DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Things You've Been Waiting For

Luckers

Things I'd love to see...

1. Moiraine meeting people at FoM, or maybe even in the Caemlyn battle if people come back.

2. See what Mega Plan's Demandred has came up with.

3. See where Graendal has moved to.

4. Tuon being confronted by Mat, Rand and Egwene(and possibly Moiraine) before a 2nd Tower attack.

5. Question. Did Setalle stay with Mat in ToM? I'd like for her to meet Nyn or Flinn :tongue:.

• Replies 258
  • Created
  • Last Reply

5. Question. Did Setalle stay with Mat in ToM? I'd like for her to meet Nyn or Flinn :tongue:.

Mat asked her to stay to watch Olver while he and Thom and Noal went to ToG... when they returned he was going to have someone get her a gateway to join her husband IIRC.

Mat asked her to stay to watch Olver while he and Thom and Noal went to ToG... when they returned he was going to have someone get her a gateway to join her husband IIRC.

I hope Caemlyn battle changes that. I'd like to see more of her :laugh:

• 2 weeks later...

1# the 3 heroes reuniting. can't wait for Mat, Rand, Perrin get together.

2# Morraine and Rand

3# seeing the Ogier from both sides meeting.

4# Avi finally in a battle

5# Tuon channeling

6# Egwene knocked down a few pegs. she is to uppity for her own good.

1/ More Moridin, a battle of thoughts between Rand Therin Al'Telamon and him on the metaphysical level. Moridin is awesome, he is the true lord of the dark to me, and far superior to anyone else since he is the only one to have no greed, only pure will.

2/ Fain, the wild card, the most enigmatic character (and mostly because we do not see him), with his strange powers. How is he going to end in Shayol Ghul, and what can his powers do in there? Channeling means instant death, but Fain does not channel...

3/ Slayer, what's behind the man and how is he gonna die.

4/ Aes Sedai and Asha'man being equals and weaving together.

5/ The Dark Hounds horde, where is it, where is it going, what will it do?

6/ Men who can channel from the Sea folks and Seanchan at least, they are such a powerful base, what can they bring?

And of course, and so on and on...

1. A Rand POV explaining WHY he has ignored the Dark Tower after practically being bludgeoned over the head with hints "The M'Hael will kill us if. . . .(we are late for dinner?)" and outright statements (from Logain) that leaving Taim in charge there is handing possibly his most effective weapon over to someone who, at best, is extremely suspect.

2. A Graendal POV explaining the how/why/where of Asmodean. Then she can bite the dust, she was always my least favourite forsaken.

3. Galad's letter from Verin, is it the "The Dragon Reborn is your bro"?

4. Uno!

5. Will the Seanchan rule all in the end?

Just a few of the top of my head.

Surprised this hasn't been mentioned yet (if it has, then I'm just stupid lol) but I am desperately hoping that Loial's speech at the Great Stump is included in the prologue or one of the earlier chapters. I will be really disappointed if this is omitted.

A Rand POV explaining WHY he has ignored the Dark Tower after practically being bludgeoned over the head with hints "The M'Hael will kill us if. . . .(we are late for dinner?)" and outright statements (from Logain) that leaving Taim in charge there is handing possibly his most effective weapon over to someone who, at best, is extremely suspect.

I'm guessing that Rand and/or Logain have something planned for the Black Tower. Androl and a few of the rebels there also seem to be getting ready to stage a revolt so I'm sure there's more going on that we aren't sure about yet. Sanderson has said that BT isn't quite caught up yet in timeline.

I am somehow hoping to see a bad ending - the DO winning in the end.

The future Avi saw in Rhuidan? That is only the future the pattern wanted to have, but the DO winning means he breaks the pattern, and no such future happening.

Rand meeting Morraine

Rand forced to kill a woman

Fields of Meriol - so much potential for awesome things to happen

The Black Tower rend in fire

Logains great future

Gawyns foreshadowed betrayal

• 2 weeks later...

I really want to see the great stump, it's a reason why I believe the book has to go back in time a few days or weeks because as I see it at the epilogue we are about 12 hours away form the beginning of the Last Battle

Ok, Field of Merrilor.

