DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Things You've Been Waiting For

Luckers

Rand met the Tinkers at the end of TGS - he stayed with them outside Ebou Dar before he tried to destroy the city and before the VoG epiphany. Or do you mean Rand Sedai meeting the Tinkers?

I'm looking forward to a Rand/Moiraine reunion. And just more Moiraine, really.

Oh, didn't remember that scene but, yes, I mean the not so crazy, has all of LTT's memories Rand.

• Replies 258
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Haha, damn. It's funny, because I'm sure there were times (after TGH) where she had serious qualms about using the Power to kill, as if she hadn't yet. It shoulda been a bigger deal, at least, for her to kill in ToM--at least big enough a deal for me to remember that it happened! Ah well.

I don't recall Nynaeve expressing qualms about killing. She is largely a healer, and opposed to violence, but she's never said she wouldn't do it if she had to.

1) After Rand's introduction of Min to Tam in TOM, I'm looking forward to the "Dad, this is Aviendha... She's really special to me too..." followed by the introduction of the obviously pregnant Elayne, who is also clearly special to him.

2) Also looking forward to Moiraine's reunion with just nearly everyone (especially Rand).

3) Can't wait to see what happens when Mat and Tuon meet up again. As "tempestuous" (*snerk*) as it's likely to be, the way Mat is written it'll also likely crack me up.

4) I'm a sucker for happy endings, so I'm rooting for Lan and Nynaeve to make it through to the end and rebuild Malkier.

I am eagerly awaiting the Fields of Merrilor showdown. I mean come on, pretty much every major WoT player in one place at once, some who haven't seen each other in years? Sides taken and armies marshalled? Egwene/Elayne/WT/others vs. Rand/Perrin and their supporters? That's the setup for a pretty epic shindig. I always love scenes in which main characters interact because it allows you to see these characters from a different perspective.

The burning of Caemlyn is also going to be pretty interesting. And the Black Tower.

I'd like to see the three most powerful people in the world meet (Rand, Egwene, Tuon) from Mat's PoV. I can imagine him wanting to avoid being involved in this confrontation at all costs (Light, what a mess!), but then stepping in when everything is about to fall apart to reconcile the inevitable disagreements.

I don't know if it would be feasible, but a last battle chapter in the style of 'With the Choedan Kal' with many different PoV's tied together. It might be nearly impossible not to do it that way for all I know, but I know I want one of epic proportion.

I am somewhat curious about why Amathera and Juilin Sandar went to Tar Valon with the other Aes Sedai. I'd love to see their group meet with Egwene. Incredulous Aes Sedai, Seanchan people including two former Sul'dam (especially Seta), mixed with Juilin and members of Mat's Band of the Red Hand make for an interesting confrontation. I sincerely hope it's not glossed over.

Adrin's gateway abilities defeating a dreamspike.

Anything involving the Horn of Valere.

Making fun of the cover art.

Ok, Field of Merrilor.

Mat seeks out Siuan and Bryne nearly takes him out for the disrespect he's showing. He wants his horn, so he get's Siuan to take him to Tar Valon, which it, of course, being invaded by the Seanchan. He bumps into Leillwyn Shipless and they both say "You!". Then he once again kidnaps Fortuona and takes her to the field of Merrilor.

When he get's back he's rude to Egwene and Gawyn get's all red-faced, so Mat offers to drub him and his brother in a rematch. "Oh come on! I've only got one eye. Surely your 10000 marks is a safe bet?"

Rand tells Galad that he's his brother.

Cadsuane and Morraine have a show-down.

Aviendha shows up and all four of them get married on the spot while Tam and Abel's jaws hit the ground.

Loial brings the Ogiers. They all side with Rand while staring down the Aes Sedai and holding their axes tight.

And later:

Raen goes Rhuideen then he and Rhurac and Loial sing a wittle song.

I can't believe I left Laras off of my original list and then forgot her yet again when I mentioned Nestelle din Sakura.

Of all of the reappearances, hers might be the most enjoyable, if she got some screen time with Egwene. It seems she is the keeper of one of Verin's secrets - which secret has been debated time and again. I'll only say she's likely to have something. I look forward to finding out just what.

I'm looking forward to any of Sneaky Verin's doings come into play. I just want Verin to be added to the Hero list as her work as an awesome double agent was awe inspiring.

I want more of the earlier key characters -

Hurin

Uno

Juilin

Last of all, I want Logain to kick some BT DF butt.

