DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Characters in the books that you wish had scenes together but didn't

nsmallw

Thom and Asmodean.

Pretty sure Thom would question some of Asmodean's musical knowledge...

Lots of possibilities for some interesting interactions, if say, Thom went with Rand to the waste.

Mat vs. Taim, cagestyle, could've been fun.....

Cadsuane, Lini, Nynaeve, and Sorilea playing a Contract Bridge grudge match.

39 minutes ago, WheelofJuke said:

Thom and Asmodean.

Pretty sure Thom would question some of Asmodean's musical knowledge...

Lots of possibilities for some interesting interactions, if say, Thom went with Rand to the waste.

Love this one.

Mat vs. Taim, cagestyle, could've been fun.....

Is Taim gentled?

Cadsuane, Lini, Nynaeve, and Sorilea playing a Contract Bridge grudge match.

That might have been enough attitude to destroy Shadar Logoth without Rand doing his thing...

3 hours ago, WheelofJuke said:

My recollection is that it protects from both, hence the ancient Aes Sedai symbol with both female and male halves represented.

Then I'd say Taim doesn't have a chance.  He doesn't care about using weapons, only using the power - he fights against Rand's edict to train with mundane weapons.  Mat would carve him up quick.

5 hours ago, SinisterDeath said:

During Last battle,

Hide contents

I believe Lan gets from Galad, so he can fight against Demandred. 

No, believe that was the Seanchan assassin rings - not Mat's medallion.

But I may be forgetting something very important here.

Edited by DojoToad

To give pedantic responses

- during the battle of Caemlyn Mat dies due to Rhavin's lightning and Rand thinks that the medallion failed against a male weave - but is in error.  In fact it only protects where the weave touches the wearer, the lightning blast area is a real effect once the woven lightning touches down and he could be effected by it just as he could be affected by thrown objects and could still pass a gateway.

- during the last battle only Gawyn uses the assassin rings, Galad and Lan each use a lesser copy of the medallion made by Elaine (my theory - both the lesser copy and the inability to match the non-channeling dream ring are due to these needing male and female co-operation).

8 hours ago, bringbackthomsmoustache said:

To give pedantic responses

- during the battle of Caemlyn Mat dies due to Rhavin's lightning and Rand thinks that the medallion failed against a male weave - but is in error.  In fact it only protects where the weave touches the wearer, the lightning blast area is a real effect once the woven lightning touches down and he could be effected by it just as he could be affected by thrown objects and could still pass a gateway.

- during the last battle only Gawyn uses the assassin rings, Galad and Lan each use a lesser copy of the medallion made by Elaine (my theory - both the lesser copy and the inability to match the non-channeling dream ring are due to these needing male and female co-operation).

Ah yes, thanks for the clarification. Definitely time to read the books again. 

Just been re reading online and apparently there is a moment where Halima Channels at Mat and it fails. That is where we know the fox head protects against both. But seems that is the only time we see it. And yes it protects against the weave not against the effects of the weave so you could still channel a massive boulder to drop on his head and kill him :).