DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Things You've Been Waiting For

Luckers

For me, I would like to see the Wise One damane--or even if its just a reference, like '"I do everything I can think of, use the a'dam so far its almost an abuse..." the sul'dam's face was a mixture of shock and horror. "And they laugh at me! They laugh!"'

The Talaan plot line will probably never be finished

I just posted something about this over on the General Wheel of Time boards. Check it out, and see what you think. :)

• Replies 258
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Lioal addressing the Great stump is a MUST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Uno

almen

I really want to see Bashere meet Ten obia at the fields of merrilor IN DETAIL!

tuon meeting rand with mat at his side

Tuon being introd to abell natti and bode also mat meeting up with his "im gonna be an AS" sister

the song

RL ogier meet seanchan ogier and an explanation of how the longing is held off

olver sneaking to the battle kicvking butt and proving he is gaidal

and just for kicks cause i dont believe it talmanes is revealed as Demandred and i agree demandred had better be HUUUUGGGEEE in this one

camelyn

5. Rand surviving and dying of old age surrounded by grandchildren.

4. Some of the minor characters having a heroic death at TG and then finding themselves as new Heroes of the Horn.

3. Rand bowing before the Crystal Throne because he is being introduced to Mat's wife, not the Seanchan Empress.

2. Aviendha's vision not coming true.

1. Maybe a bit of fanfic here, but I am dying to see this:

Lan judged the remaining land carefully. Compared with the height of the sun, it would be about two day's march to meet an army of one-hundred thousand trollocs. His men, the last of the Malkieri, outnumbered five to one, would likely meet their end soon...at least, they could have one last meal, one last night to reminisce, one last night to share with their countrymen without a country. The trollocs might not stop. If they marched all night, they would meet early tomorrow morning, if not, tomorrow afternoon, but at least they would have tonight. Lan sighed, and tried to mask his sadness from the bond he shared with Nynaeve. He could feel her there, warmth, and passion, and pride, in the back of his head. He tried to stroke it, to stroke her.

Suddenly, a gateway formed in front of the camp. Men in black streamed through, forming neat ranks. Twenty Asha'man would help...fifty would make a battle of it...but they kept coming. After twenty minutes, Lan was staring at over five-hundred Asha'man, over half with the Dragon pin. The last man through before the gateway closed was short, but well-built, with thinning hair. He walked up to Lan, and said, "Do you remember me, Warder?"

Lan thought for a moment, and nodded. "Why are you here, Logain?"

Logain raised his arm, pulling a long string of knotted leather out of his belt pouch, then tied the hadori around his forehead. "Tai'shar Malkieri," he said, then with a wink, "On my mother's side."

Startled awake in her sleeping tent on the Fields of Merrilor, Nyneve felt a surge of emotion through the bond. At first, she thought she was too late, and perhaps Lan was dead. Suddenly, her eyes widened...it wasn't Lan's death she was feeling...it was his hope.

5. No chance.

4. Yes please!

3. Love it..

2. Yes please!

1. YES PLEASE!!!!

• 2 weeks later...

How will the Ogier help, besides sending forces to bolster the numbers of the Light? I want to see them Sing up some major defenses, perhaps having rediscovered how to create Nym, but they will be battle Nym BD

The Ogier should have had their fair share of Lost Talents rediscovered, IMO

1. Setalle Anan being healed. The woman studied TaG's for 40 years, I think she will be able to explain what most of the ones Elaine has with her actually do. Remember she's with Mat and he's on his way there.

2. Olver being revealed as Gaidal. I know RJ said he wasn't Gaidal, but i think that was just another one of his slight of hand tricks. In this spinning of his life he's not "Gaidal" he's Olver. :)

3. Mat and his dragons in action.

4. Along with everyone else, where is Demandred?

I believe this theory on Theoryland is the right one. Then Ogier will have a mayor part in defeating the DO.

I agree with the major arguments in the theory, but the evidence that the ogier and tuanthuan would be involved is very weak:

1. It comes mainly from book 1 with a little bit from book 4, where we know that the rules of the universe were still mallable.

2. We know so little about seed-singing that saying that it can re-weave the pattern directly is a huge leap. Also, seed-singing has not been confirmed to be the same thing as tree-singing, therefore observations about one cannot be unilaterally applied to the other.

3. Current tuanthuan do not know the song, and it seems from Rand's flashback, not everybody can sing it. You need to be chosen.

I like the "pattern as a cloth sack" analogy, and it fits with the Big 3's ta'veren-ness, but I think there's going to be something else involved. Maybe that lump of Light in Rand's brain is pure Pattern goo that he can use like tar on a boat to patch the Bore.

I believe this theory on Theoryland is the right one. Then Ogier will have a mayor part in defeating the DO.

I agree with the major arguments in the theory, but the evidence that the ogier and tuanthuan would be involved is very weak:

1. It comes mainly from book 1 with a little bit from book 4, where we know that the rules of the universe were still mallable.

