DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

White Tower Mafia *Starting*

Guest dragonsworn1991

I don't like the idea of no lynch. If we decide not to lynch anyone what shall we do then? Be RPing and spamming for a week? We don't have much to discuss yet. Then we'll try to lynch someone, and if we fail there will be no information either. We might be doing this for months with nothing happening. There are not even modkills in the game. Considering that there's a lot of us here the game will surely stagnate and become awefully boring. As Mmeeshal pointed out, a day in the game lasts a RL week, a night will probably last several RL days as well. I don't want this game to end soon, but I don't want it to stagnate either. If we lynch someone there can't be any harm for everyone except the group that person is from.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ooh! Oooh! Let's lynch [glow=red,2,300]Mystica[/glow]!

Guys, may I point out something?

ONE extra day to the game isn't exactly 'dragging the game out'. Being patient for one day and see what kind of night actions there are and how exactly the point distribution system works (which is done only during the night) can very well be a good thing in the long run.

Yes, but it'll probably be completely arbitrary and unfair anyway.

The one thing we lack right now is kowledge. Knowledge on how this game works, what we're supposed to do, who we're supposed to be suspicious off (short of everyone), etc. Some of that knowledge will come with the first night, when we will learn and see how the night actions work. There is no maffia, so there are no Night Kills and since no one has earned any points yet there's also no risk yet of anyone being killed by one of the townspeople in a night action. Basically, this is the only day and night in the entire game that we 'can' be sure of being safe.

Yes, and you want to waste it by not lynching anybody beforehand!

Anyway, information that I have gathered in my short time playing:

1) The game works like a traditional game of mafia with the exception that basically there are eight teams of three mafia without nightkills, each trying to vote off the others. Seems simple enough to me, though perhaps a bit tricky.

2) I don't think we're supposed to be suspicious of anyone - except maybe when trying to lynch the last member of that darned (hypothetical) Ajah.

3) Night actions, from the first post:

Abilities can be purchased in the way of ter’angreal. They are as following.

Hedgehog – Makes a target skip a night action 35 points

Oath rod lvl one – Role blocker  – 65 points

Oath rod lvl two – View someone’s night action – 80 points

Oath rod lvl three – Finder – 115 points

Balefire rod – Nightkill  - 200 points

A’dam – recruitment – 250 points

Points are determined by relativity to the game.

Now, assuming that DS hasn't suddenly transformed into Einstein, relevant posts earn points. With these points we can kill people off, recruit them, and such.

I suppose we can no lynch every day for a while. But it won't take long before the nightkills begin rolling in, and then where will we be? We'll have just dragged things out, made the game slower, and less fun.

@ Meesh:

To the RP-Land Comment:

We are many pages out of it but the vast majority of those pages have been within the last 24 hours.  Pages accumulate quickly, and some people have not even come into the discussion.  I was just worried that people would come and see that people didn't want a lynch, and then just go back to their RP-ing because they want to earn the bonus points.

That's what I meant.

And as for patience, yeah I'm impatient.  Do you realize that if we're going to hold off on a lynch until AFTER night phase, we have to wait for at least a week in RL-time?  Or almost a full week, anyway. 

That's a long time to go and wait to learn all this special information that Night should bring us.  I highly doubt this game can really go anywhere in the day phase except a lynch or more Role plays.  There's only so much discussion that can be done before we need action.  If this game was shorter, and the deadline closer, I'd agree with your logic.  But a week is a long time to keep a still pool from going stagnant.  And stagnant games aren't fun at all.  They're boring, they're disappointing, and something inevitably needs to happen.

One more point.

I would like to question how on earth we could "shoot ourselves in the foot" by mistake.  This is very nearly an "Every Man for Himself" game.  If we lynch ANYONE, it benefits SOMEONE.  It does.  There is no true mafia.  Everyone is your enemy except those in your Ajah.  You cannot apply regular Mafia game logic to this.  There is no "we" except when we need to get a lynch, and when we're referring to the game in general.

If we lynch a Brown, how does that shoot us in the foot?  If there's an Amyrlin, and we lynch him/her, how does that shoot us in the foot?  Every person we lynch takes us ALL closer to a win.

It's different and hard to understand, I know, but I'm in another game that is very similar to this in that there's no "mafia" and everyone is fending for themselves, so to speak.  I know that you cannot shoot yourself in the foot unless you take out someone important to you specifically.  If we lynch one of your Ajah-mates, then yeah, sucks to be you.  But the rest of us have just taken one step closer to winning.

