DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Harry Potter Week - Dumbledore's Army Mafia Game Thread [GAME OVER-MAFIA WINS]

Adella

So I'm guessing one door has been opened and explored. Might as well try another one. Let's try from the other side.

Stands before the yellow door. "Alohomora."

(Waits patiently to see what happens and what is revealed.)

Success!

The Hufflepuff door creaks and slides open. You peer inside.

edAtOKJ.jpg

A small locked chest lies on the ground before you.

iuaAxJa.jpg

Beyond it lies a great pit. At the bottom, you can make out what appears to be a keystone, and a slot for it in the rock wall not far away. If only you could manipulate it from a distance...

• Replies 833
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I like the dar votes. [V]dar /v]

Why?

*follows DJ to the Hufflepuff door and peers into the pit*

I wonder what that would do. Maybe create a new path? Make steps rise so we could go down and explore?

Hello everyone~ I wasn't expecting such an interesting game format, so I may not end up doing too much on this first day as I'm still getting used to it.

Having said that, I'm afraid I have to disagree with the Slytherin hate. We don't know for sure that there aren't any Slytherins on our side. It seems much more plausible to me that there would be an even mix of players from all houses for the sake of fairness.

Besides, who says Slytherins have to be evil? Slytherins are about cunning, they pick the option that is most likely to lead to their own success. Surely, then, is it not the fault of society that so many Slytherins find that the easiest path to success is that of evil?

Sure, many of the Slytherin pure bloods are heavily prejudiced and treat us poorly - but then what does that make us, if we are equally willing to judge all Slytherins poorly just for the fact that they are Slytherins...? Doesn't that make us just as bad as them?

I don't support prejudice from either side. We're all people, and we shouldn't let the colour of anyone's house affect how we treat anyone as a person.

TLDR: Hating on Slytherin house is dumb, because then you're doing the exact same thing you're accusing them of doing. Judge by person, not by group.

Therefore, I will not be voting for Daruya just because they chose to open the Slytherin door first. Anyone else could have opened another door at any time, since we have enough players to open every door - so the order we open the doors in really doesn't matter.

[v] ZEP [/v]

I don't like his continually changing story about why he would pick the Slytherin path. I also am thinking that Dar is town due to her thought process. Also that she was willing to use up her only spell in order to get us started on the path knowing she would not really be gaining anything from it.

I did the same technically. I opened a door knowing full well I only had one use. Why is her door better than mine?

Hello everyone~ I wasn't expecting such an interesting game format, so I may not end up doing too much on this first day as I'm still getting used to it.

Having said that, I'm afraid I have to disagree with the Slytherin hate. We don't know for sure that there aren't any Slytherins on our side. It seems much more plausible to me that there would be an even mix of players from all houses for the sake of fairness.

Besides, who says Slytherins have to be evil? Slytherins are about cunning, they pick the option that is most likely to lead to their own success. Surely, then, is it not the fault of society that so many Slytherins find that the easiest path to success is that of evil?

Sure, many of the Slytherin pure bloods are heavily prejudiced and treat us poorly - but then what does that make us, if we are equally willing to judge all Slytherins poorly just for the fact that they are Slytherins...? Doesn't that make us just as bad as them?

I don't support prejudice from either side. We're all people, and we shouldn't let the colour of anyone's house affect how we treat anyone as a person.

TLDR: Hating on Slytherin house is dumb, because then you're doing the exact same thing you're accusing them of doing. Judge by person, not by group.

Therefore, I will not be voting for Daruya just because they chose to open the Slytherin door first. Anyone else could have opened another door at any time, since we have enough players to open every door - so the order we open the doors in really doesn't matter.

This is a little convoluted to say the least. You agree that most evil wizards are from Slytherin, then go on to say we shouldn't judge Slytherin because of that. :huh: I notice you didn't take up the cause of Daruya saying that Hufflepuffs are "unfailingly loyal." :unsure: Finally, Daruya didn't choose to open the Slytherin door--Led Zep did. Daruya waffled between, Sure. Gotta start somewhere, and Oops, wrong thread! Can't search Slytherin because we know the evil wizards are there. Let's look for where they aren't, instead.

have you read the books?

and u might want to reread if you think DAR opened the slytherin door. 

liking the faCT THAT ben myndmelded with me about the door opening point.

