DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Pokemon Mafia III: The Treasure of Heart Island--GAME OVER--TOWN WIN

Aiel Heart

Just realized that Dap also had a coding fail with his vote as well, so AH can either count both coding fail votes (Panchi's and Dap's), which would put RTE at L-1 and Maddy at L-5, or count neither, which would have RTE at L-2 and Maddy at L-5 still (Dap would still need to place a vote, his unvote was coded correctly).

Panchi, if you make sure to state and possibly revote your vote onto Maddy, and Dap if you correctly code a vote on Maddy, that will put her at L-4 I believe. If WBK decides to get on board with his vote instead of trying to look like a rebel, we'll be that much closer in either train, and then we still need our inactive players not currently voting to weigh in.

The closer each of the trains are to hammering today, the more info we'll gain from whatever outcome happens at a later date once we see more flips from both mafia teams.

In other words, today is a rather important lynch. I highly doubt Maddy and RTE are on the same team, and it is definitely possible that they are both mafia on separate teams.

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@dap: my reasons for voting RTE was that considering how active he was at the start of the game and all and by the end of D1 he went really quiet, and he didnt post much at night and he's been lurking D2, hence my vote.

And yet people still consider you the wall of text king lol

i thought red was the WoT queen?

You posted that before he had been lurking day 2 though

@Dap: I have noticed that thing about Ithi. When she's scum and Turin's town, she almost always convinces her team to kill him first. Not sure if it's just that he can read her so well (I've heard her say that), I'm thinking it might partially be from tradition and because maybe she just doesn't like the possibility of having to lie to him. Which is slightly funny, cause I've seen her say that she doesn't let anything like bonds or friendships affect her gameplay in mafia lol

and if one is cult the other almost always is

The sentence where I said "Darthe's move could have def been an attempt to derail a train on a townie" I meant to say teammate, not townie.

lol didn't you call Darthe out for his typo?

Most of the rest of your stuff against that first post of mine that you quoted has to do with me fence-sitting on RTE, and I completely admit that I am on the fence concerning his alignment. you miss the point. It's not that you are doing that its that you used that against ithi.

In my experience people usually call out things they find scummy that they do themselves. So to be it reflects poorly on you and looks hypocritical when you thought ithi was mafia for doing exactly what you are doing

Had a derptown read yesterday, but the confirmation of two teams, Darthe's flip, Ithi's flip as town (I figured her flip flop on his alignment was scum backpedaling), and his 180 in posting style from yesterday to today completely made me rethink my position on his alignment. The main reason I'm still waffling concerning his scumminess is how obviously of a bad play it would be for Darthe to do what he did to try and save a teammate.

Your "No way all votes on anyone with a large train are all town in any game" is a completely absurd statement. There are many times when indecisive scum don't know whether to bus a teammate or jump on an early train on a townie. only with new teams. That just stupid play from mafia and with two teams there is no way mafia would avoid such an easy lynch There is literally no stance for that statement. A train could be all town, or mostly scum It could. But it isn't at the start of games. I don't think I've ever see a game where the start of games was a town only lynch . Usually the speed in which it develops gives some indication as to which it might be (unless it was provoked by an investigative role viewing of course). anyway I disagree with you but I don't think that specific thing makes you scummy

Speaking of flip flopping, there are several times in your posts that you go from arguing that being uncertain about RTE's scumminess is questionable, while also questioning other's reasons for voting RTE (see your points against Chuckle's vote). Talk about complete contradiction. But I didn't go and case someone else for flip flopping (once again I point out its not your flip flopping that bugs me its that you called ithi out for it she you were doing it too

"Fair enough" is BGspeak. Kinda like Chinese except not at all. I say that a lot

I agree with, and already said many of the same type of things, some of your points against Cloud. However, your "starting to sweat a tad there Cloud?" is one of those comments I was referring to before, you've come off as an instigator this game several times. I like to comment on things, and I think stuff like that gets results for me

Early on you did it with Ithi and RTE, and other players if I remember correctly, last night you were doing it with me and Ithi (tried taking each of our sides at different points, calling the other scummy, buddying up to two different townies arguing with eachother is overplaying your hand imo), and now it looks like you're trying to provoke reactions from a slew of other players as well. Never seen you this... instigatory? Is that a word? maybe it's part of my new meta I'm planning ;)

Your responses to Tina's post DEF look like a buddying attempt to me.

