DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Horray!

Adella

*worst story teller ever* :unsure: Oooook...

So, there are a few places every year around Portland (where we live) that set up really good Christmas light displays... I guess I need background info first, I knew he had the ring, and knew he wanted to propose sometime in December. He told me a couple of weeks ago that we were gonna go on a few dates this month, and for each one I was gonna get blindfolded until we got to our destination. So, Saturday night we hop in the car and he hands me a blindfold (this was date #2 this month BTW) so I sigh and put it on (I get a little car sick wearing it).

First he takes me down to the Portland International Raceway, which sets up Christmas lights all along the racetrack for the holidays, and we have a good time just slowly going through and looking at the lights, just talking and enjoying each others company. I totally thought this was the only part of the date, but once we got done with it, he has me put the blindfold back on.

When I can see next, we are in a parking garage, and I figure out that we are downtown. First, we stopped really quick for dinner, cause I was starving, nothing special, just Subway. Then we go walking, and since I have no sense of direction I have no clue where we are downtown, until we turn a corner and I see this:

christmas-tree-portland.jpg

Annually, Portland sets up a huge Christmas tree downtown, and I have to say, this year it is the prettiest that I have seen. So, we go down to see the tree, he takes a couple of pictures of me in front of it, and then comes up really close and gives me a kiss. Then, out of the blue, he says my name and pulls out the ring, proceeding to pop the question. Thank GOODNESS he didn't get down on one knee, there were tons of people around, and I would have been waaaayyyyy too embarrassed to function! >.< But, I said yes, and we went right home to tell both of our parents and phone our friends...

YAY! now you come back to DM yesh?

I'm just lurking everywhere now... :rolleyes:

Archived