DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

[LIGHT VS SHADOW]: Black Tower Mafia Game

Gabriel Kross

Turin, initially I would have just FoSed you, but I know some of your mafia meta. You have tried to buddy up to Ithi before, and like Ithi said, trying to defend her when she doesn't need it. And another thing that hasn't been pointed out yet, your repeatedly pointing out of the fact that you are town is a bit off since it feels like you just want everyone to think that you are town without using actual facts or defending yourself. So vote Turin

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You are all just worried I will turn my Eye of Sauron Mafia Hunting onto you if you vote me. I dunno about Turin, He's not done anything ridiculously mafioso as yet. Other people have dropped the ball more, but I am watching the big pile on :smile:

It is nice to see who has succumbed so far to the chance of an easy lynch. I guess we will see what happens as it reaches closer to the magic number. All this linking of me and him and saying well if this happens then that means this and if that happens then that means that. It is interesting that Random says that one of us has to be Mafia, so when he gets a Town lynched the first day he already has his dominos set up to fall on the other the next day.

And here comes Rand, who seems to have forgotten he is already voting me and wants to quickly pile another vote on Turin. You may want to have a little count up, as I know for a fact that Turin is working today driving big trucks and thus will not be able to post any great shakes about this. He is due to finish work about 1am mt time, which is in about 6 hours ish.

Whoops, thanks for the reminder.unvote vote Turin

And thats what I love about this train currently. not only do I think there is a good chance he will be mafia, but even if he is town, this lynch will give us great information, because everyone is putting in their opinions on this. And Ithi, I'm not scared of your eye. :tongue: Come at me bro. I voted for you before.. :tongue:

Ithi, what was the point in posting that? If mafia wants to attempt a D1 speed lynch then let them flounder their way into it. Honestly, at times it feels like you would rather protect your bonded than out scum.

Haha ... of course. That's exactly what I did in my last few games :) oh, apart from no it wasn't and I found and cleared out the Mafia.

I'm never ok with a speed lynch if I feel it is the wrong person, I would always prefer to lynch a person who I strongly believe is Mafia, and at the moment I don't have that feeling about Turin. You can fudge it into the Bondy thing if you like though :) I really don't mind, but I have been making my cases on people as well you know so quit with the rubbish about me not wanting to find the Mafia.

If you would be so kind, of course. :smile:

First Ithi, I didn't lead this train on Turin, I stated my own case in light of his reactions to another's pressure: nice try setting me up for a subsequent lynch though.

Second, if Turin flips mafia, would that vet me to you, as you say if he flips town ill be the next to fall? I get a sneaking suspicion you'll still find a way to try to paint me as scum.

And I think I am perfectly allowed to most my thoughts about Turin, since you all seem so keen on linking the two of us together all the time.

And Random, I've had you on my 'To be Lynched' list for a while now, you just keep reinforcing it. But it's my list and not anyone elses :smile: Why are you acting so hurt lol. Can you tell me where I said you were leading the Train, or that I thought everyone should go for you if it doesn't work out? because I'm pretty sure I didn't say that. In fact the only thing I said about you was that you were setting up subsequent possible lynches.

Wow ... just wow. :blink:

I never said that if Turin flips Town, Random will be the next to fall btw. Why are you making stuff up Random?

I've been quite clear about my feeling that only Mafia like to try and set up future lynches based on the outcomes of the current day. They like to get the Town to blame people see. It's not really my thing. Of course the outcomes of lynches and the events of the Night do help me form my opinions, but I just don't do the future domino thing. It tends to end up biting you in the bum. Best to have a real feeling and reason for the person you are voting at the time you are voting for them.

Vote count

Nolder (1) - Ed

John Snow (1) - Ithi

Rand (1) - Time

Darthe (2) - Snow, Maw

Time (1) - Cyan

Maw (1) - Darthe

Random (2) - Turin, Dice

BG (1) - Nolder

Turin (3) - Des, Random, Rand

Not voting: Tress, Matty, Kaylee, BG, LZM

With 18 alive it takes 10 to lynch.

Deadline Thursday 9 PM CET. (+1) That is 25 hours and 30 minutes left.

Now, what I would say is that I'm a little determined to get my man (or woman) sometimes. I'm like the Canadian Mounty of Mafia, and I'm curious that my thoughts on John Snow and Random havne't been taken on and nudged into an easy lynch that I would happily expend a lot of time and effort in pursuing. The mafia could have easily done that, if my suspect were Town, and then they could have blamed me for it and got me lynched as recompense ... and yet nothing. And John Snow is still very quiet.

Just a little musing and pondering of mine. But alas, I'm finishing work soon and then home to a house that is no doubt destroyed and full of pots to wash and toys to tidy, and then when all that has been done I will probably just want to sleep. or have a glass of wine. Or finish of the NFL game that we recorded on Monday morning - I think we are in the 3rd quarter now.

