DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Things You've Been Waiting For

Luckers

I cant wait to see more of Fain and how that all plays out. He is such an integral character the first few books and then he fades away. He doesn't fade from our memories, nor does he stop his scheming. Im sure he has faded so when he makes his grand reappearance in the last book it will be incredible and important. So many great theories about him.

I want to see Morraine reunited with everyone, Rand, Egwene, Nyn, Lan, Perin. She had an affect on everybody.

Truly I want to see Lan kick butt. He is one of my favorite characters and I dont think he gets the fame he deserves. Sure, he will probably reconqure his kingdom. Sure, with the wedding deal made he owns in the bedroom. But after all the crap he has gone through and seen, I want him to kill a Forsaken. Preferably Demandred.

I want Avi to get knocked up already. I mean if she is supposed to bear Rand quadruplets (or was it triplets?) and the last battle is about to go down....you get the idea.

There are so many more I could write till my finger fall off but I'll leave it at these ones.

• Replies 258
  • Created
  • Last Reply
He is one of my favorite characters and I dont think he gets the fame he deserves.

The mere mention of his name in the books makes women-readers ovulate and male-readers roll up a newspaper and go through the sword forms.. I think he gets enough fame!

And in book as well.. the man is known from one end of the Blightborder to the other, maidens throw themselves at him and men dream of the day when they will ride with him behind the banner of the Golden Crane. He's known in ever sept and hold in the Aiel Waste as a one man army. The man's pretty damn famous in universe and out of it.

I want to see more of him as well :biggrin:!

All of these are things that I seriously doubt will happen...

1) I hope, somehow, someway (even though Robert Jordan said Olver wasn't Gaidal) that he turns out to be Gaidal, sneaks into the fighting that is happening at Caemlyn - just as Birgitte shows up at the fighting that is happening at Caemlyn, and they end up fighting back to back. And Olver somehow kicks everyone's butt.

2) I hope it is Moraine who goes to rescue Lan. She rides up a hill and he see's her... they make eye contact...hope suddenly surges through him... and then the entirety of the white tower rides behind her to join the fight and even the odds.

3) At some point I just want to see Rand-Jesus slug someone (Moridin, Demandred, I don't care) in the face with his only remaining hand instead of using the one power or a sword.

4)I want to see Mat show up amidst a gathering of the great captains (who are all arguing amongst themselves over what the battle plan should be) and announce that he has the perfect battle plan, but first Ituralde must go into the blight alone with only twenty men. Then, when Ituralde is gone, he turns to the other great captains and tells them that Ituralde was his battle plan... and that he fully expects that man to come back a week later having found some way to kick the shadow's butt with so little resources and have the war be won.

5) On a much more serious note... I would really love, after the last battle and everything, if we saw Ituralde ride up to his home (a humble abode), with his wife running out of his house to meet him, and he just resumes a normal life. As if the war was just a disruption for him... because it's in his character's nature for it to be.

6) Ituralde shows up at his home, his wife runs out to meet him, and he shows her the baby he found on the slopes of shayol ghul (a reversal of Tam and the slopes dragonmount) and the novel ends with the baby's eyes turning into flames when Ituralde isn't looking.

7) I really hope that Lan somehow ends up at the final scene when Rand is about to die... just to have him there.

8) Read this as a theory somewhere - but if Min turned out to be a snake/fox Aelfinn/Eelfinn in disguise (or without her knowing) and her human form just shrivels away to reveal her hideous snake/fox visage underneath... I love Min, but that would be SO COOL.

2) I hope it is Moraine who goes to rescue Lan. She rides up a hill and he see's her... they make eye contact...hope suddenly surges through him... and then the entirety of the white tower rides behind her to join the fight and even the odds.

Well if Rand has to right an ancient wrong, I think it's the Ivory Tower's turn. They owe Lan that much at least.

3) At some point I just want to see Rand-Jesus slug someone (Moridin, Demandred, I don't care) in the face with his only remaining hand instead of using the one power or a sword.

That would be brilliant. I can just imagine it. Rand walking up to Demandred, unarmed, as D'lo is going on about how he was always the better etc., and just putting him on his backside with a right swing.

