DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Pokemon Mafia III: The Treasure of Heart Island--GAME OVER--TOWN WIN

Aiel Heart

Cloud, you think RTE flipped mafia?

Btw I just noticed something interesting: Berf's pokemon doesn't have a knock out attack like Darthe's (and Despo's) pokemon did. I wonder what that can mean.

Why are you surprised, did you expect him to?  Is it because both you and Darthe have a KO attack and you're surprised the third declared scum didn't?

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So here Csarmi appears

I'm still trying to figure out what this game is about, how it works and all that.A summary would help a lot please.

I don't even understand the coloring in the first post. What does green and blue stand for?

So the first part is fine. That's where most people would stop

Then the green and blue part starts to get shaky.

He could of just read it and seen all green are league trainers and blue is team aqua (so different teams)

So I can buy this post if I have to

But watch what happens now

AH, I suggest you send him the new player tips pm.

Lol I can assure you that he doesnt need that PM :laugh:

@Csarmi: This Mafia game is about the videogame and anime series called Pokemon, you have most likely heard from it? It features the storyline and pokemon from Generation 3. There are multiple mafia teams, and the different colors represent those teams. Green is town. Each player has a pokemon, and some pokemon have an ability which represents their in game power role.

Even this I can buy. But Csarmis acts starts falling appart a bit here

See cloud just explained that some people have roles. And if you check the OP, some people have listed moves (which once you know that it's obvious moves are roles)

So Csarmi should know that at this point

Here is the killer part

Team Aqua, Team Magma and Team Rocket are most likely the three mafia teams.

He says the mafia teams. Like he knows there are 3. Not there are most likely three mafia teams....

But those teams are the likely three teams.

His sentence suggests what the teams are called is in dispute not whether there are there or not

Anyway back to Csamri. He takes mafia seriously. So why would he risk this

I know absolutely nothing about Pokemon. Zero. Nada.Cloud, if what you say is true, then now I know that I'm town. :)I can reveal my role and name, right?

So now we know he didnt know if he was town or not that whole green blue thing becomes a big question. He doesn't know Pokemon he says and hasn't read the game, and the mod isn't replying. So why would he come on thread and ask questions about the coloring when he could be making a slip.

If he didnt know what was going on how did he know those questions wouldn't reveal him as mafia? (He didnt know he wasn't mafia yet by his own admission)

It's such an unnecessary risk for him to take when he could read the thread a bit first and get a feel for the game and no one would bat an eyelid

Doesn't add up to me

(Note: not having a QT doesn't instantly mean you are town and not mafia or 3rd party)

Anyway

[/b]unvote vote cloud[/b]

Let the replacements get their feet and we can see what rocks they go crawl under

Unvote, vote: Csarmi.  It's not heartless - it's about catching who you think is the most likely person to be mafia.  All things considered, Maddy didn't do herself any favors when she posted, as she clearly appeared to be coached.  And now, Csarmi comes in and knows nothing about Pokemon.  That's not a problem by itself.  But it's what happens afterwards - with Cloud's explanation and Csarmi's reactions afterward that have me thinking there's something here.

However, the way that Cloud explained it, I'm concerned.  For starters, I'm already suspicious of Cloud - and now he comes in to be helpful and explains the basic premise of the game.  The details - such as the certainty of the three mafia teams - has me on edge.  There's only been two confirmed, and even though the canon suggests that there could be a third, we don't know that there is for a fact. But, the fact that he couldn't figure out the colors and that based on that he determined that he was town has me intrigued.  Why ask about it before he was aware if he was mafia or not?  I'm not liking the clueless act.  That's no excuse - just because the theme may be unfamiliar doesn't mean that he couldn't read through and scumhunt along the way.

And then Csarmi revealed his Pokemon - Meditite.  But nothing else.  And that's on purpose - he said he didn't want the mafia to know.  But, why drop the name of his Pokemon at all if he didn't want them to know about his role?  The whole premise doesn't sit well with me.

I beg to differ. VOTE CSARMI. I didn't buy peace and i'm not buying this guy.

What do you mean you didn't buy me?  Was I not cheap enough for you?

My god. I told you it would happen again. Meant madness. Sorry.

My win condition (thrats to the league need to be taken down).

Can you clarify that statement?

Sure. Any threats to the League have to be taken out for me to win. That's not the exact wording, I'm paraphrasing here.

Also want to point out CsRmi is talking about moves appearing not to know what they are

He's just setting up to claim a role there too if required

Not really. I'm just making sure that you cn't figure out my role from that sentence. Which is a very town thing to do.