Once again I was being facetious. Her quick vote and then unvote still irks me

Lol @ your rebukement of Maw for "sloppy play". Mixing up two different players is fairly common, isn't that big a deal bro. I know you've done it many times.then just go back and look things up. It's all in text form. It's not that hard unless you are on your phone then just say "I think it was..." Stops confusion arguments and makes a cleaner game

Meta is definitely relevant in games, and people that know me know that my policy as scum is bus first, ask questions later. one day I hope to be a team with you. In the merlin game my team kept telling me that I couldn't sacrifice people I do that on purpose because any indecisiveness on your part when a teammate is on the hot seat could easily end up leading to you being on the hot seat as well. it's a good way to play IMO I'm not saying I would NEVER try to defend a teammate, but in general I've been very open about this part of my meta for a long time. see that's the thing. If its such am obvious part of your meta why not go for a change to throw people? If a teammate slips up, I'll be one of the first leaders on their lynch most likely. I do this also because I like to keep my town and mafia meta as similar as possible; not calling out obviously sketchy behavior would lead others to feeling I'm off my meta.

I think we play very similarly

I don't think Darthe's move would make any sense whether or not RTE was his teammate. It was just a bad play period. But it makes even less sense that he would do so to protect a teammate imo, since him putting his neck on the line would only strengthen town's resolve in lynching RTE once he flipped scum.

I see the point but I see less sense in doing it on a town? Like I know Darthe was playing a suicide game but surely he would try use the suicide.

He's not that much of a see you next Tuesday to his team

Lol @ another case of hypocrisy on your part. Saying Tina should edit quotes down.... you realize most of the time you comment on almost every part of a person's quote, instead of responding to the parts that are most relevant? I wouldn't exactly call you a thrifty editor. but its stuff I comment on. I took out heaps of unnessacary stuff that was quoted in your WOTs and I often quote people's quotes of people they are commenting on so I get both parties in there without having to quote them separately. Trust me my WOTs are cut down a lot

Oh mai Gott speak of the devil. You congratulate Cyan for "en edit well done", and then almost immediately after you quote a huge WoT of mine and respond to the last bit (about AH not counting Panchi's coding fail vote). LAWLZ :laugh: I thought I edited that? Oh well I have to do this all at a code level. I miss parts

Most of that last WoT is you continuously chalking up the amount of info we can get from this or that... yadda yadda yadda. In a game with two mafia teams, lynch info is much more malleable. Not saying you can't glean any info from it, but it can also easily be used by respective scum teams to their own ends. But yeah, info this, info that in that last big post. We'll get info from how long it takes me to scratch my backside while crafting this post. TONS of info. Bucketloads even. You get the point. I like info. Disagree if you want but I like to analyse stuff

One thing I didn't really get just about ANY info from was the first 10-15 pages. Anything that could have been gleaned was buried under so much spam and jargon that it went right back out of my cortex. But w/e, to each their own. We'll see if Peace gets any info from it. that's the part of the game where RTE sweated the most. If he skipped that it'd be silly

Also I really don't like skimming or skipping anything

Info Info Info

Oh and then after all that, and all the INFO!!!!(NOM NOM THAT INFO IS YUMMY!) that's apparently waiting for us once RTE flips (including info on my own alignment apparently :rolleyes:), you then VOTE FOR MADDY.

yes? Cos competing trains gives much more info. Both are likely mafia IMO, so making people choose between them will give me lots of info to play with.

/gives up

I left this unedited just for you :)

Ugh. Why did I feel so compelled to respond to so much of Dap's jargon? Blech.

