DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Pokemon Mafia III: The Treasure of Heart Island--GAME OVER--TOWN WIN

Aiel Heart

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Despo

It's hard for me to to wade back and forth through all the code. That's why I comment as I go

About the meta stuff

I was being sarcastic.( thought you would of picked up on that) I don't really mind you brining up your own meta or anyone else doing it. That way I can go back to old games and cross Refrence it

So that particular thing isn't really hypocritical IMO

Also the ithi fence sitting v flip flopping. When I said you accused ithi of it I considered them one in the same

The thing that bothered me about you is you go after ithi for a specific scum tell. But IMO it's something you are doing yourself

Make sense

Also I'd like to point out all that info you got from the VCs lol

Could you do bullet points type thing? If I'm responding to multiple things in a post, sometimes I open a reply box in another window and jot stuff down as I see it.

I didn't pick up on any sarcasm... so you don't think bringing up one's own meta is scummy? Just wanna make sure

It wasn't one scumtell that set me after Ithi, it was a conglomerate of different things.

And don't be lazy and let me do all your work for you lol. Anything else you see, or think now with RTE's flip?

Also, this was a whole heck of a lot easier to respond to. Thanks.

Official Vote CountWith 24 alive, it takes 13 to lynch

RTE (4): Cloud, madness,Luci, Razen

Darthe (13): Piano, berf, Chuckles, BG, Des, Tina, Krak, RTE, Ithi, WoT13, Cyan, Panchi, Turin

Turin (1): Darthe

Tina (1): Hallia

Not voting: Mawth, Kronos, Dav, Ley, Hisoka

THAT'S A LYNCH!!!

Scene coming up

Official Vote CountWith 21 alive, it takes 11 to lynch

RTE (11): Chuckles, Razen, BG, Cloud, Hallia, berf, Mawth, Tina, Cyan, Dav, Kronos

Madness (6): Panchi, Despo, RTE, WoT13, Krak, Luc, Piano

Not voting: madness, Hisoka, peace

Cloud sticks out for avoiding Darthe all of day one and continuing to push RTE today

But his posts today already highlighted that

Anyway one by one the votes

vote RTE

A little too quiet for someone who spent the better half of D1 spamming/goingemo/defending himself

Chuckles gets in there really fast. Then for the rest of the day he just picks on others for their votes. He even prompts the RTE train when it is "stalling" as he put it

Here are all his posts on Maddy

Oh and then after all that, and all the INFO!!!!(NOM NOM THAT INFO IS YUMMY!) that's apparently waiting for us once RTE flips (including info on my own alignment apparently :rolleyes:), you then VOTE FOR MADDY.

/gives up

i dont understand what this is about

And when BG asks where Maddy is

havent seen her post in the game thread for about 2 RL days (i think, but she did mention she was busy or something)

So chuckles spends the day making sure RTE is ahead of Maddy and tries to avoid mentioning her until absolutly nessacary. At which point he points out that she might be busy

All she actually said was that she was travelling so net was slim. However she posted a whole thread of pictures elsewhere so she is obviously avoiding this

Great point too is that Maddy spend a tonne of her posts from D1 going for chuckles. Trying to distance perhaps. Ill look into that later

Chuckles also avoided Darthe and his claim until after I pointed his flaws and then he jumps on it but never mentions my explanation and instead rewrites it for himself

He also starts explaining things to Maddy (making sure it's on thread this time lol)

Then we get vote 2 by raz

It's not just the fact that he's quiet - it's the fact that he's gotten a lot less gung-ho and is no longer displaying the attitude of "I want to die in a blaze of information." I think it's time to oblige that

Sounds to me like he's waiting for this to blow over. On top of that, two of the people most actively pushing for an RTE lynch yesterday are now dead. Make of that what you will, but it looks to me like someone doesn't want him dead. Vote: RTE.

Also, Maddy, it's time you answer the questions addressed to you about where you learned how to play the game. Dancing around the issue is not going to cut it anymore. Unless, of course, you'd like to volunteer the name of the person coaching you so we can lynch them too.