So here Csarmi appears

Anyway back to Csamri. He takes mafia seriously. So why would he risk this

I know absolutely nothing about Pokemon. Zero. Nada.Cloud, if what you say is true, then now I know that I'm town. :)I can reveal my role and name, right?

So now we know he didnt know if he was town or not that whole green blue thing becomes a big question. He doesn't know Pokemon he says and hasn't read the game, and the mod isn't replying. So why would he come on thread and ask questions about the coloring when he could be making a slip.

If he didnt know what was going on how did he know those questions wouldn't reveal him as mafia? (He didnt know he wasn't mafia yet by his own admission)

It's such an unnecessary risk for him to take when he could read the thread a bit first and get a feel for the game and no one would bat an eyelid

Doesn't add up to me

(Note: not having a QT doesn't instantly mean you are town and not mafia or 3rd party)

Thanks Player. Why indeed?

Cause I didn't seem to have anything to hide. I still asked around to clarify because the alignment structure wasn't clear at all.

It pays to be somewhat careful even if you seem to be part of the uninformed majority. The key word being somewhat.

I think I have explained this earlier. The first time I can get any meaningful read is now (and that with waking up before my alarm). It was quite clear at the first glance that Maddy (now me) is in focus of the game.

Would you have preferred me to stay silent for 12-16 more hours?

------------------

Now the alignment structure and what certain things mean in my role PM are much more clear to me. I won't have a chance to catch up on the thread today but at least now I should know the basics and take it from here.

I don't have anything to hide. In fact, the only thing I have kept hidden is my move (role) and surely you wouldn't want me to reveal that. Would you?

People aren't heartless enough to lynch someone that's just subbed in

I don't find lynching people who have just subbed in heartless. It is quote logical and it might make perfect sense if there are no other leads.

Take me, for instance. The first two days never happened to me. No in-game meta to go on, no first two days play to go on.

Unless, of course, if I'm scum.

Of course the game is very simple for me - I know my character, alignment and role. I'm uninformed. So was suchmadness. So nothing she said earlier should matter to me as I know that she had no information to go on.

And then Csarmi revealed his Pokemon - Meditite.  But nothing else.  And that's on purpose - he said he didn't want the mafia to know.  But, why drop the name of his Pokemon at all if he didn't want them to know about his role?  The whole premise doesn't sit well with me.

I asked the mod whether my Pokemon's name would indicate anything about my role (moves). I was told it doesn't.

So I saw no reason not to reveal it. It might not hurt and it might help.

A quick note

I don't like what CS g

Posted but I don't agree that we have to lynch him just cu maddy was scummy, it doesn't help town, its giving mafia an opportunity to direct town's lynch

Cloud, you think RTE flipped mafia?

Btw I just noticed something interesting: Berf's pokemon doesn't have a knock out attack like Darthe's (and Despo's) pokemon did. I wonder what that can mean.

Why are you surprised, did you expect him to? Is it because both you and Darthe have a KO attack and you're surprised the third declared scum didn't?

I'm surprised because I thought that each mafia pokemon had a K.O. attack that stands for their ability to send in a NK. In Pokemon when two pokemon battle each other once one of them goes K.O. it means that he "died" and lost the battle so I'm certain that the K.O. attack is a kill. I'm guessing that a K.O. attack is a one-shot kill now?

Also want to point out CsRmi is talking about moves appearing not to know what they are

He's just setting up to claim a role there too if required

Cloud is now voting me (the last of those vocal players from the start who have been offed as this game goes on)

For a case despo made he says. Ok cloud

How about you give your reasons in a nice detailed list please

Cos ATM this looks like am OMGUS cos I called you scummy and I'm pretty sure I called your teammates scummy too

Ok, so first of all the part that I bolded from your above post is so incredibly scummy and it's only adding up to the reasons why I think that you are mafia. You know as well as I do that being vocal in a game doesn't mean that you are town, and your attempt to convince the other players (and 3 or so of them are newbies) that you shouldn't be voted for because you have have been so active this game is  weak.

This is what I liked about Despo's case on you:

• One of your responses to Despo's case was that you were a contributing factor to Darthe’s lynch. Well, with multiple mafia teams in a game that doesn’t mean shit. Again, it looks like you are trying to get some easy town cred (see post#1214).
  • Your contradicting play regarding RTE's train and how you said that being uncertain about RTE’s scuminess is questionable (you thought he was an easy mafia), while also questioning other’s reasons for voting RTE doesn't add up.
  • You being an instigator this game during several times.
  • Your shameless buddying attempts throughout the whole game. To me it looks like you just want to appear as obvious as possible, so nobody would look strange at you the moment you actually buddy up to someone for strategic reasons.
  • Info, lol.
  • Bringing up your own meta, and then telling someone else that using your own meta is never a town move on the same post (#1264).
  • It’s funny how you first thought that Despo was scummy, but then later when you two have your WoT battle you removed him from your scum list and even tried to buddy up to him a few times.
  • Setting up my and Maddy’s lynch.

