DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Things You've Been Waiting For

Luckers

• Replies 258
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Fains POV in TOM makes it very unlikely, but I would still love to see him and Slayer have a go at it, both pulling out their entire arsenals of dirty tricks.

Rands reaction when he learns that Mat 'accidently' married the Seanchan empress.

Logain beating the crap out of Taim. (Followed by a chapter where we get to see a very not-beaten Moridin).

Another smart trolloc, since we all dearly miss Narg.

Someone figuring out that smoking leaves from Avendesora has...unexpected effects.

The tinkers rediscover the Song. Turns out it is All Along The Watchtower.

Mat and Tuon having a heated discussion about damane. Eventually, Mat snaps and blows the Horn. Having heard about the argument, Hawkwing puts Tuon over his knees, and spanks the little brat until she sees the errors of her ways.

Each one of these had me laughing harder than the one I had just finished reading! Great stuff.

For me, I've been waiting for Cadsuane to have an epic moment all to herself, most likely in some self-sacrificing way.

Wulfgar Perrin slings Aegis Fang Mah'allenir across the battlefield and discovers that when he wills it, it pops right back into his hand

Mat sees a steamwagon and thinks of how much fun it would be to have a dragon mounted on one

Darkfriend Aiel (not the red-veiled kind) revealed

Ilyena shows up for no apparant reason, and after Lanfear turns back to the light for LTT, Rand's personal life suddenly gets even more confusing... So he leaves them all for Else Shagwell Grinwell

Elaida getting a slim chance for revenge against Egwene, and having that slim chance taken away by Logain, who then bonds Elaida with a smooch. Elaida wonders if you can even have pillowfriends when you sleep on a straw mat with no pillow.

Rand riding a Draghkar, then asking for permission to buzz the White Tower. He has a need. A need, for speed.

I'd love to see Aviendha run through the remaining of the ter'angreal in Caemlyn and IN the tower. I know it wouldn't happen, however, as it would actually make sense... The plotline with Aviendha being able to read ter'angreal but never managing to is very annoying and unbelieveable.

Or Rand tell Cadsuane (and Nynaeve) what their ter'angreal do.

Rand and Aviendha could ID all of the ter'angreal among them, I suppose.

I'd love to see Aviendha run through the remaining of the ter'angreal in Caemlyn and IN the tower. I know it wouldn't happen, however, as it would actually make sense... The plotline with Aviendha being able to read ter'angreal but never managing to is very annoying and unbelieveable.

Rand wouldn't know what their ter'angreal do. They were made in the breaking and include things that AOL channelers had never heard of.

I'd like to see Mat and Tuon have a romantic night together and Tuon stop being a brat afterwards.

I mean, look what happened with Nynaeve's character after finally meeting up and marrying Lan. After a few weeks of being moon-eyed and a bully, she actually turns out to be pretty cool :)

Luckers - If Rand remembers all his lives, might he not know more about ter'angreal than we suppose?

Speaking of which - wow, the similarities between Rand and Mat's memories just struck me.

Rand wouldn't know what their ter'angreal do. They were made in the breaking and include things that AOL channelers had never heard of.

Well he would certainly know more than the current AS do. There might be things left over. Like a Dreamspike, for example.

What I really want is for everyone else to see the real Rand in action. The Dragon Reborn. For most of these people, that was just a title. They didn't really understand what it means to be the Dragon. I want all of Rand Land to see Rand break open the Storm Of Light mojo that he used in Saldea. For them to truly understand what Rand can do. Once they see this, his plan to break the seals won't be dismissed. They will come to see him for what he is.

This has the added benefit of setting Rand up as a living God. He would be (presumably) the only AOL Aes Sedai alive, and he was the best of the best back then anyway. How he deals with that aftermath will be huge. Right now, a bunch of people think he is a chosen leader. Some think he is a earnest leader. But they don't really know what he can really do.

Plus, my highlight is going to be when Rand, Mat, and Perrin get together and revert to the immature boys they should be. Bascially, three of the most powerful, competant, lethal guys on the planet standing arround telling innapropriate jokes and upsetting the womenfolk. They see each other as normal bros, but the rest of the world has this different view.

