DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Cliché Mafia - Game Thread (GAME OVER - MAFIA WIN)

Leyrann

Shad was the first one to notice it. Have you played with Killa before? Do you know how to read her well?

I've read all four of her previous Mafia games. I knew her alignment in all but the first (she was town in each), so I haven't had much need to actually figure out her slot. Also she's never been scum before. So I have a reasonable degree of experience seeing her play but don't really know if I'll be able to read her well consistently or not. I figured her out quickly in the first game, but that had a lot to do with it being her first game.

Ok. I think I might mix her up with someone who started to play at the same time. Killa, we have played together, right?

• Replies 977
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't have a read on her. She's had.......1 post I believe. You could very well be right. She could be scum. I was failing to see how you connected me to her. I saw no defense there from her towards me.

She told Dice he was tinfoiling irt his joke vote on your slot.

You can read her post as a pure joke or as a joke with the underlying motive of manipulating Dice's perception of your slot, basically.  That's the connection--the "defense" potential, if you will.  It's a pretty classic Turin thing to call out, and the playful way he did it vs drawing more attention to his reasoning up front makes me think he's probably town.  At least, to the degree that I am willing to chuck out that opinion early in a game where I don't expect a huge volume of information to process and refine my reads by.

I think it's unlikely that Killa was trying to defend anyone there if scum, in so far as wolves seldom jump at an early joke vote.  Doesn't rule out any alignments, just not something I'm willing to bank an early read on.  I do think she came off awkwardly formal in both of those posts, which could just be how she speaks or could be that thing that especially new wolves do where they worry too much about how their tone is going to rub off on people in the joke phase and subsequently adapt an unnatural tone.  We'll see where it goes.

I didn't really feel like defense when I read it. I can sorta mayhaps get where the notion came from, but that's not the vibe I got. She does however feel a bit rigid.

Alright, not much time this lunch, so I'll probably only get two slots done. The rest are incoming after work.

Tell me with a straight face that you wouldn't be a bear with a sore ass right now if you randed scum again. :tongue:

Has Nyn been mafia a lot lately?

Sure doesn't guy.

[v] Dice [/v] cuz someone's gotta start this shin dig

I like this, trying to start things right away.

Yay! Game time. Lets weed out the traitors to the crown.

I can see dice is already getting into some tin foil...

(Though firefly was good.)

Okay, so here is the post that everyone is talking about. Don´t have much to say about it myself.

Killah did you rand wolf this time? Be honest.

Shad was the first one to notice it. Have you played with Killa before? Do you know how to read her well?

Okay, so Killa and Zep are mafia. Is there a third or is that gg?

[b{And here is Turin´s post. Not sure about if he really believs this or just looking for reactions. Turin, have you drawn any conclusions about people´s reactions to this so far?[/b]

At least I got the bold right.

[unvote]

I really like that LZM is very active so far. This is the only bad post. No point in starting the game with a vote if you are going to unvote a few pages later.

I like her thought process here. It reads as town to me. Umm, the bolded part.

Anything is possible because kitchen sink, but two scum is the most normal situation and I'll roll with that assumption until I see reason not to.

[V] shad [/v]

I don´t get it.

giphy.gif

It´s so cute.

One day I will come visit you. And then we will stay indoors so that I don´t have to see any of the Australian dangerous animals. :D

So you want to lock yourself in a room with dice instead? your argument is inavlid.

I think I´ve been in a room with worse than Dice. lol

Id really like to hear from Turin, (he's gotta be close to his lunch break), where that thing with Killa came from.

I get me, being as I ain't seen a fairly notable series of the sci-fi variety, but that was her first post and I just don't get it.

So Turin, all joking aside, what's the deal with your Killa (for lack of a better word) read?

What exactly do you "get" irt his read of you? if you think it's based on a tv show you haven't seen how is that even remotely relevant?

I like this question because it´s typical Nyn. Now, she is very good at being her townie self early game as either alignment. She said she won´t post much in this game and that will make it very hard for me to read her.

I don't have a read on her. She's had.......1 post I believe. You could very well be right. She could be scum. I was failing to see how you connected me to her. I saw no defense there from her towards me.

You can read her post as a pure joke or as a joke with the underlying motive of manipulating Dice's perception of your slot, basically. That's the connection--the "defense" potential, if you will. It's a pretty classic Turin thing to call out, and the playful way he did it vs drawing more attention to his reasoning up front makes me think he's probably town. At least, to the degree that I am willing to chuck out that opinion early in a game where I don't expect a huge volume of information to process and refine my reads by.

I think it's unlikely that Killa was trying to defend anyone there if scum, in so far as wolves seldom jump at an early joke vote. Doesn't rule out any alignments, just not something I'm willing to bank an early read on. I do think she came off awkwardly formal in both of those posts, which could just be how she speaks or could be that thing that especially new wolves do where they worry too much about how their tone is going to rub off on people in the joke phase and subsequently adapt an unnatural tone. We'll see where it goes.

