DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

White Tower Mafia *Starting*

Guest dragonsworn1991

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It is not a matter of not trying to earn points, but a matter of writing what I consider to be prattle. I don't have all day to think of different ways of saying the same thing. You all know where I stand as I mentioned the no vote day one idea. Since there has been some joking about it and most everyone says they don't think it is a good idea I am just helping you all move along.

I will say that posting several really long posts just to get points is a waste of all of our time. Honestly people do you have any dignity? Aren't we all suppose to be Aes Sedai here.

Min, I am not posting huge argumentative posts just to get points.

I have posted "huge argumentative posts" to try and get people to see where I'm coming from, because people are being really stubborn about this.

I'm not the only one who believes that we need to lynch someone.  I'm just the most vocal about it.  I have the most time, apparently.  I don't have kids, I don't have classes all day, I don't have a job, I'm free to make points that need making.

Also, I don't remember not understanding anything you said, Min.  I just don't agree.  The people who made points I didn't understand were: Verb, being slightly intoxicated, and Myst, making a point that was very much invalid.

I NEVER said I didn't get what YOU said, Min.  If I did, please quote me so I know I'm wrong.

I understand you wanting an ally, however, what this triggers in my head:

Pandy must be the solo winner.

I don't know if that's true, but all this "ally" stuff makes me think of it.

However, for now, I have no particular reason to NOT ally with Pandy.

Sure, Pandy, I'll enter into an AGREEMENT with you; an alliance of sorts.

Maybe I'm being foolish and stepping into a trap, but sure, I'll do it.

Pandy, I won't vote for you or target you at night.  I'm not entering into this very long-term; just until further notice.

So, let's try and see how this works.

• Club Leader

Min - Sis, you're not being fair, I don't think. Your reasons for choosing Meesh also apply to me. Don't exclude me from your list just because you love me. I don't agree with you, either, sweetie. And I'm posting a lot.

Pandy, I'm flattered that you think I'm a good player, but this is my first game ever. So, even I don't know if I'm good or not.

I understand you wanting an ally, however, what this triggers in my head:

Pandy must be the solo winner.

I don't know if that's true, but all this "ally" stuff makes me think of it.

However, for now, I have no particular reason to NOT ally with Pandy.

Sure, Pandy, I'll enter into an AGREEMENT with you; an alliance of sorts.

Maybe I'm being foolish and stepping into a trap, but sure, I'll do it.

Pandy, I won't vote for you or target you at night.  I'm not entering into this very long-term; just until further notice.

So, let's try and see how this works.

YAY meesh  :-*

Anybody else want to join this alliance?

About solo winners; I'm not a solo winner any more than anyone else is. There's 24 players in groups of three, according to the first post. Not only does this mean that I'm not a solo winner - I'm in a team - but it means that there are 8 teams. I suggest that this means 7 ajahs plus the Black.

Because I think that there should be an Amyrlin and a Keeper and a MoN, if this is the WT.

On the other hand, there COULD be a Black Ajah...  But if they were "mafia" so to speak, then wouldn't we be aware that we had to go after them?

I can see it being both ways, truly.

But I'd like to think that we have an Amyrlin out there somewhere.

I just thought of something. Knowing how Dragon loves twists and turns I wouldn't put it past him. What if we all were put in normal groups (Ajahs + Amy/Keep/MoN) but certain individuals, choosen at random over the different groups, are indeed Black? Isn't that how it would be with a Black Ajah? Not any one specific group, but spread out and infiltrated into the regular groups? It may be far fetched, but then nothing about this game is easy, it seems. Just a thought, not at all certain of it.

Meesh (and others too) I don't understand what you don't get about my reasoning for a no lynch, but fair enough. There are good points for either side really, I just prefer operating on more info than just random blind shooting. *shrugs*

Min, this 'crap babble' happens to be part of this game and just like I advised 'not' to target people for not posting every 3 seconds I'm also not in favor of targetting people for posting a lot. This can very much just be because they indeed do have much more time due to various reasons. And while you may have a point that it can be annoying to read about the same things for pages on end, you best remember that you ARE talking to Aes Sedai so I would tone it down a bit.

