DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Pokemon Mafia III: The Treasure of Heart Island--GAME OVER--TOWN WIN

Aiel Heart

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hmm I'm not so sure about RTE right now, all the talk about Maddy knowing too much is making me suspicious. I am new, so new I'm still sparkling, and have no clue what is going on let alone know "mafia speak" as you guys say. I find myself floundering and trying to read all the posts to make sense of everything lol

but yeah Maddy is suspicious in my opinion, such as it is.

So Vote : suchmadness

Ley strutted along the beach, pacing, too much going on in his head to focus on the game going on nearby. In his distracted state, he did not notice the kelp laying on the beach. He slipped on it and hit his head on a rock, his pokeball flying through the air.

"Hariyama, take Ley to the castle. Peace, pick up that pokeball. You'll be filling in."

Peace, one of Mistress Heart's staff, picked up the pokeball and stepped into the circle of the game.

Peace will be replacing Ley

Official Vote Count

With 21 alive, it takes 11 to lynch

RTE (9): Chuckles, Razen, BG, Cloud, Hallia, berf, Mawth, Tina, Cyan

Madness (6): Panchi, Despo, RTE, WoT13, Krak, Luc

Ley (1): Piano

Cyan (1): Kronos

Not voting: Dav, madness, Hisoka, peace

Okay then, pressure to vote...

Due to suspicion...

VOTE SUCHMADNESS (I know it is supposed to be red and bold but I cannot find a way to do that on my phone!!!!

If you could make an exception...

I think this should work?

I'm not really sure though because I have never voted on a phone before. You should ask Dap for help; he knows these kinds of things.

Okay thanks!

... Why didn't you vote then? Your vote still isn't being counted...

There wasn't a VC in the time between your posts I don't believe, but still it would have been prudent to use the code to make sure your vote was counted, and to familiarize yourself with how to vote on a mobile.

I have played with you many times, Des. That doesn´t mean that I remember exactely how you play or actually know your meta at all. My memory is really bad. There are only a few people that I can actually read properly. Don´t like those argument. 

That said. I like your points about Cloud and Cyan and also your scum list in the next post.

Fair enough, I figured you would have remembered that element of my scum meta.

Not sure about it but sure enough to vote him. You and Maw both at it eh...

vote cyan

I could really go with you or maw actually.

While I agree that Cyan needs looking at soon, this vote doesn't help town at all today, and considering that the deadline is fast approaching, this is an anti-town move. Not a scummy move, but do you really think you could convince 10 more people to vote Cyan before the deadline, considering how sold many are on either RTE's or Maddy's scumminess?

Kronos, why don't you just vote for RTE (or Madness)? Placing a vote on Cyan or Maw is kinda useless now.

Sorry I don't follow the crowd.

:dry:

Then it's clear you have no intention of trying to help town win by lynching scum. One player can't lynch someone on their own, they NEED to convince a majority to join them or else join the majority if they want to help secure a lynch.

This kind of statement makes it seem like you have a solo-win condition or something man. This isn't Rebel Without a Cause, and you aren't James Dean. A little conformity isn't the worst thing in mafia.

I find it kind of weird that two people have both commented on the speed of rte's train and are unsure...and then vote him.

fair enough but as you notice, the train has stalled again

Just because more people aren't voting for RTE doesn't mean the train has stalled. The sudden rush of votes on him at the start of the day might have thrown you off, but all the other votes on Maddy seem pretty justified as she has decided to stop posting in here altogether.

A train hasn't really "stalled" until someone on it removes their vote imo.

Ping for overjustifying your vote. It's fairly clear that RTE is going to be the lynch today, no need to act like you're carefully deliberating over it when your vote puts him at, what... L-2? Not sure lemme check.

But yeah Cloud did the same thing day 1 when voting for RTE. A lot of mafia tend to overjustify their vote when they're worried about it standing out.

Overjustifying? Thats a scary word. I think rambling is a better one. It something I tend to do when I'm tired. And in this case if mafia really wanted to slide by undectected, they'd just put a one or two liner, since as you pointed out 'its fairly clear that RTE is going to be the lynch today'.

The smart move would be to drop a vote like that, if you didn't want the vote to stand out and it was looking like that lynch would happen anyways. But a not-quite-as-experienced player would probably feel more apprehension about it standing out, and so might be more likely to overjustify, or "ramble" as you put it. Sorry, but you still qualify as a "not-quite-as-experienced" player to me still.

unvote, vote RTE

no reaction from Maddy so move on next on suspicion list. Maddy can be voted another day.

:huh:

Bleurgh. Why? This is a pretty poor reason to remove a vote off of someone. If Maddy really has been active on DM recently, then this seems to indicate that either A) she's flustered about getting trained and that frustration has kept her from posting, or B) she's mafia and her team told her to lay low, and that RTE would be lynched as long as she didn't implicate herself further. I find option B far more likely.