Mat seeks out Siuan and Bryne nearly takes him out for the disrespect he's showing. He wants his horn, so he get's Siuan to take him to Tar Valon, which it, of course, being invaded by the Seanchan. He bumps into Leillwyn Shipless and they both say "You!". Then he once again kidnaps Fortuona and takes her to the field of Merrilor.

When he get's back he's rude to Egwene and Gawyn get's all red-faced, so Mat offers to drub him and his brother in a rematch. "Oh come on! I've only got one eye. Surely your 10000 marks is a safe bet?"

Rand tells Galad that he's his brother.

Cadsuane and Morraine have a show-down.

Aviendha shows up and all four of them get married on the spot while Tam and Abel's jaws hit the ground.

Loial brings the Ogiers. They all side with Rand while staring down the Aes Sedai and holding their axes tight.

And later:

Raen goes Rhuideen then he and Rhurac and Loial sing a wittle song.

This! Although I'd be ok if the song was mentioned in the epilogue

I STILL want to see the last line of the last book as Rand drifting off to death and hearing a whispered "I have won again Lews Therin...."

While a bad ending would really be awesome for the Wheel of Time, I doubt we will see it.

However I do believe we will see that line, Moridin somehow thinking he won, and then IT happens. Of course I don't know what IT is. And then the book goes on.

Sorry to wake up a dormant thread. Most of the things I have been looking forward to have been hit, but I don't think anyone has mention the meeting between Rand and Galad. Rand has clearly figured out that they are brothers (at least half-brothers) but it will news to Galad. Elayne's reaction should be interesting, too.

Moridin and Rand both lying dead and profusely bleeding on Shayol Ghul after the forces of light successfully locked the DO back into his cage for another epoch. As both men are slowly reaching their demise Moridin grabs Rands arm and the two men share a penetrating look into eachothers eyes when Moridin whispers: "See you in the next life Lews Therin. See you in the next life..."

Seeing the fundamental nature and state of being that is the DO I find the notion that he could be destroyed without upsetting the balance of reality itself is absurd.

• 2 weeks later...
Seeing the fundamental nature and state of being that is the DO I find the notion that he could be destroyed without upsetting the balance of reality itself is absurd.

The Dark One is not a part of the Pattern though, he exists outside of it. His destruction wouldn't really cause that much of a stir. But I suppose one could argue that because the Wheel is pretty much built around defending against him it would..

Either way I don't see it happening either.

Moiraine meeting up with everyone again and their reaction to her return. Especially Cadsuane, Nynaeve, Egwene, Rand, Amys, Aviendha and Min. This ought to be epic each time.

Cadsuane bonding Tam to save his life in the battle of Caemlyn. He's strong enough to stand by her as her equal and not be intimidated by her like most others would be (men and women alike).

Tinkers and Aiel re-introduction with the Tinkers being informed of their mutual past. Aiel fallen to the Bleakness joining the Tinkers afterwards, who agree to nurture their broken psychological state (a minor thing in the events of the day, but a major one in the thought pattern of any Tinker).

Mat and Tuon meeting again. First in battle, where he will 'shoot the ravens from the skies' and save the White Tower. Later introducing her to Rand and Tuon recognising the change in the DR from the last time they met. I still don't think he will kneel to her. I believe he'll 'kneel' to the chair known as the Crystal Throne. Wishfull thinking, perhaps, but im clinging to it. lol I don't wànt him to kneel to her, damnit. It would be super lame for him to do so when he's now set to be so high above everyone else.

Loial and the Ogiers arriving and confront the Ogier Deathwatch Guards, shaming them with their warring ways and reminding them of their origins. With Ogier's mum boxing the lead Ogier deathwatch's ears for being an uberbrat. lol :tongue:

Verin's letters revealed and her plots coming to fruitition

Arthur Hawkwing being called by Mat and putting Tuon in her place about the slavery issue.

At least one of the Forsaken doing something that earns them the reputation they've been thriving on since book 1. They've all been falling a bit too easily for supposedly 'most powerful Aes Sedai of the Age of Legends'.

