DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

[LIGHT VS SHADOW]: Black Tower Mafia Game

Gabriel Kross

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There's no such thing as Scummy ... there are mistakes that people make that make, and actions and responses that they do, that make people believe they are on the Mafia Team. If people do these things, then the mistake or action should be pointed out and explained - just saying something is scummy is very weak and poor play.

Besides ... I'm sure that at least in some of those games you were Town, so people were wrong sometimes about you lol. It is usually the Mafia Team who use terms such as Scummy or Flounder etc and they hope that if they say them enough, some of it will stick. It's because they have difficulties making genuine cases because they know that the people they are accusing aren't actually Mafia lol so they just go 'scummy scummy, flounder flail, over defensive' and hope that no-one notices that they haven't actually said anything that is truly viable.

Plus it isn't actually a word or term that you can defend against apart from saying 'no I am not scummy' and if you ask why people think you are scummy you get accused of being overly defensive. It is a brilliant ploy by them, but one to be aware of.

My bold: Play can defenitely be scummy. Scummy is a term used to describe play that could easily be attributed to being mafia. It isn't always, but it makes the person look as if it is.

Everyone has checked in.

Meaning BG read and acknowledged his role PM and has yet to post

that smells of third party to me

BG has actually posted 15 times in this game, and is the fourth most active poster, barring the Mods.

Scummy, scummy, scummy skimmer :tongue:

In this case it may not actually be scummy, but it is defenitely weak play. Not a mafia tell, just one that he's not actually paying attention.

And yet you have not unvoted him, is his alleged inactivity not your only reason for voting him? Are you just trying to attract his attention perhaps?

Yeah I guess you could say that

For all the posts he's made I don't really have any memory of him having a presence in this thread

Maybe that's my fault but I wouldn't mind some new input all the same

Where will you go from here, Nolder?

Through dangers untold and hardships unnumbered

I'm in agreement with Ithi. Just using the word scummy without an explanation of why is a copout. I also dislike the use of the word "flail." It irritates me. Someone might be overactive in defending themselves, true, but people throw out the word flail WAY too often.

If you have a case, make it, otherwise I can't take you seriously.

If anything I'm most in agreement with Despo so far. So instead of listening to Turin about choosing Random or Snow and letting him dictate that lynch, let's vote Turin and see what happens instead.

Vote Turin

If anything I'm most in agreement with Despo so far. So instead of listening to Turin about choosing Random or Snow and letting him dictate that lynch, let's vote Turin and see what happens instead.

Vote Turin

Personally I like keeping Turin, Ithi, and Des alive for awhile if they're all in a game together

They can usually keep each other in check until one of them becomes obviously town/scum which is what usually happens

Don't unbalance it!

My internet connection is being unaccountably stupid this morning, so I'm stuck on my phone for a bit, which makes paging back through the thread a giant pain because it takes half of forever, and posting even more so.

I'll be back later with a few things when i don't want to break something.

Just reading up here (welcome Despo), I'm still of the opinion that either Turin or Ithi are mafia. Turin's post to just vote snow or I to see who turns on who sounds like he's not as interested in finding mafia as he is setting up players to look bad to the rest.

I'm not basing my play here off anyone's meta, which is a gift and a curse from what I see. If I look at the game objectively, Turin and Ithi both are playing to what people expect them to do, and have been supported and condemned respectively by this.

The WIFOM here is if they're both mafia, they're doing what we expect. If Turin is mafia, he made a bold choice defending Ithi, knowing it could be chalked up to meta. If Turin is town, he is genuinely playing his meta. If Ithi is mafia I think she would be a little more hesitant to be in the spotlight this much D1.

So.... My thought is only one of them is mafia, but at least one is. My most likely candidate by play is Turin. My gut tells me despite disagreeing with Ithis conclusions, she's town.

vote Turin

Archived