Pokemon Mafia III: The Treasure of Heart Island--GAME OVER--TOWN WIN

Aiel Heart

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So Berf

Vote Berf, inactive scum.[/color=red]

Starts with his self vote

Modkilled on the first page for self-voting. That'd go down in history. *just quietly... Unvote: berf *cough**

God that would of made me lol

Vote Berf, inactive scum.[/color=red]

I think this was possibly an ironic post ... feels like something he would do if he was actually Mafia to try and make people think he wasn't?Vote Berf
Anyway thought I'd include this cos she was right.

Well done ithi

I jumped on and voted Berf as well

Then RTE happened

Guyz I didn't get a role pm...

I kid, I kid. Those who know will know what I'm on about.

Anyway, The case on RTE is... fair. But average. I mean isn't this just standard half-baked RTE behavior at this point?

Ithi's vote on me reeks of Ithi being Ithi, and my initial joke post was primo berf being berf. Also I then immediately found out my house was literally burgled today, so forgive me for not being around.

With 6 days whatever until deadline I'm happy to hold my vote for now.

No real interaction

boring

The Marines did nothing to protect my home!

And if I were on a mafia team with RTE, I'd quit :bigwink: Also have you ever known me to calm things down?

Thought this was worth pointing out

Probably only useful for Berf future meta but it stands out now

I softclaimed lazybones the second I signed up, simply by signing up.

Ug

Finally there is a little interaction

That was painful.

Berf, that vote on yourself, especially with the way you took it back, stuck out to me as someone trying to be funny, but getting serious really quick once you found out that it wasn't addressed in the rules. Like getting your hand caught inside the cookie jar and quickly trying to sneak it out to mitigate the damage.

Razen, that is exactly right. I didn't even consider beforehand if it was within the rules or not to self vote. The unvote was definitely tongue in cheek, and also, no-one wants to keep a vote on themselves, yes?

I may be partial in this, but anyone basing a case on this is stretching at best.

A bit of an odd interaction there but this is the better part

Razen, that is exactly right. I didn't even consider beforehand if it was within the rules or not to self vote. The unvote was definitely tongue in cheek, and also, no-one wants to keep a vote on themselves, yes?

I may be partial in this, but anyone basing a case on this is stretching at best.

Jumping in what Razen said to explain away your vote? Generally people think before putting a vote on themselves in the first place, then they dont have to worry about taking if off again.

Cyan really pushes this

I find it odd.

We will see if she interacts with him again

Actually cyan has an interesting reaction to people trying to figure out which Pokemon are mafia Pokemon. Twitchy mafia not given safe claims maybe?

Ill case her later but that is post 306 if anyone is interested

http://www.dragonmount.com/forums/topic/82813-pokemon-mafia-iii-the-treasure-of-heart-island-day-3/?p=2948803

Enough.

Vote RTE

For reasons already stated. So inconsistent. Possible slip up with Darthe. And you know what? Even if he IS town, he isn't helping town in the slightest. If he is already causing this much trouble on day 1, then I'm sorry I don't want to be around for day 3 or 4 or whatever. Fair enough most Day 1's are pretty random, but even saying that, there is a limit to what is random, and what stands out like a sore thumb.

Begone with you.

See this looks like he is pushing RTE ahead of Darthe cos Berf and Darthe would be on a team but both have flipped different teams.

So why would he do that?

I dunno it just seems weird to push RTE ahead of Darthe in this context

However look who appears lol

Soo you echo whats already been pointed out and then defend your vote incase he does flip town?

Isn't it weird that she ignores a bunch of people to continuously target Berf

Looks like distancing

As to the first, I don't know what more can be added. As to the second, yes I am explaining my position?

I initially thought RTE was just being random, but then when called on it he wigged out and started claiming roles. WHY????? It makes no sense. His play makes no sense. I ask myself why would a town play like that, and I can't see a reason to it.

So until RTE settles on one consistent story that I am willing to believe, my vote will remain as he is the scummiest player on radar at this present time, by a wide margin.

And I'm going to bed. Do we want to start a betting pool as to how many notifications this game will rack me up in 8 or so hours?

I call 150-159.

Always these two

@Berf saying for reasons already stated is never a good idea. And fair enough I suppose. Though to me it sounds like you dont really think hes mafia but want to lynch him anyways.

115, if anyone was playing along.

So my weekend is pretty stacked but I'm happy with my vote being where it is.

