2. Lessa Nikia

3. ed2funy

4. Elgee

5. Rhea

6. Devil's Advocate

7. Verbal32

8. LedZepMan: alohomora on slytherin door

9. Gentled Ben (mentor: Nynaeve): confundo on troll

10. dicetosser1: finite incantatum on fire(and troll...whoops)

11. Dar'Jen Ab Owain

12. Darthe

13. Daruya: lumos 

14. charis sedai

List of Spells:

Accio - summons an object within sight to the group's location

Alohomora - unlocks doors and chests

Bombarda - creates a small explosion

Confundo - causes the target to become confused and befuddled

Finitie Incantatem - terminates all spell effects in the vicinity of the caster

Lumos - creates a narrow beam of light that shines from the wand's tip

Protego - protects the group from minor to moderate jinxes, curses, and hexes

Reparo - reassembles a shattered object

Silencio - silences a target

Wingardium Leviosa - levitates, moves, and manipulates distant targets

Any loot received through this process will not be publicly revealed, though the recipient will be known.  Players are free to claim, lie, or remain silent about what they have received.

• Replies 833
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• RP - LEGACY

Something of a technical question: can the same spell be used more that once? I'm thinking they would have to be since everyone playing is to use one, but just want confirmation.

Oh and look, playing mafia again, and learning about HP in the process.

Right now I'm looking around at everyone, trying to decide who to trust and what to do.

And why is Slytherin the wrong choice? Just cuz it produces more Death Eaters per capita?

Seems like that's the place to be to weed out scum. Go where your prey is.

Good thinking, there.

And why is Slytherin the wrong choice? Just cuz it produces more Death Eaters per capita?

Seems like that's the place to be to weed out scum. Go where your prey is.

Good thinking, there.

It is true that Slytherins are more likely to be Death Eaters and thus want to wreak havoc by loosing the troll.  I'm willing to go along with this strategy for now.  We have to start somewhere.

Sorry, getting my threads mixed up! LOL! 

I need to re-think this. I don't think Slytherin is the way to go. Will be back in a few to post why.

We all know the immediate traitor has to be someone in Dumbledore's Army. As there are no Slytherins in DA, we need to start by finding the snitch (and I'm not talking about Quidditch here). No, the snitch has to be someone in Gryffindor, Ravenclaw or Hufflepuff. It makes more sense to check there first, so now I'm suspicious of Led's choice of going through the Slytherin door first. If we find the snitch, we'll find the ones who recruited him or her.

Darthe, you don't have a target for your Wingardium Leviosa spell.  Are you lifting the troll? Are you lifting his club or a rock to drop on his head? Please be more specific (before the mod logs back on) so the troll can be neutralized before he neutralizes one or all of us!

We all know the immediate traitor has to be someone in Dumbledore's Army. As there are no Slytherins in DA, we need to start by finding the snitch (and I'm not talking about Quidditch here). No, the snitch has to be someone in Gryffindor, Ravenclaw or Hufflepuff. It makes more sense to check there first, so now I'm suspicious of Led's choice of going through the Slytherin door first. If we find the snitch, we'll find the ones who recruited him or her.

Recruitment?!?!

Not sure if that's a slip or not but I'm gonna roll with it.

[unvote] [v]Daruya[/v]

Recruitment?!?!

Not sure if that's a slip or not but I'm gonna roll with it.

[unvote] [v]Daruya[/v]

Yes, recruit. While possible, I don't think our snitch went to Umbridge and volunteered. Umbridge had to have something on this person or they'd never have betrayed us.  Maybe recruit is the wrong word. Perhaps blackmail and/or threats.  Either way, it's the same result: Toad-face knows about DA.

Dar, what about polyjuice potion? I know it breaks about 50 school rules and Umbridge wouldn't have a problem with putting students in danger to accomplish her goals. But what if some of the Inquisitorial Squad have taken some of the potion of whoever betrayed us and infiltrated the DA?

That is possible, Lessa. However, anyone taking Polyjuice had to have been drinking it very regularly during our DA meetings. Remember how often Moody (actually Crouch Jr) took swigs from his flask when he was teaching here?

It's possible Led was thinking Slytherin is usually scum so that's why he chose the Slytherin door. But it's also possible he chose that door to throw us off of the path of the DA member who betrayed us. I'm not ready to vote him yet - not even an OMGUS vote -- but he's on my radar. 

I'd probably have chosen the Ravenclaw door. Hufflepuffs are unfailingly loyal so I'm slightly less suspicious of them than of Ravenclaw.

Hey all, this seems like the right time to go ahead and

WINGARDIUM LEVIOSA

Success!

It wasn't.... quite what we had expected, but as the troll gently floated up off the ground and over the side of the bridge, no one could complain.

Well I guess the troll could complain, but he'd fallen well out of earshot by now.

9RKwFdG.jpg

At last you are free to proceed! You find a large chest at the end of the path.  It is locked tight.  Whoever unlocks it will receive its spoils.

*wades through the pool of water with the group towards the chest*

*points wand at the chest and utters a spell*

Alohomora

Success!

edAtOKJ.jpg

The lock binding the small chest snaps open.

Unfortunately it's still way out of reach.  You all swim back to shore and crawl out looking like a bunch of drowned rats.

No longer sealed, whoever summons the chest to their location will receive its spoils.

Edited by Shad_