Here is the killer part

Team Aqua, Team Magma and Team Rocket are most likely the three mafia teams.

He says the mafia teams. Like he knows there are 3. Not there are most likely three mafia teams....

But those teams are the likely three teams.

His sentence suggests what the teams are called is in dispute not whether there are there or not

I actually wanted to say that they are the three mafia teams, but I know that I would get called out for that and how I can be so sure that there are three times while there has been no sign of team Magma yet, and so I added "most likely" in front of it. You are right that it now looks like I'm saying that those are the three mafia teams, as if I know that there are three teams. But here also lies your mistake. If I was mafia, what sense would it make balance wise for me to know that there are two other mafia teams out there that we need to hunt down?? That would completly defeat the purpose of having multiple mafia teams in a game. And yes, I'm now certain that there are three mafia teams in the game. Team Aqua and Team Magma were the bad guys of Generation 3, but I didn't know that Team Rocket were in Gen 3 (they were the bad guys of Gen 1), but it appears now that they were indeed also there.

Unvote, vote: Csarmi. It's not heartless - it's about catching who you think is the most likely person to be mafia. All things considered, Maddy didn't do herself any favors when she posted, as she clearly appeared to be coached. And now, Csarmi comes in and knows nothing about Pokemon. That's not a problem by itself. But it's what happens afterwards - with Cloud's explanation and Csarmi's reactions afterward that have me thinking there's something here.

However, the way that Cloud explained it, I'm concerned. For starters, I'm already suspicious of Cloud - and now he comes in to be helpful and explains the basic premise of the game. The details - such as the certainty of the three mafia teams - has me on edge. There's only been two confirmed, and even though the canon suggests that there could be a third, we don't know that there is for a fact. But, the fact that he couldn't figure out the colors and that based on that he determined that he was town has me intrigued. Why ask about it before he was aware if he was mafia or not? I'm not liking the clueless act. That's no excuse - just because the theme may be unfamiliar doesn't mean that he couldn't read through and scumhunt along the way.

And then Csarmi revealed his Pokemon - Meditite. But nothing else. And that's on purpose - he said he didn't want the mafia to know. But, why drop the name of his Pokemon at all if he didn't want them to know about his role? The whole premise doesn't sit well with me.

Razen seems to be mostly following along and going with the flow. FoS.

Right so im skimmed up. TBH what i did was i read the first 12 pages then went to the various end phases and went either side of them for a few pages to get a sense of whos been voting for what. I did it this way to be able to take some part now.

i will completely read starting tomorrow night cause its the w/e

For now Im gonna get ahead of those who are sus of cyan who i am replacing  I am a league trainer and am vanilla with a pokemon named Wurmple   not one i know but i only ever kinda watched the cartoon.

I can buy daps case on Cloud. the only thing making me hesitate is that Dap has been making my gut twist since the start. For some reason I feel like he is trouble. It comes from the quoting and back and forth with ithi and rte. I want to read more before i decide to follow my gut.

i think csarmi is town because of what he has said about his pm

Im also wary of a lurky tina cause ive seen that move before from SK Tina

Cloud

Despo qas never on my mafia.list. He was scummmy. There is a differebce

as for you slup not being a slip cos if ypu are mmafia it would be a sillu thing tosay. You e missed the poit

you seem to know more than the uninformed majority t

thats the thing

csarmi

you mentioned your moves. Thay to me was hinting.you had some thus you solf claimed

I have read my PM correctly.

This is all it contained:

My pokemon's name (Meditite).

The fact that I'm a league trainer.

Something about moves.

My win condition (thrats to the league need to be taken down).

A link to the game thread.

That I'm replacing suchmadness.

Player, I don't understand how you read that as soft claiming. That's the equivalent of saying that there's some words about my role in my PM.

I'll spell it out for you. I'll even translate it for you.

I may or may not have special moves. = I'm either vanilla or not.

vote csarmi aside from maddy looking like she received coaching, csarmi's play suggests to me a QT. He is too good a plyer to enter a game without knowing what's going on. He probably received a summary not in the game thread. It is not hard to guess that League is town and I don't really buy the not sure who is what thing.

Archived