DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

[LIGHT VS SHADOW]: Black Tower Mafia Game

Gabriel Kross

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

as stated i saw the time was low and i was still 2 pages behind so i tried to make sure i got my vote in

BTW mods EPs timer and Tinas timer are not synchronized.....theres about 3 minutes difference

Different time zones? :D

as stated i saw the time was low and i was still 2 pages behind so i tried to make sure i got my vote in

BTW mods EPs timer and Tinas timer are not synchronized.....theres about 3 minutes difference

The only timer link is mine, Tina just posted the deadline in manual form.

Hey hey guys. Good job screwing the pooch. (get it? cause he's a puppy in SG.... ahhh screw it)

Two quick mini-rants before I go all wotty on ya:

Re the hinting thing with me: Tress got this on point, the purpose of me voting or fos'ing someone who hints is NOT to find out their role. The ENTIRE reason is I think hinting is bad, and I'm trying to do what I can to policy-vote people that do, so that way eventually people stop doing it when town. I don't want to go through all of this again, but real quick herewego:

Let's assume for a second Matty is town. Him hinting at some power role like that could easily clue the mafia in as to their next target, while the Doc may miss the hint, and then town loses a power role and Doc misses the chance to wifom the protection role. There is really NO REASON anyone should ever hint. Either claim or don't claim. It's simple. Breadcrumbing is about as bad, but it's passable if the breadcrumbs are obscure enough that NO ONE can pick them up.

It's not my fault that me policy-voting someone for hinting pretty much always leads to them claiming; the fault lies with the person who hinted.

Okay, second issue: Soooooo yall really should have lynched Matty I think. Looking back, two votes (wot13, BG) were on him for a GOOD long while. The only reason a consolidation train started on him was Turin and then Ithi voting him in quick succession. And this leads to my gripe: Earlier Ithi, you claimed that you and Turin were able to maintain your Bond in mafia games, that you didn't let it get in the way or hurt each other's feelings. But I think you're not thinking of how the way you two play together affects everyone else in the game. You both follow each other's lead way too easily, and that creates the strong feeling that you both aren't independant players when playing in the same game, but that you both will just about always be sympathetic to each other.

Really don't feel like there was much on Rand at the point of Turin's vote, and there was a lot more on Matty imo, but Ithi goes along with Turin, and the bandwagon starts. The thing is, it's almost like yall start out each game as relative masons, minus the talking to each other part. This tends to introduce imbalanced perspective into the game, which wouldn't be as big a deal..... if both of you weren't such high profile players. People see both of you take a side on an issue, and feel immediately compelled to join in if they have a town read on just one of you.

So frankly, I wish yall would leave the Bond out of the game a bit, if not for the sake of protecting each other's feelings, then for the sake of keeping the game as balanced as possible.

No-one was going for Matty, and as I advised previously, Rand was one of my other suspects. It had nothing to do with the Bond and frankly I'm a little tired of that being used all the time.

I thought Rand was Mafia - no-one had moved on my John Snow Lynch suggestion, or the Matty Lynch. Rand became the next logical Lynch for me when he garnered the next most votes after Turin - so I voted him. Deal with it :)

Btw I forgot to mention, my bad for missing the deadline yesterday. Thought I would be able to stay up for a while to keep an eye on it, but I passed out right when I got home.

Mkay well I don't think you would fake claim Androl, so you're ok for now by me. But we can't lynch you now so Unvote.

I'm going to be asleep during the deadline :dry: Why was today so short?

For the sake of avoiding a random, I will Vote Rand.

I hate changing my votes around -_-

Why do you hate changing your votes? Cause it attracts attention? You've really been quite pingy lately...

Ack this game is reminding me how many of the names I've forgotten >.<

And Rand, that is kinda what we're hoping for :tongue: We really need a lynch on day one cuz otherwise we don't get any info on anyone. So if your town, yah it sucks, but you have to take one for the town sometimes.

And trying to look like helpful town going for consolidation lynch as well. A little too cheery about it it seems.