Plus, I want some allusion to Rand's happily ever after.

ps. I have to think that marriage might be great. Aviendha seems open sexually, and Min has always been sort of naughtaayyyyy. I can't get the image of the DR pitching threeway, or even the fourgy. Elayne seems like the good girl in public, but a freak in private. I am sorry for that, but it won't leave my brain hole.

Yeah that scene of Perrin and then Mat comes with the badger. I mean the greatest of great captains catching a badger, hilarious.

Meh. It was a wink at the reader, of which there were a few too many for my taste. It breaks the fouth wall and brings you out of the novel.

Yeah that scene of Perrin and then Mat comes with the badger. I mean the greatest of great captains catching a badger, hilarious.

Meh. It was a wink at the reader, of which there were a few too many for my taste. It breaks the fouth wall and brings you out of the novel.

Totally agreed, the scene really felt forced. To me BS has really struggled with Mat's "humor" and personality in addition to the issue you raise above.

Totally agreed, the scene really felt forced. To me BS has really struggled with Mat's "humor" and personality in addition to the issue you raise above.

I completely disagree.

I felt it totally fit with Mat. And, in fact, Mat has been forced to be responsible in alot of cases. he misses his pranks and some of the simple things in life.

So showing up and hitting Perrin with a rock, then handing him a badger, bcause he heard Perrin was around and wanted to catch up with him....

That's more of the real Mat than we had seen for a long time.

Hi all - just chiming in on a quiet Monday night. Kind of see Lucker's point on this one, it felt a little forced - but can also see it as being an in-character forced-effort as well. Matt trying a little too hard to still prove he's a prankster at heart. Doesn't quite work as it should when I have to talk myself into it though. Not a big complaint in any way, and not the only occurrence in the books.

Things I would like to see, in no particular order:

- WT earning some redemption in helping to save the Malkieri with Asha'man assistance (Logain?)

- Nyn/Lan reunion, both alive to enjoy back-scratching again

- Ogier meeting Gardener (as mentioned above) - a Gardener entering a stedding for the first time

- Stone Talisman of Growing used to open a new/direct path through the Ways to SG, thereby avoiding the need to Travel there or the possibility of encountering hordes of Shadowspawn/getting lost along the old/decayed Ways just to get close

- Logain's Glory to Come is earned through his martyrdom while taking out Demandred who figures out Rand Therin is already at SG and tries to intercede only to be foiled before even taking a swing at Rand THerin, again...that must suck Demo, haahaa

- When the Seanchan attack the WT, Suffa is getting pwned by Silviana/Siuan/Saerin, but Egwene arrives and saves Suffa's life, but Fain-infected Suffa still tries to kill Egwene, but Shemerin pulls out some forgotten, healing-related, wastes-your-keister in a heartbeat weave similar to Chesmal's ter' and finishes the great beeeotch Suffa once and for all (I know, not bloody likely but a guy can dream)

- Cads getting a little dreamy-eyed, Warder-reminiscent around Tam; Tam asking her to dance at the post-TG month long campout and music festival (everybody bring a drum)

- Getting clued in as to what Egwene has been up to in the WT to prepare for TG so all of the haters here can cool out for a bit - not that that would last long regardless

- Finding out if Halima'gar succeeded at anything beside dominating a Sitter; hopefully getting confirmation on my guess that she ordered the Slayer attempt on Rand/Min in Far Madding

- Confirmation that Shadar Hardoan put paid to Graendal and she is no more

- Confirmation on the identity of the red-veiled Aiel

- Fain playing a less-important role than he thinks he will and getting smashed by Perrin .... in T'a'R

- Not a lot of Cauthon, except Bodewhin; confirmation on my earlier guess that the treasure-trove and blackberry bush will prove tres importante

- Explanation on Jolene; fulfillment for Leilwin at the WT, she atones for failing Elayne/Nyn and then claims a name of her own choosing with her sense of honor/pride returned

