DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

The Ultimate Mafia Showdown - Town Wins

Darthe

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well I personally am gonna vote Red. Her going after me in the night felt less like her usual hounding and more like intentionally misinterpreting everything I said to try to paint me scummy.

I kind of agree with this. If I remember correctly she didn't even vote that day, though she had been on...

Well I personally am gonna vote Red. Her going after me in the night felt less like her usual hounding and more like intentionally misinterpreting everything I said to try to paint me scummy.

I kind of agree with this. If I remember correctly she didn't even vote that day, though she had been on...

ANd by that day, I mean the Day 2 fiasco.

Here are all of TG and Smiley's posts since Rand's viewing post (up to page 60):

Mafia view on Time.  Lets go.  vote Time

vote Time

Ithi, I'm not sure how useful additional discussion will be today.  We can discuss some game mechanics but it's all just conjecture.  

sorry, my vote wasn't bolded...let me try again

vote Time

As for the framer versus QT introduction thing I don't know.  But the if Time is a mafia neighborizor then Darthe could have given her the ability to pick any character as her introduction.  Similar to innocent child where you get mod vetted but for the mafia.

Bold: it had been discussed and said how the role was neighbor not neighborizor. The fact that the mod introduced them on the QT kinda clarifies that. He begins to paint the idea that Ithi is derailing the lynch. (I know she's no longer alive)

Discussions are always useful. I think we discussed an awful lot yesterday without having practically nothing to go on - and yet we filled up 40 odd pages with discussion.

So we could still be talking about who we think is and isn't Mafia - and peoples thoughts and reactions on this whole situation will be useful at a later point.

Your attempt to stifle the discussion has been noted however.

As has your attempt to sow WIFOM about how Time might flip and derail her train.  

Continues

Why would you say something like that TG?

Something like what?  That Ithi is derailing her train?

Discussions are always useful. I think we discussed an awful lot yesterday without having practically nothing to go on - and yet we filled up 40 odd pages with discussion.

So we could still be talking about who we think is and isn't Mafia - and peoples thoughts and reactions on this whole situation will be useful at a later point.

Your attempt to stifle the discussion has been noted however.

As has your attempt to sow WIFOM about how Time might flip and derail her train.

Show me where I said we shouldn't vote WoT. My conjecture has ben about how the result will affect Rand. Please find a quote to back this up.

Clever.  At no point do you say, "Let's not lynch WoT".  Instead you say, "Hey guys, Time was introduced in the QT as town, I found this role called framer that might be in the game and it's totally possible that Time was framed so Rand got a bad viewing..."  The implication is clear.  

Also, from my own experience, a neighbor QT is not a safe place.  I was tricked by Moon in the Calvin and Hobbes game when she neighborized me, I revealed my power role to her, and she ended up being mafia.

He quote RTE and Ithi to further try to discredit her and push the neighborizor angle.

I meant more the discussions are pointless thing.

Does it bother anyone else that there about 12 people MIA?

Ah.  This.  I'm all for discussion.  I'm just very wary of Ithi because it's hard to get a read on her and more discussion from her could easily be misleading town.  Ithi's line of argument is setting up Time to not end up lynched.  I'm worried she is either A) a scummate trying to protect a mafia and if Time flips scum she will say that she is town because no way would she ever openly defend a fellow scum like that or B) she could be right, I have no idea with a game like this.  But, if it is A then her play at discussion is, IMO, sowing WIFOM about how the game might be setup.

I'm all for getting people to weigh in.  I 

Here he quotes RTE and never answers the question. RTE is asking about the 12 MIA and TG responds with the discussion talk and how he is suspicious of Ithi.

Sorry, above post got cut off.

In fact I think if you actually looked, there are several posts where I say that WoT needs to be Lynched, but that we should discuss whilst we do it :)

Yes you do.  You still make me nervous though.

More of the same.

10 am here on the east coast.

Just added ^ because it was one of his posts.

It was Day and it is Night, well.

I'll just get back to Science

This was all Smiley had to say over the whole D2. 

Vin; Mistborn; Misty Eyed

Darthe, you make me laugh.

^TG's last post up to page 60.

I approve of this avatar change

^Smiley's other post.

With all that most of the interaction of TG is with Ithi. Some with RTE and I'd have to go back and look at his posts to gather my thoughts on him.

smiley was lurky, he has about 35 posts, and the only thing i remember is he misunderstood what i meant back in D1 (like 30 pages ago or so), other than that nothing comes to mind.

TG on the other hand is more interesting (for the reasons stated above)

i wonder what gifts roo gave (is it like a Xshot protect/vig/cop thing or something more lasting?) 

just getting on.  sorry dinner ran long last night and i crashed when i got home.  didn't even drink *sigh*

pre-emprtive OMGUS vote is scummy. 

ping on Song for twisting and planting falsehoods.   i work a flip schedule on Mon and Weds and dont get into work until 10:30.  i wans't able to get on the internet until around 1ish on Wed cause of work, which will likely be the same this monday seeing as we got 5 jobs in yesturday for me to upload.

the lynch on Time happened while i was asleep, so yeah not only didn't i vote D2 i didn't even get a chance to give my two cents on the whole thing cause you lot decided to rush it.

also, interesting Rand has now gone awol seeing as his main pusher has flipped town.  Turin was a JOATs, dont they normally have an investigating power?  Turin wouldnt have kept pushing unless he was sure Rand was lieing and he acted like he was sure Rand was lieing.  given this new info, i'm putting Mish on hold for now

VOTE: RAND

Cant case basel right now. Have to clean the house.

