DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Cliché Mafia - Game Thread (GAME OVER - MAFIA WIN)

Leyrann

So I get tossed together with Zep as scum team? Lololol

It was more a joke directed at Dice than I defense of Zep. Mainly because I am much more familiar with Dice than I am Zep. Zep was only a background to a really lame teasing of Dice.

*scratches head*

Thats some very interesting mental gymnastics there Turin.

Of course like Niniel said it could be fishing for reactions. Ill put a pin in that for later consideration.

Turin Shad was my mentor for my second mafia game and has played two other DM games with me so far. I dont know how comfortable he is about reading me though, guess he will have to answer that part.

got any feelz/musings not related to this topic so far?

• Replies 977
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Niniel, I can see that Shad's post could be seen as Killa defense. There is him calling out the behavior and the jab but then concluding that there is "nothing to see". He seems willing to give her the benefit of the doubt. keeping an eye on it.

Did you have any problem with Zep not seeing Killa's posts as a potential defense of Zep?

It is Iron that doesn't DM on Sunday.

I got a lot of this inversion application last game (I was scum).  It's strange to me.  People kept telling me that I was trying to lynch someone I'd been hard defending all phase.

If Killa and I were w/w (and I can assure you we are not) I think it would be pretty clear distancing in retrospect, not defending.  Could be defensive of LZM, if we were w/w/w.  I mean otherwise I'm conceding that her posts might be scummy for the sake of discrediting some early if w then w spec irt her and LZM.  Unless w/w/w I would be exceptionally more likely to discredit the individual negative towards a partner while relishing a false w/w connection, not the reverse.

People read too deep into me.

....what?! LOL

Well there, Turin pulled the posts up for me.

I said before this game started that I was going to try to mix it up a bit but wasn't sure how.  I think what that's turning into is something like Shad-Lite irt post count and I can't say I hate it.  Nice to have a calm game for a change.  :)

ENTERS NYN

Shad was the first one to notice it. Have you played with Killa before? Do you know how to read her well?

I've read all four of her previous Mafia games. I knew her alignment in all but the first (she was town in each), so I haven't had much need to actually figure out her slot. Also she's never been scum before. So I have a reasonable degree of experience seeing her play but don't really know if I'll be able to read her well consistently or not. I figured her out quickly in the first game, but that had a lot to do with it being her first game.

I have actually played a game where I randed scum recently. It was at another site though.

@Turin. I am newish. I tend to enjoy using and learning common use words in games, jobs or forums. So I tend to pick up the lingo of anything I do fairly quickly.

Shad seems to be himself but he did at the begining of the last game too. I thought he was town until about halfway through the game. Then his play kind of went off the track/erratic. (Imo)

So I will be waiting around on a definitive read on him.

Niniel, I can see that Shad's post could be seen as Killa defense. There is him calling out the behavior and the jab but then concluding that there is "nothing to see". He seems willing to give her the benefit of the doubt. keeping an eye on it.

Did you have any problem with Zep not seeing Killa's posts as a potential defense of Zep?

It is Iron that doesn't DM on Sunday.

I got a lot of this inversion application last game (I was scum).  It's strange to me.  People kept telling me that I was trying to lynch someone I'd been hard defending all phase.

If Killa and I were w/w (and I can assure you we are not) I think it would be pretty clear distancing in retrospect, not defending.  Could be defensive of LZM, if we were w/w/w.  I mean otherwise I'm conceding that her posts might be scummy for the sake of discrediting some early if w then w spec irt her and LZM.  Unless w/w/w I would be exceptionally more likely to discredit the individual negative towards a partner while relishing a false w/w connection, not the reverse.

People read too deep into me.

Shad. You say people read too deep into you. I think part of it is that you sometimes come across as too defensive(might not be right word choice). IMO this post is an example of it. I woulda just said "fair enough" and tossed BG my 5p royalty fee. 

He likes to hear the sound of his own voice. It's unfortunately extremely null for him.

Tell me with a straight face that you wouldn't be a bear with a sore ass right now if you randed scum again.  :tongue:

Has Nyn been mafia a lot lately?

She was in her last two games on DM.

#tooreal

*eyes Nyn suspiciously*

I'd say Shad seems a bit suspicious considering how deeply he's reading into something I never would have given a second thought, especially since it seemed a bit too early in the game for that, but that might just be his playing style. It appears to me that here, he's accusing Killa of manipulation but wording it in a way to make it sound as though he really isn't, just to make us all think about it a bit, if that makes sense. Is Killa's tone in this game significantly different than how she normally speaks? I didn't notice anything unusual.

Manipulation on her part wouldn't have anything to do with it.  The argument is that she might look nervous.

I'll give it a quick and proper ISO comparison tomorrow night when I have to actually figure out who I'll be voting this phase.

Alright,

Let's try this again

Firstly my reads.

1-Nin. Town lean

2-Me. Town

3-Marsh. Null

4-Dice. Null

5-Darthe. Null

6-Shad. Town

7-Dawn. Null

8-Killa. Scum lean

9-Nyn. Town lean

10. Turin- Town

Ok. Here's the why's and such. Now I'll post the post number and my explanation, but all these quotes are beyond me on mobile.

1- Nyn, In her big double post, #124, mentions Nyneave twice in a positive, pro town way. Which is what I'm getting from Nyn.

2- Me. Town.

3. Marsh. Not enough yet. Don't know

4. Dice. A little banter from him, but I haven't seen him do any digging either. Could go either way.

5. Darthe. Not enough from him. No read

6. Shad. I see him more town, he's been engaged and on even helped me see how Turin would get his read in post # 98. He also was the first to ask Killa if she got scum. Nin pointed it out.