I'm not sure who mentioned it but someone was concerned about the speed of which the RTE train is building up. I think what, we are maybe halfway to a lynch? If the current trends continue this will be a 3-4 day lynch, which is just about a 'normal' first day phase.

Wasn't that cyan?

Oh well either way

My thoughts;

RTE and Darthe together on a mafia team (I suspect two, not sure if that has been mentioned?). RTE is major panic, as his 'start of game being visible and active and not mafia' plan fell apart, the brains trust that is comes up with this false claim thing. Targets Ithi because she is calm, logical, and a big name to boot, a perfect target for these two personalities. RTE seems to be laying low now also, a further tell.

Also, 10%? Yes to possible failings on reads, that is beleivable. But 10% success? Or was it 10% failure? Either way, In a game that usually lasts what, 5-6 days, those numbers don't add up to me, coming from a game design point of view. You want to put in things that affect the game, not have a slight chance of affecting the game. Maybe a failure one in three, or a quarter of the time or something. But not 1 in 10.

Just feels right. I know Ithi pretty well, this isn't anywhere near panic and certain players are determined to paint her as scrambling. It's all adding up for me.

My plan: If it comes down to Lynch Darthe of Ithi, we lynch Darthe. From there, depending on what the alignment is, we vote either Ithi or RTE.

He still seem to be shying away from the idea of a Darthe lynch. Very odd

So can someone actually post public thoughts on who is mafia? I got some-what lost a hundred posts ago...

As opposed to 'private' thoughts?

Who else is in your QT, Hisoka?

Still willing to vote Darthe or RTE, still happy voting Darthe first. One mess at a time.

Nothing more to add, really. Checking the countdown we still have 5 days left (as in, 121 hours as of typing) so no real rush, but at the same time why stand around scratching ourselves when we have some strong candidates available to get Lynchy.

*shrug*

That was a quick change on his part

Shoulda seen the signs

BTW, Hisoka, Either Mafia or perhaps Mason?

Thoughts?

I am leaning toward Mason, based on context.

Even weirder

It's only sexist if you don't vote Darthe.

Continues to push Darthe

You know what? I'm just going to keep changing my vote to either Darthe or RTE, whoever posts closest. Everything that comes out of either is just...

mafia. Scrambling, clinging to scraps mafia.

(Vote changing talk at the top of the post is a sarcastic comment by the way. Just to be sure :wink: )

Then he starts to change his mind when RTE has a hope of being lynched

Crazy theory time

Team rocket knows who the other mafia or atleast some of them are

Can't prove anything but it might make hunting mafia easier

Rest of the day he's even more repetitive and boring

Onto day 2

Desp I know I for one still harbor deep reservations about RTE, and the whole interaction between him and Darthe is telling.

I don't think RTE being on scum lists is a surprise. Or in itself a scum tell.

Ooh this is interesting

So who was on despos list that Berf wanted to protect

Catching up real quick. Yay we bagged scum. Now on the next one.

:baalzamon:

/Jay-Z'd

/Illuminati'd

@Turin: Yes, looks like it is mod confirmed now. I just have a thing about people saying something is confirmed before it actually is, little pet peeve of mine. Anyhoo, this continues to make me sketchy about Ithi's alignment considering she was sure much earlier that there were two mafia teams.

Maddy has responded a few times about her gameplay, but has continued to dodge the specific questions about her knowing about meta and that "Darthe is always obvious as mafia" statement.

Cloud setting up RTE's lynch tomorrow still seems sketchy to me. Ithi's recent flip flop on his alignment makes me believe even more that he is town, and Cloud and others continuing to push the "Darthe distracting from RTE's lynch" angle pings to me.

I am also baffled as to why Darthe has given himself away as mafia so easily lately.

@Cyan: fence-sitting doesn't always indicate scum, but mafia will often fence-sit and make ambiguous comments so as to try and keep their opinions and alignments from being discerned by town. Of course there are times when I am unsure about a particular discussion, and am still considering multiple angles. But noting things like fence-sitting, contradictions, and setting up of lynches is what good scunhunters try to do.

My top scum suspects:

Madness, Ithi, Cloud, Cyan

There we go

So ithi was town

That leaves Maddy, cloud, and cyan

Very likely there is atleast one mafia there (pity Maddy is on that list. Would of been much more useful without Maddy)

But notice the cyan theme reoccurring

Desp;

Ithi warrants a look, but then always does.

The RTE/Darthe thing strikes me as pure stupid mafia play. I can't resolve it any other way than that.

