DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Cliché Mafia - Game Thread (GAME OVER - MAFIA WIN)

Leyrann

I am not reading you as anything yet. Other than a very aggressive player. Which, if thats your style ok cool. Usually those are good players overall. 

You seemed to have really latched on to me pretty fast, over pretty much nothing but I suppose it starts somewhere. I will tell you I am town but I can see your pretty tunneled. Later on that might not look good for you.

Turin's pretty much my top village read right now whatever your alignment lol.

I don't know how anyone gets a read on him this early, but he is def putting in work.

• Replies 977
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Alright,

Let's try this again

Firstly my reads.

1-Nin. Town lean

2-Me. Town

3-Marsh. Null

4-Dice. Null

5-Darthe. Null

6-Shad. Town

7-Dawn. Null

8-Killa. Scum lean

9-Nyn. Town lean

10. Turin- Town

Ok. Here's the why's and such. Now I'll post the post number and my explanation, but all these quotes are beyond me on mobile.

1- Nyn, In her big double post, #124, mentions Nyneave twice in a positive, pro town way. Which is what I'm getting from Nyn.

2- Me. Town.

3. Marsh. Not enough yet. Don't know

4. Dice. A little banter from him, but I haven't seen him do any digging either. Could go either way.

5. Darthe. Not enough from him. No read

6. Shad. I see him more town, he's been engaged and on even helped me see how Turin would get his read in post # 98. He also was the first to ask Killa if she got scum. Nin pointed it out.

7. Dawn. Not enough. She started dialogue, hopefully we get more.

8. Killa. I have to agree with Turin, she has been deflecting her way around most questions, and the ones she has answered I feel are a little inadequate. I think we got 1 on the ropes. Please don't make me quote all those.

9. Nyn. I feel she is town, regardless of the fact that I'm on her radar. And don't worry, I'll answer your last question in a minute. I'm already an hour into this post.

10. Top candidate for town imo, been digging the most, and brings up good valid points in Killa. Specifically posts 130, 137.

I like what I'm seeing so much, I want to put some pressure on [v]Killa[/v].

Now, on to my questions. Be back with the next one in twenty minutes lol.

This is good, Shad.  I don't care so much about the reads yet but the nyn and killa reads are fine and I agreed with Turins thoughts on Killa.

I like what Turins selling more than you. Is that a crime?

If you flip town, yeah I'm screwed. That makes me look more like I'm wagoning. I'm ok with that for right now.

So I get tossed together with Zep as scum team? Lololol

It was more a joke directed at Dice than I defense of Zep. Mainly because I am much more familiar with Dice than I am Zep. Zep was only a background to a really lame teasing of Dice.

*scratches head*

Thats some very interesting mental gymnastics there Turin.[/bold]

Of course like Niniel said it could be fishing for reactions. Ill put a pin in that for later consideration.

Turin Shad was my mentor for my second mafia game and has played two other DM games with me so far. I dont know how comfortable he is about reading me though, guess he will have to answer that part.

That's a deflection. Trying to nullify his opinion by making him seem unreasonable. When he was on me I didn't belittle his opinion.

With the bold I don't think so, It's just D1 man.

Yeah I wouldn't lynch Killa today.

This is basically how she would react as town.  Didn't get goaded into trying to give the thread what it wants.  Generally playing this exchange really smooth from a meta POV.  Decent chance she's a villager.

Wolfy?  

This lines up with my killa/shad reads nicely

OK, Zander-style catch up through page 5: 

For the folks who don't know Zander or what I'm talking about, I basically went through and pulled any quote that caught my attention or that I wanted to comment on, then wrote my comments without reading any further into the game. It gives a good picture of what my reaction to the game would have been if I'd been online at the time, which should help display my thoughts in a way that both helps us solve other people and helps all of you solve me. I like the style, even if if does make for a lot of long posts sometimes. 

Yay! Game time. Lets weed out the traitors to the crown.

I can see dice is already getting into some tin foil...

(Though firefly was good.)

Okay, so Killa and Zep are mafia. Is there a third or is that gg?

OK, first step outside the joke zone. Could have gotten passed off, but LZM decides to react to it: 

Yay! Game time. Lets weed out the traitors to the crown.

I can see dice is already getting into some tin foil...

(Though firefly was good.)

Okay, so Killa and Zep are mafia. Is there a third or is that gg?

Negative. At least on my end. Dunno bout Killa. [\unvote]

Throwing some shade around eh Turin?

