DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Harry Potter Week - Dumbledore's Army Mafia Game Thread [GAME OVER-MAFIA WINS]

Adella

• Replies 833
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

People like to make assumptions - I find it's better to address things like this sooner rather than later, especially since a lot of mistakes tend to happen D1 in mafia. If we have a town-sided Slytherin PR, it would be such a waste if they were anxious about being Slytherin and got themselves lynched as a result.

i disagree. im probably gaming the mod here but bear with me.

in the canon there are NO slytherins in the DA and this game IS called Dumbledores Army.

The scum have safe claims this leads me to believe they are names we knoiw and names we would automatically lynch.

Dice, your not making sense here. The mafia have safe claims. I expect those safes will include at least one "major" character and That all the safes will be recognisable. So they could care less about having to claim a character name. They would probably even be willing to hint/breadcrumb one to start with.

That said I don't like devil implying that a PR from slytherin is a possibility. The MOD stated that the game is vanilla. We now know that there are gifts available to earn. There are NO inherent power roles that I can see.

thats my point turin. they HAVE safe claims. therefore i think their REAL characters are things like Draco  names that we would autolynch and names that are slytherin. So i DONT think we will have any town aligned Slytherins. THATS my point.

I had already considered the major names bit and in fact had it in my post but deleted it cause i didnt want to throw that WIFOM out there.

Nice little attempt at Shading at the end of that line there by the way.

Dice, if they have safe claims then they will never tell their real names so it is a fruitless search. we will only learn them when they are lynched.

Yeah, I don't see how names are fruitful at all. We can't share our mod PMs, so wolves will lie and towns will not and no one will be named Malfoy or Voldemort because wolves lie. Like you said, well know each one's real name as they die and at the end.

Dice, if they have safe claims then they will never tell their real names so it is a fruitless search. we will only learn them when they are lynched.

now im starting to think you are purposefully missing the point. Devil is trying to float that there may be Town Slytherins.

The point is that the canon doesnt support that and the fact that they have safe claims doesnt support that.

it is about Devils idea of a Town slytherin. get it?

And Dice what shade? If you were mafia and had a character you thought was solid you would not claim it in the QT and hint at it from the beginning so you could say look at this it must be true cause I ran with it from the start.

look at my first post then read that line from ure earlier post and think about WHY i think your throwing shade. 

Looking with side eyes at all the people voting Dar right now.

I think she is showing definite town process so far.

I like how you defend her here and slander me in the next post.

Where in the few pages we have do you see her "town process"

I already know where you stand on me.

I'm not sold on Daruya being scum. She used the word recruitment, which set off alarm bells in my head. Early D1 soft ping. Very soft.

But ya gotta start somewhere.

And then the flood of votes followed after.

@Dice, what's yer Daruya vote based off of?

I'd ask Darthe too, but I doubt he'll answer.

And Dice what shade? If you were mafia and had a character you thought was solid you would not claim it in the QT and hint at it from the beginning so you could say look at this it must be true cause I ran with it from the start.

Not directed at me, but nah. I wouldn't. Never understood soft claiming so early. As either side.

I've never played this game format, and I'm very rusty to say the least. And even though it's been a year I'm still so leery of Dice! LOL I will try to put my past experience aside for this. 

Zep has explained his choice of doors pretty well and I get the thought process of both Zep and Daruya, but it still looks a bit odd to pick Slytherin right out of the gate. Just sayin. 

Can anyone move the keystone at the bottom of the pit?

Hey! I was just doing my job!

You do it well!

People like to make assumptions - I find it's better to address things like this sooner rather than later, especially since a lot of mistakes tend to happen D1 in mafia. If we have a town-sided Slytherin PR, it would be such a waste if they were anxious about being Slytherin and got themselves lynched as a result.

in the canon there are NO slytherins in the DA and this game IS called Dumbledores Army.

The scum have safe claims this leads me to believe they are names we knoiw and names we would automatically lynch.

Dice, your not making sense here. The mafia have safe claims. I expect those safes will include at least one "major" character and That all the safes will be recognisable. So they could care less about having to claim a character name. They would probably even be willing to hint/breadcrumb one to start with.

That said I don't like devil implying that a PR from slytherin is a possibility. The MOD stated that the game is vanilla. We now know that there are gifts available to earn. There are NO inherent power roles that I can see.

thats my point turin. they HAVE safe claims. therefore i think their REAL characters are things like Draco  names that we would autolynch and names that are slytherin. So i DONT think we will have any town aligned Slytherins. THATS my point.

I had already considered the major names bit and in fact had it in my post but deleted it cause i didnt want to throw that WIFOM out there.

now im starting to think you are purposefully missing the point. Devil is trying to float that there may be Town Slytherins.

The point is that the canon doesnt support that and the fact that they have safe claims doesnt support that.

look at my first post then read that line from ure earlier post and think about WHY i think your throwing shade. 

Scary thing is...I am agreeing with you on all this. ^^

I am at work and will be spotty at best. But I will try!

I've never played this game format, and I'm very rusty to say the least. And even though it's been a year I'm still so leery of Dice! LOL I will try to put my past experience aside for this. 

