DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

HP WEEK Mafia Game: GAME OVER, MAFIA WINS!

Sakaea

Yeah there was no fire. But if it had been, there would have been HUGE damage in the hour+ that it took from they got the first call until they finally showed up! It's a foodstore the alarm was coming from, but there are apartments at the end of that building.

• Replies 852
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I agree with Tamerya; it's hard for us who haven't played before. I, personally, don't have any idea what we're supposed to be talking about. I asked in an earlier post if talking about drinking and stuff is all everyone does. What else do we do?

As for joke voting, I picked Arez first for frivolous reasons, and once AH pointed out some scumminess, I switched to a more logical choice (which was Nyanna). However, when someone, can't remember who, pointed out it's bad to have a random kill, I switched to WoT13 because she was the closest to being majority. I'm just trying to follow the rules.

As for Sunshine, it does seem odd that he didn't vote for WoT13, because now we don't have any information about the allegiance of Dice. Odds were someone in town would be killed, so if WoT was town as well, at least we would have known. But, it was also Sunshine's first time playing, so maybe he did make some noobie mistakes. I'll hold off voting for Ironeyes, for now.

But, I really do think Nyanna says some pretty ambiguous things. The WIFOM stuff seems like a diversion tactic.

Vote Nyanna.

As Nya already said, very well done, this is a well thought out post. Just look for things that look suspicious, point them out to the rest of us and vote accordingly. Keep doing this, and you'll be well on your way to a successful Mafia career. :biggrin:

And sometimes it may take a few RL days until you begin to notice stuff like that, it doesn't always happen as soon as the game starts. Don't get annoyed if you don't have anything meaningful to say immediately, that's what the spam is for. You'd be surprised at what kind of reads you can get from the early spam. But it usually stops after N1 and we get down to business.

Good job!!

Methinks Ishy is a big too eager to point out everyone's scummy-ness *shifty eyes* Ishy is a very seasoned player, he makes me nervous :P

Aw, I'm just a big, loveable teddy bear, I don't even have fangs or claws. And ask Key and Kae, I don't bite. Usually.

• Community Administrator

I agree with Tamerya; it's hard for us who haven't played before. I, personally, don't have any idea what we're supposed to be talking about. I asked in an earlier post if talking about drinking and stuff is all everyone does. What else do we do?

:smile: This, this exactly is what you do:

That's boring, because I don't drink.

Rather, let's talk about which Zelda dungeons/temples are the hardest to beat. I HATE the Water Temple in Ocarina of Time. It kicked my butt.

And, be careful, Mish!

~Mashi

It's all ok, there fire alarm is off an the police is gone, so false alarm. But it's moments like this (that luckily are few and far between) that I do wonder why I chose to live in the central city... :P

Ishy, you don't bite? Disappointed now :(

Glad everything is okay Mish!

Methinks Ishy is a big too eager to point out everyone's scummy-ness *shifty eyes* Ishy is a very seasoned player, he makes me nervous :P

Aw, I'm just a big, loveable teddy bear, I don't even have fangs or claws. And ask Key and Kae, I don't bite. Usually.

No comment >.>

She's kidding Mashi. That's what some people do, but mafia is really all about reading what people say, reading INTO what they say and making your interpretation on that. Someone else makes an interpretation on what you think, and so on. It's a big detective game *g*.

Oh noez Mish, hope everyones okay in your neighborhood!

Rather, let's talk about which Zelda dungeons/temples are the hardest to beat. I HATE the Water Temple in Ocarina of Time. It kicked my butt.

And, be careful, Mish!

~Mashi

*headdesk* I was referring to the post following my statement, hence -> : :laugh:

I don't drink either. Way too likkle :P

Oh noez Mish, hope everyones okay in your neighborhood!

And, be careful, Mish!

~Mashi

*headdesk* I was referring to the post following my statement, hence -> : :laugh:

I don't drink either. Way too likkle :P

I saw what you were doing there Agn......I mean, Nya. :tongue:

Awh sorry you died Dice :( Prof. McGonagall is teh awesome.

Right... Ive got a FoSy gut feeling that Ishy, Raena and Basel ping me the most. It seems to me that the first couple of votes on WoT13 'yesterday' were jokes, and then -assuming shes town - the mafia piled on, and what came after was just the players who were around trying to prevent a no lynch. This just makes sense to me seeing as mafia do often make up the middle part of a train where it seems safest...in my opinion :)

And I don't think Sunrise is scummy at all - there were quite few of us others that didn't hop on the train (absence, or other reasons). Will do some more rereading later, I've already gone back a few pages and the way you three esp. jumped on WoT13 for the numbers thing just seems off.