Aside from that other canditates I am watching are Tina (watching what I can at any rate), Krak (Just because I like watching Krak, spin for me baby!), and honestly yourself. I see a lot of strong opinions coming from you, and as has been mentioned all over this thread, strong opinions on day 1 can be a sign. A lot of tone, I will say.

Maddy concerns me also. One the one hand, new player, getting involved, sticking the boot in in a bit of raw fashion, it can somewhat be expected. BUT THE LONGER MADDY GOES ON WITHOUT ANSWERING ANYTHING IN REGARDS TO THE INFORMATION SHE HAS SEEMINGLY BEEN IN RECEIPT OF, THE LONGER THAT SEEMS SUSPICIOUS. (Embiggened to make sure Maddy notices this, in the hopes of getting a reply).

Also I think the two mafia team thing was obvious from the setup and the number of players. But that can be subjective, of course; is all opinion. Not really any tells there, unless of course someone wants to volunteer their role in Team Magma?

Anybody?

No?

Where's Darthe when you need hi- oh. Right.

a few things here. He only really talks about Maddy and ithi. Cyan and cloud seem suspiciously missing

Furthermore he says his caps lock text is to attract maddys attention but it also is boldly showing everyone that he finds he suspicious for her silence

(Notice how he has a silencing role)

I know it's night but that stood out. However it would be based on him not knowing who was on the other team so that theory falls apart here a bit

Also point out that he specifically asks about team magma. The team we have seen no evidence of other than the Scenes thus far

I mentioned previous, from the get go, knowing Gen III (Don't ask), I assumed two mafia team from the start. It's clear canon in a theme game, in my opinion. I am trying to work out if 2 or 3 or 4 to a team, really. Tradition would say 3, yes?

And Desp the more you talk the more it just seems like you are looking to argue, for no clear cause but to irritate. I am keeping an eye on Ithi absolutely, a lot of the game has revolved around her. But you are becoming just as visible, and when holding your posts up to the light man, they come off as argumentative and belligerent. And I know how you love big words :)

*tosses 2c on the table*

Reading between the lines I recon the mafia new from the start about more than one team

Players per mafia team. 2,3,4. Leaning toward 3 obviously.

Desp: Fair enough, just warning you. I believe in my last couple of "Nothing is really happening except Lynching Darthe and Night time" posts I've mentioned two teams, during the day maybe but definitely at night. As I said, it's a given.

And my knowledge is from playing the game, not watching the anime. I'm not sure if that is better or worse :dry: From memory, no team rocket, but I could be wrong. Definitely two teams of 'bad guys' though. As I said, game canon. I just took it as fact from the start.

No team rocket lol

I'm gunna say we have 3 per team. It looks to me like he was hunting for some cred with that when it was proved right

Vote: RTE

Darthe flipped mafia, Ithi flipped town. Following on from what I've been saying since D1 and the goings-on there, you are next RTE. Spammy crap that buried any gameplay, un-town behavior, and a complete backflip in behavior since being called out on it all and your buddy's stupid gambit. This vote should come as no surprise.

Making sure everyone knew his vote was based on previous stuff and not suspicious

And cloud was the next to echo that

Interesting

Berf doesn't appear for a while

Hey guys. Seriously ill today and wasn't about yesterday. Having read all of that I can't say it helped heh, my head or the game.

Deadline is coming up and chances are I will miss it. RTE is best and closest candidate for lynch, maddy I beleive we should wait for answers from prior to lynch but can look at next day. I iniyatally thought her town but that is changing.

I'm going go go throw up a new colour now. Don't let random.org do the kybch for is cause that is eate.

And there is why

Interesting to see how he talks about Maddy in this post don't you think?

Tunnelling on me a little? :dry: I'm quite certain I'm not the only one to consider a delay on a maddy lynch until there's a chance for talk. I'm also fairly certain I've spent most of the past day (days whatever) saying I'm voting RTE but if need be will switch. RTE remained the best candidate throughout the day, to my eyes.10 or so other players agreed with me.

With the distractions of day 1 cleared up (Darthe, RTE, Ithi and to a lesser extent Turin I guess) maddy is prime candidate in my book. There are definate signs of coaching, the mia is telling without a comment forthcoming, and the flip-flopping is extreme to say the least. I can't imagine what excuse could cover all of that.

And regarding the day 1 self vote, it was a jibe at me being quite low key in the last mafia game, and a subtle commentary on the current mood of mafia around these parts. What in absolute anything freakin' else would I self vote for? Think about it.

