DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

The Ultimate Mafia Showdown - Town Wins

Darthe

MIsh i state it to give people an FYI, not to use it as an excuse or to try and get people not to case me or to influence their decision about my alignment.  and i dont expect people to take my RL crap into consideration for a game nor do i "demand" they take it into account and i have no clue where you got that from either.

this is why i posted in the sign up thread about my school and work.  its a general FYI and tbh its directed more to Darthe the mod so he understands why i'm not as active as i'd like to be.  i post it here so i dont have to say the same thing twice. 

and also, once again, my points about you with the Time lynch have nothing at all to do with whats happening with you IRL.  none of my points i listed have anything to do with RL stuff.

quote to me where i'm pressuring you about RL stuff.

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wow!

Been following but didn't get a chance to post. That was some crazy stuff... Surprised with Basel, had a scum read on him.

So, first, Mish and Red, you two need to sorta chill out and take a breather. Regardless of who said what at this point, things are going in a personal direction that does not help either of your cases and seems based on a misunderstanding.

Now, casings. What really bothers me, and most of the people who voted for Red, is her so eager to go against an uncountered/uncontested cop. Certainly by now with your back against the wall, if there was a "real cop", they'd have come out by now. They haven't. We have Rand, who is human like anyone else and had trouble keeping up, and has likely been framed when he was wrong on Time. I think your insistence on this has been really bad, and you claiming a doctor is very suspicious. Instead of arguing with Mish I'd like to see how you can persuade so many people voting against you that voting an uncontested cop is a good idea.

Not clear on the Mish case, but I think Red is looking more scummy right now.

Red as stated I misread something.That is different from skimming. The fact remains that you were voting for an un CC'd cop. That alone is scummy enough to earn a vote. Im not sure I believe your doc claim as I really dont trust you but as I did with Rand so I must do with you

unvote

in regards to mish I am trying to decide if Woodstock would be the sort of fake claim a mafia would use. On one hand woodstock is small and unthreatening and so would seem likely to be town. my problem is this    if you are going to put a Peanuts character in why would you choose woodstock over snoopy or charlie brown?

and today I realy do need to go look at mish   i didnt get it done yesterday cause i was hanging out with my daughter

Wow!

Been following but didn't get a chance to post. That was some crazy stuff... Surprised with Basel, had a scum read on him.

So, first, Mish and Red, you two need to sorta chill out and take a breather. Regardless of who said what at this point, things are going in a personal direction that does not help either of your cases and seems based on a misunderstanding.

Now, casings. What really bothers me, and most of the people who voted for Red, is her so eager to go against an uncountered/uncontested cop. Certainly by now with your back against the wall, if there was a "real cop", they'd have come out by now. They haven't. We have Rand, who is human like anyone else and had trouble keeping up, and has likely been framed when he was wrong on Time. I think your insistence on this has been really bad, and you claiming a doctor is very suspicious. Instead of arguing with Mish I'd like to see how you can persuade so many people voting against you that voting an uncontested cop is a good idea.

Not clear on the Mish case, but I think Red is looking more scummy right now.

There is a case on Mish. Read it

Red as stated I misread something.That is different from skimming. The fact remains that you were voting for an un CC'd cop. That alone is scummy enough to earn a vote. Im not sure I believe your doc claim as I really dont trust you but as I did with Rand so I must do with you

unvote

in regards to mish I am trying to decide if Woodstock would be the sort of fake claim a mafia would use. On one hand woodstock is small and unthreatening and so would seem likely to be town. my problem is this    if you are going to put a Peanuts character in why would you choose woodstock over snoopy or charlie brown?

and today I realy do need to go look at mish   i didnt get it done yesterday cause i was hanging out with my daughter

Nice defence. Did you work that out on the QT when you picked that to be a good fake claim?

So that will post but my case won't WTF!

ok ill try the case again

Yeah I'm thinking I gotta do that from the beginning too... (I have a bad tendency of starting a reread around page 40 and doing notes then...)

First post of Mish that's actually kinda almost game related

Could you be so kind to share some of your notes?