4)I want to see Mat show up amidst a gathering of the great captains (who are all arguing amongst themselves over what the battle plan should be) and announce that he has the perfect battle plan, but first Ituralde must go into the blight alone with only twenty men. Then, when Ituralde is gone, he turns to the other great captains and tells them that Ituralde was his battle plan... and that he fully expects that man to come back a week later having found some way to kick the shadow's butt with so little resources and have the war be won.

You have no idea how epically awesome this is.

• 2 weeks later...

Gawyn seeing Morgase, Nyneave and Rand seeing Moiraine, whether a male healing siuan/leane will work, wether burning out can be healed like sever ing.

Can't wait to see what Verin's note to.Alanna said.

I wonder if Rand will tell Galad what happened to his mother, I think the man has a right to know.

• 3 months later...

Time to take another swing at this. Reveals and mysteries, mostly. With some explanations and a few hopes.

I. Reveals and Mysteries

1. Who is Demandred?

2. What questions did Moiraine and Rand ask in Finnland, and what were Mo's other 2 wishes?

3. The Answer to Rand's question on how to win and survive the LB?

4. Where has Logain been?

II. Explanations

1. Why didn't Rand & Egwene do a better job helping/protecting the Borderlands?

2. Why didn't Rand & Egwene send any aid to Lan?

3. Why didn't Rand do anything about the BT earlier? All 3 seem more important that Arad Domoan or apologizing to Hurin.

III. Hopes

1. Someone on the side of the Light uses the fact that sul'dam can channel as an effective weapon against the Seanchan (and Tuon).

2. Aviendha saves the Aiel.

3. Lan and/or Nynaeve reclaim Malkier.

4. To see someone who has turned to the Shadow come back to the Light (sort of seen it with Ingtar), but I want a real conversion. We've had it quoted enough.

5. In a related manner, I'd like to see the 13x13 trick undone. I think or the undoing of the 13x13 trick. Poor Tarna.

6. The idea that males can heal females to full strength, and vice versa, becomes widely known, and Siuan and Leanne regain full strength. And maybe Moiraine, too.

7. The WT gets it's act together. Becomes less isolationist. Forgoes the 3 Oaths. Allow AS to marry and have children. Merge with the Asha'man. And implement Nynaeve's suggestions on the test.

8. We find out how AS became AS in the Age of Legends. Tell us, Rand Sedai.

9. Some of the Amayar have been saved.

10. Tuon finally comes to her senses, if indeed she has any. She's the last main character still acting like an idiot (maybe Elayne). Even Gawyn has made progress by this point.

I just read this entire thread.. holy cow alot of good stuff here......

I just hope that AMoL gives us what we need for Aviendha. RJ did such a good job setting Her character up and then I feel she kinda got pushed aside and forgottn about. I think she had the potential to be every bit as exitiing as any other female character in the series. I just hope we dont get a rushed up ending with Her and Rand.

OK for some reason I never thought of this but now that you mention it, I am geeking out over this possibility, that would be a super bad a** scene and I would love to read it.

"1. Wise One's resisting the a'dam. The end of the year and a day for shaido da'covale. I don't think either is very likely--had brandon been intending to show them, TofM would have been perfect (the Wise Ones could have been shown against Elaida, the da'coval in the Flashforward). But still, I can hope."

And for this one

"5. I REALLY want to see someone forcibly spark Fortuona. I like her, but goddam if she doesn't need to be given the same choice she gives damane--which is to say none. [i asked Brandon if it were possible and he said 'almost anything is possible' :P]"

Who better than Mat himself to put the young lady in this scenario.

But what I would love to see more than anything in these books is (and I know we will probably see this anyway) but I have been waiting for Lan's Death for as long as I can remember. Not because I want him to die in any way, but in my mine, he has to die in a super bad a** battle. It just seems like what his character was meant to do.

• 5 months later...

I am astounded that RJ's genius and vision went back twenty plus years and that he had the patience and tenacity to take a couple seed ideas and persist in thought and action to turn those into a fictional masterpiece even my future children and grandchildren will enjoy.

I have been reading the Wheel of Time since age 14, more than half my life, and it has impacted me and many others I’m sure in ways we likely will not ever be able to thank Jim the author for.

Here's what will bring me personally the most satisfaction to read in the final installment of what I believe will stand as the ultimate fantasy series created for as long as any of us shall live…perhaps for as long as the Wheel turns.