Keeps pushing the Maddy being MIA angle

Interesting

Also despo was right lol

Sorry it took so long

Fell asleep last night and couldn't be bothered for most of today lol

A man after my own heart.

Cyan is pinging. Seems to doing 'just enough', if you catch the meaning. The fact that I didn't notice her till now says a lot, to me at any rate.

Krak is quiet. I'm still waiting for him to spin.

In the rubble of RTE flipping town, maddy is the next obvious target. I am wondering though, there have been a lot of 'obvious' targets this game, no?

Notice his change of tone towards cyan

Very interesting

And then day starts and he was dead

All in all cyan stands out the most with berfs posts. Also maddys silence considering Berf had thunder punch (paralysing PR) and kept pushing her silence to be the scummy part

This does not explain her absence from both nights however, but it would explain why she hasn't been replaced (it's been 3 RL days since she posted on DM at all and longer since posting in this thread I believe)

Still before we lynch her I would like to hear from her.

Click the arrow on the side to see the context

But I believe it was very early in the game when you talked about talking off thread

Also unvotes are fine to leave in. If you aren't voting they do no harm and if you are they are required

So we lost a vig, a vanilla, and a mafia. That's not terrible.

Looks like Team Rocket's Blasting off Agaaaaiiiiiiiiiiiiiiinnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn........ *Ting!*

Lol.

Had a look at the OP
Team magma is mentioned there

And we have had team rocket and aqua thus far

Someone explain it to me I'm too tired

There are way too many bloody mafia in the game.

Vote: Cloud.  This whole business of voting RTE on day 2 and not explaining himself is not sitting well with me.  Well, to be honest, it didn't sit well with me from BG and Hally either.  But, while Hally never explained herself, and BG did, Cloud tried to shake it off, but he kept coming back to it. He referred back to Day 1 for his reasons for voting and never came back.  I don't like the line about how he said that voting for anyone other than RTE would be weird.

Cloud and hally, you two still havent given any reason on your votes

Have you skimmed through the whole of Day 1 or something?! Sheesh.. I will give some extra thoughts once I had some breakfast. I see that RTE has now started distancing from his teammate though.

because that will be stating the obvious. look at my play from Day 1. me voting for any other player than RTE would seem weird.

But this....this is just plain odd.  It makes it look like Chuckles is the one who made him tunnel on RTE.  Which is a very implausible argument.  Especially since he voted RTE before Chuckles asked for an explanation.  He also changed his tune - first he said it was his play on day 1 that would make voting anyone other than RTE seem weird, but when RTE poked at this, Cloud says it's because Chuckles was questioning his vote on RTE that it would be weird for him to vote elsewhere.  Just because he cased RTE on day 1 doesn't mean he's exempt from explaining himself as to why he was voting RTE on day 2. 

So you're saying you're voting for me because voting for anyone else would reflect poorly on yourself after how hard you tunneled me on day 1? That's what I take from your last three posts.

Lol can you go and die already? And no, I said that it would seem weird if I voted for someone else because Chuckles was questioning my current vote on you. I have cased both you and Darthe during Day 1 and so my current vote without any added reason shouldn't seem off to people.

Looks like Team Rocket's Blasting off Agaaaaiiiiiiiiiiiiiiinnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn........ *Ting!*

You are possibly one of my favorite people ever for this :P

@AH

Despo, Trainer of Gulpin, League Trainer, has been knocked out of the competition.

Pokedex information: Guplin

Sludge--Knocks out target

Can you explain the knocks out target? Is that a Role Block?

Kronos, Trainer of Surskit, League Trainer, has been knocked out of the competition.

Pokedex information: Surskit

No information available.

Looks like that could be a form of janitor role in play

So Maddy

Can you speak?

@AH

Can you include the normal names for roles in brackets or on the OP

For example "knocks out target" I assume is Vig

But it could be RB or something

It's just a little too ambiguous for my liking

Nice try ;)

vote SuchMadness

It is time...

Edit noted, PM incoming

Welp. Team Rocket. So my guess as someone mentioned is probably 3 mafia per team. That's over the magical 1/3 number and way over 1/4 for normal balancing, but with them killing each other off too it makes for a fairer balance.

I'm willing to vote Maddy, but I think hearing from her would be prudent. If she was silenced then it would be worth hearing about. 

Peace, you said you had thoughts for today? Sooo.... thoughts?

Archived