I see I've gotten way too used to inactive games. I already feel that this can be a daunting game...

Time; unsure of what to think of, I didn't react to her vote itself, but I can see the arguments.

Ithi, I haven't played with enough to know anything about her style, but I'm getting a town feel.

I am not liking Tina basically echoing Rand. That sits wrong with me.

And Darthe, I'm disappointed that spam was put on hold, I have a ton of funny animation movie gifs to post *dramatic sigh* :P

So Mishs first post that's close to a case and opinion

Time, she says she sees both sides, doesn't take a stance

Ithi, bases this off meta but she says she doesn't know ithi to make a firm judgement. She set herself up to be able to say look I said ithi was town and get some cred but also to vote her with no real need of a defence of this statement

Tina echoing rand sits wrng with her but this in itself is just an echo of other players

That's when Dap 1 was killed. At this point the posts above are all of Mishs content posts for the game so far. We have have 25 pages....

explain this do me??

and why would you assume a day vig and no mafia? Though I suppose it is possible with how packed full of stuff this game is

First I asked you why you thought it was a day vig - it could be mafia with a day kill too dap is town, confirmed by a coroner's report, which you seem to have misread/skimmed

Second statement is basically saying that the game seems full of roles, if the ones Darthe made up are any indication, not to mention that would explain the reason for all the balance checking etc.

Turns out the mafia mention a mafia day kill. Huh, that was unexpected

Mish - explains doubler and in same post says she doesn't understand, not sure if scum tell

Dice - couple questions of other players, not much self-generated content, leaning scum

So he leans scum on a dice for exactly what Mish is doing but only finds mish's one post scummy

DM hasn't been giving me notifications so I forgot about this whole game

Yeah I've never understood that much either.

Said about people being inactive over weekends. If you are so free with you time why don't you make a case and actually post

If you had been telling the truth about notifications then you should of had almost half a thread to catch up on and comments to make

Oh t

hat esplains why I don't understand it then... I have no life :rolleyes: (no seriously, I don't)

Then post!!

Yeah I was thouroughly told by Red in the Hangar 18 game that she's gone in the weekends; so I don't expect to see her until Monday in the earliest.

I'm looking very forward to Len's case on Ithi now too... It's starting to look like a load of bull.

Look who is defending Reds activity back here but now is arguing bitterly about it

Finally Mish. Could you please vote someone? even if it is me.

Why are you poking me? o.O Why no-one else that hasn't voted?

I was gonna vote Len today, but now I don't know what to do... I'm not sure I trust this neighbour claim.

So after the neighbour reveal and 2 pages of discussion you only come out of lurking when someone mentions you

That's a big scum tell in my book

There is a difference between neighbourizer, and neighbours. Neighbours start out as two, and stay two. A neighbourizer, starts out alone, and can make neighbours of others. Just like how masons start out as a pair and stay that way, masonizer can bring in others.

One mafia sets up to take defence of a town player

In both the Hobbit game and the Calvin and Hobbes game the role of neighbor/neighborizer was a scum role.  Every game that I have seen where town gets a QT they have been called Masons. 

So, I think either that both Len and Time are scummates or both are town.  They have both stated that Darthe put their roles in the QT, so it is unlikely they could fake claim if only one was scum and one was town.  I'm going to go with scummates at this point based on play so far and

unvote, vote Lenlo

And the other goes for the throat

I agree with Turin's case on Rand, specifically because of this one reply from Rand:

Again still not that much input on what people want to do.

In response to Turin pointing out Rands hesistance in placing a vote. Why let the will of others inlfuence you in your voting?

vote Rand

She stays away from the Len lynch like its the plague

Calls someone out for listening to cases and follows Turin to go for Rand

It's the closest thing to an independent thought Mish has had so far though

I'll be on reguarly for about 5 more hours too before it's bedtime, and I can switch my vote if needed, but I feel Rand has dug a deeper hole than Len...

In other words you will be lurking but not actually contributing

I really don't want to post now, because it'll seem like I just showed up to get to 20 :rolleyes: Anyhow.

