DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

[LIGHT VS SHADOW]: Black Tower Mafia Game

Gabriel Kross

Honestly, with the amount of activity I don't have a real mafia read on anyone just yet.

Darthe's whole play is the most interesting. Of anyone who has commented, it split our reactions down the middle: he is or isn't telling the truth.

Now, my first instinct is that he's town trying to get the game going. But without a power role to somehow protect himself, it seems like a big risk. Plus, he's out there for everyone to scrutinize.

My next read through makes me question this instinct, because the post doesn't seem to work in towns favor any way I look at it. The options as I see it are:

He's telling the truth and made a bold play.

He's mafia, using a fake claim to stir up suspicion on those who question him or ignore the claim.

He's third party trying to draw out a good first target, like a good D1 scum hunter.

There could be more possibilities, but those seem like the most likely scenarios to me for now, and I feel this play will be what affects the D1 lynch the most.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Honestly, with the amount of activity I don't have a real mafia read on anyone just yet.

Darthe's whole play is the most interesting. Of anyone who has commented, it split our reactions down the middle: he is or isn't telling the truth.

Now, my first instinct is that he's town trying to get the game going. But without a power role to somehow protect himself, it seems like a big risk. Plus, he's out there for everyone to scrutinize.

My next read through makes me question this instinct, because the post doesn't seem to work in towns favor any way I look at it. The options as I see it are:

He's telling the truth and made a bold play.

He's mafia, using a fake claim to stir up suspicion on those who question him or ignore the claim.

He's third party trying to draw out a good first target, like a good D1 scum hunter.

There could be more possibilities, but those seem like the most likely scenarios to me for now, and I feel this play will be what affects the D1 lynch the most.

This post pings me and here is why from bottom to top.

There are far more possibilities but you are, with your bottom line seemingly narrowing us to use this as candidacy for a lynch.

If I was third party I would need to stay hidden. I already know who plays well etc because I know almost all of these people so that doesn't make sense.

If I was mafia I would use a better fake claim than a weak Red bonded forcibly to an Asha'man.

Fair enough.

Is questioning my instinct parallel to marking me as anti-town in play? Because you distinguish it as such in line 4.

This one is the big one. I am quoting the part that sticks out. "But without a power role to somehow protect himself, it seems like a big risk." Pingpingping I never role claimed.

Top line is obvious.

Reads:

With my prod vote on Ithi and their reactions, Turin and Ithi are town.

Everyone else is too damn quiet.

I have school, but I am here now.... and so far I think that you're guess on Ithi being town is correct, but it's still kinda early to tell for sure.

Hmm, we'll Darthe I don't know everyone in here mafia wise much at all. But I wasn't questioning your instinct, I was questioning mine.

I still feel you're town, I was just voicing my thoughts on the whole play. I admit there could be far more possibilities, those were just the three I thought most likely.

I used that word to indicate the behavior of someone I'm starting to think is mafia.

Snow wasn't prodded to vote for me, I don't see any evidence to the contrary. Saying differently seems to me as though you're trying to twist what happened from a joke into a play by mafia. Now, you could be right, he might be mafia. But your case seems based on absolutely nothing, and also led focus off the votes you had just received too.

That is why I think this is a little scummy.

Hmm, we'll Darthe I don't know everyone in here mafia wise much at all. But I wasn't questioning your instinct, I was questioning mine.

I still feel you're town, I was just voicing my thoughts on the whole play. I admit there could be far more possibilities, those were just the three I thought most likely.

Epic play.

Vote count

Nolder (1) - Ed

John Snow (1) - Ithi

Ithillian - (1) Rand

Rand (2) - Time, Turin

Darthe (3) - Snow, Nolder, Maw

Time (1) - Cyan

Maw (1) - Darthe

Not voting: Dice, Tress, Matty, Kaylee, BG, LZM, Des, Random

With 18 alive it takes 10 to lynch.