A much better vote than chuckles. He does press the Maddy thing so I doubt he is on the same team as her

Like cloud however he did avoid the Darthe lynch to sit on RTE instead

He never appeared again

Vote RTE

Then BG starts the triple vote with out reason trend

A trend that chuckles points out so so actively. Looking for cred maybe?

On the whole BG sits well with me but this did stick out

I find it kind of weird that two people have both commented on the speed of rte's train and are unsure...and then vote him.

That's fair. In my opinion that just means that the other mafia team might be looking for an easy lynch too. If there were only 1 team, I'd say we could learn from that, but its hard to say with 2 teams.

He does muddy any info gotten from this lynch

That bothers me

Keep in mind, Friday night to Saturday morning is probably the lowest posting times, so 26 hours from now really isn't that long from now.

Then he nudges the RTE train

(However he is right about the time and the lynch hardly scraped by so it's hardly anything)

Now this bit is fun

I'd also like to point out that Maddy and RTE have posted in other areas of DM within the last 12 hours. Just sayin.

BG points out Maddy being around and look who appears

you seem to be doing dap's job lol

and where is dap?!

And he throws the question away towards me

Cloud was next, adding a quick reasonless vote after BG (chuckles really hounded him)

Vote RTE

Cloud and hally, you two still havent given any reason on your votes

Have you skimmed through the whole of Day 1 or something?! Sheesh.. I will give some extra thoughts once I had some breakfast. I see that RTE has now started distancing from his teammate though.

This has been dealt with extensively

Also note he camped on RTE all of D1

He's been looking for an easy lynch this whole game

because that will be stating the obvious. look at my play from Day 1. me voting for any other player than RTE would seem weird.

The infamous quote

Note Chuckles reaction

Fair enough

So much for actively pressuring and scum hunting

So you're saying you're voting for me because voting for anyone else would reflect poorly on yourself after how hard you tunneled me on day 1? That's what I take from your last three posts.

Lol can you go and die already? And no, I said that it would seem weird if I voted for someone else because Chuckles was questioning my current vote on you. I have cased both you and Darthe during Day 1 and so my current vote without any added reason shouldn't seem off to people.

This reaction is also pretty twitchy. Clouds whole voting pattern and play this game is awful

Kronos, why don't you just vote for RTE (or Madness)? Placing a vote on Cyan or Maw is kinda useless now.

Notice how he keeps pushing the RTE train

Anyway cloud is mafia. Lynch him after Maddy (atleast cloud is contributing)

Hallies turn!

D1 she ended up on Tina and not Darthe or RTE in the final count. However she was on RTE at one point but abandoned that

She also posts before her vote to comment on the NKs

I'm down with that.

Vote RTE

Jumps on the easy speed lynch

Interestingly she doesn't really give anything else game retaliated. However she was around cos she talks about the color code

The berf

Vote: RTE

Darthe flipped mafia, Ithi flipped town. Following on from what I've been saying since D1 and the goings-on there, you are next RTE. Spammy crap that buried any gameplay, un-town behavior, and a complete backflip in behavior since being called out on it all and your buddy's stupid gambit. This vote should come as no surprise.

Nice solid vote IMO. He gives his reasoning but doesn't over do it

If he's mafia I think he's playing a very good game

vote Maddy

Reason- how she knows so much as a new player

Boring vote but I'm fine with it

D1 was near the end of the Darthe train but it doesn't bother me much either

She does that unvote but code fails

Ends up sticking with it

She's not bothering me much this game

Hooooly hell. That train on RTE didn't take long.

That said, VOTE RTE. I don't like it when people spam the first half of the day and then dissapear for the second half, and it defenitely seems like darthe was trying to stop his lynch.

I get why people don't like this. Commenting on the speed and joining it.