My top hopes to experience reading in AMOL:

1. Confirmation of my long-held suspicion that Demandred is the most effective Forsaken of all-- having used proxies to gain control of two to four different powerful forces for the Last Battle-- A) a unified Murandy mixed with the remainder of the Dragonsworn rabble, B) the mainland Seanchan army Traveling in to Randland proper along with a fleet of ships bigger than the Forerunners, C) a host of Sharan channelers leading a good chunk of their population as an army, and D) The 13 by 13 turned-dark Taim faction of Asha’man at the Black Tower

2. A private conversation between Rand and his mentor Moiraine, comparing notes on Last Battle strategies, Finnland answers and interpretations and more

3. Figuring out what Logain's foretold "glory" is about

4. The Battle of Caemlyn and the powerful role of the Dragon cannons

5. The blowing of the Horn of Valere, and yes it'd be extremely satisfying for Hawkwing to have a role in determining the Rand-Mat-Tuon precedence if there are as expected leadership challenges

6. The HotH heralds of the new age-- will they be Elayne's children?

7. The results of Verin's other letters left before she sheathed the sword so to speak -- I really love her character and never suspected her as a darkfriend. Wow, amazing woman!

8. Perrin-Slayer Final PPV cage match

9. Some extremely subtle foreshadowing as far back as TEOTW having a role in the Last Battle or aftermath of post-TG Randland. Like smack-your-head subtle but BIG "aha" moments on your first re-read of the entire series.

10. The public betrayal to the Shadow of someone very close to the Emond's Fielders but never beyond hinted at to any normal reader in previous books

11. Finding out why "Let the Lord of Chaos Rule" was part of the Dark One's strategies... From an actual DO perspective

12. Loial's eloquent Stump speech being both logical and emotionally moving enough to shut his mother down and have the whole of the Ogier race decide to follow the counsel of a beardless "Ogier teen" and put long handles on their axes to smite some Trolloc Shadow-Ogier perversions down

13. Can we get at least one scene in Shara? I'm just itching to see what that place is really about. It's unlikely but maybe they can attack across the Waste the opposite direction from any three fold land travel we've seen in the series, and mop up Therava and the rest of the stinking Shaido on their way to the Blight

14. I want to see what happens with the "Song". Will it be found? Does it have anything to do with Aiel being Way of the Leaf? Are the Ogier involved? Does the Seeker's catechism (paraphrase: "in this Age or in another") have anything to do with a cultural memory of the DO being defeated in a previous turning of the Wheel, and that coinciding with the discovery of said Song?

15. We know Lan, Bashere, and the Aiel chiefs probably will from past experience...Perrin from friendship and respect...and Agelmar Jagad if for instance Moiraine vouched for him-- but how will the other acknowledged great Captains Bryne and Ituralde feel about putting the fate of the most important battle in the hands of a one-eyed gambler barely 20 years old they have (probably) never met-- to accept Mat as overall Captain-General of the Light's armies?

16. Clear up the mystery about the Finnland reveal to Rand that "The two must be as one", the suspense of which has me always wondering. Is it LTT/Rand, Rand/Ishamael, Rand/Empress, Randland being balanced by half Seanchan and half DR forces...AS and AM working in concert...or something else no or has mentioned?

17. Nynaeve starting a powerful revolution among the Aes Sedai attacking a) the Oath Rod usage, b) the stupidity of the "Me more OP Powerful, Me Must Be Obeyed" precedence custom among sisters, c) not getting married an isolating themselves from the world to the point that they lost touch

18. The Black Tower "rent in blood and fire"

19. Rand's POV on learning he's a daddy

20. Will we see a jumara or worm or "something worse" from the Blight hinted at but not yet shown? Hope so!

21. Confirmation of my long-held belief that Ishamael is a former false Dragon in another turning of the Wheel who's soul is reborn (kooky I know)

22. Want to see what happens with Perrin/Faile with regards to Two Rivers, Ghealdan, Saldaea after the Last Battle. A return of Manetheren would be an amazing ending...completing the circle to that fateful night and compelling fireside tale by Moiraine in the Two Rivers early TEOTW about the fall of Manetheren

23. I'd LOVE to see the discovery of a stasis box in Moridin's things with cool stuff we know to be AoL (shocklances, ter'angreal etc) but also...one or more items obviously to the reader from our real contemporary time...leaving us really thinking worriedly about new "energy sources" LOL