I can roll with this

Roleclaiming D1 is pretty weird behavior not to mention the concern raised about slipping (which I think is weak but hey w/e)

Additionally I think I misinterpreted his concern over the c/p thing last page

I thought he thought he was going after potential mafia but I wonder now if maybe he wasn't just trying to draw attention away from himself

Regardless I think this is a fine lynch for today

Unvote

Vote Rand

Ping cause of meta:

You're normally completely fine with bandwagoning day 1, as you have said multiple times. And the deadline was coming up soon, so why do you feel the need to explain your vote here?

Wow, good morning everyone, nice to see some real activity first thing in the morning.

how was that a slip? I used town to collectively mean everyone in the game, thats not unique to one side. Town or mafia would do that. Looking pretty opportunistic here Ithi, along with hopping on the bandwagon. And since Turin has claimed Androl unvote vote Ithi

The bolded is what gets me. I have my reasons in thinking Ithi or Turin are mafia, though if Turin is being honest about his claim he's definitely town, and my instincts are saying Ithi might be town also (just one who has it out for me for some reason).

Regardless, Rand, Turin's claim is a surprising and bad reason, in my opinion, to vote Ithi. For consolidation purposes, and this incredibly weird vote,

unvote, vote Rand

Ignoring the "incredibly weird vote" part, to the underlined: It's not often that someone can contradict themselves midsentence, I applaud you sir! You go from having your reasons to thinking they're mafia, to immediately saying both are prob town. And don't hide behind the "if Turin is being honest about his claim" part. That's pretty much moot in mafia, people can lie about anything so it doesn't work to qualify everything with "if player X is telling the truth"

(case on Rand edited out for space)

Scummy Bandwagon vote.

It was good enough for me to place a vote and nothing better has happened since as others have mentioned.

To the bolded: eh? Nothing better happened? I thought there was still plenty of stuff to comment on at least since you had placed your vote on him, and why the "as others have mentioned" line? Not only do I not remember others saying that (not saying it didn't happen), why try to look like you're goin with the flow?

Nolder (1) - Ed

Matty (1) Despo

Rand (10) - Time, BG, Turin, Ithi, Cyan, Darthe, Nolder, Random, Songstie, Maw

Darthe (2) - Snow

Maw (1) - Matty

Random (1) - Dice

Ithi (2) - LZM, Rand

Not voting: Kaylee

With 18 alive it takes 10 to lynch.

That´s a lynch. Let´s all wait for the exciting scene.

Of the group of peeps on Rand's train, the ones I dislike the most are wot13, Cyan, Nol, and TRL

I just got caught up. I'm home today with Kailyn so I should be able to be active.

I know its to late, sorry about that. I'll post my thoughts come day phase.

I don't mean to pick on you, and I know you have been very busy, but you have a serious knack for constantly showing up juuuuuuust as the lynch has already been achieved.

only 10 mins left still 2 pages to read but Rand is pinging too much to ignore and nalaam?? seriously?

unvote vote Rand

thanks for the timer

Bahaha!

:dry: should've changed my vote last night.... sorry Rand. Can't believe I missed deadline even though it wouldn't have done much good.

:wacko:

untitled-4-1.jpg

Oh huzzah we got a lynch after all :happy: A short night would be lovely as well.

:dry:

See meme above ^

No-one was going for Matty, and as I advised previously, Rand was one of my other suspects. It had nothing to do with the Bond and frankly I'm a little tired of that being used all the time.

I thought Rand was Mafia - no-one had moved on my John Snow Lynch suggestion, or the Matty Lynch. Rand became the next logical Lynch for me when he garnered the next most votes after Turin - so I voted him. Deal with it :)

You didn't exactly allow that much time to try and see if others got on the Matty train, and you didn't try convincing Turin to vote Matty once he showed up.

And sorry you're tired of your Bond to Turin being brought up constantly, but you can't deny that you two constantly back each other up in mafia. It's not an illusion generated by others, it's something that I've legitimately seen in many games where both of you play. I just think you play to each other's favor far too often, instead of just considering them another player.