2. We know so little about seed-singing that saying that it can re-weave the pattern directly is a huge leap. Also, seed-singing has not been confirmed to be the same thing as tree-singing, therefore observations about one cannot be unilaterally applied to the other.

3. Current tuanthuan do not know the song, and it seems from Rand's flashback, not everybody can sing it. You need to be chosen.

I like the "pattern as a cloth sack" analogy, and it fits with the Big 3's ta'veren-ness, but I think there's going to be something else involved. Maybe that lump of Light in Rand's brain is pure Pattern goo that he can use like tar on a boat to patch the Bore.

I like the theory, excpet that the entire thing is built around the first assumption, for which there is no unequivocal evidence: "1. We know that the Pattern itself is the Dark One's prison." There are some pretty stong hints that this is the case, theories which explian why this is so, and yet it is not known for a fact.

Logain raised his arm, pulling a long string of knotted leather out of his belt pouch, then tied the hadori around his forehead. "Tai'shar Malkieri," he said, then with a wink, "On my mother's side."

Yes. YES.

The return of: [...]

Yeah I really dislike how some of the 'main supporting characters' have dropped off the radar (though I understand why it was done).

1. Moiraine and Siuan reunion.

Moiraine - "And what have you been up to?"

Siuan - "I have taken one of Morgases former lover to be my warder and husband. And you?"

Moiraine - "Oh, what a coinsidence. Me to..."

Hilarious!

Fortuona: Why have you failed to train these damane?

Random sul'dam: Highest One, I have tried everything...

Fortuona: And?

Random sul'dam: They laugh at me, Highest One. They laugh!

Epic!

When Teslyn, Joline and Edesina leave for Tar Valon, Seta goes with them. Mat asks her to find a way to fix the problem with sul'dam being able to channel without it causing the empire to collapse. She seems to take heart from this (ToM, Ch. 17).

I want to see what happens when Egwene bumps into Seta in the tower or on the Fields.

That's one theory I feel fully comfortable with above all others, to be honest. It makes perfect sense to me on all accounts.

The arguments that treesinging and seed singing has had a small and only occasional appearance in the books doesn't stop the fact that they were introduced at various places. And Jordan never introduced something, repeatedly, without good cause. Excepting, perhaps, the Shara, but of those so little has been said even when they were referred to, that it's not on the same level as treesinging, the way of the leaf or the Aiel dedication to Ji'e'toh.

Really like this theory. For me, it fits perfectly.

• 2 weeks later...

Well I personally would buy the book just to see the Dark One name everyone's favourite trolloc, Narg, Nae'blis. That and Mat going to the WT to retrieve the HoV, then meeting tuon there in the middle of the seanchan invasion. With Egwene and the two former sul'dam watching. Yeah, but mainly I wanna see more of Narg.

Well I personally would buy the book just to see the Dark One name everyone's favourite trolloc, Narg, Nae'blis. That and Mat going to the WT to retrieve the HoV, then meeting tuon there in the middle of the seanchan invasion. With Egwene and the two former sul'dam watching. Yeah, but mainly I wanna see more of Narg.

Narg, Nae'blis= excellent :biggrin:

I'd have thought "The Way I Am" by Eminem would be more their speed

Nah, Killing in the Name Of by Rage Against The Machine

Theres only one thing i really want to see and that is Hopper coming back as a Hero of The Horn

Ssshhh! Narg tell you secret. When that al'Thor human stabbed Narg and all Narg's blood came out, Great Lord grabbed soul of Narg and gave it new body. Narg now Shaidar Haran. Good fun!

I'd have thought "The Way I Am" by Eminem would be more their speed

Nah, Killing in the Name Of by Rage Against The Machine

Theres only one thing i really want to see and that is Hopper coming back as a Hero of The Horn

You're both wrong. It's going to be "Imagine" by John Lennon.

I want to see Daved Hanlon get viciously rewarded - i.e. dismemberment in a slow manner, spending time in a vacuole with non-stop torment, getting put on another plane with a pack of grolm in heat, etc.

Aside from that, I want to see one of the major characters get killed and then get spun out as a new hero of the horn during the next sounding. I want to cry when they die, and then tear up again when you find out that they are alive forever due to their heroism. For some reason, I see Lan and Nynaeve going down this road - though to my knowledge, there haven't been any channeler Heroes.

Here's my example: Lan dies at Tarwin's Gap. Nynaeve dies trying to save him. Rand & Co. weep.

A few hundred pages later, the Horn is sounded by Mat. Nynaeve comes down and says, "Watch your language Mat - I've been watching your dreams, will you ever grow up?"

Does anyone know what happend to Talaan, the very strong windfinder child from way back when? (Sorry if the spelling is off, but I listen to most of these on audio.) I think she's going to show up in the Last Battle.

Archived