Rand is at L-1, and the voting stopped. Interesting.

It is especially since TG and Smiley weren't on the train

I bet you were really pissed that they weren't online weren't you

unvote vote Len

Random lynch < townie lynch

Sleepytime!

Very sure he was town weren't you?

And that's all of day 1

That night there were a few posts from Mish actually

All spam even though cases were happening. Nice way to get the post count up right?

Anyway day 2 was covered by Red and I gave my thoughts on that earlier

@ roo: i explained what i think we should do in response to Ith and BG suggesting we ignore Rand. i'll state it again though.

i say leave Rand be and if he gets another scum that he outs them. further more, because of this specific situation i'd honestly perfer him to tell us his viewings each night for info purposes. if this is the work of a framer, some of the innocents he gets might well be scum and will help us info wise. normally i'd shy away from a finder revealing townie findings, but this situaiton is unique given the WIFOM.

either way, when he outs anotuher acum, we take it with a grain of salt and instead of rushign the lynch use it to apply presusre on the person the good old fashion way.

this is imo the best way to make use of this situation without lynching him and possibly losing an uncc'd finder.

also, if Rand does flip scum then who he targets will still give us some info on the situation.

edit - bloody hell *sigh* edited to give the spacing breaks *rolls eyes*

Right so you start off saying Rand should be left alone. But you still want his viewings every night. This is before you name him mafia and when you still seem to think him town. Scummy Red is scummy

How would him telling us his viewings each night help? That way the mafia would know exactly who he was planning to look at and the godfatheriser would have all the info they needed. All that would do is to put all the cards in the mafia teams hand. At least now when he doesn't they have to guess who he will look at.

You then go on to say this situation is unique (it's not ive played more than one game with a framer before and I've even been the framer before) and use that to explain you asking for Rand to tell us his findings.

Plus you make the argument I'm making right now and say let's not lynch an uncountered cop

catching up on what happened since i last posted. on page 55 though i see Time was lynched and Rand's vieing was inaccurate.

given that Time flipped town 1 of 3 possabilities exist

- Rand is fake claiming. this option makes me lean town on Rand, theres too much to risk giving a finding like that knowing he'd be lynched unless the scum consider it worth the sacrifice, which has some validness to it. a fake claim possibly outs the real cop and takes out a "confirmed" townie.

- Rands viewing got messed with. which is likely as Time was an obvious viewing imo but so were myself and Ithi imo.

- Rand is an insane or paraniod cop, meaning he gets random viewings or sum readings on everyone. unlikely given that Darthe made him a strong-arm, but all possabilities have to be considered imo

I ageee that we need to talk more and not just rush to lynch WoT. I am willing to vote her but We have a lot of time. A vig shot would be the best of all scenarios right now. Then we would know more about Rand and also have the chance to get another mafioso.There is a lot of game left and no day should be wasted.

This is daps notes. Turin says Another mafioso. This means at this point he thinks Time is mafia so therefore he believes Rand. He doesn't trust Rand but he believes him

The people I am currently suspicious of are:

Tiink: no game content so far

Basel: no opinions for the day

Dice: something from D1. will look back to find and post this evening

RTE: those last few comments are really sitting wrong with me.

Something that is concerning me is that Lenlo, a confirmed townie, stated that the MOD had said that WoT's character was in fact Vin from Mistborn. And we have from the MOD that characters will reflect alignment. I don't see how this adds up. I thought about the possibility of a redirect but Rand stated that he was a strong willed cop and couldn't be redirected. There is a GFizer in the game. Perhaps there is also a framer. I just think that some of this looks all too convenient. Late cop claim, no one dies after he asks for doc protection, hits a mafia view on the first night. I guess we will see when WoT flips.