Turin said he was driving and wouldn't be able to post again - how exactly was I supposed to convince him of anything, and why should I? I was making my own decisions about what I felt was best at the time - it is up to him to make his decisions also. If he was always backing me up surely he would have just voted Matty - seeing as how I was already voting Matty.

One moment you say we always back each other up, which Turin clearly did NOT do in this case because he voted for Rand, and you say we should stop doing that, and the next you think that I should have convinced Turin to back up the Matty Lynch. You can't have it both ways Despo. Time was running out - I went with the next person on my list. You will have to speak to Turin about his reasons.

@Despo I already answered why I dislike changing my vote. It's messy and hard to keep track of. I prefer to only vote once if I can.

And fine, since the way I play seems to be bothering you all so much, I'll stop, or at least try to tone it down a bit.

Turin said he was driving and wouldn't be able to post again - how exactly was I supposed to convince him of anything, and why should I? I was making my own decisions about what I felt was best at the time - it is up to him to make his decisions also. If he was always backing me up surely he would have just voted Matty - seeing as how I was already voting Matty.

One moment you say we always back each other up, which Turin clearly did NOT do in this case because he voted for Rand, and you say we should stop doing that, and the next you think that I should have convinced Turin to back up the Matty Lynch. You can't have it both ways Despo. Time was running out - I went with the next person on my list. You will have to speak to Turin about his reasons.

'Backing eachother' doesn't mean one always does what the other does. It means in general, yall do seem to work together in about every game you play.

Again, it's not just me that has this perception.

And I do wanna know why Turin voted Rand instead of Matty. Hopefully he doesn't continue ducking me :wink:

@Despo I already answered why I dislike changing my vote. It's messy and hard to keep track of. I prefer to only vote once if I can.

And fine, since the way I play seems to be bothering you all so much, I'll stop, or at least try to tone it down a bit.

That seems like a terrible reason though. There will often be very good reasons for changing your vote, like if someone claims doc, or someone says they have a guilty viewing on someone, or all sorts of things. You can't be scared to change your vote just cause it's hard to keep track of.

As for that other part, your playstyle doesn't bother me at all. I was simply pointing out odd behavior. As LZM said, don't take it personal, I know it can frustrating if people constantly think you're scummy even if you're not, I still have to deal with that at times

Well, let's think about this logically. When playing mafia you should use all your skills and tools available to win. In this game I am Town, and after his reveal and the speed his Lynch took hold initially, I think he is Town too. The only people who would be worried about us backing each other up would be the Mafia team. Perhaps that includes you - because you do seem quite concerned about this. Maybe Matty isn't mafia after all. Perhaps they will just kill one of us to stop the backing up thing from happening - otherwise it's hard luck for them I guess.

:smile:

Of course we have both also used this to our advantage when one of us hasn't been Town also - he totally backed me up and bussed all of his team mates last time he was Mafia, and I killed him Day One and was heartbroken the time I was Mafia... and I can't wait for the day when both of us actually get to be on a Mafia Team together again - I'm quite sure we will work together and back each other up then too. I guess this must just be our meta - if we were to change it now people would just be all suspicious lol.

And Cyan, there's nothing wrong with changing your vote. It happens. I changed mine 3 times after all. I'm not happy that the only reason you seem to have for voted someone was that they had the most votes and you kept saying that you were sorry if they turned out to be Town - almost like you expected them to flip that way. Even when I changed to Rand and said that you would probably change to him too - you just did and were sorry again?.

So ... as there are no votes or trains to be caught at the moment. Who is your money on being mafia atm?

I never claimed to have a good reason for not liking to change my vote :tongue: Of course I change it if it's necessary, I don't have to like it.

Ah ok well I'm glad it doesn't bother you, cuz it's really much easier for me to play like this :rolleyes:

Ithi, I always feel bad for whoever gets lynched on Day 1 cuz they don't really get to play the game. And I didn't just vote Turin because he had the most votes ya know. Yes, obviously I was going to switch to Rand, it was annoying that you said I would switch before I did, but I wasn't going to not switch just to prove you wrong.

And it's still night...I don't really like giving my opinion at night... :unsure:

Archived