Hopefully AH won't count it cause of coding fail :tongue:

Right

Here is what I think to basically all it today (I've been busy through basically all of it)

Also

unvote

Atleast peace will be active

Anyway

Whelp. Looks like I was wrong about Ithi.

the trick is to wait to see if Turin gets NKed. If he does its normally her doing cos he reads her well. However both died last night

I'm somewhat conflicted on RTE. I keep swaying in both directions. I had a derptown read on him from yesterday, but Darthe's move could have def been an attempt to derail a lynch on a townie.

Explain. Cos that would only give mafia town cred if that town player was killed or lynched at a later point. Furthermore Darthe was mafia and a very good mod. He would be pretty clued up about there being two mafia teams IMO. So why would he risk it when it could be the other mafia team.

Makes no sense to be

Then when I noticed the people still pushing his lynch, it gave me an even stronger town read on him (this is before the two teams thing was confirmed, mind you). Then he starts going into lurkmode when it seems the heat has passed off of him. This made me doubt the read I had on him. (note- Ithi's flip also made me doubt my town read on him as well, since her flip flop on his alignment looked to me like scum backpedaling) so how does her flip flopping reflect on him now? It's irrelevant. What is more this whole paragraph is all about your flip flopping.

So why do you find someone else doing exactly what you are doing scummy?

Yea you are starting to ping

However, the extremely quick bandwagon on him once again makes me hesitant to vote him. cos he might be town? He has played scummy and even if he is town his lynch wagon will give info. Especially since there is a Maddy competing train

No way all those bandwagon votes on him are all townies imo. No way all votes on anyone with a large train are all town in any game

All of this is just subtly discrediting his lynch

Plus if he is mafia wouldn't it be a good idea for some of him teammates to be on his train early? Especially with Him being a very likely lynch for the day

Has to be some scum in there.

Then again, the whole two teams thing makes quick bandwagons less of a town tell on someone as it is in normal games.

and here is a bit more of flip flopping on your part

Lastly I decided that there are already a ton of votes on him, and that honestly mine wouldn't really be needed in order to add more pressure. Plus, he already claimed, and tucked his tail between his legs, so I doubt we'll get any info out of him.

So in the hopes of creating some competing trains for more info, and because Maddy is still easily my highest scum candidate, I will Vote Suchmadness.

I agree with voting Maddy for competing train though

Cloud and hally, you two still havent given any reason on your votes

I shall dub thee pot

3 votes with little to no reasoning

When I wake up I want reasons

So that's where you ask for reasons (I notice your play has changed a bit today, trying to be much more actively doing things. I approve to the sentiment. Don't knew what I think the motivations are yet though)

Also why not include yourself in this?

Here is your reason

vote RTE

A little too quiet for someone who spent the better half of D1 spamming/goingemo/defending himself

So he's too quiet? During a night phase? That's a tell for you now?

And I know you can't be talking about D2 cos look at the time stamps

Days hardly started

(Also gives you a way to wriggle out of your vote if need be later)

Oh look who appears, this is starting to feel contrived

I haven't had wifi much at all in the last two dats and just caught up on 12 pages.

I see 0 reason to need to post at night. If I was around and spammed anyway you would have all lynched me in real life. :tongue: Also since I'm at a workshop all week I didn't really have a choice.

I think it's sad and hilarious how mafia set this up.

Also surprised no one died from either team. why? Killing Ithi puts a huge FOS on me and Turin was her no.1 fan (well, and Dap). that FOS would hardly of changed if she was still alive. Love how you are twisting the NKs to your own ends

And if I was one of her no. 1 fans how come it doesn't put a FOS on me?

My play changed from page 12 and I expected it to. You all should have as well.

why? Were you planning to change it on that page? Why should I an everyone else expect your play to randomly change?

It's easy for the votes to pile up on me because I'm not on either team. Safe vote for both team. At this rate the game will end with Mafia vs. Mafia. at this rate? You mean lynching a mafia during the day and having two NKs? They will eventually hit each other. At this rate we are doing well

Stop trying to scare people

I had a huge scum read on Madness based on her play Day 1 and its complete and overt lack of explanation. I let it go because it was Day 1 but your noob pass is up. Vote Madness.

I think you misunderstand the noob pass. You don't let stuff go. Yu just don't lynch or kill them day 1

Cloud and hally, you two still havent given any reason on your votes

Have you skimmed through the whole of Day 1 or something?! Sheesh.. I will give some extra thoughts once I had some breakfast. I see that RTE has now started distancing from his teammate though.

Interesting reaction.

You get called out and instantly start calling the other person scummy

It's also weird a chuckles is pedalling the vote thing so hard but atleast he's trying

because that will be stating the obvious. look at my play from Day 1. me voting for any other player than RTE would seem weird.

Oh goody :)

Clouds appearances in the game are more important than actual reads

Scummy scummy scummy

Fair enough

What on earth is that? Fair enough?

Speaking of contrived gameplay

So you're saying you're voting for me because voting for anyone else would reflect poorly on yourself after how hard you tunneled me on day 1? That's what I take from your last three posts.

thank you RTE. someone needed to call cloud out on that

Lol can you go and die already? starting to sweat a tad there cloud?