But please people. Dont follow Red. Lets not lynch our only claimed Cop because some guy hassled him who might of had an investigative role that he used on him, and who chose the most obvious person to investigate so very likely got messed with

Red really? An uncountered cop after you have been at Basels throat for days and you didnt even quote Rand once or bother to wait for him to post

Sorry for being a bit inactive. Was late home thursday, leaving no time to catch up, and totally forgot today, until now, and at 11:20 PM I'm not going to read 10 pages. Tomorrow 8-9 AM (in 9-10 hours from now) I'll post my catchup post.

I think Red is scummy for pushing on Rand. She seems too willing to overlook the presence of the godfatherizer role, which is on top of the fact that no one has come forward to counter Rand yet. Instead she seems to be presenting it as an open and shut case that Rand is lying.

Vote Red.

just getting on.  sorry dinner ran long last night and i crashed when i got home.  didn't even drink *sigh*

pre-emprtive OMGUS vote is scummy. 

>

ping on Song for twisting and planting falsehoods.   i work a flip schedule on Mon and Weds and dont get into work until 10:30.  i wans't able to get on the internet until around 1ish on Wed cause of work, which will likely be the same this monday seeing as we got 5 jobs in yesturday for me to upload.

the lynch on Time happened while i was asleep, so yeah not only didn't i vote D2 i didn't even get a chance to give my two cents on the whole thing cause you lot decided to rush it.

also, interesting Rand has now gone awol seeing as his main pusher has flipped town.  Turin was a JOATs, dont they normally have an investigating power?  Turin wouldnt have kept pushing unless he was sure Rand was lieing and he acted like he was sure Rand was lieing.  given this new info, i'm putting Mish on hold for now

VOTE: RAND

You lot? I didn't even get on the computer during day 2 *rolls eyes*

No maf viewing.

Red that is extremely scummy.  I have not been that active this entire game and you choose now to portray it in a bad way?  I don't even know what you're thinking.  And don't you think that if Turin viewed me he would have shared his result?  We don't even know what kind of JOAT he was and whether he got control over his actions, and he may have not wanted to use the cop yet.  Extremely scummy.

However, Basel's recent post on top of all of his other ones looks like he is just capitalizing on a scummy looking Red, especially after their back and forth.  I am almost sure that one of them is scum.  I'm going to go with my gut and go with Basel.  vote Basel

I think Red is scummy for pushing on Rand. She seems too willing to overlook the presence of the godfatherizer role, which is on top of the fact that no one has come forward to counter Rand yet. Instead she seems to be presenting it as an open and shut case that Rand is lying.

Vote Red.

I'm inclined to agree with Basel.  The odds that someone messed with his reading are good.  If she is indeed town though, Basel might have some 'splainin' to do.

Holy balls.

After those kills, WOW.... 

Roo gives a bunch of people gifts when he dies I think

The other is that one from the OP. the bloodsucker thing

The last can "clean up" a kill. So they can remove the coroners report

thanks dude, 

So who gets the gifts???

Exact same for me ... Vote Red

Vote Red.

I'm inclined to agree with Basel.  The odds that someone messed with his reading are good.  If she is indeed town though, Basel might have some 'splainin' to do.

Anyone else find this post strange?

And number two on my Switch from Ithi Pings to Len Pings after Player Died list

Welcome to the Stage:

Basel!!!

*applause*

Basel says he doesn't like the RTE votes - he doesn't think he is scum, just misguided Town. He thinks that WoT is scum though, so is happy with his vote on her.

Has his barney with Red. Ding, ding round 1. says he is NOT skimming

Ding, ding round two with Red - and he is busy and tired from work.

Just before Player is killed he says: Ithi is pingy and WoT is scum.

Then Player gets deaded.

Basel reminds us that he really should be arguing with Red right now. And says that Len is setting his radar off. Then changes his mind again and says Len is fine and Ithi is pingy, then after a bit of clarification - backs off Ithi again.

I say that I am going to read back and see who was flipping about between me and Len, and Basel makes this post:

"Ithi, you had some suspicious stuff for a while, but the way Len has been, I came to a conclusion: you being mafia would have meant that either Len is town, in which case he wouldn't call you out for things you've never said, because he would be legitimately hunting and would only case you on things you really have said. That, or you and Len are mafia working together, which would mean that he wouldn't make that mistake in the first place because you two would have worked out your plan in advance and wouldn't allow for such a basic error. Furthermore, I think it unlikely that his mistakes are part of a sacrifice gambit to make you look to wn, because the way things have gone so far, that would be way too complicated a plan to put into place IMO.

So in other words, Len's play has pinged hard enough to prove you town."

Were you worried I was going to find something? So now I am definitely Town because Len Pinged.

The interesting thing about both of these so far, is the way they almost seem to mirror each other.

Both Basel and Dice think that RTE is Town

Both Basel and Dice point out that Ithi pings and WoT is scum - they even use the same words

Both Basel and Dice are either involved in, or are pointing out that Basel and Red are arguing

Both Basel and Dice think I am pingy before Player dies, and afterwards change their attention to Len and back away from me.

:smile:

Here are the things Ithi had pointed out about Dice/Basel. (there was another one for Dice, but DM lost it.) Their mirroring definitely is worth looking at. What I found interesting is Basel never commented on this. Care to comment now Basel?

Archived