Just thought at the end of AMoL, I'd like to see a scene set in a future age, where the OP has been forgotten and replaced by science. But the world's resources in this age are running out/polluting the world, so everyone's trying to find a clean, renewable energy source. Scientists come across something they have absolutely no understanding of, except they think it could potentially be the energy source they're after. They try to access it and...hello Dark One.

Not going to happen but meh, I've always liked the idea that the WoT world is actually our world, and it would be nice if that was confirmed and linked in with our world right at the end.

4. I want to see Graendal betray the Shadow. Ever since Sammael's comment that if Graendal were cornered by Rand she'd betray the shadow and make herself into his greatest asset (likely to later betray him) but still, I want to see Graendal's mind and knowledge opened up on the Dark Side. I was thinking maybe this might happen as revenge for what shadar haren did--like Rand corners Graendal, and she uses the situation to get vengence, or something.

6. I want to see a cour'souvra broken.

YES to both the above! Although seeing a cour'souvra broken basically means a potentially unsatisfying end to either Moggy or Lanfear, both of whom were major protagonists at one point.

1. An equal partnership between Aes Sedai and Ashaman. (POssibly going to happen with Pevera and Androl) Working together as equals like AOL.

Hmm. You could argue we already saw this between Nynaeve and Naeff..?

Although seeing a cour'souvra broken basically means a potentially unsatisfying end to either Moggy or Lanfear, both of whom were major protagonists at one point.

My guess is that this is what makes grey men

1. An equal partnership between Aes Sedai and Ashaman. (POssibly going to happen with Pevera and Androl) Working together as equals like AOL.

Hmm. You could argue we already saw this between Nynaeve and Naeff..?

I think he meant both on a larger scale and between more regular ashaman and aes sedai. Naeff is bonded to an aes sedai and has spent considerable time around aes sedai since he is always near Rand. Nyneave is very different from other aes sedai and has spent quite a bit of time around ashaman.

I can see the aes sedai and ashaman working together for the Last Battle. In fact I think it will be necessary for the light to have any hope of winning. It will be necessay for the aes sedai to quit thinking they are so high and mighty though. They seem to see to have stopped seeing themselves as above other women channelers(wise ones and windfinders), but it will be much harder with male channelers.

In any case I doubt such an association will last after the Last Battle. Once the crisis has passed the aes sedai will no doubt try to gain control over the ashaman and the ashaman will hardly let them have any influence in the BT. They've hated each other too long for it to just disseappear so quickly.

Gosh... I started reading this series when I was thirteen. I'm mainly ready for it to be over and have some closure in my life.

Other things.

1. Demandred to do something badass. I have been waiting for this for YEARS, and he sort of has to make up for general absence from the proceedings over the past 13 books.

My dream is for him to ride in leading the mainland Seanchan army, having plunged the empire into disarray and taken power, right as Rand and Tuon are about to go at each others throats. He also has an army attacking from the opposite end of the continent, maybe Shara or the Land of Madmen on the other for a nice anvil and hammer attack. And to top it off the Muradians spring up in the middle of the Tuon and Rand forces to add to the chaos. I would love it if Demandred has been courting all three elements to basically bring together the single most powerful collation in history right when Tuon and Rand were not expecting it. It would force the two to unite and would defiantly throw a spotlight on Mat to counter these multiple fronts.

And most importantly it would justify Demandred doing NOTHING on screen for years on end if that is what he was pulling behind the scenes the entire time. It would also kick off Tai'mon Gaidian with a bang.

2. Moraine to knock some sense into Rand regarding Lan. This one is pretty much a given.

3. To figure out the endgame of Fain and Lanfear. This are pretty much the only two characters I cannot figure out how they play into the final battle, but I can guarantee the battle will turn on the actions of at least one of them, maybe both. Maybe I like this since it's one of the few things I can't "call." Being surprised will be nice!

4. To see what Sarah Conner, sorry, Aviendha must change in the past to avert a terrible future.

5. The epilogue. It's pretty clear this is how it's going to end: Rand (switched into Mordin's body) -- see every damn prophesy of "two becoming one" and the dragon "standing above his grave and laughing" -- having rid Tai'daishar back into the Westwoods of Two Rivers years before -- see foreshadowing in the Shadow Rising about the horse bringing him home again -- living as Tam al'Thor's long lost son from his travels years earlier (don't laugh, and remember that Tam used to have jet black hair). Rand has been gentled to save him -- see Sanderson's TDR Chap 27 foreshadowing about "the only way to save him" -- and now lives as a peaceful farmer with Min. They have children that Min was not able to foresee in herself.