And no, I said that it would seem weird if I voted for someone else because Chuckles was questioning my current vote on you. No. You explained your reason for voting RTE not for why you didn't change your vote. You made a mistake and slipped upI have cased both you and Darthe during Day 1 and so my current vote without any added reason shouldn't seem off to people.

so it was the perfect vote for a mafia player to make? No suspicion at all

Vote RTE

??

i see no reasoning here, its just you voting, you didnt even say for previously stated reasons or anything

I´m also going to vote RTE.

Ithi and RTE had that back and forth yesterday (with Player cheering on). Then during the night it was Des and Ithi who had some word duel. It looks like Des is trying to protect RTE.

Especially now with his subtle jabs at the RTE train

Yesterday I agreed a lot with him and couldn´t make up my mind if I thought RTE was mafia or not. But now that Ithi flipped town and Des is still trying to protect RTE I´m more inclined to believe that RTE is mafia. Hope that makes sense.

plus he admits to doing exactly what he called ithi out for doing

Vote RTE

I´m also suspicious of Maddy, Player and Des.

And I thought you liked me

I had a huge scum read on Madness based on her play Day 1 and its complete and overt lack of explanation. I let it go because it was Day 1 but your noob pass is up. Vote Madness.

So it has nothing to do with the fact that she's the only competing train?

Lol

I like you krak

Ley has asked to be replaced

Thank god

Now anyone else with very low post counts should also up their game

Hmmmmm.

I can't make up my mind about RTE. From his drastic change in play style and attitude I think I'm leaning more mafia. But he just said we all should of expected a change in play style? /sarcasm

The whole spammy, distracting thing was suspicious but not overly condemning, though there soft claims laced throughout. Claiming is not a soft claim

But the fact that he gave up the whole 'lynch me for info' angle and started playing properly and trying to avoid notice perhaps? after Darthe took attention off of him makes it just that much more suspicious than it was before. He also seemed to know more than he shoud in regards to Darthe's claim. That one post in particular really stood out but uh Im not going to look for it. What I don't get though is if they were scum mates, RTE was pretty obviously going down, weather today or in the next few, so why sacrifice Darthe? Is it that important that he lives another day? Darthe didnt really seem to want to play as mafia though so maybe he didnt mind risking it. The other options dont seem as plausable. It doesnt make sense for Darthe to do what he did if he was trying to frame RTE, and nothing in mafia is ever just coincidence. But then the speed of his trains, both times, cant just be townies voting, though the two team mafia throws that off a bit.

this is a copy of what despo said

Regardless, I think he's the right choice for today. This is going to continue being an issue and distracting from other things until resolved. Simplest way to do that is to lynch RTE.

So. Vote RTE.

Foot, meet mouth. I mixed up you and cloud. Apologies. I assure you it won't be the last time I mix up people in this game, i'm highly prone to it.

Check your facts before you say things about people or mention that you weren't sure who was the one that did it

Stops sloppy play that does

What an incredibly odd way to phrase his sentiments here. Cloud, it appears you're much more concerned with how your vote would be perceived than with actually voting for who you think is scum.

My scum read on you keeps growing stronger.

+1

I´m also going to vote RTE.

Ithi and RTE had that back and forth yesterday (with Player cheering on). Then during the night it was Des and Ithi who had some word duel. It looks like Des is trying to protect RTE. Yesterday I agreed a lot with him and couldn´t make up my mind if I thought RTE was mafia or not. But now that Ithi flipped town and Des is still trying to protect RTE I´m more inclined to believe that RTE is mafia. Hope that makes sense.

Vote RTE

I´m also suspicious of Maddy, Player and Des.

this post just gets all kinds of scummy now

I agree with you about the other two on your last reads, but you are wrong in my case. You know me well enough to know that my policy as mafia is to bus first, ask questions later. so bringing in your own meta

Also you have been kinda doing just that. Just enough to make me lol when you said it Of course it's feasible that I might put my neck on the line to defend someone if their skill level merited it, but to be frank if I was mafia and RTE was my teammate, I would've left him out to paddle on his own a while ago. people seem to think that's a scummy line "as mafia I wouldn't do what I did"

I don't mind it, mainly cos I do it all the time but thought I'd point it out for the lolz And his lynch looked inevitable anyways. and that's why Darthe came to his defence? He wanted to die as mafia. Why would he try to get town credit and go through all that just to die?

Which is something that I keep getting flustered about. Darthe in general hasn't been that great in games lately, but he's still intelligent enough to know that pulling that stunt would only have delayed RTE's lynch, if he really was trying to derail a teammate's lynch. Basically I'm having a hard time justifying in my head that Darthe is THAT bad as scum lately. same as above. How does him doing that for RTE if RTE is town make sense?