Another point: there seems to be people being replaced that still post in the game as if playing. Dragon, could you please look into this because it's becoming confusing as to which are officially replaced and which aren't. Someone posted to be replacing Bursius while a few posts later Burs posted that he was still in the game. So it's obvious there's some mixups there.

I thought Damon and Moose were replaced and Mirsh?

I could be wrong though.

I think I can inderstand where you are coming from Lily, for the newbies to the game it would be easier if you didn't have people around who know this game inside out. I can say I have played a lot of other mafia games so I guess you could call me experienced but this kind of game is a little different and I would like to play in mre of it. I seemed to have been killed off early in all my games so far bar one.. :(

Yep that was my sympathy vote right there ;)

Min, sweetie I do understand you too, I just don't agree. As I see it we are all trying to get our Ajahs to win. I see a no lynch as a waste of day. We aren't looking for evidence, unless it is seeing who is allied with whom.  And we are allowed to have a different opnion to you :)

Pandy I would ally with you too, but not so keen on your vote for now I would like to wait to see all before I go voting. I'm actually more keen to keep the active players than the not so ones, because it makes the game more interesting.

• Club Leader

Talya, I understand completely. Though you didn't stay in the HP game long at all, your one and only act was sheer brilliance, so you scare me a little. But, at this point, I don't have you on my lynch list. (The sympathy plea worked for now.  ;D) I just started thinking "If we don't have a mafia, what is the biggest threat?" The answer was "Players who are really good at this game. They will out-strategy me." So, I suggested it to the group as a potential way to A) Make a choice, and B) Not offend anyone. Who could be offended that I voted for them because they are good? Just trying to narrow down the choices with some sort of logic.

Pale, that is the very reason I won't make any alliances. It's the equivalent of painting a bullseye on your own back, in my opinion.

I'm not sure who, but someone suggested a few pages back that we vote for who are posting the most. This makes sense to me (at the beginning, anyway), for 2 reasons:

1) I really don't have time to read and reread 5 pages of posts every time I come on here.

2) They're earning points with those posts, which put them in a stronger position than those of us who aren't able to post as often/much.

3) What else do we have to go on? We're basically just trying to vote off everyone who's not in our own Ajah - so what other criteria do we have? We're not even sure if there IS Black Ajah, so waiting to see what people do, and if they are perhaps behaving suspiciously, is a bit pointless. We're catching fish with a net, not a rod.

Therefor, my vote goes to [glow=red,2,300]Mmeeshal[/glow].

Okay, if we want to look are serious lynching since it was suggested, why don't we go with the person who appears to be posting huge argumentative posts to try and get points. I think my NO lynch for day one was valid. There is NO mafia, we need to understand how the game works and seeing the end of a day will help us. What part of my post Meesh did not understand I have no clue. What part any of you did not understand I don't know. If this was a "normal" game then yes a no lynch on day one is bad.

Now Meesh had to post 6 times in less then 3 hours to argue about that with the other players. I can only come check once a day for the next few days. Coming and finding 8 pages of the same "crap" posted over and over again from just 21 hours is disappointing. I can see that some of you are trying to post something to try and get points. That will lead you to this...

[glow=red,2,300]VOTE Meesh[/glow]

The rest of you I will trow under the bus tomorrow. If you have something relevant post. To post the same thing spoken a different way several times is a waste of my time and those who are playing the game. 

So what you're saying is that there's several people you want to vote for because they support a lynch, but since Meesh is the most active one, she gets your vote?

Min - Sis, you're not being fair, I don't think. Your reasons for choosing Meesh also apply to me. Don't exclude me from your list just because you love me. I don't agree with you, either, sweetie. And I'm posting a lot.

Lily brings up a good point.  There are other people who equally apply to the reasons why you chose to vote for Meesh.  Yet you focus solely on her.

I don't agree with lynching someone based on activity at all. Whether they are not posting very often or posting every couple of minutes, it shouldn't matter.  What should matter is how everyone is contributing to the flow of information back and forth, not how often someone is posting.

I'm going to place my vote on [glow=red,2,300]Min[/glow].

Archived