Every Winternight they have a special reunion. Wards are set on the farm and several groups travel in. Elayne and the twins from Caemlyn. Aviendha and her quad-spawn from wherever Rand had settled them. Mat, reports in on the re-conquering of the Seanchan mainland and sending his best from his snotty wife that no one else likes. Nyneave from New Mailker with her baby son king-- sans dead Lan. Moraine with Thom in tow. Lord Perrin chooses to ride with his wife. Egwene will be the first one in and I suspect we will see it from POV. The group gathers to mark the anniversary of the night their lives changed forever. They remember fallen friends and old times. As dinner finishes Loial makes an unexpected visit and drops off a copy of his Chronicles of the Dragon. The Ogier are about to open the Book of Translation and he wants to wish his friends a final farewell. The group reflect on a new age starting, and Rand lights the pipe Min saw appear over his head after Dragonmount.

Yo, a topic to my likin :D

1. I am looking forward to (hoping for) a merging of Aes Sedai and Asha'man to do something uber, be it the last battle or the cleansing of the black tower. After all, we've been indoctrinated throughout the story how awesome male and female channelers working together were, even though we've glimpsed it in for instance winters heart, i still feel the best is yet to come. I hope for a "grey tower" with Logain and Egwene as the heads and a council with equal parts male and female. Maybe even ajahs are open to both genders.

2. Ogiers coming to save the day

3. Androl saving the day

4. Logain to save the day, or just being his normal awesome self

5. The gathering of the 5 great commanders: Bashere, Ituralde, (Shienar commander, dont remember his name), Gareth Bryne and Mat - Tactics are going to be off the hook, with all 5 doing something awesome in the big battles to come.

6. Hopefully Neald (?) and Perrin coming to teach more ashaman how to forge power-wrought weapons to arm the forces of light and give them an edge

7. Lan surviving

2. Moraine to knock some sense into Rand regarding Lan. This one is pretty much a given.

Why does everyone think that Rand needs to help Lan? That't Egwene thinking. Rand's logic must be failing because we like Lan. His reasoning was sound and tactics good. Lan draws the enemy out, The main force travels to the capital (Shayol Ghul) and kills the king (DO) then hits the enemy from behind while they're still trying to figure out who's in charge.

Morraine is not abobe sacrificing Lan for the good of the world.

Egwene could always send someone - but wait - she gave away the tower forces to the hall. All she has authority to do is treat with the other monarchs who are all going to side with Rand. Maybe evel Elayne when she sees not one house from Andor or Cherrien ( I can't spell it) agrees with her.

It's only considered Rand's fault because he has the ability to do something about it. But it is actually half Nynaeve's fault for making him gather up all those men, and half Lan's for being so "honourable" in the first place - putting a dead land he's never known ahead of the woman he loves? That's not honourable.

It's only considered Rand's fault because he has the ability to do something about it. But it is actually half Nynaeve's fault for making him gather up all those men, and half Lan's for being so "honourable" in the first place - putting a dead land he's never known ahead of the woman he loves? That's not honourable.

Couldn't agree more.

Anyway, the one thing I've been waiting to see that hasn't already been mentioned (I think) is Ilyena. I know it's not likely to happen, but I want to see her alive in some form or other, goddamn it. She's been like the ghost of the series, and so instrumental in Rand's depression and redemption, and yet we've only ever seen her dead. I don't care if she's a flashback, a ghost or in a new incarnation, I just won't be 100% satisfied with the book unless she turns up.

The flaming Tinkers !! It seems like every time someone in TAR shifts out of need or just without thinking they end up seeing, you guessed it...Tinkers.

There is a reason for that, and I can not wait to be blown away by whatever that revelation is. They are dismissed to easily,none of the main characters have done much with them as a people. Yet all of them have been shown them as a NEED.

They have a part to play,and a large one.

It is not a coincidence.

I agree on the Tinkers. There has got to be some big reveal left with them although I can't guess it. There is also the matter of one of Perrin's original viewing by Min -- flowers blossoming all around him -- that has to tie in to the Tinkers and Perrin saving Rand twice somehow. I've always been partial to the theory that re-finding the "Song" is the key to re-sealing the Bore though.

Archived