DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

HP WEEK Mafia Game: GAME OVER, MAFIA WINS!

Sakaea

• Community Administrator

I agree with Tamerya; it's hard for us who haven't played before. I, personally, don't have any idea what we're supposed to be talking about. I asked in an earlier post if talking about drinking and stuff is all everyone does. What else do we do?

:smile: This, this exactly is what you do:

That's boring, because I don't drink.

Rather, let's talk about which Zelda dungeons/temples are the hardest to beat. I HATE the Water Temple in Ocarina of Time. It kicked my butt.

And, be careful, Mish!

~Mashi

I always HATED the water temple.... Though I didn't love the temple out in the desert either... Oooo that makes me wanna play Zelda soooooo bad *sighs*

The desert temple wasn't nearly as bad as the water temple. I bought Ocarina of Time for my 3DS and stopped playing as soon as I got to the water temple. The blasted thing just makes me SO angry! I was stuck on it for DAYS when I played it the first time. It never occurred to me to try to go underwater in the building in the middle. And since it was released in 1998, I didn't have computer access to find a FAQ--of one even existed at that time. Completely ruined my love of that particular game. Wind Waker is better, anyway.

• Replies 852
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Awh sorry you died Dice :( Prof. McGonagall is teh awesome.

Right... Ive got a FoSy gut feeling that Ishy, Raena and Basel ping me the most. It seems to me that the first couple of votes on WoT13 'yesterday' were jokes, and then -assuming shes town - the mafia piled on, and what came after was just the players who were around trying to prevent a no lynch. This just makes sense to me seeing as mafia do often make up the middle part of a train where it seems safest...in my opinion :)

And I don't think Sunrise is scummy at all - there were quite few of us others that didn't hop on the train (absence, or other reasons). Will do some more rereading later, I've already gone back a few pages and the way you three esp. jumped on WoT13 for the numbers thing just seems off.

Good morning :)

Nya, WoT made a scum slip in people's eyes, and that's why she pickd up votes. The way she posted, it came off as her knowing for certain how many scum there are. This is something only the scum team could know with any reasonable degree of certainty. They won't know if there is an SK or other third-party player, but they do know how many on their own team.

Yarr okay I can see why you guys might have thought that...still, it's suspish.

But, I admit I kinda overlooked the exact impact of that statement first time round, just went back and reread, and now I see why.

But all the newest newbies were reading the mafiaz wikis at the time, so I can see how she might've read that somewhere and thought it was like that for every game = posted it as such.

Then again you could be totally right :rolleyes:

As to your comment about those of us after the first couple of votes, which I read as legitiamte responses to her slip and not joke votes at all: this part of your case overlooks one big thing. Who begins a train is dependent very heavily on who is online right after someone makes a slip. WoT made her comment about there being a specific number of mafia at 2:11 PM my time, and I was at work. Ishy and Raena both made their votes before I got home. And that's not even including the time it takes me to catch up with what everyone has posted all day while I've been gone. I got a ping as soon as I read WoT's post, before I even saw that other people had caught it before me. Does having a workday somehow make me scummy? FoS for you calling their serious reactions to a scum slip joke votes. It sounds like you are trying to cast Ishy and Raena as making joke votes in order to put suspicion on the people who followed them.

Quite right on some of the things here, but on the contrary I was judging Razen and Tamerya's votes as jokes, and those that came after as a hopping-on of scummies to set up a train...And as I said, only FoSing yet, so why get all defensive when I havent even voted? :wink::tongue:

Also, tis only you three putting pressure on the formerlySunrise now... found that the WoT13 train didn't work out, next victim?? :P

For your bit about Sunrise: yes, there were others who weren't on WoT's train. But Sunrise was the only one to vote someone else with 1 1/2 hours to deadline, when the vote count was at L-1. At that time, there was a very good chance that if he didn't vote WoT, it would go random. Which means blatant protection of a scummate in my book.

hmm yes, but...he mightnt have known about randoms etc. Like he said, he "wasn't feeling like ganging up tonight", and I totally know what he means lol. I've been having to practice separating general niceness from cutthroat mafiaz since I started playing not long ago. I can see how it would be hard to pile on a lynch one didn't believe in. Even if it was so close to deadline *shrug*

His reason for this vote was just that Ishy has Forsaken in his DM name. And lest we forget, he also had joke voted Ishy earlier in the day:

Vote Ishy. Cause he has the name of the tallest Tower of Midnight.