However I'd like to point out that his reason is very similar to one chuckles

WKB pings this and Hally goes a bit further

Then maw and WKB have that weird interaction then Maw realises he was thinking of cloud

To meta here i don't believe that maw and WKB could be pulling anything. Doesn't seem right for them

Seems an honest mistake

Despo old boy

Not on the RTE train D1. However the rest of his voting patterns are solid from there

I've covered most of his D2 play already

Not going to go over that again

However contrary to what you might think he isn't high on my mafia list. It's only that "hypocrisy" that stands out to me

Tina

d1 she was on ithi and Darthe but not RTE. I dunno seems off for some reason

I´m also going to vote RTE.

Ithi and RTE had that back and forth yesterday (with Player cheering on). Then during the night it was Des and Ithi who had some word duel. It looks like Des is trying to protect RTE. Yesterday I agreed a lot with him and couldn´t make up my mind if I thought RTE was mafia or not. But now that Ithi flipped town and Des is still trying to protect RTE I´m more inclined to believe that RTE is mafia. Hope that makes sense.

Vote RTE

I´m also suspicious of Maddy, Player and Des.

This is interesting for me

I'd like Tina to expand more on her read on Des and me.

She also has that interaction with despo about his meta where she agrees with most of what he says and appears to think he's town but she things he's suspicious here

So yes I'd really like an expansion of her reads

Cyan

D1 she was one of the last on Darthe

Hmmmmm.

I can't make up my mind about RTE. From his drastic change in play style and attitude I think I'm leaning more mafia. The whole spammy, distracting thing was suspicious but not overly condemning, though there soft claims laced throughout. But the fact that he gave up the whole 'lynch me for info' angle and started playing properly and trying to avoid notice perhaps? after Darthe took attention off of him makes it just that much more suspicious than it was before. He also seemed to know more than he shoud in regards to Darthe's claim. That one post in particular really stood out but uh Im not going to look for it. What I don't get though is if they were scum mates, RTE was pretty obviously going down, weather today or in the next few, so why sacrifice Darthe? Is it that important that he lives another day? Darthe didnt really seem to want to play as mafia though so maybe he didnt mind risking it. The other options dont seem as plausable. It doesnt make sense for Darthe to do what he did if he was trying to frame RTE, and nothing in mafia is ever just coincidence. But then the speed of his trains, both times, cant just be townies voting, though the two team mafia throws that off a bit.

Regardless, I think he's the right choice for today. This is going to continue being an issue and distracting from other things until resolved. Simplest way to do that is to lynch RTE.

So. Vote RTE.

The infamous over explaining a vote post

Here is the best part

Not sure about it but sure enough to vote him. You and Maw both at it eh...vote cyan

I could really go with you or maw actually.

Correction, not sure of his alignment but sure that he needs to be lynched.

This whole game she is making sure to hedge her bets. I'm very interested to see what she says about RTE now.

So unwilling to take a stand and now he flips town

Interesting indeed

Ping for overjustifying your vote. It's fairly clear that RTE is going to be the lynch today, no need to act like you're carefully deliberating over it when your vote puts him at, what... L-2? Not sure lemme check.

But yeah Cloud did the same thing day 1 when voting for RTE. A lot of mafia tend to overjustify their vote when they're worried about it standing out.

Overjustifying? Thats a scary word. I think rambling is a better one. It something I tend to do when I'm tired. And in this case if mafia really wanted to slide by undectected, they'd just put a one or two liner, since as you pointed out 'its fairly clear that RTE is going to be the lynch today'.

This post also sends her up my list. She even slips in that part about as mafia she could of done it better

I dunno , it bugs me

Kronos, why don't you just vote for RTE (or Madness)? Placing a vote on Cyan or Maw is kinda useless now.

The DL's not just yet ya know. There's still plenty of time to start other competing trains so votes on other people arent useless.

Seems strange that she defends maw in this especially when he is advocating starting a lynch on her.