He mentions GFer but asks about a framer as well. This means Turin doesn't know that a GFer is basically a framer that can protect mafia as well as frame town

good points, though Turin i have to point this out but you seem to be parroting/agreeing with Ithi 90% of the time. its somethign that sticks out and doesn't sit well. perhaps its the bond, or perhaps not; it does set my hair on end and is worth noting though. so at this point Red tries to cast suspicion on both Turin and Ithi, but now they flipped town she believes everything they said

i also agree abtout he vig however. perhaps their limited on killing or something. liek only certain days or can't kill consecutively.ithi was bi phased so to me this suggests the day kills can be of anti town origins. Why would she need to protect from town kills, Vigs are normally town and so should be helping town, having the doc use their phase protect against a Vig and then open to a mafia NK doesn't make sense

I take back what I said, Basel was killed by someone anti town IMO

you're also fence sitting on Rand imo, pick one side of the coin or the other. either you think he's lieing or you think his veiwing got messed up. i want a clear answer on this

If Turin had viewed Rand would he be swaying back and forth like this? I doubt it

Rand is fake claiming and this gives you a town read on rand cause mafia wouldn't do this.? we both are??? I'm confused.

Look at what happens. Rand is at L-1. He claims late. Lenlo is pretty much only other choice. 1 townie down. He reveals a guilty on time. Speed lynch based off his view. 2 townies down. You are suggesting we continue to lynch off his recommendations. How many bad lynches before you start to question? Just your death apparently lolAt that point in the game mafia has nothing to lose by having him claim cop. It was probably the only claim that could have saved him. So no downside lots of upside. Why not?

Parrot, I think not. I have plenty of my own thoughts. I do agree with Ithi a lot. We think similarly. She has a knack for finding the small inconsistencies in peoples statements.

Finally this was where you asked my opinion on rand which I gave. I am leaning towards him being mafia based upon circumstances. So asked and answered. He's leaning. he isn't sure. You're sure based on something that might of happened with Turins NAs. Turin wasn't sure and he knew what his NA had been and the answers he had gotten

Oh dap, I was trying to find the redoubler. I believe it is more likely a mafia role and if we the town wish to work we can find it. I did note that both rand and dice pushed that it would be town.

I think you are reading this Red as that Turin was 100% Rand was mafia when he wasn't, he says he wasn't. He just takes the stand that rand is mafia in the first part to prove a point to you that your argument didn't make sense. He wasn't sure though

i never said Rand is fake claiming, i said thats 1 of 3 possible scenarios last night. with that particular sceanrio i dont see the cost as worht the gain especialy when any findre worth their grit knows not to fall for a false claim and counter them out right. You said that if he was fake claiming he was town in your opinion. Why would be fake a claim like that as town?

i just explained why not lynchign Rand will benifit us. if he does flip scum, we can examine his interactions and non-interactions, how he acts and who he views to give us info. hold to this now then. Leave him alive until we actually need to lynch him and don't risk losing our only finder on what a dead player might of done

re-parroting - which is why i also said "agreeing" and i also said "could be the bond" meanign you guys think similarly. you gtwo do seem to agree in games you bpth play in which is why i added "might be the bond".

but, there is WIFOM in this. for all we know you coudl be scum and purposefully agreeing with Ithi to keep her from suspecting you. which is why i said worth noting and am not actively persuing that angle agaisnt you.

also, what do you think abtou my points on Mish?

Your first case on mish was good. I think I have quoted it later so ill comment on it then

Is that not your quote above. The first possibility you mention is he is fake claiming. You don't think that it is worth a string of town lynches for him to claim when he was surely dead otherwise?

The idea if taking it with a grain of salt doesn't work IMO. You either have to trust it is valid or discard it. Leaving that grey area leaves room for mafia to slide around.

If rand is never lynched then there is substantially less information gained. But again how many false reads do we follow before we have lost? If he gets an innocent do we lynch to check for insanity? If a guilty how much weight does it get?

Does darthes description of the gfer say anything about being able to frame as well? I'm on mobile and can't get to page one.

Fair enough.

Mish case has some merit.