24. Another scene like the Cleansing with rapid POV changes among a dozen or more characters from the Light and Dark intermixed in a slam-bang affair that keeps me on the edge of my seat

25. Confirmation of my suspicion that (longshot I know) Thomas can in fact learn to channel. REALLY long shot-- maybe already unknowingly DID with the Fade/flash in Whitebridge (wasn't he subsequently really sick with chills like channelers are supposed to get not long after that or was that several books later when Mat had the WiseWoman in Tear take care of him?). Ok so that’s loony since if he can "learn" to channel it probably wouldn't have happened unknowingly. I guess I've just always figured since book 3 or so that Thom would end up with Moiraine after it was all said and done-- and I want her to have the deserved "happily ever after" which could obviously last longer if Thom wasn't a geezer HA!

26. The Emond's Field girls finding out Mat the scoundrel is married to the Empress of Seanchan, and Egwene being unable to hold back saying "blood and bloody ashes!"

27. Mat, Perrin and Rand all being together in the same room hashing it all out for the first time since what...book 4 in Stone of Tear?

28. What role Narishma has to play in TG and after, what it means to "follow after". I really like Narishma and his quiet strength

29. How the Shadow will somehow use Rand's bond to Alanna (sp?)

30. Mordeth/Fain getting killed and sealed up with the Dark One for the counter-evils to battle it out for all eternity (or until the next DR age anyway!)

31. Egwene going home to the Two Rivers and/or her marriage to Gawyn with the Women's Circle and parents in attendance, Mat crowing "First comes love, then comes marriage, then comes Mesaana in the baby carriage". Ok so that last part was just a joke.

32. Figuring out what RJ/BS have been up to with the character of Mazrim Taim, arguably the most contested figure in the books insofar as interest in every little who/what/when/where/how questions go

33. The Green Battle Ajah (hopefully) lining up to its so-called purpose for once and destroying entire groups of Trollocs and Dreadlords, dying heroically in a blaze of OP glory

34. Seeing my absolute favorite character in the series Mat "dicing with the Dark One"...and winning

35. Figuring out why the DO allowed whoever had that stupid plan to attack dozens of channelers with 100,000 Trollocs at the manor-- they had to know that would fail big-time and I am curious to why it was tried

36. The "three on the boat" scene, man that’s been a long time waiting for that one!

37. Here is a prediction of mine I'm sure someone somewhere has to have mentioned, but haven't seen it. Egwene calls the Hall of the Tower to meet maybe at FoM, am Rand Sedai shows up claiming his rights as "Eldest" (Egwene looks to Takima the WT law scholar, who faints dead away when realizing their own laws require giving Rand what he wants, and we enjoy the delicious irony of Rand out-maneuvering Egwene at her own game LOL)

38. The last line of the series ending with "Time" the crux of which RJ carried in his head from before writing Book One

39. Loial's book humongous notes being referred to by another character as an "encyclopedia"-- setting us readers up with a wink for you know what whenever it is released

40. The Wolves at Tarmon Gai'don-- been looking forward to that for more than a decade! Dumai's Wells was a great taste but I'm totally hungry for more of that plot line.

41. Like a number of people said, Rand realizing Galad is his half-brother and vice versa. Maybe Amys and the other Aiel Wise Ones can tell them both together more about Shaiel (probably not time for that even though it'd be nice touch...after all, the world owes a debt of gratitude to Tigraine for her sacrifice)

42. When the Aes Sedai as a whole find out about the Kin revelations-- sheer numbers, ages etc and the OR implication

43. One or more random ter'angreal we've had described but never seen used on screen being used and having a pivotal importance...personally, I'm wishing for the dice chance-twister!

44. Perrin singing in High Chant. Sorry, Perrin singing or wing involved with the Song just has too much circumstantial (yes I admit) evidence throughout the series as far back as book ONE for me to believe something along these lines won't happen in last book

45. Areina getting toasted. Honestly what a brat.

46. I don't expect this but I would really love to see Rhuidean take on an important role post LB and not just for the Aiel

47. Like everyone else wants to know, is the fate Avi saw in The columns for the Aiel and the world for that matter immutable or will she figure how to influence events to turn out better?