Cos I have that effect on people. It forces activity which is always a bonus

BT points to the first person to actually read everything I just wrote and stay interested throughout (besides Dap of course). I'm not BT anyway

I'm still an Asha'man, right? I can still give out points? I think so.... hurry to get my remaining ones for June! (Is it still 20 for an Asha'man? Man I'm rusty)

Also if you want games where I did similar stuff to this look up darthes ultimate show down game (I buddied to ithi there and Turin Vig killed me for it) and ithis Indiana jones game (I was mafia in that game. A very good game for me it was. First successful gambit)

God you know me well

If you read Dap's WoT posts, he goes on several times about how much info can be obtained from RTE's flip. Then he votes Maddy.

I'm sure he'll state that he did so for competing trains, but this is sort of like placing a vote on someone and saying it's to "pressure them". Broadcasting your intentions in such a manner kinda defeats the point, especially when it seems like most of your stated intentions are the opposite of what you end up doing (he seems sold on RTE's scumminess, whereas his main gruff with Maddy seems to be her disappearance from the thread).

That's why I did it. Deal with it

Just realized that Dap also had a coding fail with his vote as well, so AH can either count both coding fail votes (Panchi's and Dap's), which would put RTE at L-1 and Maddy at L-5, or count neither, which would have RTE at L-2 and Maddy at L-5 still (Dap would still need to place a vote, his unvote was coded correctly).

explain why that code didnt work. But I looked back and you are right. Ill vote at the end of this

Panchi, if you make sure to state and possibly revote your vote onto Maddy, and Dap if you correctly code a vote on Maddy, that will put her at L-4 I believe. If WBK decides to get on board with his vote instead of trying to look like a rebel, we'll be that much closer in either train, and then we still need our inactive players not currently voting to weigh in.

The closer each of the trains are to hammering today, the more info we'll gain from whatever outcome happens at a later date once we see more flips from both mafia teams.

In other words, today is a rather important lynch. I highly doubt Maddy and RTE are on the same team, and it is definitely possible that they are both mafia on separate teams.

Which is why I think competing trains is a wonderful idea

vote maddy

You notice how I'm not voting for you...that's why.

Yet you're still saying that I did things that I didn't do. I realize that I did essentially the same thing to you, but I apologized and rescinded it when I realized that I was in error. You're restating it every single post even after I asked you to prove it or stop.

Yay for circular and pointless WoT battles.

Hey guys. Seriously ill today and wasn't about yesterday. Having read all of that I can't say it helped heh, my head or the game.

Deadline is coming up and chances are I will miss it. RTE is best and closest candidate for lynch, maddy I beleive we should wait for answers from prior to lynch but can look at next day. I iniyatally thought her town but that is changing.

I'm going go go throw up a new colour now. Don't let random.org do the kybch for is cause that is eate.

Ok folks. What's the vote count and who's around? I'm on mobile otherwise I'd check, but trying to find votes among the wots is difficult. If everyone around is Rte voters we need to all switch. If everyone around is Maddy voters, you need to switch.

Also 1 hour to deadline.

For being a first time player Maddy seems to have picked up the game rather quickly.  This is my 3rd time playing and I'm still very confused.

RTE's actions at the start of the game were not needed in a mafia game and many people feel like his actions were scummy.  It is also interesting to see once you put in Darthe's actions as well.  He could have been protecting a team mate.  I don't understand why he would do this since it just painted a bigger target on RTE.  A part of me feels like he picked someone that wasn't on his team to buddy up with to make our next lynch a town one.  There is also RTE's change in strategy to look at.  He almost stopped posting after so much spam. 

I'm a bit hesitant to do this because there is the chance Darthe just buddied up to him to get us to lynch him but I don't want a random person selected by heart so  vote RTE

To the ones thinking I should step up my posting. I have work so not much time at work to post, when I am on here I have to go through several pages to see what is going on and even that is mostly jargon, no offence to anyone but you just keep quoting each other it doesn't make sense. Sorry I'm a teacher so it might sound bit preachy but there you have it.  I'll stick to my vote though.for the reasons in my previous post.

Archived