Ley has asked to be replaced

He's asked to be replaced in the last 3 games I've been in with him. I didn't say anything before, but I completely expected for it to happen again.

i was kinda hoping it would to. I didn't feel like wasting a lynch on policy lynching inactives today

cyans post

Ping for overjustifying your vote. It's fairly clear that RTE is going to be the lynch today, no need to act like you're carefully deliberating over it when your vote puts him at, what... L-2? Not sure lemme check.

you know she copied your reasoning for a bunch of that post right?

But yeah Cloud did the same thing day 1 when voting for RTE. A lot of mafia tend to overjustify their vote when they're worried about it standing out.

It's a nasty habit of mafia

The best part is when they go as far to do a separate post to explain

Looks like we got 9 votes on RTE, 4 on Maddy unless AH counts Hisoka's vote. Still got a few peeps not voting, a couple of them have been somewhat inactive, WBK and Krak need to get their vote on record however. WBK saying he wants to look into Maw's post looks like stalling, there's extremely low chance that Maw could get a train on him today. It's gonna be either RTE or Maddy, and more than likely RTE will hang. your defence on him will be interesting in light of his flip Krak came in to fos RTE somewhat, yet withheld his vote.

I still think Maddy is by far the scummiest of the two, and since being called out for her suspiciously quick learning curve, she first got defensive, then stopped posting altogether. yea I want to hear from maddy

My scum list as of now:

Maddy, Cloud, Cyan, Dap

Tina that was a very large post that you quoted for very little response.

@tina

I think he's trying to say only quote a little of a post. Just the stuff you need to replay to

And I agree with him. It's a waste if space and time to quote that entire post (which I look through to see if you replied to anything specific ) and just have you make a general comment

@Despo:

Ehm you might want to go and read the thread again because I voted for RTE with my first post in this game and haven’t even unvoted from then. and that makes it ok? I have kept pushing for RTE’s lynch since the start of the game because I firmly believe that he’s mafia, so from the start you thought he was mafia? so your believe that I’m more concerned how my votes look like instead of voting who I believe is scum doesn’t hold true at all. how does that mean it doesn't hold true? You said that your vote would look weird on anyone else. That means you stopped to think of how it would look to vote anyone else My earlier posts that you found to be pinging were in reply to Chuckles and how he was questioning my vote on RTE and said that I provided no reasoning for it, while I did do so during Day 1 and I think I don’t have to keep repeating the same things over and over. it took a long time for you on day 1 to provide that. Quotes in the spoiler tag below I have been one of the most vocal players in going after RTE, so yeah it would seem weird if I suddenly changed my mind and voted for someone else right now. that doesn't mean you have to vote him And can you please show where I overjustified my vote on RTE? Because like I said, I voted for him since the start of the game and my suspicions regarding him this game only grew stronger as the game went on. how can it grow when you said you firmly believed he was mafia from the start?

I'm here!

Vote RTE

Wow. What a pile of pokepoo.

RTE, somewhere in that mess you stated something along the lines of "last game I tried my best town game and got lynched anyway. So I thought I would go with this." What game was that referring?

If someone else could find the quote I would be appreciative.

I think he was referencing to Kronos' Assassin's Creed game in Thak, where he was mafia but in his opinion still played a good townie game.

I'm still comfortable with my vote on RTE.

I still think that he is mafia though.

To summarize why I think that RTE is mafia:

It looked like he was burrying his game related posts with too much spam; he claimed Vanilla way too early; he soft claimed his Pokemon with his first in game post; he mentioned that he wants to help give town info, but now he is defending himself saying that he wouldn't play like this if he was mafia ("if he had a PR or is mafia he is insane").

RTE, somewhere in that mess you stated something along the lines of "last game I tried my best town game and got lynched anyway. So I thought I would go with this." What game was that referring?

Assassin's Creed Mafia in Thak. But he was mafia in that game. That was another point I wanted to make. I feel like RTE is purposelfully playing against how he did last game as WIFOM.

Clever but no. From now on as a PR or mafia ill just lurk like everyone else *thumbs up*. That being said you did well being active and a PR

again defending his current playstyle.

The more RTE posts his emo "I'm going to die anyway" posts the more I think he is mafia.

Well as vanilla town I'd rather die in a blaze of information than get nked

well then go die in a blaze of info.

The more RTE posts his emo "I'm going to die anyway" posts the more I think he is mafia.

Problem is, when you set yourself on fire, the information becomes useless because people all have a good reason to vote you. Heck, sheer annoyance policy lynch is a fair enough reason.

Annoyance policy lynching is lazy town wasting a day. Only helps Mafia. No one lynched peace for the FAKE bloody PR.

more defending.

Annoyance policy lynching is lazy town wasting a day. Only helps Mafia. No one lynched peace for the FAKE bloody PR.

Same could be said about policy lynching inactives. Point is, people do it because it reinforces better mafia playing.

In anycase, Unvote. What you said about going down in a blaze of information makes me believe you a little bit. I think it is misguided and your approach was faulty, but live and learn.

this unvote from BG seems off to me.

Near the beginning didn't dap say something like "lynch me and I can replace"? Would that not be soft claiming vanilla town? Did he also call out RTE for soft claiming vanilla town or say claiming vanilla town D1 was poor play?