Turin didn't know that the GFer could effect A cops viewings. His whole argument was missing that huge angle

I am so impatient right now, I even have things written up already. :tongue:

By this quote we can be sure Rand, whatever his role or alignment did not effect the number of deaths or who died

i'll say it again. theres too much WIFOM surrounding the lack of Nks, theres no saying what may or maynot have happpened. the kills could have been purposefully withheld, there could be multiple healers and got lucky, a roel coudl have nuetralized them, they could have targetted the same person and been blocked some how for starters. this type of discussion benefits no one except for the scum so i FoS heavily all of you wanting to focus on this. especially when we should be focusing on the info gained from the rushed lynch D2 and everyones response to this.

omg opera you can be such a jackass when it comes to quotes. all i did was press enter and you erased the first time stamp. :dry:

player Red lynching you, or lynching Basel doesn't clear the other, not matter what you flip. If he flips mafia then people will try clear you based on your interaction. I don't think the I'd right. So I think we will have to end up lynching both of you in the end

@Player I asked if there were characters from the same series not for character claims. The idea was that there is only ONE character from each series (other than real life folks) so if there was another person from Midsummer Night's Dream or another person from Mistborn, we'd know one of them was lying. So I reject your opinion that asking for other characters from the same series was hunting for anything. The only thing I was hunting for was a lie. Then again, mod provided fake claims are a possibility so I was okay voting for them in the end as well.

The way to get your lie was to get a reveal. We were about to see how they flipped anyway Why do other people always mention the Bond? Just for once it would be nice to get through a game without someone dragging that into it :rolleyes:
if me and Basel are scummy on are own, why did you spefiecially put , Basel (with Red) in your short list. the way thats posted makes it sound liek your saying i'm scummy because you find basel scummy; which means your basing your opinion on me due to someones elses actions on game. if you think we're both scummy, then i FoS your linking me like that with another player. especially given what you said here. Turin - i believe it was turin. you asked what i suppose we should do if rand finds scum. i stated this before. take the info into consideration but case them and pressure them as if there was no viewing. what it boils down to i "either we lynch Rand" or "we leave him alive". unlike you i dont find his claim that suspect, the only thing i question is his character claim, Liam Neeson. to me, i fall in the "leave him alive" category. but once Turin dies you do a complete flip on this in which case we then have to figure out how to use the WIFOM created by this situation created by whatever happened N1 to our benefit. the best way to do this, is to have him reveal his findings each day so even when you kind if believed Rand you wanted his results. You really can't stay the fact that there is some secrecy surrounding him can you. Do you know why? Because it serves the town having the mafia not know who he is looking at and when and go from there, and if he does come back with scum to not repeat what happened D2. just got home from class and goign out to eat with bubba. i'll be doing drunk Mafia tonight and bringing you that promised part 2 to my case on Mish. i'll likely not be on much tomorrow and at all over the weekand, my first exam is on tuesday.

Oh and sorry guys, forgot to turn in my NA, that last one was me. :blush:

As mafia why would he tell us this. What would it achieve? As town thought he would be truly sorry for keeping the night going for so long. It's not much but thought it was something

I think Red is scummy for pushing on Rand. She seems too willing to overlook the presence of the godfatherizer role, which is on top of the fact that no one has come forward to counter Rand yet. Instead she seems to be presenting it as an open and shut case that Rand is lying.

Vote Red.

He turned it to be town. His agrument has more weight now. So therefor we have to vote Red. He might of absorbed the JOAT role and used it to investigate her!

But aside from that farcical agrument he has a good point

Holy balls.

After those kills, WOW....

Roo gives a bunch of people gifts when he dies I think

The other is that one from the OP. the bloodsucker thing

The last can "clean up" a kill. So they can remove the coroners report

thanks dude,

So who gets the gifts???

fishing. Such blatant fishing

Well I personally am gonna vote Red. Her going after me in the night felt less like her usual hounding and more like intentionally misinterpreting everything I said to try to paint me scummy.

Exact same for me ... Vote Red

Following. Blatant following. if mish flips mafia Niel is next for a good looking at

The sun had shifted backwards in it's cycle. The day has been restarted. All votes have been reset. All abilities used during this phase have been reset. You have 72 hours.

Does that mean the kill can be used again?

Also bale fire feels like a bad thing. I once again say I have changed my mind. That could of been a mafia type kill.