48. Will Lan, Nynaeve (and Sharina Sedai, quickly raised before leaving for F of M along with many others ala how WT has done before in other wars) actually resettle Malkier? Or will as I fear Lan find the last embrace of the mother in Tarwin's Gap? (Luckily his wife is probably going to Heal death (Rand), and like with Healing stilling or eating Lays tater Chips 'betcha can't have just one' ;)

49. More of the sha'rah chess analogy. Did the DO really sacrifice a spire (Semirhage)? More than once (Asmo and/or Be’lal maybe?)? To what purpose?

50. Will Elayne as I've suspected for a while discover "standing weaves" (possibly only mentioned in the Illustrated Guide)? I know a lot of people dislike her..and from a personality standpoint she is way too Miss Snoot for my liking, but she is pretty smart and some of the musings (can't remember which/where specifically sorry) she has to herself lead me to think she'll figure out how to do that. And it is that more than anything I think that will/can create peace and plenty among non-channelers as technology becomes readily (and freely?) accessible to masses

51. Another talking Trolloc. Seriously, it was cheesy in book one but funny too.

52. That “Til shade is gone, Til Water is gone…into the Blight…Last Day” Aiel quote has always stuck in my head for some reason. Does it have a meaning somehow pertaining to cultural memories of TG? Will Rand (and co) wander the desert blight somehow (like his father)? Will he/they go extremely thirsty (like his mother)? Will he scream defiance and make it wherever he’s going anyway?

53. Birgitte and Gaidal. I'm a guy but must admit wanting to see Birgitte stand by her man (and us see how ugly he really is in his current body).

54. Mr. Pointy Teeth Red Veiled Aiel . Male channelers?

55. I hope Tallanvor gets some abdicated royal MILF booty ASAP. Boy had a long hard road. He is such a noble character and Morgase with her wiggle waffling in recent books made me want to slap him and tell him he could honestly do better.

56. Why did Janduin have to die? Will we learn that story better re Gitara and Luc etc?

57. I'd love to see Tam the Blademaster in a sword fight duel, maybe protecting his son's flank while he does his thing at SG

58. Mat flirting harmlessly (but well) with other women in the presence if his wife, who can't help that despite being Empress her human nature makes her even more attracted to Mat because of this (ask me how I know lol)

59. Morgase claims to Rand to have heard Two Rivers speech when she was younger. Was it Tam she met (the only TR outside traveler we know about IIRC)? And if so was knowing Tam (father) had a heron marked blade part of what causes Morgase to believe Rand and set him free after being captured in the Palace. Always wondered about that..maybe Tam and Morgase will meet up briefly in AMOL and we'll find out. Wasn't RJ planning a prequel with Tam's back story? (wonder if it was in those author notes)

60. Aviendha and Rand grab a bottle of oosquai, bring out the music box ter'angreal which turns out to play our time contemporary Barry White, and commence to baby making MPS pre LB. I'm kind of envious of Rand for both Min and Avi who are different but both great chicks. Elayne not so much, she can watch.

61. I've always expected the Last Battle to be a titanic military struggle that encompasses one or more books of the series. Now that we're down to the last book, I don't know what to expect. I guess what I'm hoping now is that all over Randland we see repetitions of the crazy powerful attack on Maradon with the supporting cast dealing with all those more or less simultaneously...while Rand and two women he wields Callandor with fight their way into SG. After lurking or hundreds of hours here on DragonMount and much the same a decade ago on the old RASFRJ (?) newsgroup, I've read a ton of theories that Rand's showdown with the DO won't be a physical power struggle at all, so much as a mental one, or even a philosophical debate with Moridin...I'm hoping that is bunk. I want to see some DO fighting bad @$$, even if he can only do it thru the SH avatar.

62. I can't wait to see Nynaeve finishing off Moghedien once and for all! I think it'd be a riot if it happened in a stedding when Moggy thought she was attacking Nyn unawares when somehow she thinks she has an advantage to kill her without OP fighting (of which use she's justifiably I'm sure afraid of Nyn about at this point) from the shadows like the Spider she is. Then Nyn disabuses her silly spider self with a blast of fire from her secret Well jewelry. That would be killer!