That would be hypocritical IMO.

Again any quote aid would be appreciated.

thats some good info regarding Dap. I almost forgot about that quote.

unvote RTE

Too obvious in his game play

But that could be his ploy also

that was a really fast vote and then unvote from maddy. it seems off to me, but it could just be her being a new player.

I haven't heard from SuchMadness today. I'd like to hear from her, preferably before RTE is lynched.

Agreed

So much

@Despo: 

Ehm you might want to go and read the thread again because I voted for RTE with my first post in this game and haven’t even unvoted from then. I have kept pushing for RTE’s lynch since the start of the game because I firmly believe that he’s mafia, so your believe that I’m more concerned how my votes look like instead of voting who I believe is scum doesn’t hold true at all. My earlier posts that you found to be pinging were in reply to Chuckles and how he was questioning my vote on RTE and said that I provided no reasoning for it, while I did do so during Day 1 and I think I don’t have to keep repeating the same things over and over. I have been one of the most vocal players in going after RTE, so yeah it would seem weird if I suddenly changed my mind and voted for someone else right now. And can you please show where I overjustified my vote on RTE? Because like I said, I voted for him since the start of the game and my suspicions regarding him this game only grew stronger as the game went on.

The earlier posts that I found to be pinging was your WoT cases on RTE. His play was obviously anti-town, so there really wasn't any need to do this huge case on him.

Either way, what I was pointing out was that your phrasing, which I already bolded, seemed to indicate itself that you were concerned with how your vote looked. I know you were all against RTE day 1. When replying to Chuckles, you could have just said you stated clearly why you thought he was scum the previous day, and didn't feel it necessary to restate your reasons. I certainly didn't think it necessary, so I thought Chuckles questioning of your vote didn't make much sense, as anyone paying attention would have clearly remembered you going so hard against RTE previously.

But instead, you said that your vote shouldn't look weird, and that it would be weird for you to vote anyone else. It was really odd phrasing, you've already been pinging me, so I felt it necessary to point it out.

Oh and look, you did it again:

I have been one of the most vocal players in going after RTE, so yeah it would seem weird if I suddenly changed my mind and voted for someone else right now.

Why would a townie be concerned with how "weird" it looked if they changed their mind? There's all kinds of reasons for someone to change their minds in this game, you should be more concerned with who you CURRENTLY think is scum, then how weird it would look if you changed tracks.

And here was the post that I thought was overjustifying:

To summarize why I think that RTE is mafia: 

It looked like he was burrying his game related posts with too much spam; he claimed Vanilla way too early; he soft claimed his Pokemon with his first in game post; he mentioned that he wants to help give town info, but now he is defending himself saying that he wouldn't play like this if he was mafia ("if he had a PR or is mafia he is insane").

Assassin's Creed Mafia in Thak. But he was mafia in that game. That was another point I wanted to make. I feel like RTE is purposelfully playing against how he did last game as WIFOM.

Clever but no. From now on as a PR or mafia ill just lurk like everyone else *thumbs up*. That being said you did well being active and a PR

again defending his current playstyle. 

well then go die in a blaze of info. 

Problem is, when you set yourself on fire, the information becomes useless because people all have a good reason to vote you. Heck, sheer annoyance policy lynch is a fair enough reason.

more defending.

Same could be said about policy lynching inactives. Point is, people do it because it reinforces better mafia playing.

In anycase, Unvote. What you said about going down in a blaze of information makes me believe you a little bit. I think it is misguided and your approach was faulty, but live and learn.

this unvote from BG seems off to me. 

Near the beginning didn't dap say something like "lynch me and I can replace"? Would that not be soft claiming vanilla town? Did he also call out RTE for soft claiming vanilla town or say claiming vanilla town D1 was poor play?

That would be hypocritical IMO.

Again any quote aid would be appreciated.

thats some good info regarding Dap. I almost forgot about that quote.

unvote RTE

Too obvious in his game play

But that could be his ploy also

that was a really fast vote and then unvote from maddy. it seems off to me, but it could just be her being a new player.

There were also several other posts of yours that seemed to strongly encourage a fast lynch on RTE, which is a huge ping for me early on day 1. Speedlynches are bad for town that day above all others.

Running audit now, bbl.

cyans post

Not sure about it but sure enough to vote him. You and Maw both at it eh...vote cyan

Speaking of people not editing quotes down

Kronos, why don't you just vote for RTE (or Madness)? Placing a vote on Cyan or Maw is kinda useless now.

Why can't someone vote elsewhere? There is still enough time that we don't need to consolidate.

He is allowed to pressure whom ever he wants

I find it kind of weird that two people have both commented on the speed of rte's train and are unsure...and then vote him.

That's fair. In my opinion that just means that the other mafia team might be looking for an easy lynch too. If there were only 1 team, I'd say we could learn from that, but its hard to say with 2 teams.

