughts. I think Rand should share viewings, however, only if he finds scum. Since his target (Time) seemed pretty obvious it'd be easy to mess with his findings by targeting Time. If he gets another scum reading he should share it. We can then determine from their playstyle if we believe it to be true. (Besides, for it to work again means they'd have to correctly guess at his targets/views). this is going off the assumption he's telling the truth about his role. If he gets a town view he should hold it back unless that person is about to be lynched. 

Red, what I meant, was that there should (I think) be two night kills in the game. One for the Bloodsucker from the OP, and one from the mafia. As some players have catched a nice amount of flak (is that the right word?) already, it's not unlikely those two kills and the doc protection will have been all to those few players, yet now I wondered, what is the chance that all of those three - Bloodsucker, Mafia and Doc - all hit the same target. Conclusion: Either this happened, or there is more protection than only the Doc, and I was thinking about the Dreaming God maybe giving protection of some sort. I was asking others what they were thinking about that.

About that FoS for me, it's now scummy to say it's likely the Godfatherizer is going to target the one whose alignment is doubted most, and therefore most likely to be viewed?

This I found interesting. Perhaps they decided not to kill N1?

Other thoughts: I do agree that it's good to post thoughts not just vote, even with a scum viewing. 

Ithi: you wanted to be the hammer on Time. Any particular reason for that? I know you were willing to vote her, but you stated more than once about hammering. (If I remember correctly you did end up being the hammer vote). It just stood out to me.

Ok, now I really have to go. I'll finish catching up when I get back though it'll be awhile.

i'll say it again. theres too much WIFOM surrounding the lack of Nks, theres no saying what may or maynot have happpened.

the kills could have been purposefully withheld, there could be multiple healers and got lucky, a roel coudl have nuetralized them, they could have targetted the same person and been blocked some how for starters.

this type of discussion benefits no one except for the scum so i FoS heavily all of you wanting to focus on this.  especially when we should be focusing on the info gained from the rushed lynch D2 and everyones response to this.

omg opera you can be such a jackass when it comes to quotes.  all i did was press enter and you erased the first time stamp.  :dry:

player

Red lynching you, or lynching Basel doesn't clear the other, not matter what you flip. If he flips mafia then people will try clear you based on your interaction. I don't think the I'd right. So I think we will have to end up lynching both of you in the end

@Player

I asked if there were characters from the same series not for character claims. The idea was that there is only ONE character from each series (other than real life folks) so if there was another person from Midsummer Night's Dream or another person from Mistborn, we'd know one of them was lying. So I reject your opinion that asking for other characters from the same series was hunting for anything. The only thing I was hunting for was a lie. Then again, mod provided fake claims are a possibility so I was okay voting for them in the end as well.

The way to get your lie was to get a reveal. We were about to see how they flipped anyway

Why do other people always mention the Bond? Just for once it would be nice to get through a game without someone dragging that into it :rolleyes:

if me and Basel are scummy on are own, why did you spefiecially put  , Basel (with Red) in your short list.    the way thats posted makes it sound liek your saying i'm scummy because you find basel scummy; which means your basing your opinion on me due to someones elses actions on game.

if you think we're both scummy, then i FoS your linking me like that with another player.  especially given what you said here.

Turin - i believe it was turin.  you asked what i suppose we should do if rand finds scum.  i stated this before.  take the info into consideration but case them and pressure them as if there was no viewing.  what it boils down to i "either we lynch Rand" or "we leave him alive".  unlike you i dont find his claim that suspect, the only thing i question is his character claim, Liam Neeson.

to me, i fall in the "leave him alive" category.  in which case we then have to figure out how to use the WIFOM created by this situation created by whatever happened N1 to our benefit.  the best way to do this, is to have him reveal his findings each day and go from there, and if he does come back with scum to not repeat what happened D2.

just got home from class and goign out to eat with bubba.  i'll be doing drunk Mafia tonight and bringing you that promised part 2 to my case on Mish.   i'll likely not be on much tomorrow and at all over the weekand, my first exam is on tuesday.

I think both of you are scummy and pulling a gambit

If you want ill add Red (with Basel).

Also I'm not up to the day 2 rushed lynch. Ill get going again on that case now

Also you just said rand should reveal all his findings. That seems to me like you are very sure he is mafia

Plus if he isn't mafia and telling the truth you will be outing one more town player than necessary every day until he gets a mafia

Caught up, one thing that I noticed that we should keep in mind.  If the ability thief was mafia, then they would just take a teammate's partner and then use it again.  I think that would be unfair, so I think ability thief is either third party or town.