63. A final and overt respectful nod from the author to who I consider the father of fantasy, Mr. JRR Tolkien

64. Zaida summons the Dragon Reborn per her power given in The Bargain at the worst possible time for the Light because she turns out to be a Darkfriend. Harine kicks her butt, pulls out her nose ring medallions and publically denounces her, causing the First 12 to put her to work naked in the bilges of a darter ship with 24x7 guards for the rest of her natural life until she dies an old toothless hag dreaming of the days when she had absolute power and made the mistake of messing with rand and Harine. Yeah, I really, really dislike Zaida.

65. A series-ending speaking bit from the mysterious ALL CAPS “Voice” we heard from briefly in EOTW—was it in fact the Creator?

66. I'd like a couple of the characters that died already or will in book to be shown as Horn heroes in TAR-- either new, or having been spin out this time. Verin for sure although she's so frumpy it is weird and I wonder if any other channelers are bound? Anyway in my book she's most courageous character to date. Also maybe Jain Farstrider. Or Thom, you could def make a case that Thom is Horn-worthy.

67. I’d love to see the Seanchan people as a whole learn that sul’dam are women that can learn to channel. Perhaps forkroot will out them somehow? Or Seta/Bethamin somehow? Or Egwene & Mat in public confrontation with Tuon? Who knows, I just want them to realize their whole society is built on a slavery power base that is faulty, and fall apart.

68. Siuan Sanche gets to put down her long time burden of duty to the world, marry Gareth Bryne, and live happily ever after on her father’s fishing boat

69. Lastly, to heartily agree with Luckers’ amazing treatise on the epic FAIL of Aes Sedai as an institution in this Age, I’d like to see the White Tower under Egwene’s post-LB leadership to evolve so that these women actually DO what they SAY they do…

a) Browns and Whites step in to help support, organize, duplicate and altogether expand Rand’s legacy of academies of learning and science in the major cities of the world.

b) Greens and Reds meeting accommodations with the Asha’man, expanding the cross-gender channeler bonding practices (as equals, not with compulsory elements of bonds), studying together with circles and transparent communication/sharing, and altogether trying to match the AoL for pure OP badassery.

c) Grays and Blues being chosen as governors and administrators in the Dragon/Lion territories, trusted to manage and govern fairly without personal ambition like the AS were before Bonwhin and becoming major wankers.

d) Yellows following Elayne/the Kin’s beginning example to establish and maintain free public Healer hospitals in major cities so that quality and length of life in WOT-land immediately goes up.

So yeah, that is all I'd like to see.

Since I always get what I want, the book will probably top out at 2000 pages and need to be split again. (millions groan)

Seriously, I am really looking forward to A Memory of Light!

On continuation of another note you may or may not find appropriate....

While I can’t any longer thank RJ for the impact these wonderful books have had on me, having respect and class to thank his wife Harriet for her own not-small contributions as well as her sacrifices would not be too much to expect for each of us that have enormously enjoyed the series. Though after feeling ill at how several very nasty commenters portrayed this nice woman in that other thread, perhaps I'm expecting too much. In fact, her shabby treatment by some in this forum (in other threads) is what prompted me more than anything to create an account in a forum I’ve spent at least a hundred hours lurking on over the years and now share some of my thoughts. While I didn’t want to call those people out or get embroiled in arguments as that’s not my responsibility, I did want to post something public that says personally I’m grateful to Harriet and Jim both, and share none of those nasty opinions.

Because you know, as they say, “the internet is written in ink” and I’d hate for in the twilight of her life as she looks back on the time, effort, sacrifice and sweat put into this project for her to be anything less than abundantly proud of the monumental undertaking she completed and was responsible for IMO just as much as the Creator & author Robert Jordan we all know and love. Anyway, I try to light my little candle sending Christmas cards for years and have said my piece.

Notwithstanding the disturbingly ungrateful bellyaching raging rampant among the vociferous few (Dear Creator, let them be truly only the few) in the "AMOL Release Date" thread, I feel like we're all extremely blessed to have a chance to read the final chapters to what for me has been the greatest fictional thrill of my life.

My last wish for AMOL is of course to have it to read. Like many, I want it NOW…LOL. But I’m content to wait until it’s put into my hands, whenever Team Jordan feels it’s worthy of the final capstone in the greatest fantasy series I’ve ever read.