It's always good the read things carefully Random. As Despo has pointed out, I have an odd turn of phrase or way of structuring sentences sometimes. It's an English thing lol. AND it is exactly how I speak too :smile:

Good morning vietnam.

And Happy Anniversary, Despo.

I'm personally not a fan of meta-gaming, but if people are saying you are playing to your meta, I'll go with it for now.

I think we need to hear from some of our lurkers: wheeloftime13 4 Despothera 4 Songstress 3 LedZepMan 3 Kaylee 1 I know we've heard from despo, but the rest need to get in here and post.

Nolder (1) - Ed

John Snow (1) - Ithi

Rand (2) - Time, BG

Darthe (2) - Snow, Maw

Time (1) - Cyan

Maw (2) - Darthe, Matty

Random (2) - Turin, Dice

BG (1) - Nolder

Turin (3) - Des, Random, Rand

Not voting: Tress, Kaylee, LZM

With 18 alive it takes 10 to lynch.

Deadline Thursday 9 PM CET. (+1) That is less than 23 hours from now.

Wow. Votes are spread wide.

I dont like the ithi/random quarrel. Looks like the kivam gambit to me. So your back and forth actually makes both of you look scummy. Yes ithi. I said you look scummy.

Darthe threw out a wild bone and then stepped back into the shadows when he didnt get results it seems. Smells like town.

And the rest of you havent really done anything worth commsnting on.

So im gonna vote ithi

So I notice that EP stated that he is a mod GODDESS.

Accurate.

He did indeed.

Dudes, why wouldn't I character claim? We are getting this game going. Also,Unvote Vote Ithi. See above.

This says to me that he's just looking for an easy bandwagon. VOTE DARTHE

I'm kinda torn... there is no real thing to put true weight on yet...

"I'm totally playing and involved with the game. Look how helpful I am!"

People are making cases over lots of things bro.

Yes, that is true... Turin should know that we would question his behavior towards defending Ithi in a mafia game, as that (as you said) breaks all bonds... *thinking*

I will FOS Turin for the time being...

"Ooh look, a plausible case. I think i'll follow it"

Nope, I don't wanna vote Turin at the mo because its not a real heavy charge! Also, we should give him a defence...

This isn't defending him! Just making him come up with an aliby...

"What, people objected to the case i piled on? Time to go in the other direction!"

There's no such thing as Scummy ... there are mistakes that people make that make, and actions and responses that they do, that make people believe they are on the Mafia Team. If people do these things, then the mistake or action should be pointed out and explained - just saying something is scummy is very weak and poor play.

Besides ... I'm sure that at least in some of those games you were Town, so people were wrong sometimes about you lol. It is usually the Mafia Team who use terms such as Scummy or Flounder etc and they hope that if they say them enough, some of it will stick. It's because they have difficulties making genuine cases because they know that the people they are accusing aren't actually Mafia lol so they just go 'scummy scummy, flounder flail, over defensive' and hope that no-one notices that they haven't actually said anything that is truly viable.

Plus it isn't actually a word or term that you can defend against apart from saying 'no I am not scummy' and if you ask why people think you are scummy you get accused of being overly defensive. It is a brilliant ploy by them, but one to be aware of.

My bold: Play can defenitely be scummy. Scummy is a term used to describe play that could easily be attributed to being mafia. It isn't always, but it makes the person look as if it is.

Everyone has checked in.

Meaning BG read and acknowledged his role PM and has yet to post

that smells of third party to me

BG has actually posted 15 times in this game, and is the fourth most active poster, barring the Mods.

Scummy, scummy, scummy skimmer :tongue:

In this case it may not actually be scummy, but it is defenitely weak play. Not a mafia tell, just one that he's not actually paying attention.

Just woke up and read the last pages, and I don't think I like the way Maw darts in, pointing out the others post to try and get attention to them...

Vote Mawthex

These are all of Mawthrex's posts in the game. I placed a light vote on him based on reactions to my early plays. Where is yours coming from? The only person he has really made any jabs at it is you.

Wow. Votes are spread wide.

I dont like the ithi/random quarrel. Looks like the kivam gambit to me. So your back and forth actually makes both of you look scummy. Yes ithi. I said you look scummy.

Darthe threw out a wild bone and then stepped back into the shadows when he didnt get results it seems. Smells like town.

And the rest of you havent really done anything worth commsnting on.

So im gonna vote ithi

This made me lol :rolleyes:

Haha you know, revealing occasionally has a purpose. Or perhaps it has none! I will leave you to decide why I would do such. Regardless of that it is, on occasion, a worthy and purposeful strategy that you are limiting yourself by absolutely rejecting. And, I have only character claimed besides.

Archived