Innocuous enough of a reaction. I actually find Turin's post more likely to be town than scum. Scum don't mind hiding in the joke phase; proactive townies are the most likely to break out of it. 

I can't believe there's only 10 players.

So.......

2 person scum team with possible recruitment, 1 SK/survivor with their own wincon, and the rest roled town.

Which sounds a lot better to me than a 3 person scum team. We'd only have two day phases if we Fubar it up.

Not happy with this post. I've been mislead too many times by scum "speculating" about setup, and it's way too early to be worrying about how many there are. 

Anything is possible because kitchen sink, but two scum is the most normal situation and I'll roll with that assumption until I see reason not to.

I agree with your reasoning, but it's still not something we need to spend our time on until we get a situation like, for instance, two scum dead and the game not over yet. Like I said, I'm really leery of scum using that sort of discussion to lead us down a rabbit hole. 

Anything is possible because kitchen sink, but two scum is the most normal situation and I'll roll with that assumption until I see reason not to.

[V] shad [/v]

Can you explain a little more of your reasoning please? 

I don't have a read on her. She's had.......1 post I believe. You could very well be right. She could be scum. I was failing to see how you connected me to her. I saw no defense there from her towards me.

She told Dice he was tinfoiling irt his joke vote on your slot.

You can read her post as a pure joke or as a joke with the underlying motive of manipulating Dice's perception of your slot, basically.  That's the connection--the "defense" potential, if you will.  It's a pretty classic Turin thing to call out, and the playful way he did it vs drawing more attention to his reasoning up front makes me think he's probably town.  At least, to the degree that I am willing to chuck out that opinion early in a game where I don't expect a huge volume of information to process and refine my reads by.

I think it's unlikely that Killa was trying to defend anyone there if scum, in so far as wolves seldom jump at an early joke vote.  Doesn't rule out any alignments, just not something I'm willing to bank an early read on.  I do think she came off awkwardly formal in both of those posts, which could just be how she speaks or could be that thing that especially new wolves do where they worry too much about how their tone is going to rub off on people in the joke phase and subsequently adapt an unnatural tone.  We'll see where it goes.

I like this post a lot. 

This is basically how she would react as town.  Didn't get goaded into trying to give the thread what it wants.  Generally playing this exchange really smooth from a meta POV.  Decent chance she's a villager.

Wolfy?  

Cool, so that was about all I had to say.  Will day always be this long?    [v] killa [/v] lets get a real train yall

Can you elaborate on your read on me a bit?

I am not reading you as anything yet. Other than a very aggressive player. Which, if thats your style ok cool. Usually those are good players overall. 

You seemed to have really latched on to me pretty fast, over pretty much nothing but I suppose it starts somewhere. I will tell you I am town but I can see your pretty tunneled. Later on that might not look good for you.

Turin's pretty much my top village read right now whatever your alignment lol.

I don't know how anyone gets a read on him this early, but he is def putting in work.

Basically can I see how he gets from A to B without stretching anything and does he treat it as a lead or as an excuse.

Cool, so that was about all I had to say.  Will day always be this long?    [v] killa [/v] lets get a real train yall

This day is longer because weekend and day 1, afterwards days will be 48 hours, while nights will be 24 hours. So yes, daily activity please.

Vote count:

Killa (2) - Turin, Led, Darthe

Not voting: Everyone else.

With 10 people alive, 6 votes are required for a lynch.

bla_1498082400.png

RULES UPDATE:

I forgot to mention in the original rules, but before you vote a new player you will need to unvote. As it wasn't in the rules yet, I've made an exception for Darthe. Rules will be updated to avoid any confusion.

Ahah for some reason I had a feeling as soon as I got my pm that I was going to end up on a lynch train day one. No idea why but it is funny for raisins. Anyway, how do I talk my way back into folks good graces? If not things will play out for me exactly as my hunch suspected.

tenor.gif

Edited by Killashandra

Wolfy?  

So you think it´s Killa and Shad?

Hm... I like Turin so far. It´s not that he couldn´t do this as mafia but why try so hard when a lot of people is absent a lot? I guess he is town. 

Not so sure about Shad. It feels like he is commenting a little here and there. I´m not saying that he is mafia but I don´t have him as town yet.

I like LZM´s list. It didn´t say much (since there are a lot of people that it´s hard to comment on) but he is trying and I feel that it´s townie. 