I'm expecting to feel both joy and satisfaction at finally sitting down to read the last book...I'm confident for many of us long-time fans who endured the between-book waits and in coming together to discuss ideas as a community online became even more obsessed with this fantastic world and its characters who became like our friends, we will all feel a very real and painful sense of loss when it's all over.

While my business interests keep me busy, and I enjoy my personal relationships in life, it would not be a stretch to say that TWOT more than any other single hobby or interest has been what I most look forward to spending time with for half my life. I know personally I’m going to miss it…and I’m damn glad I picked up that first book, even if I’d have had to wait 30 years to get the last part of the story instead of 15 years.

Thanks to you all for such a great community. I’ve enjoyed looking in on here for years. ;)

Danny

1. Demandred's forces.. has he also got his claws into the Band, after their stay in Murandy?

15. "..how will the other acknowledged great Captains Bryne and Ituralde feel about putting the fate of the most important battle in the hands of a one-eyed gambler barely 20 years old they have (probably) never met-- to accept Mat as overall Captain-General of the Light's armies?"

He's ta'veren. 'Nuff said.

16. 'The two must be as one'.. how about Andor and Cairhein, at war for generations, now united under Elayne? Cairhien may go to Caemlyn's rescue..

17. Go Nynaeve!!

19. Daddy Rand.. I have a funny feeling he won't find out, because he'll die before he can be told..

22. I, too, would LOVE to see Manetheren rise again.. but I don't think it will :cry:

44. Perhaps Perrin has enough Old Blood of Manetheren in him for him to wear that crown and declaim!

48. I do hope Lan survives. I rather think he will. Rand indicated early in ToM that 'a friend rides to his death without allies' so I think help's on its way.

(Now I've got that

in my head..

49. No, I don't think the DO had anything to do with Rand getting the TP. The DO wanted him at SG to be turned and help rip the Bore wide open. But Rand got the TP through his link with Moridin. JMO.

51. Didn't you know? Shaidar Haran is Narg transmigrated.. :wink::wacko::tongue:

52. 'Til shade is gone..' makes me think of a last charge of the Aiel.

56. I think Janduin suddenly found he could channel.. why else would he leave his adored and pregnant wife and go off alone.. why did she die alone, anyway?

57. WOO-HOO!! Go Tam!!

59. Tam definitely has an interesting past, I'd love to see more of it..

61. I would find an endless sequence of battles indigestible, but that's just me.. I'm reassured by Verin's comment that 'this battle is not being fought the way al'Thor assumes it will be'. Interesting choice of tenses there.. I've no doubt at all that there will be lots of thud and blunder, though.

63. Re JRRT.. I was nearly put off the entire series by the first sighting of a Myrdraal back in EotW. My first thought was 'what a rip-off'. Thankfully my fears weren't borne out.

66. HotH: Hurin, Verin, Thom, Moiraine - and Lan, just so's Nynaeve can rip him out of T'A'R.

1. Demandred's forces.. has he also got his claws into the Band, after their stay in Murandy?

Didn't you hear? Demandred is masquerading as a little ugly boy. He really knows how to beat the board game too, both Snakes & Foxes AND sha'rah. What better place to influence his proxies than as the Band's trusted half-pint messenger boy?

44. Perhaps Perrin has enough Old Blood of Manetheren in him for him to wear that crown and declaim!

Cue the stepped-on frog!

59. Tam definitely has an interesting past, I'd love to see more of it..

Me too. From what I understand from lurking here and some time back at RASFRJ (?) newsgroup, that decision will be RJ's wife and survivor Harriet's. Yet another reason to be nice to the lady, as if gratitude and civility weren't enough. I'll read whatever I can get in the WoT universe, frankly. Pour me another!

61. I would find an endless sequence of battles indigestible, but that's just me.. I'm reassured by Verin's comment that 'this battle is not being fought the way al'Thor assumes it will be'.

Oh I'm not saying in the grand scheme of things all these battles will matter...or could be called THE Last Battle. I think that will be more metaphysical I guess is the word, than outright fighting. Still, it's the huge battles leading up to it that I want-- Bobby Fisher King Rand and Philosopher Queen Moridin can't have all the fun, let's get some bloody melee' in there!

OK, so I think I did the quoting right. But this is my second post, so I guess we shall see.