There is still lots of info to be gained. Just another layer to consider. That's all

And you seem annoyed by that

That's how I role (spelling pun intended)Seriously, I tend to be wary of trains that build that fast especially with a couple of people just votingwhy? You can use fast trains for pressure and info and its day two

(cloud I did get your explanation though).Someone else stated this already, but cyan is trying to overly justify a vote in someone she's not certain of...why my preferred vote is on cyan rather than maw.

Ill be interested to see where you fall when consolidation starts to happen

I bet you wait till you have no choice so people can't read into it at all (or atleast you hope they can't)

I'd also like to point out that Maddy and RTE have posted in other areas of DM within the last 12 hours. Just sayin.

I stalked them too and saw that

Not acceptable IMO

Ping for overjustifying your vote. It's fairly clear that RTE is going to be the lynch today, no need to act like you're carefully deliberating over it when your vote puts him at, what... L-2? Not sure lemme check. But yeah Cloud did the same thing day 1 when voting for RTE. A lot of mafia tend to overjustify their vote when they're worried about it standing out.

Overjustifying? Thats a scary word. I think rambling is a better one. It something I tend to do when I'm tired. And in this case if mafia really wanted to slide by undectected, they'd just put a one or two liner, since as you pointed out 'its fairly clear that RTE is going to be the lynch today'.
You are right that that's all they have to do. But they get skittish so they often feel they need to add just a little more

Just like to point out that's how you edit a post to reply. Well done cyan

Hmm I'm not so sure about RTE right now, all the talk about Maddy knowing too much is making me suspicious. I am new, so new I'm still sparkling, and have no clue what is going on let alone know "mafia speak" as you guys say. if you dont understand any terms just ask and we can explain them for youI find myself floundering and trying to read all the posts to make sense of everything lol but yeah Maddy is suspicious in my opinion, such as it is. So Vote : suchmadness

unvote, vote RTE no reaction from Maddy so move on next on suspicion list. Maddy can be voted another day.

So no reaction means stop the pressure? You should be doing the exact opposite and applying more pressure

I don't like this post at all

Sweet, Peace is coming in :biggrin: Do yourself a favor Peace, skip about the first 10-15 pages. Spamfest and uneventful bickering.

Why on earth would he do that? There was a lot of interesting info in those pages

What is more RTE drastically changed his play style (page 12 by his own admission)

So you are telling the new player to skip all of RTEs bad play, when he is the main candidate for lynch.

Just another way to try stop the RTE lynch

Not sure about it but sure enough to vote him. You and Maw both at it eh...

vote cyan

While I agree that Cyan needs looking at soon, this vote doesn't help town at all today, and considering that the deadline is fast approaching, this is an anti-town move. Not a scummy move, but do you really think you could convince 10 more people to vote Cyan before the deadline, considering how sold many are on either RTE's or Maddy's scumminess?

check time stamp

Sorry I don't follow the crowd.

Then it's clear you have no intention of trying to help town win by lynching scum. One player can't lynch someone on their own, they NEED to convince a majority to join them or else join the majority if they want to help secure a lynch.

This kind of statement makes it seem like you have a solo-win condition or something man. This isn't Rebel Without a Cause, and you aren't James Dean. A little conformity isn't the worst thing in mafia.

Just because more people aren't voting for RTE doesn't mean the train has stalled. The sudden rush of votes on him at the start of the day might have thrown you off, but all the other votes on Maddy seem pretty justified as she has decided to stop posting in here altogether.

A train hasn't really "stalled" until someone on it removes their vote imo.

like Panchi just did with Maddy? That's a train that shouldn't be stalling

unvote, vote RTE

no reaction from Maddy so move on next on suspicion list. Maddy can be voted another day.

:huh:

Bleurgh. Why? This is a pretty poor reason to remove a vote off of someone. If Maddy really has been active on DM recently, then this seems to indicate that either A) she's flustered about getting trained and that frustration has kept her from posting, or B) she's mafia and her team told her to lay low, and that RTE would be lynched as long as she didn't implicate herself further. I find option B far more likely. Hopefully AH won't count it cause of coding fail :tongue:

I agree, hopefully it isn't counted cos that train needs to keep up there competing with RTE

The info will be much better

vote maddy

For competing trains, being a likely mafia, and avoiding a thread when the heat is on to try live longer

Uh oh, battle of the WoT's lol.

Once I finish audit I can respond to a few of your points individually Dap, but I must say those last few posts don't do much to make me less suspicious of you.

This game you've been kinda like the kid trying to cajole two other kids into fighting by going "Did you hear what he said about YOUR MOM?! Oh snap!"

I wasn't trying to appear less suspicious to you

Say what you will but this kid was a contributing factor to darthes lynch

(I was possibly the first to point out that RTE set up darthes claim as well )

I wasn't saying you were, I was just stating my feelings about you atm.

And I thought the "RTE setting up Darthe's claim" thing was a stretch. Seems way too obvious imo. Honestly, if RTE ends up eventually flipping as Darthe's teammate, I will seriously have to stop underestimating how poor Darthe's mafia playing has become.