Might be something there. Will have to do a more detailed case there later methinks

Time

Also near the end of Darthes lynch on D1

i find how much maddy knows something as odd for a first time player like some others and i have to agree with the reasoning that if she were town and it's her first game, she more than likely wouldn't know as much as she claimed on Day 1...

vote suchmadness

Seems solid though

However she doesn't appear again and that annoys me

Krak votes Maddy

I like krak this game. I'm happy to leave him be for now

WKB votes cyan

Gets some flac for not following the crowd. Chuckles is sure to point out that the RTE train, for all it's speed, is stalling

I've seen him play a lot scummier but things that bug me are he didnt vote at all D1 and then doesn't help much today.

If you needed a day to distance from someone, today would be the day.

He also had an excuse with Cyan getting called out

But, like I said earlier, cyan kinda defends WKB being able to vote elsewhere

It bothers me. Niggles at the back of my brain

Luc was on RTE D1

Not today but that's explain in the vote post

Hmm I'm not so sure about RTE right now, all the talk about Maddy knowing too much is making me suspicious. I am new, so new I'm still sparkling, and have no clue what is going on let alone know "mafia speak" as you guys say. I find myself floundering and trying to read all the posts to make sense of everything lol

but yeah Maddy is suspicious in my opinion, such as it is.

So Vote : suchmadness

I'm content to let luc sit and enjoy the experience that is mafia

Dav

Now here's one that bugs me

Failed to vote D1

For being a first time player Maddy seems to have picked up the game rather quickly. This is my 3rd time playing and I'm still very confused.

RTE's actions at the start of the game were not needed in a mafia game and many people feel like his actions were scummy. It is also interesting to see once you put in Darthe's actions as well. He could have been protecting a team mate. I don't understand why he would do this since it just painted a bigger target on RTE. A part of me feels like he picked someone that wasn't on his team to buddy up with to make our next lynch a town one. There is also RTE's change in strategy to look at. He almost stopped posting after so much spam.

I'm a bit hesitant to do this because there is the chance Darthe just buddied up to him to get us to lynch him but I don't want a random person selected by heart so vote RTE

He drops it and goes.

The post itself doesn't bother me. It's the fact that he has been so quiet till now then leaves again. Plus he highlights the fact he is new (and it's not his first game)

Anyway. Low on the list but there

And that's that's

Scummy players

Maddy

Cloud

Chuckles

Tina

Cyan

Raz

Sorry it took so long

Fell asleep last night and couldn't be bothered for most of today lol

A man after my own heart.

Cyan is pinging. Seems to doing 'just enough', if you catch the meaning. The fact that I didn't notice her till now says a lot, to me at any rate.

Krak is quiet. I'm still waiting for him to spin.

In the rubble of RTE flipping town, maddy is the next obvious target. I am wondering though, there have been a lot of 'obvious' targets this game, no? 

Darthe was easy yes

RTE was pretty easy

Maddy is easy

I don't believe Maddy was related, but the other two were linked (until the flip lol)

I dunno. Until Maddy has actually posted something (it's getting to the point of needed replacing) she is in need of a lynching

Dav

Now here's one that bugs me

Failed to vote D1

For being a first time player Maddy seems to have picked up the game rather quickly. This is my 3rd time playing and I'm still very confused.

RTE's actions at the start of the game were not needed in a mafia game and many people feel like his actions were scummy. It is also interesting to see once you put in Darthe's actions as well. He could have been protecting a team mate. I don't understand why he would do this since it just painted a bigger target on RTE. A part of me feels like he picked someone that wasn't on his team to buddy up with to make our next lynch a town one. There is also RTE's change in strategy to look at. He almost stopped posting after so much spam.

I'm a bit hesitant to do this because there is the chance Darthe just buddied up to him to get us to lynch him but I don't want a random person selected by heart so vote RTE

He drops it and goes.

The post itself doesn't bother me. It's the fact that he has been so quiet till now then leaves again. Plus he highlights the fact he is new (and it's not his first game)

Anyway. Low on the list but there

I missed the first vote because I was out of town for a wedding and at work the day the lynch happened.  A lot of the game I miss during the day so I have to play catch up when I get home.  I will try and be more active since this week is a short one for me.

Archived