My thoughts about Rand and Time since I wasn´t here last day. (Wow, that was a short day.) I would also have been questioning Time´s being scum since Darthe had put both of their names on their qt. Lenlo, who was town, had confirmed that. So to guess that Rand was fooled in some way wasn´t hard to see. Yet, what could have been done differently? A cop comes out and say he has a guilty - how could you not vote Time? Unfortunately, this will lead us to being very careful with Rand´s viewings. I think it´s a good idea that Rand is checking people randomly. That way framing the one he views gets a lot tougher. We don´t know that was what happened though. As someone (Song?) said, there are a lot of different ways to mess with cops.

The above is nothing new, I just wanted to comment on it myself. What I wonder about is Turin´s thoughts - that killing Rand would be better for us. In what way? I don´t know for sure that Rand is town but I think it´s very likely. Why would scum offer one of their own already on day 2 to take out someone that hasn´t got a power role? Turin, can you explain.

so are you saying that you also wouldn't have voted Time? if so, i extend my FoS one Mish and Song onto you as well. which gives us a nice little pool to find scum in, becuase imo by this reasoning 1 or more of you is scum. if scum did mess with Rands viewing and it wasn't somethign else, then scum would likely put themselves on all points of the convo, agaisnt the Time trian, and on the train. not only should we look at Roo and RTE for their "black and white" veiw of Times lynch; we should also look at Tina, Mish and Song for their "its obvious that Rands view woudl have been messed with and i wouldn't have voted for Time at all"

in these 5 i'm sure there are atleast two scum.

to a lesser extent but still imo capitalizing on the chaos is Turin, Ithi and BG. Turin for him continueing to go after an uncc'd cop and then BG and Ithi for suggesting we ignore any info Rand can provide us by treating him like a nilla.

My thoughts about Rand and Time since I wasn´t here last day. (Wow, that was a short day.) I would also have been questioning Time´s being scum since Darthe had put both of their names on their qt. Lenlo, who was town, had confirmed that. So to guess that Rand was fooled in some way wasn´t hard to see. Yet, what could have been done differently? A cop comes out and say he has a guilty - how could you not vote Time? Unfortunately, this will lead us to being very careful with Rand´s viewings. I think it´s a good idea that Rand is checking people randomly. That way framing the one he views gets a lot tougher. We don´t know that was what happened though. As someone (Song?) said, there are a lot of different ways to mess with cops.

The above is nothing new, I just wanted to comment on it myself. What I wonder about is Turin´s thoughts - that killing Rand would be better for us. In what way? I don´t know for sure that Rand is town but I think it´s very likely. Why would scum offer one of their own already on day 2 to take out someone that hasn´t got a power role? Turin, can you explain.

Did Turin say we should Lynch Rand?

no, but he did say that he believes Rand is scum and is continueing to push a case agaisnt him. he's not actively voting for him, but is actively trying to keep suspicion on Rand.

he also stated "the only thing keepign me from voting Rand is that he's uncc'd"

so that Turin isn't claiming we should lynch him doesn't really matter in this case because he's actively trying to discredit an uncc'd finder

The interesting thing about both of these so far, is the way they almost seem to mirror each other.

Both Basel and Dice think that RTE is Town

Both Basel and Dice point out that Ithi pings and WoT is scum - they even use the same words

Both Basel and Dice are either involved in, or are pointing out that Basel and Red are arguing

Both Basel and Dice think I am pingy before Player dies, and afterwards change their attention to Len and back away from me.

:smile:

looking at the case you and Player are building it does seem like subtle team work *nods* out of the two i'm more inclined to go after Basel, he's pinged me more than Dice has

on the my read i think Dice, Basel (Red with him), Red, and maybe niel are the team

Its not a cemented thought yet, just a feeling im getting. Im hoping in the morning ill think clearer on it

i dislike how your going through hoops to try and link me firmly with Basel. i asked Ithi this before and i'll ask you the same.

what happens when i flip town, will you clear Basel with my corner report. cause your sure as hell setting it up for when Basel flips scum to come after me.

The interesting thing about both of these so far, is the way they almost seem to mirror each other.

Both Basel and Dice think that RTE is Town

Both Basel and Dice point out that Ithi pings and WoT is scum - they even use the same words

Both Basel and Dice are either involved in, or are pointing out that Basel and Red are arguing

Both Basel and Dice think I am pingy before Player dies, and afterwards change their attention to Len and back away from me.