- Explanation on why the AS were visiting Masema's camp, if not Masema himself

- Confirmation that the Seanchan prophecies are wrong and Rand Therin will not, in any way, kneel to the Crystal Throne, but will, in fact, bind the Nine Moons to serve him - be that one person in herself, ForTuona, or the entire court - this is one of those things that seemed really clear to me and still does, so probably will be wrong

- Something to get the Sea Folk worthy of some esteem - other than Shalon, they pretty much suck, though interesting

- Dobraine getting to kick-back and chill, with a nice fat estate-boost from Elayne/Rand = dude has earned it

- Tenobia busting-balls on Davram and asks what she would have done different and that's done with ... til' she dies

- Ethenielle lives to marry Kalyan and enjoy her newlywed period - very abstract reference all that's needed there

- Beslan turns out to be a boon for both wot-Lands and the Seanchan, and also reveals that he in fact is gay and merely overcompensated with his womanizing/fighting to hide his true self, and although attracted to Mat at first has since realized his need for a more fatherly companion and slowly turns to Galgan ....

- if that made you uncomfortable, you should spend more time becoming comfortable with your true sexual nature

- Murandy's uprising proves itself Dark-influenced, and the footprints of invisible Shadowspawn proves not false

- Aviendha physically carries Rand's dead body far enough away from SG to be able to channel

- All the important threads of his life cooperate to pull Rand Therin together again and Nyn leads the effort

some other emotionally impactful stuff, some cool stuff, some unexpected stuff, some corny stuff, some awkward stuff, some frustrating stuff, some imperfect stuff, all good stuff .....

- if that made you uncomfortable, you should spend more time becoming comfortable with your true sexual nature

I lol'd. Hard.

some other emotionally impactful stuff, some cool stuff, some unexpected stuff, some corny stuff, some awkward stuff, some frustrating stuff, some imperfect stuff, all good stuff .....

Don't forget the 'totally expected' stuff. :happy:

I completely disagree.

The thing is BS realized so many people thought Mat was off in TGS(think he admitted he missed the mark a bit as well) that he felt compelled to make a statement to the effect that the changes are chalked up to Mat being married and more mature. Then we have a scene like this which is the exact opposite and as Luckers said a total "wink at the reader". Authors shouldnt resort to that type of thing too often and it is jarring when they do.

I completely disagree.

The thing is BS realized so many people thought Mat was off in TGS(think he admitted he missed the mark a bit as well) that he felt compelled to make a statement to the effect that the changes are chalked up to Mat being married and more mature. Then we have a scene like that which is the exact opposite and as Luckers said a total "wink at the reader". Authors shouldnt resort to that type of thing too often and it is jarring when they do.

And there are others... Rand and Nynaeve's discussion about Rand's right to a heron mark sword, 'Rand Sedai', Elaida's damane name being a homophone for 'suffer'...

I lol'd. Hard.

happy to hear that, hooray dopamine

Don't forget the 'totally expected' stuff. :happy:

Ha - seems like when I reach "totally expected" on something, I read a post that makes me think again. Which is good, keeping the brain fit through the exercise and all.

If the BT survives the upcoming turmoil then I'd like to see it live on as a different ehh career path to the WT or silly seafolk windfinding or silly kin nonsense. The choices for the young channeller in a clean taint free world with no DO, no waiting for the next last battle etc are very limited.

Currently for men its the BT but for women they can go join any number of exclusive member only clubs.

On that note I'd like to see a male novice, a female 'soldier' and ...well I was going to say id like to see a male wind finder I couldn't really give a crap. A male wise one would be interesting.

All the channeling groups at the minute are glorified self righteous pompous womens circles. Bickering and power struggles the work of days and bitching about each other in the dorm rooms the most popular evening activities.

Meanwhile the BT is a narrow minded militaristic community which appears to break people then put them back together again after. I'd like to see a bit of humanity introduced there by the only people capable of doing that - some skirt smoothers.

I think the Wise Ones are the most likely to be able to adjust to the cleansing of the Taint by freely including men into their infrastructure, but the whole business of the Dragon Blooded suggests its not likely.

Still, it would have been cool to see an adjustment in Aiel culture. Male Wise Ones, and perhaps female chiefs to balance things.

Archived