Nya, your defense of Sunrise is noted.

Lovely :happy: just keep that in mind too when he turns out town, m'kay? :wink:

Now, Nya, how would you know that Sunrise would have flipped town? That sounds like something you wouldn't know unless you were mafia. Vote: Nya.

The desert temple wasn't nearly as bad as the water temple. I bought Ocarina of Time for my 3DS and stopped playing as soon as I got to the water temple. The blasted thing just makes me SO angry! I was stuck on it for DAYS when I played it the first time. It never occurred to me to try to go underwater in the building in the middle. And since it was released in 1998, I didn't have computer access to find a FAQ--of one even existed at that time. Completely ruined my love of that particular game. Wind Waker is better, anyway.

lol my brothers bought the paper guide... but I had it when we had an N64 and now I have it on my Wii, but it's on the wii at my parents' house.. not the one at my house now that I'm married.. I THINK i might can transfer my game over, but I'm just not sure.. I do miss my zelda though.. I had Twilight Princess on my Wii, but my brother borrowed it and I have never gotten it back...

On to mafia things... I still don' t know who to vote for but i have a feeling I will vote before the end of today... may have to do a re-read of the whole convo and maybe see if i can pick out a pattern... right now though I just don't know.. Sunrise did seem kinda scummy after reading over some of his stuff... HOWEVER, his defending WOT could mean many things IF Ironrise (lol) is scummy.. it could be that he KNEW that WOT was innocent and thought that they would be lynched and his defense would look townie or it could be that Ironrise really is a town... Regardless, there's no way to be sure about them unless we lynch them both, but that goes for anyone right now.. the only person who might possibly know a bad guy for sure is the cop that we're not even sure that we have anymore *sighs*

Now, Nya, how would you know that Sunrise would have flipped town?  That sounds like something you wouldn't know unless you were mafia. Vote: Nya.

Not hardly...

XD couldn't resist :P

There are other ways of assuming, or knowing lol, not just being mafia! :rolleyes:

Hmm I think it's time for a vote... Razen, and If I change my vote later still a big FoS for saying that I must be mafia for that, maybe trying to mislead newbies hmmmm??? :P

Or at the very least trying to focus only on that instead of considering other possibilities?

:smile:

Im really in doubt. I have no idea how to vote. But Im also struggling to put away my kindness :P "I can't vote when I'm note sure! So mean to help kick someone off the game! What if they'r innocent? Waaaaaah" lol :P

:laugh:

There's sooo many mafia games here - and I've been lynched often without being angry or hurt at it lol. It's just a game, and remember some people even make friendships over this! (the crazies! :laugh:) :tongue:

Right now we can't be sure really as the random night kill kinda threw things up... So we don't really have a choice but latch on the even smallest appearing things and hopefully gain more info from the next lynch!! :)

So what's the update? Can you compile info for me so I dont have to go through SPAM?!

LAZY. The whole point of playing is to read what people say for yourself and then decide if they are scummy or not.

VERY :P

So from what I can see people are blaming Sunny for protecting WoT13 ... but thanks to the random lynch we dont have much to go off of ...

HMMMMM

Must decide who to VOTE for...

I still suspect AH ...

Im really in doubt. I have no idea how to vote. But Im also struggling to put away my kindness :P "I can't vote when I'm note sure! So mean to help kick someone off the game! What if they'r innocent? Waaaaaah" lol :P

Keep in mind that even lynching townies can give us valuable information. I've played games where a town lynch right in the beginning started the town on the path of winning.

• Community Administrator

So what's the update? Can you compile info for me so I dont have to go through SPAM?!

LAZY. The whole point of playing is to read what people say for yourself and then decide if they are scummy or not.

Niel doesn't seem to concerned with finding out who the scum is... perhaps because he already knows?

Niel doesn't seem to concerned with finding out who the scum is... perhaps because he already knows?

Tsk. Tsk. Not at all I am/was on vacation so I had other things to do... SORRY FOR APPERANCES...

Nice catch, Mash. It's something worth keeping an eye on, at least.

VERY :P

:p

;)

Eh, don't worry about it love. It's the name of the game and people understand.

Besides, like Nya said, friendships are often made over this game. It's how Ishy and I started after all :moiraine:.

Archived