Me too. From what I understand from lurking here and some time back at RASFRJ (?) newsgroup, that decision will be RJ's wife and survivor Harriet's. Yet another reason to be nice to the lady, as if gratitude and civility weren't enough. I'll read whatever I can get in the WoT universe, frankly. Pour me another!

For now and most likely for good the decision has been made to not do any more books. BS made that very clear in recent interviews. The notes/outline for the main series were already far less than what most think and I for one was shocked at how much Brandon made up in order for the split to to work. Given the fact that it would be material made almost from scratch and RJ was very adamantly against anyone writing in his world not sure how it could be a good idea to do more.

Most of these will be repeats of a lot of other's wishes, but I'd throw my voice in nonetheless.

1) The reunion of Moiraine and Siuan. We've gone through 13 books so far following Rand & Co, watching as they live through situations that gleemen will be singing of in the next Age and the Ages after, but without those two women there wouldn't be another turning of the Wheel of Time. I'm not wanting a lengthy scene, just a moment where the two quietly, even without words, reflect on their sacrifices and subsequent triumphs.

2) The reunion with Moiraine and Rand. Knowing what the belief in her death did to him, I can't wait to see him when he sees that she's in fact alive.

3) Perrin/Young Bull fighting Darkhounds with Elyas and those remaining from Hopper's pack. Perrin's fought and struggled with being Young Bull for so long, worried he'd end up like Noam, that it will be so satisfying to see him laying into the Shadowspawn fully in control and in sync with his place among the wolves. In that same light, it will be cool seeing the armies of Light watch in awe as the wolves start to fight alongside them.

4) Birdgette realizing Olver is Gaidal. I'm aware of RJ's quote on the subject of Olver, but I feel, as some others do, it was an Aes Sedai answer. Olver is Olver in this life, hence RJ saying Olver is not Gaidal does not break an Oath. :o) I may be wrong but I can hope.

5) I know there are more pressing matters to contend with, with Tarmon bloody Gaidon starting, but I'd like to see Satelle get Healed by Flinn or another Asha'man.

6) Egwene is my favorite character, but her reaction to Mat marrying Fortuona, and Mat's inevitable comeback will be priceless.

7) The revelation of where Demandrod is and what he's been doing. On top of that, with him being a friend of Lews Therin's in the AoL and his jealousy at not being the Dragon being what made him go to the Shadow, I'd like to see him reconcile with Rand and join the Light at the last moment to screw the DO.

8) I want to see Tam kick some Shadowspawn backside!

9) Loial. I miss him. I'd like so see him and the other Ogiers sing back the Blight.

10) I would like to see Elayne go into labor during TLB, from the stress of not being able to channel during the most important time in the Age, realizing she's useless, as she has been throughout the entirety of the series. Then I'd like to see her babies born healthy sustained by the OP or something. Then I'd like to see her swallowed by a Worm. :biggrin:

Forgive me for any spelling errors on WoT related names. My books are on the bookshelf three paces from me. I'm way too lazy to get them.

8) Read this as a theory somewhere - but if Min turned out to be a snake/fox Aelfinn/Eelfinn in disguise (or without her knowing) and her human form just shrivels away to reveal her hideous snake/fox visage underneath... I love Min, but that would be SO COOL.

Ya whoever originally came up with that theory needs to stop reading David Icke lol

• 1 month later...

Resurrection of an old topic due to my pre-AMoL reread. Not sure if this was mentioned previously in the thread, but after rereading KoD (and particularly one of my favorite chapters in the series, As If the World Were Fog) I found something that I really want to be included in the last book: Dance With the Jak o' the Shadows. That scene where Mat returns to the Band and that song picks up gives me goosebumps every time I read it, I can only imagine how incredible it would be if somewhere in AMoL the Band sings that song prior to or during Tarmon Gai'don. In terms of plot, this is completely irrelevant, but it would be an absolute shame if we've seen the last of that song.

For now and most likely for good the decision has been made to not do any more books. BS made that very clear in recent interviews. The notes/outline for the main series were already far less than what most think and I for one was shocked at how much Brandon made up in order for the split to to work. Given the fact that it would be material made almost from scratch and RJ was very adamantly against anyone writing in his world not sure how it could be a good idea to do more.

I was working crazy hours in the summer so I apparently missed some info and posts like this one.

Where/when did this info about the notes and how much BS had to make up come about?

Archived