I misread the deadline and thought that I will not be able get on again before the end of Day and so voted RTE as he had more chance of lynch. I believe that Maddy is scum. I was not trying to back off from her train but to push for RTE's lynch and then voting for her on Day 3 as at this time more people are concentrated on RTE lynch. Code fail means that my vote stays on Maddy though I may unvote and vote RTE if two people don't vote for him soon.

I dont think it was fully inrentional. I think thet would of talked about in on the QT annd RTE accidentally mmentioned it on thread kinda thing

anyway has either mmaddy orRTE been online at all tody?

Eh that's possible. But I dunno if RTE would make a bad slip like that; I've seen him actually play pretty well in other games, for a relatively new player. Thing is, when he called someone out for rolefishing, it was an extreme stretch, since we so seldom see day-power roles, especially investigative ones, which is the only thing someone could have been "rolefishing" for on day 1.

Honestly tho RTE could have just been following what Darthe said on the QT, after reading the WT from the Merlin game it seems Darthe has recently just been one of those "hay guyz lets claim something CRAY CRAY" type mafia players, which is kinda sad. And RTE could be one of those people that's good as town, but not quite as strong as mafia. I seem to remember one game, I think it was in Thak, where RTE was outed somewhat easily.

I misread the deadline and thought that I will not be able get on again before the end of Day and so voted RTE as he had more chance of lynch. I believe that Maddy is scum. I was not trying to back off from her train but to push for RTE's lynch and then voting for her on Day 3 as at this time more people are concentrated on RTE lynch. Code fail means that my vote stays on Maddy though I may unvote and vote RTE if two people don't vote for him soon.

RTE is close enough that if someone needs to hop over from the Maddy lynch, they'll have plenty of time to do so. I think he's still at L-2.

Kk, gonna respond to some of the stuff from Dap's WoT's, not gonna quote everything tho as that will just be awful for others to start trying to sort through, and the commenting in blue thing makes quoting an argument really complicated.

@dap: my reasons for voting RTE was that considering how active he was at the start of the game and all and by the end of D1 he went really quiet, and he didnt post much at night and he's been lurking D2, hence my vote.

And yet people still consider you the wall of text king lol

i thought red was the WoT queen?

@Dap: I have noticed that thing about Ithi. When she's scum and Turin's town, she almost always convinces her team to kill him first. Not sure if it's just that he can read her so well (I've heard her say that), I'm thinking it might partially be from tradition and because maybe she just doesn't like the possibility of having to lie to him. Which is slightly funny, cause I've seen her say that she doesn't let anything like bonds or friendships affect her gameplay in mafia lol

The sentence where I said "Darthe's move could have def been an attempt to derail a train on a townie" I meant to say teammate, not townie.

Most of the rest of your stuff against that first post of mine that you quoted has to do with me fence-sitting on RTE, and I completely admit that I am on the fence concerning his alignment. Had a derptown read yesterday, but the confirmation of two teams, Darthe's flip, Ithi's flip as town (I figured her flip flop on his alignment was scum backpedaling), and his 180 in posting style from yesterday to today completely made me rethink my position on his alignment. The main reason I'm still waffling concerning his scumminess is how obviously of a bad play it would be for Darthe to do what he did to try and save a teammate.

Your "No way all votes on anyone with a large train are all town in any game" is a completely absurd statement. There are many times when indecisive scum don't know whether to bus a teammate or jump on an early train on a townie. There is literally no stance for that statement. A train could be all town, or mostly scum. Usually the speed in which it develops gives some indication as to which it might be (unless it was provoked by an investigative role viewing of course).

Speaking of flip flopping, there are several times in your posts that you go from arguing that being uncertain about RTE's scumminess is questionable, while also questioning other's reasons for voting RTE (see your points against Chuckle's vote). Talk about complete contradiction.

"Fair enough" is BGspeak. Kinda like Chinese except not at all.

I agree with, and already said many of the same type of things, some of your points against Cloud. However, your "starting to sweat a tad there Cloud?" is one of those comments I was referring to before, you've come off as an instigator this game several times. Early on you did it with Ithi and RTE, and other players if I remember correctly, last night you were doing it with me and Ithi (tried taking each of our sides at different points, calling the other scummy, buddying up to two different townies arguing with eachother is overplaying your hand imo), and now it looks like you're trying to provoke reactions from a slew of other players as well. Never seen you this... instigatory? Is that a word?

Your responses to Tina's post DEF look like a buddying attempt to me.

Lol @ your rebukement of Maw for "sloppy play". Mixing up two different players is fairly common, isn't that big a deal bro. I know you've done it many times.

Meta is definitely relevant in games, and people that know me know that my policy as scum is bus first, ask questions later. I do that on purpose because any indecisiveness on your part when a teammate is on the hot seat could easily end up leading to you being on the hot seat as well. I'm not saying I would NEVER try to defend a teammate, but in general I've been very open about this part of my meta for a long time. If a teammate slips up, I'll be one of the first leaders on their lynch most likely. I do this also because I like to keep my town and mafia meta as similar as possible; not calling out obviously sketchy behavior would lead others to feeling I'm off my meta.