7. Dawn. Not enough. She started dialogue, hopefully we get more.

8. Killa. I have to agree with Turin, she has been deflecting her way around most questions, and the ones she has answered I feel are a little inadequate. I think we got 1 on the ropes. Please don't make me quote all those.

9. Nyn. I feel she is town, regardless of the fact that I'm on her radar. And don't worry, I'll answer your last question in a minute. I'm already an hour into this post.

10. Top candidate for town imo, been digging the most, and brings up good valid points in Killa. Specifically posts 130, 137.

I like what I'm seeing so much, I want to put some pressure on [v]Killa[/v].

Now, on to my questions. Be back with the next one in twenty minutes lol.

I can't tell weather Shad is throwing some Defense Turin's way or if it's just his honest opinion........hmmmm.

Your conversation with Shad is about Killa and how your two came across to him irt behavior. What part of that would require him to defend Turin? Seems like an off the cuff read to me.

I wasn't referring to my conversation with Shad, I was responding to a sentence in Shads post. It's bolded.

I don't have a read on her. She's had.......1 post I believe. You could very well be right. She could be scum. I was failing to see how you connected me to her. I saw no defense there from her towards me.

She told Dice he was tinfoiling irt his joke vote on your slot.

You can read her post as a pure joke or as a joke with the underlying motive of manipulating Dice's perception of your slot, basically. That's the connection--the "defense" potential, if you will. It's a pretty classic Turin thing to call out, and the playful way he did it vs drawing more attention to his reasoning up front makes me think he's probably town. At least, to the degree that I am willing to chuck out that opinion early in a game where I don't expect a huge volume of information to process and refine my reads by.

I think it's unlikely that Killa was trying to defend anyone there if scum, in so far as wolves seldom jump at an early joke vote. Doesn't rule out any alignments, just not something I'm willing to bank an early read on. I do think she came off awkwardly formal in both of those posts, which could just be how she speaks or could be that thing that especially new wolves do where they worry too much about how their tone is going to rub off on people in the joke phase and subsequently adapt an unnatural tone. We'll see where it goes.

Irt to the bolded, is this a meta call for you or you going gut feeling?

It had nothing to do with Killa, but wether Shad was trying to cover for Turin, or just stating his opinion. I believe it now to be the latter.

Does that suffice.

Sorry. I am packing our whole place up for storage and we leave the country for the summer on the 26th. So things are getting a little tight on time for a couple days.

I almost feel like Zep is voting me to distance himself from attention since turin assumed I was defending him.

Explain to me how I am deflecting questions? This feels like BS word salad without pointing out how I deflected anything. I am not seeing it. Maybe I can clarify better if you can be a little clearer on this.

Do you think Zep would be more likely to do that as mafia or town? 

If you flip town do you think he will look better or worse for his treatment of you? You said earlier that I would look bad for pushing you. Where do you think mafia is more likely to be; pushing and leading lynches or standing one step behind and going "yeah. what he said."? 

One problem I am having with your game to this point is that there doesn't seem to be any drive to solve. you have thrown out some thoughts but they don't seem to take you anywhere. It is like you don't want to push because you don't believe what your selling because you KNOW it isn't true. I would like to see Zep come up with an original thought before I go thru all your posts and show my #werk. 

Alright,

Let's try this again

Firstly my reads.

1-Nin. Town lean

2-Me. Town

3-Marsh. Null

4-Dice. Null

5-Darthe. Null

6-Shad. Town

7-Dawn. Null

8-Killa. Scum lean

9-Nyn. Town lean

10. Turin- Town

Ok. Here's the why's and such. Now I'll post the post number and my explanation, but all these quotes are beyond me on mobile.

1- Nyn, In her big double post, #124, mentions Nyneave twice in a positive, pro town way. Which is what I'm getting from Nyn.

2- Me. Town.

3. Marsh. Not enough yet. Don't know

4. Dice. A little banter from him, but I haven't seen him do any digging either. Could go either way.

5. Darthe. Not enough from him. No read

6. Shad. I see him more town, he's been engaged and on even helped me see how Turin would get his read in post # 98. He also was the first to ask Killa if she got scum. Nin pointed it out.

7. Dawn. Not enough. She started dialogue, hopefully we get more.

8. Killa. I have to agree with Turin, she has been deflecting her way around most questions, and the ones she has answered I feel are a little inadequate. I think we got 1 on the ropes. Please don't make me quote all those.

9. Nyn. I feel she is town, regardless of the fact that I'm on her radar. And don't worry, I'll answer your last question in a minute. I'm already an hour into this post.

10. Top candidate for town imo, been digging the most, and brings up good valid points in Killa. Specifically posts 130, 137.

I like what I'm seeing so much, I want to put some pressure on [v]Killa[/v].

Now, on to my questions. Be back with the next one in twenty minutes lol.

You putting your questions together?

Bolded(mine): Do you actually think she is mafia tho?

My drive to solve is pretty low on the first day to be honest, thats pretty much usual for me. I am currently still one of the more active posters aside from you, Shad and Zep. Also I am not selling anything. lol If you want to build a wagon for me and send me hurtling down the hill for the first day lynch, for lack of a better option, then thats what your gonna do. You might want to watch Zep after though. He does seem to be just jumping on your coat tails to avoid you turning on him. 

Obviously my flavor reference and joke about dice did not go over well and if thats how you see it I dont really mind. Town has got to start somewhere and any day one death gets the ball rolling. I mean duh I am going to try to get out of it because I at least know I am town.