DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

White Tower Mafia *Starting*

Guest dragonsworn1991

Wanders in the Great Hall, head phones on eyes shut, dancing away to Dancing Queen. Talya liked to come in here sometimes where no one seemed to come anymore, so it was a great place to have a sing and a dance with no one seeing her, and the accustics were good. Off she started, in her best voice...

Friday night and the nights are low...Looking out for a ....

Dancing away it took a while for the sound of rustling to bring her to her senses, opening her eyes she saw the Hall full of Aes Sedai if all the Ajah's staring at her. She stopped mid movement and faultered in her singing, not sure quite what she ought to do. She took a deep breath, straightened her back, held her head up high and continued across the Hall gliding gracefully, hoping that her face wasn't going too red. She too a seat off to one side and sat waiting for someone to say anything.

I'm here, I won't be around too much, I'm actually on Holiday and didn't expect this to start so soon. But I will be here where I can.

From what I see we need to lynch those we know aren't part of out Ajah, so that who ever is left will take over the Tower for their Ajah. I hope I got that right.

But if we don't lynch are there any other conequences? Dragon said there would be no random lynch. But will something else happen, otherwise it will make it easy not to lynch anyone.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yes, easy, but what's the point in it? There isn't a risk of lynching an innocent in this game, is it? As long as the person lynched is not in your group (and we all know our groups, as far as I can understand) you can only  benefit from it. So I doubt the idea of no lynch will be popular in this game.

Just a word of warning about the maths previously

Whilst i do agree that 7 ajahs + Black/Mafia is likely, i don't think we should get too focussed on the idea. For a start, that would mean 3 per team, not the two per team originally mentioned. Secondly, reckon some of the most powerful roles out there might revolve around an Amyrlin and maybe a keeper. Unless thats the solo win.

Basicly trying to say... might not be that straightforward!

Illiara wanders into the Great Hall, stunned at seeing all of the Aes Sedai present.  Nobody looked comfortable being out in the Hall, yet nobody wanted to be associated with a certain Ajah.  Everyone was sitting apart from each other, waiting for all the rest of the sisters to show up.  She decided that she should join them, as it was surely something important that had all of them gathered in the Hall.  She took a seat far from everyone else and began to wait for the rest of the sisters to arrive.

Just thinking....

7 Ajahs in the White Tower.

3 in each one leaves 3 left

That leaves Black Ajah

Thats a cult, so eyes open people  ;D

In my experience, when players bring up a possible setup that has not previously been mentioned, and especially links that to a "cult", I get suspicious.  While you are right in that we all might need to band together to get rid of something like the Black Ajah before bickering amongst ourselves, just to mention it makes me suspicious of you for trying to ignite fires where there might not be any.

And can somebody tell me where I can get some clothing?  It's quite cold in here. *looks down*  Quite.  :-\

This is probably going to be one of the hardest first day phases I've ever been in.

This really is the biggest question we're facing:

How do we pick who we want to lynch, and get a majority vote?

I'm really interested in hearing everyone's opinions and ideas on this subject.

We need SOMETHING....

I agree that we need something, and yet, this is probably one of the most difficult questions to answer.

Anyone we pick will have teammates that will be reluctant to vote for their own.  Plus, since we are all technically in this for ourselves, we can't use the "Player X looks suspicious so I'm voting for them." defense for a vote.  Since most Day 1 votes are basically this idea, it is really hard to throw out a vote.

I want to think more about this so that we can come up with an answer.  Because right now, it is eluding me.

In my experience, when players bring up a possible setup that has not previously been mentioned, and especially links that to a "cult", I get suspicious.  While you are right in that we all might need to band together to get rid of something like the Black Ajah before bickering amongst ourselves, just to mention it makes me suspicious of you for trying to ignite fires where there might not be any.

Touchy, something you want to share?

I'm only in day 2 of my first ever mafia game(this is second) so not really experienced, i should have really only mentioned what i thought to my Ajah.

It is a really tough one we're in right now, indeed. For one thing, we don't have a clue on what the 8th group would be like. Dragon did mention that each Ajah would have three members though, so that leaves 3 extra's to either form a group outside the 7 Ajahs or to operate on their own. That could mean just about anything, from Black Ajah to Amyrlin/Keeper/MoN.

The first day is always a headache, and this one much more so as we have literally nothing to go on. Not even a crime to start off on.

There is no mafia team in this game. Everyone is bunched in teams of two, with a solo winner. Abilities can be purchased in the way of ter’angreal. They are as following.

I refer you to the above Myst.

Reckon we could well have more than 8 here... maybe both an A/K/MoN and a Black?

Regardless i reckon most people are about and we should begin to get down to business... we don't have that much to go on, but as i doubt anyone is going to come out and confess we should move on...

Verb did have a point when he said that we should try to get rid of the Black Ajah first.  Yet, I find it odd that he would say this, but say that he is suspicious of Pale for mentioning the cult.

Huh?  I'm suspicious of Pale for is post, which states the Black Ajah is likely a cult and needs to be taken out.  While I said I agree that something like that should be taken out, I certainly wouldn't be pointing to a fire without some smoke first....know what I mean?  I took his post as trying to cause commotion, which is a great tactic for a relatively new player to use.  That's all I'm saying.

Touchy, something you want to share?

Hey, with me standing here without any clothing, please don't mention the word "touchy", ok?  ;D

But no, I'm merely questioning your motives, that's all.  Touchy would imply I'm being defensive, which I'm not.  I'm not!!  You got that?!  Eh?!  You need a beatin'?!  Don't make me come down there!  >:(

• Club Leader

I don't have much to add in the form of guilty ones or whatever, since we don't even know what we're supposed to be looking for yet. But I would advise to not jump to conclusions because people are not able to post every 3 minutes of the day. Some do have jobs, school and other commitments that they can't just put on hold for the duration of this game, so please keep that in mind while contemplating lynches.

I hope everyone sees that this is exactly the point I was making. I just did it with a bit of humor. I don't think anyone would seriously propose that for a reason to lynch someone. I hope not, anyway.

This is really hard. There's nobody to really be suspicious of, because there's been nothing wrong done yet, has there? Or did I miss something?

Archived