I don't think Darthe's move would make any sense whether or not RTE was his teammate. It was just a bad play period. But it makes even less sense that he would do so to protect a teammate imo, since him putting his neck on the line would only strengthen town's resolve in lynching RTE once he flipped scum.

Lol @ another case of hypocrisy on your part. Saying Tina should edit quotes down.... you realize most of the time you comment on almost every part of a person's quote, instead of responding to the parts that are most relevant? I wouldn't exactly call you a thrifty editor.

Oh mai Gott speak of the devil. You congratulate Cyan for "en edit well done", and then almost immediately after you quote a huge WoT of mine and respond to the last bit (about AH not counting Panchi's coding fail vote). LAWLZ :laugh:

Most of that last WoT is you continuously chalking up the amount of info we can get from this or that... yadda yadda yadda. In a game with two mafia teams, lynch info is much more malleable. Not saying you can't glean any info from it, but it can also easily be used by respective scum teams to their own ends. But yeah, info this, info that in that last big post. We'll get info from how long it takes me to scratch my backside while crafting this post. TONS of info. Bucketloads even. You get the point.

One thing I didn't really get just about ANY info from was the first 10-15 pages. Anything that could have been gleaned was buried under so much spam and jargon that it went right back out of my cortex. But w/e, to each their own. We'll see if Peace gets any info from it.

Info Info Info

Oh and then after all that, and all the INFO!!!!(NOM NOM THAT INFO IS YUMMY!) that's apparently waiting for us once RTE flips (including info on my own alignment apparently :rolleyes:), you then VOTE FOR MADDY.

/gives up

Ugh. Why did I feel so compelled to respond to so much of Dap's jargon? Blech.

BT points to the first person to actually read everything I just wrote and stay interested throughout (besides Dap of course).

I'm still an Asha'man, right? I can still give out points? I think so.... hurry to get my remaining ones for June! (Is it still 20 for an Asha'man? Man I'm rusty)

Oh and then after all that, and all the INFO!!!!(NOM NOM THAT INFO IS YUMMY!) that's apparently waiting for us once RTE flips (including info on my own alignment apparently :rolleyes:), you then VOTE FOR MADDY.

/gives up

i dont understand what this is about

For those that don't want yummy nom nom BT points, I decided I can try and whittle this post down to the most relevant stuff:

Dap thinks info can be obtained from everywhere!!!! Info is falling out of the sky as we speak!!!! Go outside and open your mouths and collect that delicious yummy infonoms!!!!!!!!

Just kidding lol. Here it is fo realz:

@Dap: 

The sentence where I said "Darthe's move could have def been an attempt to derail a train on a townie" I meant to say teammate, not townie.

Most of the rest of your stuff against that first post of mine that you quoted has to do with me fence-sitting on RTE, and I completely admit that I am on the fence concerning his alignment.

Speaking of flip flopping, there are several times in your posts that you go from arguing that being uncertain about RTE's scumminess is questionable, while also questioning other's reasons for voting RTE (see your points against Chuckle's vote). Talk about complete contradiction.

I agree with, and already said many of the same type of things, some of your points against Cloud. However, your "starting to sweat a tad there Cloud?" is one of those comments I was referring to before, you've come off as an instigator this game several times. Early on you did it with Ithi and RTE, and other players if I remember correctly, last night you were doing it with me and Ithi, and now it looks like you're trying to provoke reactions from a slew of other players as well. Never seen you this... instigatory? Is that a word?

Your responses to Tina's post DEF look like a buddying attempt to me.

I don't think Darthe's move would make any sense whether or not RTE was his teammate. It was just a bad play period. But it makes even less sense that he would do so to protect a teammate imo, since him putting his neck on the line would only strengthen town's resolve in lynching RTE once he flipped scum.

Most of that last WoT is you continuously chalking up the amount of info we can get from this or that... yadda yadda yadda. In a game with two mafia teams, lynch info is much more malleable. Not saying you can't glean any info from it, but it can also easily be used by respective scum teams to their own ends.

I could probably edit a bit more out, but meh this is close enough. My favorite parts of this is where I pointed out Dap's instigatoriness (def a word, look it up), and where I point out Dap vomiting out the word info in his last WoT a ton.

Anddddd I'm probably being just a bit too silly right now hehe. Darn you Dap and your WoT's, get me all loopy just trying to go through them all!

:tongue:

/gives up

i dont understand what this is about

If you read Dap's WoT posts, he goes on several times about how much info can be obtained from RTE's flip. Then he votes Maddy.

I'm sure he'll state that he did so for competing trains, but this is sort of like placing a vote on someone and saying it's to "pressure them". Broadcasting your intentions in such a manner kinda defeats the point, especially when it seems like most of your stated intentions are the opposite of what you end up doing (he seems sold on RTE's scumminess, whereas his main gruff with Maddy seems to be her disappearance from the thread).

Archived