DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

[LIGHT VS SHADOW]: Black Tower Mafia Game

Gabriel Kross

Just woke up and read the last pages, and I don't think I like the way Maw darts in, pointing out the others post to try and get attention to them...

Vote Mawthex

So, OMGUS. You are now officially TBL in my book.

That said, its a little late in the day for it now, so I'm going to VOTE TURIN. One way or another we should get some good info from his lynch.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think that this thing on Turin is going a bit too fast (organising thoughts best as I can), and some people are watching a bit too closely at him in my opinion. I'm not saying he couldn't be mafia, but I will say that I highly doubt it as of right now.

Le interesting. Firstly I unvote, cuz it's getting wonderfully serious now.

And secondly, I'm starting to see how TRL could be scum. He acted a lot like this in the other game he was mafia in. But I haven't played with him as town, and it's not a good enough reason by it's self to vote him. But interesting all the same.

I dislike how fast the Turin train has take off. This game is only 13 pages old, we can afford to slow down a bit.

I'll be able to read the game during school, but not post, so more thoughts once I get home.

Darthe, did you character claim because you are looking for someone in particular?

Cyan, The game doesn't have a lot of pages but we are <24 hrs from deadline so it is time to let go of "joke votes" and vote who we really think are mafia.

I am about two hours from having access to my computer so any background will have to wait but my top choices for mafia are Snow, TRL, and Rand. Nolder is troubling me as well but I think it might be from a game he was CL.

So wrong grasshopper. I agreed with Ithi on Snow. I found TRL using poor logic in his vote on Ithi. His actions and words since have not led me to change my mind about him. Now you want to be the little bulldog and nip at my heels. Go ahead. Show your true colors.

So my suspicion and vote were down well before anyone came after me. But thanks for helping others see I am likely correct about your alignment.

This is the John Snow "joke" voting situation

BG is Bela, the secret DO?

Vote BG

Random will replace Kate.

vote John snow

For knowing nothing :)

*sigh* Had I known that you were going to be in this game, I would've voted you TRL.

Tinaaaaaaaa!

So vote him?

unvote vote TRL

And here he is targeting Darthe for his character claim. Darthe, Are you looking for someone? someone that might be linked with Pevara?

You know, generally when someone reveals early, it's scum eager to use their fakeclaim, in my opinion.

Unvote vote Darthe

And then explaining his "joke" vote. The whole point of a "joke" vote is that there is no valid reason for it. Mafia frequesntly find they need to explain things that really do not need to be explained/

Ithi, me joke voting random is something I do whenever possible. It's part of our friendly rivalry. Yeah, I don't like changing my joke votes, but I thought "Aw, heck, why not do it."

Since then John has been fairly quiet. Sleep is a good thing. Take it from someone that doesn't get enough. In fact I will be going to bed myself in the next hour or so.

The thing about little slips is that is isn't about what they were about(joke votes for example) it is that something happened that didn't need to happen or was a flat out fabricationor was an obvious error. Silence regarding the actual event or trying to sweep it under the rug sometimes works to allow people to forget about them. Not always however.

Random asks a lot of questions. It is the questions themselves that area bit odd.

the first one is fairly inocuous. I can be a bit difficult to read with jokes. Dry humour and such.

Darthe is stirring away. If you took the people as they are at the end of ToM at the BT then you would lean Pevara to be Town, or at worst some sort of survivor type. Since their are 18 people in the game it would follow that some of the AS at the tower would also be present in the game. /setupdiscussion.

Darthe was forced to role reveal cause EP couldn't due to his modding. Well you could claim Saidin EP.

Could be Maw. Ithi is firmly showing her town meta with looking for little slips and pushing at the cracks to see if they split open.

Is this sarcasm or humor? Or did I miss something? Didn't look like there was a need to reveal at all.

I still don't think Darthe is scum based on his reveal, odd as it seems. But this comment struck me odd

Just the I'm gonna ask more questions post. feels like a "I'm new, be nice to me" post. I don't think that you are that new random.

Gotcha, thanks for the clarification.

This is my first time playing with 80% of the people here, so I may miss jokes

There were reactions Darthe. Most of them seemed to be saying your reveal was kinda null. I say it doesn't make you scum, but it was an interesting choice, as truth or a lie.

Has everyone even checked in yet?

unvote failure. ready to take that pesky "joke" vote off Mr. Snow.

[/color=red] unvote[/color]

I see what you quoted about Maw Darthe, but I'm not seeing really much reasoning with it.

Ithi is pinging me a little, but that just could be from her stance against joke votes being her whole case on Snow and I.

Ed, what did you mean by cult?

Adds in another mention that Ithi's case on him and Snow is "only about joke votes" this was never the case. It was about Snow waiting to be told/prodded by Darthe it was okay to vote you if he wanted to. Ususally it is the mafia that is sensitive about being seen as acting odd. It leads to asking questions. Floating balloons to see if the idea gets traction or if it gets shot down. Mafia generally don't like to be seen as pushing too hard for townie lynches. They would rather nudge and get someone from the town to push it then they can sort of coast along behind.

And then the last question about cult. Cult discussion pops up in nearly every advanced game so I find it hard to believe that you have not heard of cult in mafia.

Actually wasn't supposed to stop here. might be able to keep going thru the game. Need to sleep soon.

Sorry guys. my computer is not cooperating with me right now and it is already past my time for sleep. Can't skimp when driving. Darthe, if you could indulge a foolish old man, could you read the opening scene with Androl. Is the person talking to him Pevara?

I will be able to check in on phone and vote as needed in the morning.

*sigh* ok, Turin. I only mentioned my newness in the first place to say I didn't have meta on really anyone in here, but since you and Cyan and WoT have questioned it, I'm going to say this: this is my third mafia game ever. The first two were basic games, here on DM. Ithi herself first taught me the basics graciously within the last two months or so.

I didn't want to just say this, as it almost feels to me like a reveal, and I was trying to just play this game without really bringing that up, but were close to deadline and it's already come up a few times.

That said, I will always ask questions, to gauge people's responses and look for evasions or answers that seem off. My question about cults was genuinely to learn about them, but game related questions are a tactic I use.

I still believe you are mafia, Turin. I am we'll satisfied with my vote after such weak casing.

But i will say id like to policy lynch you for revealing.

That always bugs me

This coming from the guy that policy lynches himself almost every game :laugh:

Lol. I didnt have a choice last game. The only time i did that in all seriousness it didnt pan out

Sucky D1. Every case here is going to be built on straws because we are so few pages in.

It's an extremely short Day 1 compared to most games, and that doesn't give us a lot of time to force reactions, build multiple trains, and really dig into the dynamics. I was surprised there was already a deadline to be honest.

My internet is finally working properly again, but I'm exhausted. Will go back through and vote first thing in the morning.

Nolder (1) - Ed

John Snow (1) - Ithi

Rand (2) - Time, BG

Darthe (2) - Snow, Maw

Maw (1) - Matty

Random (2) - Turin, Dice

BG (1) - Nolder

Turin (3) - Des, Random, Rand

Ithi (1) - LZM

Not voting: Tress, Kaylee, Cyan, Darthe

With 18 alive it takes 10 to lynch.

Deadline Thursday 9 PM CET. (+1) That is less than 11 hours and 29 minutes from now.

Archived