So that's a no to my offer of alliance then? Will nobody ally with me?  :(

---

Summary for those who didn't read it:

1) Mystica should be lynched, for fun

2) I want somebody to ally with me.

1) Shall we lynch you? Just for fun as well.

2) Don't you have enough allies in your own group?

3) I don't really know if there's something in the game that we should be suspicious of (except when trying to find out the members of a particular Ajah), but I'm suspicious of you.

I'm seeing two different groups right now.  The first is advocating a no lynch to figure out how the points accumulate and to discuss strategy.  The second is pushing for a lynch on someone to move the game along.

I'm not liking the talk of lynching people just for fun.  If we turn this into a popularity contest, it isn't fun for anyone.

the lynching wouldn't be for fun...except maybe Pandy there, but he is BA at Sg so explains a lot *nods* ;)

Seriously though. Pandy does have it right, you need to look at it as though each team is mafia and you they are looking to win, which means you are too. We aren't going to get much evidence about things, unless you discover someone killed someone, then you might want to get rid of them *shrugs*

This is about lynching, we could go for a no lynch every day, day 2 is going to be exactly the same ad this. So it could go on and on and nothing happen.

This isn't going to be a nice game, so I think right now people should resolve to not take it too seriously. That way, no feelings get hurt.

The worst you can accuse me of right now is being a person out for myself and my Ajah, which probably means being against you. However, the same applies to everyone, so we're back to square one.

Relevant game posts will earn points, and 200 points earn a nightkill. Regardless of whether we lynch or not, we're going to have some dead people in a while. This will weaken the voting power of the Ajah of the nightkilled person, and so we can vote them off. Survival of the fittest.

However, if nobody wants to be nasty, we can all agree to live happily ever after and go home.  :D

When nothing happens, the game isn't fun.  I agree that we should at least try for a lynch.  Otherwise, like others have pointed out, we don't go anywhere.

Since everyone else is mafia, there isn't exactly a wrong vote to make.  The problem is getting a consensus on someone to lynch.

Those of you advocating for a no lynch are at the top of my suspect list because to me, you are waiting to accumulate the points necessary to buy the night actions.

Pandy, if we lynch someone and that person's Ajah loses a person, it is easier for that Ajah to group together.  Since there's only one other person to worry about, it would make it easier for a group to slip through the cracks, especially if they are playing well.  But, there is also the weakened voting power that you brought up.

Stumbles into the Great Hall with a bottle of whiskey in one hand and a bed sheet wrapped around his waist, then realizes everyone is looking at him, and not just because he is late in getting here!

...What? I couldn't find my pants, alright?! Don't act like this has never happened to you before!

Stumbles into the Great Hall with a bottle of whiskey in one hand and a bed sheet wrapped around his waist, then realizes everyone is looking at him, and not just because he is late in getting here!

...What? I couldn't find my pants, alright?! Don't act like this has never happened to you before!

It has.  About 4 pages ago.  ;)

Ok.  [glow=red,2,300]Unvote[/glow]

You want lynches?  I propose that we lynch the inactive players.  That seems the most fair way to move the game along, and not have it be a "popularity contest".

From the OP, here's the roster:

1. Mystica

2. Lily

3. Ludmian

4. Charis

5. Ain

6. Crystal

7. Torrie

8. Narina

9. Zania

10. Talya

11. Elgee

12. Jaydena

13. Mirshann

14. Bursius

15. Moose

16. Daetirion

17. Meesh

18. Illiara

19. APTL

20. Minuet

21. Verbal32

22. Damon Devilkin

23. Tynaal

24. Vanion

I don't think I've seen anything from [glow=red,2,300]Zania[/glow].  Anybody have other ideas?

I think that quite a few haven't been seen yet. I say we give it a few days and then see. Unless we suddenly get a deadline from dragon.

There seem to be few I haven't even seen yet, though I could be wrong

Damon

Mirshann

Moose

Tynaal

Just to start (at least I think...sorry if you have I just can't remember it)

Basically, there are 8 teams within the Tower.  You are on one team and should know who your teammates are.  You can communicate with your teammates off thread and figure out strategy and all sorts of other stuff that only your team will know about.

The object of the game is to be the last team standing.  In a sense, everyone is mafia and trying to kill all the other teams.  Since you should know who your team is, you would want to eliminate all the other people.

Does that make sense?

Tynaal, Mirsh, and Moose all posted a couple of pages back.  If we're talking about who hasn't posted in the game thread, there are four people I believe.  Damon, Zania, Bursius, and Crystal.  I could be wrong.  I want to go back and see.

Archived