Darthe is here now, which is good. 

I´d like Dice and Nyn to post more. Those are people that I can follow if I think they are town. 

Will see what Iron comes up with. My first thought when I saw his first post is that he is town for posting like that. I mislynched him last game so I will try to pay more attention to him this game. 

Killa is the big target right now. I have no idea about her. Maybe you are right, maybe not. 

Who am I forgetting? Have to check.

Is that some kind of soft claim, Killa? Remember that we all have roles. (Or I think that was how Ley said it would be.)

I forgot about Dawn. 

So who to vote? Not sure yet. I´ll think about it and come back soon. 

Top of page 6, Turin asks this question: 

Hey you do you but seriously I am village.

Also I was riffing on the flavor and it was not a defense really since it Dice was joking and he did not even vote on it.

you may have nothing to worry about.

What do you make of Zep's defense/ lack of seeing that there was at least potentially something there irt my take on your post?

Killa proceeds to not answer it. Ever. And they spent most of page 7 going back and forth about related topics. 

It will probably pick up activity closer to deadline. I dont know if everyone has checked in yet.

So I get tossed together with Zep as scum team? Lololol

It was more a joke directed at Dice than I defense of Zep. Mainly because I am much more familiar with Dice than I am Zep. Zep was only a background to a really lame teasing of Dice.

*scratches head*

Thats some very interesting mental gymnastics there Turin.

Of course like Niniel said it could be fishing for reactions. Ill put a pin in that for later consideration.

Turin Shad was my mentor for my second mafia game and has played two other DM games with me so far. I dont know how comfortable he is about reading me though, guess he will have to answer that part.

I made a huge mistake in letting my brother find out that I have minecraft on my laptop, cause he keeps begging to borrow it. Hence why that post sat on my laptop for an hour while he puttered around building houses out of sea-lanterns...

Up to page 9 now 

Niniel, I can see that Shad's post could be seen as Killa defense. There is him calling out the behavior and the jab but then concluding that there is "nothing to see". He seems willing to give her the benefit of the doubt. keeping an eye on it.

Did you have any problem with Zep not seeing Killa's posts as a potential defense of Zep?

It is Iron that doesn't DM on Sunday.

I got a lot of this inversion application last game (I was scum).  It's strange to me.  People kept telling me that I was trying to lynch someone I'd been hard defending all phase.

If Killa and I were w/w (and I can assure you we are not) I think it would be pretty clear distancing in retrospect, not defending.  Could be defensive of LZM, if we were w/w/w.  I mean otherwise I'm conceding that her posts might be scummy for the sake of discrediting some early if w then w spec irt her and LZM.  Unless w/w/w I would be exceptionally more likely to discredit the individual negative towards a partner while relishing a false w/w connection, not the reverse.

People read too deep into me.

Shad. You say people read too deep into you. I think part of it is that you sometimes come across as too defensive(might not be right word choice). IMO this post is an example of it. I woulda just said "fair enough" and tossed BG my 5p royalty fee. 

My choice to say it COULD be seen as defending is because it is similar tot he technique Cory uses when he has a teammate that is in a bit of heat. He will call out a behavior and then just kinda let it sit on it or appear to be hashing it back and forth or sommat. 

BTW, you really had me levelled reading your posts last game. I was pretty sure it was Dice and Eldrick. It was only after I did the numbers and realised that the Mafia needed to keep the survivor around that I started looking at you.

I did see that people were saying odd things to you. that is a convo for another day tho. 

There's definitely a significant self-preservation aspect to my game in general.  Ultimately there's no one in the field who I'll understand better than I understand myself.  Setting the record straight from my pov gives bad vibes to people who don't know me, but it generally serves me well in either slot.  As a villager it forces players to be very explicit in their stance on me, as a wolf it's generally pretty successful in dodging any sussed for the wrong reasons scenarios as long as the village wants to play ball on a case-based logic level and not just roll with a more holistic scum read.

I can confirm; this is an accurate description of Shad's meta. 

...and the occasional ATE ragequit... :tongue:

I blame Zander for climate change, income inequality, and ants.

And communism. You forgot communism. 

Dawn, Darthe, Ironeyes are you out there?

Oh hai! 

Yep, I've been lurking. I'm still alive.

Honestly it might take me a while before I get the hang of the game, it's been so long. 

Honestly just say whatever stupid thing comes into your head. I've been doing that as long as I've been playing this game, and it usually works.