DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

[Mafia Game Over] Indiana Jones and the Raiders of the Lost Ark - Mafia Wins!

Ithillian Turambar

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nice avi Ithi!  

Finally caught up with the game, and yes I skimmed a bit, so I might miss something.  On the other hand, I'm not supposed to be doing this anyways right now, so it was the best I can do.  Currently, my answer to my vote on Ed has not changed, it was a game jumpstarter, there is literally nothing else that I can say on that.  Also, my vote is going to vote Talya because I do not like how she piled on Dice's small train as well as (I think I remember) that when the speed of dice's train was pointed out, just shrugged it off.

Official Vote Count:

Mish - 1 (Tiink)
Rey - 1 (Eddie)
Eddie - 2 (Rey, Darthe)
Ley - 2 (Basel, Peace)
Rand - 1 (Cloud)
Talya - 2 (Dice, Rand)
Dice - 4 (Mish, RTE, Talya, Len)
Kae - 1 (Arez)

Currently not voting - 10 (Chuckles, Roo, Hallia, Player, Ishy, Time, Song, Kae, Maw, Ley)

With 24 alive it takes 10 to Lynch

The current Deadline is 9pm GMT Monday 4th March

http://www.timeanddate.com/countdown/generic?iso=20130304T21&p0=136&msg=End+of+Day+1

Well Dice now that you're back, are you gonna claim for real or not? I'm still not sure if I believe you have a role; I've seen you pull the exact same thing before and then when you finally come back you claimed vanilla I think... Can't remember if you were town or mafia.

Right so for those who forget easily, Rand was opportunistic and voted Ed to get the game going (so he says). Now I called him out cos he had called Ed out for trying to jump start the game, when that's what others had tried but Rand failed to mention. Now look what he does here

OK firstly, Ithi I hope you and everyone living with you is all OK! :sad: I'm sorry that that happened.

Second of all to RTE: lol, yes recently my play quality has been shrunken greatly. If I ever have time in my life again, I'll play mafia to the full extent of my ability with notes, careful full game readthroughs and WoTs. However, I currently do not have the time to devote for that.

Third of all, as was said in my post, it was literally just to jumpstart the game. That being said, that vote on Ed was completely weak. unvote

Now to look at reactions. I think the people that stood out to me the most are Lenlo, and Cloud. These are the people that I am looking at the most. So currently, FoSes on both of them.

Rand throws out a FOS at the two people who voted for him. It was lazy

But he also did exactly what he did last time, he only mentions some people yet he got mentioned negatively by me, WOT, Ishy, and Talya (to a lesser extent), but he doesn't mention us at all.

Once again Rand omits people and I dislike that a lot. This become relevant later on when he votes Talya

I wasn't defending him at all, he came back quite aggressive and some said how I could think it was a joke vote... I still think it was odd and he gave no explanation and I want one... so asking for why he voted Len.

so you didn't think it was done in a naff way!

he made a joke about Len sitting on his hat...joke!

So you accuse in one breath of defnding him and in the next saying how I could call it a joke vote...

if he posts that way I will look at is a joke and think he isn't taking things seriously and I have to question why?

Is he hiding something?

Is it just me or is most of this really hard to follow? I know you all hate me for it but look at when she talks about the jokey stuff she uses the explanation marks

Also she is getting really defensive about stuff for little reason

its night here. im in sydney dap

yes thats what i mean dap. i find it too coincidental and can easily see the DM issues being used to id the symp for the mafia as it is something we are all very familiar with.

It's something too familiar, the whole of DM was just down. It doesn't make sense. Do you still believe she is a symp?

Also you never answered why you thought there was a symp in this game as far as I can remember.

something i forgot to add above, i dont really think rand is scum, ive seen him play like this before

Right this. Rands meta is scummy yes, but he usually says dumb things, where in this game he seems to be leaving things out on purpose

as to benefit? well think of how a symp often works mafia says in their QT "if there is a symp and you see this post or do blah blah blah" Symp sees it and does it. The DM issue would be a good one to use as the trick is to make it something noonew would really notice and we are all so used to that complaint it could blend right in

Dice this still annoys me. It's such a small thing to pick when we have had a bunch of odd pictures and Len mentioning a boulder, and people saying strange things. Those are far more likely to be symp tells but you ignore them all. I just don't get it

I'm here.

I'm a little confused as to where all this symp talk is coming from. And also a little suspicious of Dice laying out his symp scenario. Seems a little too detailed and knowledgeable.

This pinged me. Last sentence. It seems too obvious to me. If dice was mafia he would of had his teammates screaming at him to shut up lol. I think it is far more likely he is a symp if anything

Maybe that was his tell to the mafia - he had to accuse someone of being the symp..haha

Which leads me to this. It seems like a legitimate idea yet she laughs it off. Feels a bit like a damage control

This is really slow.

UNVOTE

I didn't like the way Dice tried to link me and Ley and then threw the symp in there...and this game needs liven up

VOTE DICE

Right so in that gap. Between this post and the last post there was a vote count, so Talya is trying to move the game forward faster even though there is no rush. It also seems that she would of seen her vote was still on RTE for not much reasoning. She then jumps on Dice and is quickly followed by....

*laughs and cheers Ishy on*

Dice, I have to say that is a REALLY tenuous string you're tying between Ley and Talya.

DM/browswers eating posts happens a lot, that I've seen.

This

I copy everything before I post it cos DM keeps eating my posts so regularly

>as to benefit? well think of how a symp often works mafia says in their QT "if there is a symp and you see this post or do blah blah blah" Symp sees it and does it. The DM issue would be a good one to use as the trick is to make it something noonew would really notice and we are all so used to that complaint it could blend right in

You know that the point of a symp test (that's what you are talking about) is so its unique. Losing a post doesn't fit that. Furthermore not all symps can see QTs. In my mafia career I've been a symp about 4 or 5 times and never have I been able to see the QT

I was thinking of this too in that I don't recall symps being able to see Mafia QT. That and dice seems so sure of it.

This pings me. Quite a bit. That and the case itself is pretty weak... Vote Dice.

This post was interesting. I think he made a good logical post though so I understand the vote, be it very fast, but it was still opportune like Rands, and then gets followed quickly by Len

I mention that the train is moving fast then...

hmmm...seems to a bit!

Exclamation mark..

With that dice is now the top train. It's gaining traction fast...

How is it gaining traction fast? Its 2 people!

unvote Vote Dice

Now its 3 people. Woop dee doo.

I think Dice is the best lynch we have so far. His trying to link people and the way he has been playing can give us alot of information on D1 and possibly a scum.

So many things wrong with this. First he jumps on a fast moving train, then he undersells the amount of people on the train, then he says that he thinks Dice is town. (Possibly scum is a synonym for likely town IMO)

oh im here talya   i got booted off the puter by my brother last night and despite instructions not to turn of the puter he did anyway and hence i lost what i was going to quote so i will just reply and hope i remember everything.

Its interesting how my single vote  and it seemed i was the only one going to vote that way caused all this reaction. No i did not see a symp recently and 'get all excited' i think symp is a waste of role cause ive never seen them do anything really. My take on it is instinctual and as i tried to explain with the whole trivial pursuit example at times when i have had a immeadiate feel or answer and have NOT followed it it has turned out my instinct is right.

we went 20 odd pages or so and i think the most votes on anyone had been 2  then in ONE page i got 4!  I think i touched a nerve. 

Looking at that train is probably a good way to go

now as i am going to work and if yesterdays run on voting me is an indicator then i am going to tell you now that i am town and have a power role

First of all dont try to undersell a symp. They count to mafia's numbers more often than not. They are sometimes viewed as town until they are recruited, and they know who the mafia is. They are dangerous if the player knows what they are doing

I still dont understand what made you think symp though. Most people would think that they are parroting something so they are on a team with a QT. I also dont get why a symp would need to say something a mafia member has said on thread to let the mafia know who they are. They are supposed to try protect the mafia. Putting themselves out there is one thing, but to use a teammate as a means is silly. I dont think Talya is a symp, and I most certainly dont think Ley is condemned by that post at all

About that soft claim. Face Palm

Have you not learnt so far that what you just did is dumb, and unhelpful to anyone but Mafia?

Sometimes it is the small things that will catch people out! 

I'm trying to think about the Rand/Ed vote business. It was a weak excuse for Rand, but then this is Day 1 and it was at the beginning. But I didn't like the way he came off it saying it was weak, was he trying something or as trying to make himself look town if Ed is Mafia. It was a bit of a damp squib if that was what he was trying to do, felt a bit fumbled! 

Dice - just wondered where you were. If you touched a nerve, whose nerve. It was a very bad link you made, did you think that people really would leave it. And please don't soft claim, it doesn't help town nor yourself and either people will find it scummy and try to lynch, whilst others will try to lynch just you to get your role! I'm not sure whether I want to take my vote off or leave it there for another silly move!

Talya starts to defend Rand in this post. I dislike it (deal with it Darthe)

Even her sentences that she calls him scummy end up defending him in a way.

As for the nerve that Dice talks about touching. Id say those fast voters, especially you. You didnt seem interested in voting him until after ithi's vote count. In that time you either looked at the VC and saw your RTE vote and needed to change it or saw something on a QT and reacted to that. It was a sudden change of heart that wasnt brought on by a reread or anything other than a VC

Also please explain the bold? That looks like a slip to me.

You also keep your vote on him though you seem to believe he has a role

Nice avi Ithi!  

Finally caught up with the game, and yes I skimmed a bit, so I might miss something.  On the other hand, I'm not supposed to be doing this anyways right now, so it was the best I can do.  Currently, my answer to my vote on Ed has not changed, it was a game jumpstarter, there is literally nothing else that I can say on that.  Also, my vote is going to vote Talya because I do not like how she piled on Dice's small train as well as (I think I remember) that when the speed of dice's train was pointed out, just shrugged it off.

You skimmed. First issue

then you vote Talya, I dont like the fact you did that when you admit to skimming so you dont know the full story of the game thus far. She only had one vote so it feels like its a safe place to put your vote for now. The strange thing is that you failed to mention her around the time stuff was happening with her. Remember those people i talked about you omitting, she was one. So now with skimming you seem to of suddenly changed your mind.

Could be a safe time to vote a teammate and do some distancing. Time will tell i guess but it pinged

Dice but i lost the top code when DM s*** itself on me

i soft claimed because the way my train gained momentum so fast i fully expected to be lynched by the time i got home. Am pleasantly surprised to not be dead.

I only did it cause i felt i had better. I hate claiming. and  claiming on day 3??  Not something i want to do.

I believe Talya already went over the D3 part. Id like to add that that may of been intentional. It gives a great out if he needs one. Just say ?oh wrong game" and hes mostly forgiven 

Id like to call on Darthe at this point. Who so eagerly called Eds train out for stalling, yet failed to do so on the Dice train, even before the soft claim

Well Dice now that you're back, are you gonna claim for real or not? I'm still not sure if I believe you have a role; I've seen you pull the exact same thing before and then when you finally come back you claimed vanilla I think... Can't remember if you were town or mafia.

Fishing...

Also what Tiink said. Go check and bring back quotes or links if you can please

I think Talya is mafia. I think Len is likely mafia too. Dice is swinging back and forth every time he posts. Im really on the fence with him but im leaning more town at this point

Rand seems like he is mafia as well.

So out of them i think we will get atleast 1 but probably 2 or 3 mafia if my spidy senses are right 

Im going to bed now. DM has died on me once too often tonight and ive almost lost this all twice. Its 2am

Night

Dont study architecture kids. 700 bucks statipnary....

Not sure if jealous...

I'd love design. Not like fashion design but giving something it's own personality which people wouldn't expect it to have. It's just such a satisfying way of bringing something to life! On the other hand the architects and my university basically live in their studios and don't see the light of day. The last time I saw one he had bloodshot eyes and screamed when in contact with direct sunlight like AUGHAGHAHGHAHAHA *tssssssss*...

I've played almost 20 games Dap; I'm not gonna read through them all to figure out wich one it was. I know I have seen him do this "I'm about to leave but I have a few votes so I'll out out a soft claim/towni claim/role claim" before, and I think he hinted at a role and then when eh came back he claimed vanilla town. But I don't remember what allegieance he had.

And yeah I'm fishing. Soft claims and hinting is a serious pet peeve of mine. If he has an important enough role that lynching him would be really bad, he should claim fully before he leaves if he thinks he'll be lynched in the meantime. Because a soft claim just makes the game stall. It's a brilliant way to bring town close to deadline without a proper lynch secured and then rushvoting happens. I'm not saying Dice is doing that now, because we have a lot of time. But soft claiming is not townie-friendly behaviour.

Ok I have caught up last night and here are my thoughts about the current game:

The case on Dice: 

Dice voted for Talya because he thinks that she is a symp. He links her with Ley, so Dice thinks that Ley is mafia too. Talya finds it laughable and says that he might be the real symp. His train starts and a lot of the players think that it's the most logical lynch option so far. Some players say that it's going too fast. Dice came back a few pages back and explains that his vote on Talya was based on game instinct. He also mentions that the votes on him piled up too fast and soft claims a town PR which I find to be very scummy. 

The case on Talya by Dap: 

The thing that I found a little scummy about Dap is that he first starts questioning Talya's meta (exclamation marks), and later Hallia's meta. He later says that Darthe's town read on Lenlo (which is based on meta) isn't valid and that it's scummy to use meta to case someone. This doesn't make any sense to me. Furthermore, I think that he has gone too far with his exclamation mark case on Talya.

The case on Ed by Darthe: 

Says that Lenlo is town and bases his reasonings on meta and that Lenlo wouldn't take such risks if he were scum.

I find Darthe's case against Ed bad. The first two votes on Ed were joke votes from Rey and Basel, they didn't have any valid reasons for their votes. Ed's train fell apart because the players found Rand vote on him scummy. Rand's unvote later in the game and his statement that his original vote on Ed was weak only supports this even more.  

Peace: 

Stop with the whole "bloody" thing please. Your posts are almost unreadable and I'm almost inclined to start ignoring them. 

I think that Dice will be the best lynch option for Day 1. 

Unvote, Vote Dice

Is there any basis whatsoever for this symp speculation? Or is it all just conjecture from Dice, which I feel sows nothing but wifom and is unhelpful

You could always have read properly and see why we started talking about Symp...

Awesome. Take things I say out of context and bend the words to make me look bad.

Its ok Dap, I expect it of you at this point.

PIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIING.

Wow.  So much spam.  *Grabs hat* Lets get to work.

This is probably the most game related post in the entire game right now.  Ed looks eager to get this game started.  Looks like he is trying to seem town by starting the game up.  However not only that, but throughout this quote, he puts some weak FoSes, light FoSes, subliminal FoSes, and whatever you want to call it.  Seems more like he's stating things and saying they are a little bit scummy too much and is trying not to be called out for it.  So for these reasons, vote Eddie

Game. actually. started.

Bloody gets to work and doesn't bloody look like a getting things bloody started post.  Looks bloody real to me.

>Damn everything what I wanted to say lost because Firefox crashed...

Oh whatever. There wasn't that much importance anyways.

Vote Maw

*creates a gateway to Hogwarts*

*grabs hat of Harry's head*

*looks in it* There must be a speaker somewhere, right?

Hm... Can't seem to find it. *creates gateway back*

I didn't know you always bloody voted May.  This started some bloody thinking on my bloody part though.

Bloody DM...I have just lost my whole post!!! :angry:

Anyway without the quotes...Basal... any time  :wink:

Ed - I'd balefire you if I didn't  me a want to play this game - calling sloth on!!! 

Maw - you are me favourite person ever for the SG1 thing...until some thing more shiny comes along.

At least the game is now getting going. Thought Rand jumping Ed was a bit quick. Did he expect him to have vast information after 11 pages of spam, at least he has got things going!

*grabs hat*

Gets the whole bloody thing started.

Alright, so Ed started FoSing people, but not really fosing them.

Rand called him out for that.

So far this seems a little dull, but what about Talya? Even though the game pretty obviously started, she keeps on spamming. Afaik, that's not helpful.

*Grabs hat*

I bloody agree.  Rand's post was a bloody real post he bloody later backed bloody down from.

To be honest I feel like there are too many people voting Rand over his Ed vote.

I bloody vote Ley due to what looks like bloody protecting bloody team mate.

UNVOTE BLOODY LEN AND VOTE BLOODY LEY.

OK firstly, Ithi I hope you and everyone living with you is all OK!   :sad:  I'm sorry that that happened.

Second of all to RTE: lol, yes recently my play quality has been shrunken greatly.  If I ever have time in my life again, I'll play mafia to the full extent of my ability with notes, careful full game readthroughs and WoTs.  However, I currently do not have the time to devote for that.

Third of all, as was said in my post, it was literally just to jumpstart the game.  That being said, that vote on Ed was completely weak.  unvote

Now to look at reactions.  I think the people that stood out to me the most are Lenlo, and Cloud.  These are the people that I am looking at the most.  So currently, FoSes on both of them.  

Didn't look bloody weak when it was posted.  Looks bloody weak unvoting here.  Looks like bloody bussing.

Are bloody Rand, Ley and bloody Ed bloody scummates?

Well that's a bloody astonishing case.

Bloody astonishing weak to be exactly. You're calling me, Ed and Rand teammates because of my post saying too many people were voting me (and, as I already said, there were less than I thought), and my joke vote on Maw?

Also, stop this "bloody", if you can, tell us how we can make it stop, if we can, and start making sense in your posts. You apparently can post as much as you want in one post, so having to say "bloody" every so often doesn't mean you can't play properly.

oh im here talya   i got booted off the puter by my brother last night and despite instructions not to turn of the puter he did anyway and hence i lost what i was going to quote so i will just reply and hope i remember everything.

Its interesting how my single vote  and it seemed i was the only one going to vote that way caused all this reaction. No i did not see a symp recently and 'get all excited' i think symp is a waste of role cause ive never seen them do anything really. My take on it is instinctual and as i tried to explain with the whole trivial pursuit example at times when i have had a immeadiate feel or answer and have NOT followed it it has turned out my instinct is right.

we went 20 odd pages or so and i think the most votes on anyone had been 2  then in ONE page i got 4!  I think i touched a nerve. 

Looking at that train is probably a good way to go

now as i am going to work and if yesterdays run on voting me is an indicator then i am going to tell you now that i am town and have a power role

This is SOOOOO scummy. There had been no votes on you for like, five pages, yet you still feel the need to soft claim? It sounds like you are making sure we won't lynch you while you can make up a good fake claim.

I'd vote you over it if Cloud hadn't yet. And you're still the scummiest I see around here. Not sure if I have a vote hanging around, but

unvote

in that case. And virtual vote on Dice, but I want to see some more defense before brining him to 6 votes.

Archived