Dap 1 s kill I don't think was mafia though. I think that was town

huh, ill be damned, basel flipped town. he was really pinging as scum or 3rd party :unsure:im pretty sure you have never called him possible third party before, why now?

Cant case basel right now. Have to clean the house. But please people. Dont follow Red. Lets not lynch our only claimed Cop because some guy hassled him who might of had an investigative role that he used on him, and who chose the most obvious person to investigate so very likely got messed with Red really? An uncountered cop after you have been at Basels throat for days and you didnt even quote Rand once or bother to wait for him to post

i'm looking at the facts player.

we know Turin was town therefore his case against Rand has more merit. no. He was town but his case doesn't have more merit cos of it. Dap one went after Len and that was wrong

we also know that he was a JOAT's so him havings an investigating role. i can argue that he could of just as easily used his cop power to save Rand and was part of the reason there was no NK that night.

given how hardcore he was going after Rand on D1 and how he didn't back off at all, imo this speaks to him having proof that Rand was lieing about his claim. He never said he was certain and he was more cautios otherwise, why would a townie go that hard after an uncc'd finder? because he wouldn't be as much of a target for a NK, he can try catch Rand in a lie without investigating him, He could be just genuinely suspicious of someone who had been playing a very scummy gamegiven what Darthe has on the OP, the godfatherizer can only target 1 person. per night. One person per night. We have had two nights. He has a bunch of roles, he could of chosen to use another, he also could of been the one the GFer effected if he viewed Rand. You don't know. But you are selling it that you doassuming Turin viewed him, either they framed Rand or they framed Time. you seem very certain he used a viewing on night 1, he could of used something elseif they framed Time then Turins reading on rand woudl have been true and he would have backed off; if they framed Rand, Rand would have not had a scum reading on Time. Earlier you said Rand could be faking as town. If that's true he could of got a guilty on a town Rand. Still Turin didn't out him, he didn't say he was certain. He was just genuinely suspicious so either Rand is a paronoid or insane finder and the scum framed him or hes lieing abotu his roel and was tryign to save his ass and flush out the real finder. you said earlier that a claim wouldn't flush out a finder explain to me why else a confrimed own woudl be goign hardcore after an uncc'd cop, unless they knew that claim was false? as for why he wouldnt reveal the info striaght out, same reason the real cop wouldn't come out and cc him directly imo its better to get them lynched with a case and keep the scum unaware of your role rather than to paint a target on your back and tie up the healer. He seemed ok with leaving rand to lynch later. Why are you so desparate to lynch Rand today. He could be left alive as mafia with no real issues

>

No m

af viewing. Red that is extremely scummy. I have not been that active this entire game and you choose now to portray it in a bad way? I don't even know what you're thinking. And don't you think that if Turin viewed me he would have shared his result? We don't even know what kind of JOAT he was and whether he got control over his actions, and he may have not wanted to use the cop yet. Extremely scummy. However, Basel's recent post on top of all of his other ones looks like he is just capitalizing on a scummy looking Red, especially after their back and forth. I am almost sure that one of them is scum. I'm going to go with my gut and go with Basel. vote Basel

got control of his actions? please explain what you mean by that. I agree that was an odd thing to say JOAT is told what roles they have and is able to pick one each night to use. generally they get between 3 and 6 one shot roles, look it up on the wiki so on the first day he could if Vig killed Dap one who the thought was mafia and used his phase one action? Yea that could of happened and so he wouldn't of had an action to use at night. You just don't know!.

Well I personally am gonna vote Red. Her going after me in the night felt less like her usual hounding and more like intentionally misinterpreting everything I said to try to paint me scummy.

Exact same for me ... Vote Red

theres more of the shadowing that Ithi and player were talking about. i like Rand better because the evidence that hes scum is higher nope I disagree. The evidence he is scum isn't as high as it is for mish, but Dice and Mish are equally good options imo

I agree lets go for Dice or Mish. Mish being the best choice IMO

Had to break this for DM not to wet itself

Earlier (above)  when you said it was following I just wanted to point out that I agreed with her logic, that is all.

Archived