Deadline Thursday 9 PM CET. (+1)

unvote. Vote Random.

I think that the mafia use the word "scum" in excess when trying to cast suspicion on their chosen lynch candidate. As if by saying it enough some will follow along just because they haven't got a good read on anyone.

Call it what you will random, what you are doing is certainly defending. Why you are doing it is the question?

Moddess can we get a listing of those that have not checked in yet? And if the lurks could be prodded it would be greatly appreciated.

I was under the impression from my first two games that scum and mafia were basically synonyms in this game. Since you can't make mafia an adjective describing behavior easily, I just used the other word. Ping I guess would work.

You really think I'd be sticking my neck out for anyone at this point in the game, against Ithi no less (knowing full well that would incur your wrath, Turin) if I was actually mafia? Not a chance.

What I did was challenge Ithis reasoning, and got an interesting reaction from her, as well as one from Turin.

If I wanted to try and lead a wagon on Ithi, wouldn't it stand to reason I'd have voted for her by now?

Turin, you might just be genuinely saying that, but you sure chose an opportune moment to appear and try to help Ithi.

FYi Turin and Ithi almost always stick together. It is quite the lovely bond. Also, Random is town here. Good pressure guys but his newbie flailing doesn't fit his recent scum meta. Oh and Random, Ithi doesn't like the word scum.

I was under the impression from my first two games that scum and mafia were basically synonyms in this game. Since you can't make mafia an adjective describing behavior easily, I just used the other word. Ping I guess would work.

You really think I'd be sticking my neck out for anyone at this point in the game, against Ithi no less (knowing full well that would incur your wrath, Turin) if I was actually mafia? Not a chance.

What I did was challenge Ithis reasoning, and got an interesting reaction from her, as well as one from Turin.

If I wanted to try and lead a wagon on Ithi, wouldn't it stand to reason I'd have voted for her by now?

Turin, you might just be genuinely saying that, but you sure chose an opportune moment to appear and try to help Ithi.

Or you could be doing just that simply because it's so ridiculous that no one would think you'd actually do it as mafia.

Though for some reason I'm thinking your town.

Turn defending Ithi is expected, so it doesn't really imply anything game related.

FYi Turin and Ithi almost always stick together. It is quite the lovely bond. Also, Random is town here. Good pressure guys but his newbie flailing doesn't fit his recent scum meta. Oh and Random, Ithi doesn't like the word scum.

Only the Mafi know who Town is for sure on Day 1. And he isn't flailing, he is trying to appear calm and logical - he's just getting stuff wrong. Flail is a negative term often used by the Mafia along with scum.

Hey guys, I'm really sorry for the late start. I didn't let any of the mods know, but this weekend I was celebrating my first anniversary with Niki, so I was indisposed. Running audit right now but as soon as I'm finished I'll get all caught up and share my thoughts

im not liking randoms fonting its all together then suddenly its not then it is again. I dont post from a phone but i wouldve thought it would use the same font all the time. You getting instructions Random? the way you are defending 'he who knows nothing' may not be because you are mafia but it definitely could be because you are together

Vote Random

Vote count

Nolder (1) - Ed

John Snow (1) - Ithi

Ithillian - (1) Rand

Rand (1) - Time

Darthe (3) - Snow, Nolder, Maw

Time (1) - Cyan

Maw (1) - Darthe

Random (2) - Turin, Dice

Not voting: Tress, Matty, Kaylee, BG, LZM, Des, Random

With 18 alive it takes 10 to lynch.

Deadline Thursday 9 PM CET. (+1)

Everyone has checked in.

Hey guys, I'm really sorry for the late start. I didn't let any of the mods know, but this weekend I was celebrating my first anniversary with Niki, so I was indisposed. Running audit right now but as soon as I'm finished I'll get all caught up and share my thoughts

You prioritised your anniversary instead of BT Mafia?! No, seriously, happy anniversary. I can´t believe it has gone a whole years since you got married.

Archived