Zep has explained his choice of doors pretty well and I get the thought process of both Zep and Daruya, but it still looks a bit odd to pick Slytherin right out of the gate. Just sayin. 

Can anyone move the keystone at the bottom of the pit?

Hey! I was just doing my job!

You do it well!

Scary thing is...I am agreeing with you on all this. ^^

I am at work and will be spotty at best. But I will try!

I'm actually not understanding all of this. :unsure:

Why don't you want to go after the snitch, Dice? We already know the Inquisitorial Squad are all Toad Face's pet Slytherins. I want to know who ratted us out.  

You go after the knowns if you want. I want to find the unknown, the one who gave us up.  Although I certainly won't have a problem if we identify one of the Inquisitorial Squad along the way.

I'm loving this new twist on the game, by the way. Adventure game meets mafia. Totally awesome!

Not enough people posting yet for me to vote so I'm holding off for a bit longer. Although, Zepp and Dice, I've got my eyes on you!

giphy.gif

Sometimes it is easier to find the obvious townies at first, and use that to narrow the pool of potential lynches to find scum.

I don't know why you're making such a big deal out of this, Dice.  Scum team may or may not be people in Slytherin.....and they have fake claims anyway, so why bother?  Just scumhunt the old fashioned way, and don't try to game the mod or setup or whatever.

This, at first glance, appears to be you harping on a small detail just to appear to be putting in effort.

We were plunged into a lost extension of the RoR but it was very dark.

Daruya cast LUMOS to light the path, revealing 4 doors (one from each House).

Zepp opened the Slytherin door using ALOHAMORA and voted Turin.

The Slytherin door opened revealing a cavern. On the right, a great pool of water with a small chest at the far end. On the left an angry troll.

Ben casts CONFUNDO at the troll and the troll lumbers away to a corner.

There’s an endless magical explosion now barring our path.

Dice appears and claims town and casts FINITE INCANTATUM which stops the explosions but also unconfunds the troll.

Darthe casts WINGARDIUM LEVIOSA. The troll levitates and drops off a bridge.

Rhea casts ALOHAMORA at the small chest and it opens but it’s still at the far side of the pool.

Zepp takes exceptions with Daruya’s choice of words; unvotes Turin and votes Daruya.

Daruya rebuts because words are just words. Recruit, blackmail, threats . . . regardless, Toad Face now knows about us because of the snitch.

Lessa asks about possibility of Polyjuice potion being used to disguise an Inquisitorial Squad member as a DA member (namely, the snitch).

Daruya agrees it’s possible. Daruya also says that Zepp may have opened Slytherin’s door because they are usually scum but it’s also possible he chose it to throw us off the snitch. Daruya suggested she may have selected Ravenclaw first because Hufflepuffs are unfailingly loyal, thereby less suspicious.

Zepp claims to have chosen Slytherin on a whim.

Lessa opens a large chest (where was this chest again?) using ALOHAMORA and gets the contents.

Turin uses ACCIO to obtain contents of small chest and votes Zepp.

Dice says that Daruya doesn’t want us scum hunting and votes Daruya because he says the Squad would most likely be Slytherin.

Daruya agrees that the Squad are most likely Slytherins but there is a traitor that isn’t because there are no Slytherin DA members. (DA members would KNOW this, by the way). Daruya is watching Zepp and Dice but isn’t going to OMGUS vote.

Darth votes Daruya without any reasoning. Turin asks why.

DJ uses Alohamora to open the Hufflepuff door. Inside is a small locked chest. Beyond it is a great pit. At the bottom is a keystone and slot for it in the rock wall.

Lessa asks Darth why he likes the Daruya vote and peers into the pit.

Devil’s Advocate expounds upon why it’s wrong to hate on Slytherin and says he won’t for Daruya because she chose to open the Slytherin door. He then uses Alohamora to open the Hufflepuff chest and receives its contents.

DJ agrees with DA to not judge based on house.

A couple people explain that Daruya isn’t the one who opened the Slytherin door.

Ben votes Daruya because he thinks the other thread she was talking about was the QT thread. (Aside: Has he even looked at the other HP Week events? For example, the Troll Hunt thread?)

DA says Daruya’s posts have been a bit confusing but isn’t lynch-worthy yet.

Various discussions about the game.

Rhea says she understands and agrees with Daruya about the snitch.

Ben says his vote for Daruya is grasping at D1 straws.

Charis says she doesn’t see anything yet to merit a vote.

Daruya explains what the confusion was between the two games (Troll Hunt vs Mafia).

Does that about cover it?

As an aside, I really struck a nerve there, didn't I? Are you feeling guilty or something? It is easy enough to look through my recent posts on my bio or the other threads themselves and see that I've posted in several of them, not that it would matter if I hadn't, and if and when I find a troll, I'll post in the trill hunting thread too, which again, is not similar to this thread. Straw or not, you are the only one reading wolf to me right now.

Aaaand, I found a troll. Defeating him was hard work for a hard head, and I'm now exhausted, so I'm off to bed. 9i34kBG.gif