Good morning :)

Nya, WoT made a scum slip in people's eyes, and that's why she pickd up votes. The way she posted, it came off as her knowing for certain how many scum there are. This is something only the scum team could know with any reasonable degree of certainty. They won't know if there is an SK or other third-party player, but they do know how many on their own team.

Yarr okay I can see why you guys might have thought that...still, it's suspish.

But, I admit I kinda overlooked the exact impact of that statement first time round, just went back and reread, and now I see why.

But all the newest newbies were reading the mafiaz wikis at the time, so I can see how she might've read that somewhere and thought it was like that for every game = posted it as such.

Then again you could be totally right :rolleyes:

As to your comment about those of us after the first couple of votes, which I read as legitiamte responses to her slip and not joke votes at all: this part of your case overlooks one big thing. Who begins a train is dependent very heavily on who is online right after someone makes a slip. WoT made her comment about there being a specific number of mafia at 2:11 PM my time, and I was at work. Ishy and Raena both made their votes before I got home. And that's not even including the time it takes me to catch up with what everyone has posted all day while I've been gone. I got a ping as soon as I read WoT's post, before I even saw that other people had caught it before me. Does having a workday somehow make me scummy? FoS for you calling their serious reactions to a scum slip joke votes. It sounds like you are trying to cast Ishy and Raena as making joke votes in order to put suspicion on the people who followed them.

Quite right on some of the things here, but on the contrary I was judging Razen and Tamerya's votes as jokes, and those that came after as a hopping-on of scummies to set up a train...And as I said, only FoSing yet, so why get all defensive when I havent even voted? :wink::tongue:

Also, tis only you three putting pressure on the formerlySunrise now... found that the WoT13 train didn't work out, next victim?? :P

For your bit about Sunrise: yes, there were others who weren't on WoT's train. But Sunrise was the only one to vote someone else with 1 1/2 hours to deadline, when the vote count was at L-1. At that time, there was a very good chance that if he didn't vote WoT, it would go random. Which means blatant protection of a scummate in my book.

hmm yes, but...he mightnt have known about randoms etc. Like he said, he "wasn't feeling like ganging up tonight", and I totally know what he means lol. I've been having to practice separating general niceness from cutthroat mafiaz since I started playing not long ago. I can see how it would be hard to pile on a lynch one didn't believe in. Even if it was so close to deadline *shrug*

His reason for this vote was just that Ishy has Forsaken in his DM name. And lest we forget, he also had joke voted Ishy earlier in the day:

Vote Ishy. Cause he has the name of the tallest Tower of Midnight.

Nya, your defense of Sunrise is noted.

Lovely :happy: just keep that in mind too when he turns out town, m'kay? :wink:

Oh, welcome to the game Marsh! :smile: I gotta get used to using your name instead of Sunshine's now lol.

I only pick cuz I'm so fond of ya Marsh. Just a joke.

And no cracks on Snape. Severus was the Man.

I'll see how this plays out, if I can see by your play a reason to unvote, then I will. Like I said, I have a few others I wouldn't mind taking a look at as well. When I get home from work, I'll get a WoT put together to sort out my thoughts.

Now that's an intriguing position for me. I know how to keep my nose clean, and I know how to help catch scum. But I've never before had to try and clear my own name for someone else's actions. I don't know how on earth to start.

Ishy is kind of like Mynd; throws FOS's all over the place. The main difference between them is that Mynd has a major tendency to make the game for the town, and Ishy... he has serious talent for winning as scum.

Also, tis only you three putting pressure on the formerlySunrise now... found that the WoT13 train didn't work out, next victim?? :P

hmm yes, but...he mightnt have known about randoms etc. Like he said, he "wasn't feeling like ganging up tonight", and I totally know what he means lol. I've been having to practice separating general niceness from cutthroat mafiaz since I started playing not long ago. I can see how it would be hard to pile on a lynch one didn't believe in. Even if it was so close to deadline *shrug*

Just cause SunIron (IronRise?) is scum doesn't make WoT town. Given the way Sunrise was defending her, I'd say it makes her more likely to be scum. If people want to go back to WoT, I would happily oblige. IMO Sunrise made the bigger scum slip, but they did both make scum slips. As for the joke votes, I had actually forogt about Razen and Tamerya.

And, be careful, Mish!

~Mashi

I always HATED the water temple.... Though I didn't love the temple out in the desert either... Oooo that makes me wanna play Zelda soooooo bad *sighs*

Mod Goddesses: I have a vacation coming up next weekend, but the hotel I am going to be at has a desktop setup in the lobby. I will be in St. Louis from Thursday to Sunday, but don't expect to need a replacement.

Thanks for letting us know Basel, we'll keep it into account :). Glad you don't expect to need a replacement!

Archived