Turin, do you read this as Shad defending Killa here?

Anything is possible because kitchen sink, but two scum is the most normal situation and I'll roll with that assumption until I see reason not to.

[V] shad [/v]

I don´t get it.

giphy.gif

It´s so cute.

One day I will come visit you. And then we will stay indoors so that I don´t have to see any of the Australian dangerous animals. :D

So you want to lock yourself in a room with dice instead? your argument is inavlid.

I think I´ve been in a room with worse than Dice. lol

Id really like to hear from Turin, (he's gotta be close to his lunch break), where that thing with Killa came from.

I get me, being as I ain't seen a fairly notable series of the sci-fi variety, but that was her first post and I just don't get it.

So Turin, all joking aside, what's the deal with your Killa (for lack of a better word) read?

What exactly do you "get" irt his read of you? if you think it's based on a tv show you haven't seen how is that even remotely relevant?

I like this question because it´s typical Nyn. Now, she is very good at being her townie self early game as either alignment. She said she won´t post much in this game and that will make it very hard for me to read her.

You can read her post as a pure joke or as a joke with the underlying motive of manipulating Dice's perception of your slot, basically. That's the connection--the "defense" potential, if you will. It's a pretty classic Turin thing to call out, and the playful way he did it vs drawing more attention to his reasoning up front makes me think he's probably town. At least, to the degree that I am willing to chuck out that opinion early in a game where I don't expect a huge volume of information to process and refine my reads by.

I think it's unlikely that Killa was trying to defend anyone there if scum, in so far as wolves seldom jump at an early joke vote. Doesn't rule out any alignments, just not something I'm willing to bank an early read on. I do think she came off awkwardly formal in both of those posts, which could just be how she speaks or could be that thing that especially new wolves do where they worry too much about how their tone is going to rub off on people in the joke phase and subsequently adapt an unnatural tone. We'll see where it goes.

Turin, do you read this as Shad defending Killa here?

The bolded again, btw this sux on mobile, reads as meta to me. Not sure wether I like this or not. Could be distancing.

And I gotta go, boss called lunch early. Sorry guys, more to come when I get off work.

I'd say Shad seems a bit suspicious considering how deeply he's reading into something I never would have given a second thought, especially since it seemed a bit too early in the game for that, but that might just be his playing style. It appears to me that here, he's accusing Killa of manipulation but wording it in a way to make it sound as though he really isn't, just to make us all think about it a bit, if that makes sense. Is Killa's tone in this game significantly different than how she normally speaks? I didn't notice anything unusual.

You can read her post as a pure joke or as a joke with the underlying motive of manipulating Dice's perception of your slot, basically.  That's the connection--the "defense" potential, if you will.  It's a pretty classic Turin thing to call out, and the playful way he did it vs drawing more attention to his reasoning up front makes me think he's probably town.  At least, to the degree that I am willing to chuck out that opinion early in a game where I don't expect a huge volume of information to process and refine my reads by.

I think it's unlikely that Killa was trying to defend anyone there if scum, in so far as wolves seldom jump at an early joke vote.  Doesn't rule out any alignments, just not something I'm willing to bank an early read on.  I do think she came off awkwardly formal in both of those posts, which could just be how she speaks or could be that thing that especially new wolves do where they worry too much about how their tone is going to rub off on people in the joke phase and subsequently adapt an unnatural tone.  We'll see where it goes.

I can't tell weather Shad is throwing some Defense Turin's way or if it's just his honest opinion........hmmmm.

Your conversation with Shad is about Killa and how your two came across to him irt behavior. What part of that would require him to defend Turin?  Seems like an off the cuff read to me.

Armchair philosopher's response says wolves try to emulate their village game and this manifests as presenting the same style of reasoning, reacting to things that they think they would react to as a villager, etc, but it's harder to emulate the attitude your village self would have irt a situation.  (That's basically how I got caught last game.)  "Okay, so Killa and Zep are mafia. Is there a third or is that gg?" reminds me of my own instinctive response to early reads: I recognize that I don't have much at all to work with and they might be crap, but anything feels good in the moment when you're necessarily starting with nothing, so I just yolo chuck it out there like it's obvious fully aware that I might be calling them both villagers a dozen pages later.  That's not really meta in that it's not specific to Turin.  I suppose you could call it a generic tell.

Alternative way of looking at it: it's less likely for a wolf to intentionally project pseudo-confidence to look villagery than for a wolf to try to project direct sincerity: "x is what I believe" vs "lol maybe it's just x".

Probably didn't hurt the feels that he called out someone who had pinged me a little.

>.>

My eyes should be recognized as a roller coaster ride....

Niniel, I can see that Shad's post could be seen as Killa defense. There is him calling out the behavior and the jab but then concluding that there is "nothing to see". He seems willing to give her the benefit of the doubt. keeping an eye on it.

TownShad often tiptoes back and forth a bit to cover his a$$ just in case he's wrong. Heh :tongue: . So making the distinction between him "playing it safe" and him sorta fence sitting is difficult.