DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

HP WEEK Mafia Game: GAME OVER, MAFIA WINS!

Sakaea

• Replies 852
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Don't read unless you've watched HP7:

I was sad when Moody died, even though it was off-screen.

Did you not read the books hon?

The movies are good enough for me. I never had much interest in the books.

You shall be smitten.

I'm up to page eleven, and the only thing that stuck out to me is Niel being so eager to jump on Heart's train. But maybe there'll be some interesting stuff as the joke vote phase passes.

Oh. Hmm. Interesting. At this point I'm inclined to think inexperience contributed to Sunrise's behaviour. (Which I agree was very scummy.)

That's what I was thinking myself. Personally, I think that Ironeyes should be given the chance to explain what he sees before any more votes against him. Because he couldn't control what Sunrise did any more than any one of us could control the weather.

Yeah, I don't know why my predecessor did what he did. It baffles me completely. But I know that I'm a) town and b) more experienced so I won't do anything like that.

Now, for FOS's- Before all that crazy stuff about the deadline and random lynch, Mashi and Dice stuck out to me for jumping on Heart for her WOT. It's a well known fact that Heart is really into those, and it doesn't make sense for Dice of all people to vote her over one. Especially because he's played with her before!

Also, I still think WoT 13 was making some comments that a newbie put on the scum team could VEEERRYYY easily let slip out. I'm going to keep my eye on that one...

Oh. Hmm. Interesting. At this point I'm inclined to think inexperience contributed to Sunrise's behaviour. (Which I agree was very scummy.)
That's what I was thinking myself. Personally, I think that Ironeyes should be given the chance to explain what he sees before any more votes against him. Because he couldn't control what Sunrise did any more than any one of us could control the weather.

Much appreciated, Razen.

I only pick cuz I'm so fond of ya Marsh. Just a joke.

And no cracks on Snape. Severus was the Man.

I'll see how this plays out, if I can see by your play a reason to unvote, then I will. Like I said, I have a few others I wouldn't mind taking a look at as well. When I get home from work, I'll get a WoT put together to sort out my thoughts.

• Community Administrator

I agree with Tamerya; it's hard for us who haven't played before. I, personally, don't have any idea what we're supposed to be talking about. I asked in an earlier post if talking about drinking and stuff is all everyone does. What else do we do?

As for joke voting, I picked Arez first for frivolous reasons, and once AH pointed out some scumminess, I switched to a more logical choice (which was Nyanna). However, when someone, can't remember who, pointed out it's bad to have a random kill, I switched to WoT13 because she was the closest to being majority. I'm just trying to follow the rules.

As for Sunshine, it does seem odd that he didn't vote for WoT13, because now we don't have any information about the allegiance of Dice. Odds were someone in town would be killed, so if WoT was town as well, at least we would have known. But, it was also Sunshine's first time playing, so maybe he did make some noobie mistakes. I'll hold off voting for Ironeyes, for now.

But, I really do think Nyanna says some pretty ambiguous things. The WIFOM stuff seems like a diversion tactic.

Vote Nyanna.

I agree with Tamerya; it's hard for us who haven't played before. I, personally, don't have any idea what we're supposed to be talking about. I asked in an earlier post if talking about drinking and stuff is all everyone does. What else do we do?

:smile: This, this exactly is what you do:

As for joke voting, I picked Arez first for frivolous reasons, and once AH pointed out some scumminess, I switched to a more logical choice (which was Nyanna). However, when someone, can't remember who, pointed out it's bad to have a random kill, I switched to WoT13 because she was the closest to being majority. I'm just trying to follow the rules.

As for Sunshine, it does seem odd that he didn't vote for WoT13, because now we don't have any information about the allegiance of Dice. Odds were someone in town would be killed, so if WoT was town as well, at least we would have known. But, it was also Sunshine's first time playing, so maybe he did make some noobie mistakes. I'll hold off voting for Ironeyes, for now.

But, I really do think Nyanna says some pretty ambiguous things. The WIFOM stuff seems like a diversion tactic.

Vote Nyanna.

Especially that last paragraph, you're doing well :wink:

Hmm I think it's pretty safe to disregard anything I normally say D1 :tongue:

You do have a point with the WIFOM, but that's pretty general fact about what a mafia team may do. And I only mentioned that once, pretty early on too, so I wouldn't really see that as trying to be a diversion tactic :P

Awh sorry you died Dice :( Prof. McGonagall is teh awesome.

Right... Ive got a FoSy gut feeling that Ishy, Raena and Basel ping me the most. It seems to me that the first couple of votes on WoT13 'yesterday' were jokes, and then -assuming shes town - the mafia piled on, and what came after was just the players who were around trying to prevent a no lynch. This just makes sense to me seeing as mafia do often make up the middle part of a train where it seems safest...in my opinion :)

And I don't think Sunrise is scummy at all - there were quite few of us others that didn't hop on the train (absence, or other reasons). Will do some more rereading later, I've already gone back a few pages and the way you three esp. jumped on WoT13 for the numbers thing just seems off.

Good morning :)

Nya, WoT made a scum slip in people's eyes, and that's why she pickd up votes. The way she posted, it came off as her knowing for certain how many scum there are. This is something only the scum team could know with any reasonable degree of certainty. They won't know if there is an SK or other third-party player, but they do know how many on their own team.

As to your comment about those of us after the first couple of votes, which I read as legitiamte responses to her slip and not joke votes at all: this part of your case overlooks one big thing. Who begins a train is dependent very heavily on who is online right after someone makes a slip. WoT made her comment about there being a specific number of mafia at 2:11 PM my time, and I was at work. Ishy and Raena both made their votes before I got home. And that's not even including the time it takes me to catch up with what everyone has posted all day while I've been gone. I got a ping as soon as I read WoT's post, before I even saw that other people had caught it before me. Does having a workday somehow make me scummy? FoS for you calling their serious reactions to a scum slip joke votes. It sounds like you are trying to cast Ishy and Raena as making joke votes in order to put suspicion on the people who followed them.

For your bit about Sunrise: yes, there were others who weren't on WoT's train. But Sunrise was the only one to vote someone else with 1 1/2 hours to deadline, when the vote count was at L-1. At that time, there was a very good chance that if he didn't vote WoT, it would go random. Which means blatant protection of a scummate in my book. His reason for this vote was just that Ishy has Forsaken in his DM name. And lest we forget, he also had joke voted Ishy earlier in the day:

Vote Ishy. Cause he has the name of the tallest Tower of Midnight.

Nya, your defense of Sunrise is noted.

Welcome to the game Mersh. Too bad you're having to replace someone that made it completely apparent that you're Mafia. Harsh.

Not an enviable position.

Welcome to the game Mersh. Too bad you're having to replace someone that made it completely apparent that you're Mafia. Harsh.

I am not mafia, and I am not responsible for Sunrise Lord making mistakes. Glad to see you again, too.

No you're not responsible for his errors, but you still inherited his character, alignment, and role. If he was scum, and I think that he was, then you are scum as well.

I think you are right on both counts. It was scummy, and it was inexperienced. It's just the sort of move an inexperienced scum member would make. A more seasoned player would know how godawful a move this is for scum. I'm guessing he did it on his own initiative, without checking with his team first.

Ho-kay. So what's everyone up to? I've spent the last two hours calling the police and the fire department numerous times, since the firealarm in the building over the street was blaring. We couldn't see anything, neither flame nor smoke, but still. It took them an hour and a half to get there! Blah. And I was having such a nice, relaxing evening watching the commentary on Lord of the rings.

Archived