The one thing I'm really looking forward to is the grand reunion of the three ta'veren in an as public place as possible. I would love those three to be seen joking around with each other while everyone else is dead serious. Each joking about the injuries and torment the others have suffered. Mat losing his eye, Rand losing his hand, Perrin marrying Faile. And there are so many juicy revelations possible. Mat getting the Horn back in front of Tuon and being revealed as the empress consort in front of Egwene and Elayne. Also him being made supreme commander of the forces of the Light. Rand meeting Moiraine and his demands of the nations. Him telling Galad that they are half brothers.

Loial and the Ogiers arriving and confront the Ogier Deathwatch Guards, shaming them with their warring ways and reminding them of their origins. With Ogier's mum boxing the lead Ogier deathwatch's ears for being an uberbrat. lol :tongue:

About that, in the AoL the Ogier were far more involved with human society than they are in Randland. There are indications that the Ogier worked among other things as peacekeepers. There is in particular that scene of Rand in Rhuidean where one of the Da'shain is hit by one of the regular townsfolk and his wife admonishes him to stop or the Ogier would come for him. So the Gardeners may not be all that different from some of the Ogier in the AoL.

- Mat, Rand and Perrin's reunion.

- The three of them having a drink together, possibly before the Fields of Merrilor talks kick off in earnest, possibly afterwards, but I want to see those three, alone, sharing their stories. Not to mention finding out that Mat accidentally married the Seanchan Empress XD

- As many have said, the Forsaken finally doing something to earn their reputation properly.

- Moiraine's return, and characters reactions to it. I don't know that its going to be all tears and parties- bear in mind that a lot of the main characters didn't get along with Moiraine all that well while she was alive- but it should be interesting to see. Especially Rand (though he's stopped "the list", I suspect he feels guilty for failing to try battling Lanfear, and in a way, causing her death), Egwene and Nynaeve, though I imagine there'll be less hostility there. I mean, Nyn's aim to use her powers against Moiraine had changed to a wish to heal long before Moiraine "died", and Lan's bond has now passed to Nynaeve, and Moiraine has a new Warder, or presumably will by the time they meet, so there's no need for either to be jealous of the other one's sway over their lover/ Warder. Lan and Moiraine's reunion will probably be a nice moment, too.

- Nynaeve vs. Moghedien

- Cadsuane meeting Egwene. They're either going to hate each other or get on very well, I'm curious to know which, though I suspect it might be the former.

- Nynaeve finally standing up to Egwene, because the gods know, its long overdue. Much as I'd like to see her punch her in the face, I would, overall, prefer to see something a little more realistic and disagree with her at the Fields of Merrilor- after all, she sees the merits of Rand's plan, and I'd say she probably knows him better than any of the other Aes Sedai at this stage, with the possible exception of Elayne, due to the warder bond. If Egwene and the AS try to stop Rand from breaking the seals, and musing on replacing rulers who don't agree with them, I really, really want it to be Nynaeve who says "To hell with this".

- Someone finally getting it through the thick skulls of most of the Aes Sedai that "Servant of all" does NOT translate to "Must be powerful, never questioned, and seen as better than the people they supposedly serve." I think this is unlikely to happen within the scope of the book, because lets be honest, which amongst the Aes Sedai is really going to want to become servants of the people, when currently they're seen pretty as the equal of queens, or feared. But a start to it would be nice. And for the Asha'man to do the same, though of course, they will need to take care of their own issues first...

- In the unlikely event that Egwene dies, or somehow ceases to be the Amyrlin Seat, I would like to see a Red become Amyrlin who doesn't make a mess of it. They're the biggest Ajah in the Tower. There have been more and more sensible, competent Reds introduced as the series goes on, and all we're told is "There have been hardly any Red Amyrlins, and they've all sucked." Would like to see that changed- possibly one of the women who has been to the Black Tower. I admit, however, they'd first need to redefine their role quite substantially.

- Kind of following on from the next point, I want to see Teslyn getting to do something awesome in AMoL. Because I like her :P

The wind lay down in the Mountains of Mist. The wind was not the end. There are neither beginnings nor endings to the turning of the Wheel of Time. But it was an end.

Almost everything with:

Moiraine, Siuan, or Mat. Oh, and the return of Loial.

Archived