:smile:

>on the my read i think Dice, Basel (Red with him), Red, and maybe niel are the team

Its not a cemented thought yet, just a feeling im getting. Im hoping in the morning ill think clearer on it

I would agree that Dice, Basel and Red maybe, because like Ithi said for the most part their action mirror each other, and Red with them because she's always been claiming me to be "scummy" on more than one quation. And Dap I might even lump you in with them for the same reasons as Red.

you said, and i quote "nothing of interest happened before the Randwagon" on D1. and i dont buy "i'm a fast reader" for catching u to 30+ pages without having skimmed them all.

to catch up that quickly and be as "informed" as you are in this game you are on a QT with team mates feeding you cliff note versions of events.

and i said this before, relaly, nothign worth comment until the wagon on Rand D1.

so Times claim was nothign of comment?

the vig kill on player, was nothign of comment?

the back and forth with Len and Ithi, was nothing of comment?

Lens reveal, was nothing of comment?

you are full of BS if you seriously think there was "nothing worth commenting on" before th3e wagon on Rand was started. there was PLENTY worth comment and those points are only the highlights. you also grazed right over me pointing this out the first time with a flippant remark. i let it go once, but now your moving up my list.

Ok, then let me rephrase my statement, nothing that had already ready been (to me) sufficiently commented upon. I'd made my decision upon whom to vote and later gave my reason because I had to go eat for my Aunt's birthday. 

Len lynch also gives us a much better insight into this neighbour business. WoT may also be a very legitimate vote tomorrow if Len turns up town. I hope for our sake he doesn't. Not for his sake, he keeps playing with too much hostility. Not helping anyone that way.

RTE: can you please explain your thoughts on the bold?
I find kaylee going after RTE for that statement was odd. It's the topic that everyone is talking about at the time. It's been well covered and talked about. It just seems like she wants to be seen to be looking at people but doesn't really care about actually looking for stuff

Rand, is Liam Neeson your character? Does anyone else have an actor as their character? Everyone else appears to be an actual charcter from a story. That just seems fishy.

I am willing to believe Rand here. I also have an actor as my character. I am Jeff Goldblum.

Never heard of the strong willed cop before.

If I had to guess, I would say that strong-willed cop is along the same lines as a strongman killing role. Just as a strongman kill won't be stopped by a BPV or a doctor's protection, a strong-willed cop will not be fooled by a GF or miller, but would see the target's true alignment. This is something I had considered putting in a game but hadn't yet had the opportunity, so it looks like I'm not the only one to come up with it.

Come on Basel, you claim at night and cover for a god father when it's been explained that he can be fooled by a godfather

This just seems like you want to get your claim out there and verified while its still fresh in people's minds so they won't look too closely, and that you are laying the ground work for a GF in the future

Such a big FOS

Now Rand I dont see strong willed cop on either of the lists that Darthe said that roles would be coming from. Care to explain that? Also what is a strong willed cop and how is it dif from a reg cop?

There is cop, and there is a strong willed modifier in the lists.  Also, at least from what Darthe has told me, strong willed means I can not be redirected by any sort of action, but I am still fallible to the godfather.

See. Right there he said it. Skimming Basel is skimming

It was 2 pages back I think, in the middle of an important debate which you failed to read

One of the sites listed gives the modifier strong willed as being immune to redirects and also to role blocks. It would still get fooled by a gf or tailor. That matches with what rand claimed.

Why reveal the name during the night Basel?

Ithi :wub: , even the fly?

So you got called out which is good Basel, I look forward to your rebuttal

One of the sites listed gives the modifier strong willed as being immune to redirects and also to role blocks. It would still get fooled by a gf or tailor. That matches with what rand claimed.

Why reveal the name during the night Basel?

Ithi :wub: , even the fly?

I went out to dinner and drinks last night, and never saw reveal or the post by you wondering if any other actors were involved till this morning. And if I'd waited till day, I would have forgot to make the post.

(Has never actually seen The Fly, but thinks his character in Independence Day was awesome.)

If you hadn't seen the post then it means you posted a reveal based on a question not meant for you, when you hadn't read the thread yet, and because you needed to reveal before you forgot?

Makes complete sense

Most people would feel the need to read the thread first,especially before they just decide to reveal. I also find it strange that you say you would of forgot. What do you mean by that? If you hadn't posted that post what would you have forgotten, if your role was real you wouldn't of forgotten that, and when you were reading the thread to catch up you would of seen the questions about strong willed cops and answered it again. So that means to me you needed to get your reveal it before morning (before the NK) or you never intended to actually read the bits you missed.

Now if we hypothesise for a second that Rand was the intended NK. That would look like you needed to try verify your actors claim before Rand was killed. It fits and it paints a dark picture doesn't it. Ill hazard a limb here to say that if you are mafia Rand is telling the truth

Then spam until day breaks

Also Niel has a habit of appearing at night to comment on cases about himself, rarely does it at day though

Don;t really have any girlcrushes, although I did like the minons from Despicable Me and the Ewoks.

Neil, verb

Verb, niel

It made me laugh

Archived