Rip, sorry, I'm terrible with names and it's my first time playing with any of you so it may take me a while to get familiar with you all. The fact that there are three people here who have a name that starts with Dar really doesn't help.

I agree that the things Daruya has been saying have been a bit confusing, but I don't think it's anything lynch worthy just yet. Seems mostly benign to me.

I watched all of the movies and read parts of a few of the books out of order thanks to shenanigans. I also read a lot of fanfics, so, a lot of my knowledge comes from there. My favourite character is Lucius Malfoy, closely followed by Lord Voldemort - so... Yeahh. I've read some really great fics where Lord Voldemort has his soul and sanity restored and proceeds to bring about some epic magical and political action. Oh, and I went to a LARP event in Poland that was loosely based off HP.

Anyway, my point about Slytherin not being 100% bad still stands regardless of who opened the door. Nobody is completely evil, we all do good things and bad things. Just because it's more common to find an evil Slytherin, doesn't mean every single Slytherin will be evil. Same with the Hufflepuff thing about being loyal... Houses are just meant to be a rough guideline to help you grow - they shouldn't be used to completely define who somebody is as a person. There are way more than 4 different types of people, so it's ridiculous to expect the houses to be able to accurately represent every single person.

Rip, sorry, I'm terrible with names and it's my first time playing with any of you so it may take me a while to get familiar with you all. The fact that there are three people here who have a name that starts with Dar really doesn't help.

I agree that the things Daruya has been saying have been a bit confusing, but I don't think it's anything lynch worthy just yet. Seems mostly benign to me.

I watched all of the movies and read parts of a few of the books out of order thanks to shenanigans. I also read a lot of fanfics, so, a lot of my knowledge comes from there. My favourite character is Lucius Malfoy, closely followed by Lord Voldemort - so... Yeahh. I've read some really great fics where Lord Voldemort has his soul and sanity restored and proceeds to bring about some epic magical and political action. Oh, and I went to a LARP event in Poland that was loosely based off HP.

Anyway, my point about Slytherin not being 100% bad still stands regardless of who opened the door. Nobody is completely evil, we all do good things and bad things. Just because it's more common to find an evil Slytherin, doesn't mean every single Slytherin will be evil. Same with the Hufflepuff thing about being loyal... Houses are just meant to be a rough guideline to help you grow - they shouldn't be used to completely define who somebody is as a person. There are way more than 4 different types of people, so it's ridiculous to expect the houses to be able to accurately represent every single person.

Fair enough. I'm not sure that anyone was saying that all Slytherins are Death Eaters or that all Death Eaters are Slytherins, but fair enough.

People like to make assumptions - I find it's better to address things like this sooner rather than later, especially since a lot of mistakes tend to happen D1 in mafia. If we have a town-sided Slytherin PR, it would be such a waste if they were anxious about being Slytherin and got themselves lynched as a result.

I've never played this game format, and I'm very rusty to say the least. And even though it's been a year I'm still so leery of Dice! LOL I will try to put my past experience aside for this. 

Zep has explained his choice of doors pretty well and I get the thought process of both Zep and Daruya, but it still looks a bit odd to pick Slytherin right out of the gate. Just sayin. 

Can anyone move the keystone at the bottom of the pit?

It's just my second game, and the first one did not have as much flavor as this one. Is that the right term? I think so. The first one was a WoT-themed game, but it was only WoT-themed for the first post and the final scene. The rest was just finger pointing and argument. This one is like a RP adventure thread with a mystery rolled into it. It is fun so far, but I am going to be stingier with my spells from here on out so that I can get some chest goodies, too. 

I used my spell early too but at least its moved us forward. I didn't get the goodies like I thought I would but hopefully those who do can use them to help. We might have to actually work together to keep moving through these halls! 

It was just an example, nobody has claimed a house so far that I've seen.

PR = Power Role

...I just double checked and it looks like there are no PRs here actually, but a similar situation could happen with someone who was a useful town speaker rather than a PR.

Thanks. So you mean Doctors and Vigilantes and stuff like that, right?

I used my spell early too but at least its moved us forward. I didn't get the goodies like I thought I would but hopefully those who do can use them to help. We might have to actually work together to keep moving through these halls! 

Yeah, that seems logical. :wink: