DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Cliché Mafia - Game Thread (GAME OVER - MAFIA WIN)

Leyrann

I'm finally caught up! 

Alright,

Let's try this again

Firstly my reads.

1-Nin. Town lean
2-Me. Town
3-Marsh. Null
4-Dice. Null
5-Darthe. Null
6-Shad. Town
7-Dawn. Null
8-Killa. Scum lean
9-Nyn. Town lean
10. Turin- Town

Ok. Here's the why's and such. Now I'll post the post number and my explanation, but all these quotes are beyond me on mobile.

1- Nyn, In her big double post, #124, mentions Nyneave twice in a positive, pro town way. Which is what I'm getting from Nyn.
2- Me. Town.
3. Marsh. Not enough yet. Don't know
4. Dice. A little banter from him, but I haven't seen him do any digging either. Could go either way.
5. Darthe. Not enough from him. No read
6. Shad. I see him more town, he's been engaged and on even helped me see how Turin would get his read in post # 98. He also was the first to ask Killa if she got scum. Nin pointed it out.
7. Dawn. Not enough. She started dialogue, hopefully we get more.
8. Killa. I have to agree with Turin, she has been deflecting her way around most questions, and the ones she has answered I feel are a little inadequate. I think we got 1 on the ropes. Please don't make me quote all those.
9. Nyn. I feel she is town, regardless of the fact that I'm on her radar. And don't worry, I'll answer your last question in a minute. I'm already an hour into this post.
10. Top candidate for town imo, been digging the most, and brings up good valid points in Killa. Specifically posts 130, 137.

I like what I'm seeing so much, I want to put some pressure on [v]Killa[/v].

Now, on to my questions. Be back with the next one in twenty minutes lol.

Good list. Pro tip: I'm town :biggrin:

My drive to solve is pretty low on the first day to be honest, thats pretty much usual for me. I am currently still one of the more active posters aside from you, Shad and Zep. Also I am not selling anything. lol If you want to build a wagon for me and send me hurtling down the hill for the first day lynch, for lack of a better option, then thats what your gonna do. You might want to watch Zep after though. He does seem to be just jumping on your coat tails to avoid you turning on him. 

Obviously my flavor reference and joke about dice did not go over well and if thats how you see it I dont really mind. Town has got to start somewhere and any day one death gets the ball rolling. I mean duh I am going to try to get out of it because I at least know I am town.

Italics: Flavour reference?? what are you talking about? If you are town then you should mind because a town death is a bad thing. the only benefit it gains is info and if you just accept it then that info is reduced.  

Bold: this fatalistic stuff gets me frustrated. It feels like the old "you can't catch mafia on D1 so I'm not gonna try." 

If you know you are town then you need to work to try to find mafia. If you think Zep is mafia because he is just following me then say so. vote him if you feel strongly enough about it. Saying you ar town is all well and good. You gotta BE TOWN. That means fighting for the town. 

I'm getting more sure at this point that you're just a wolf. 

And don't worry, Zep definitely still needs to show me he's town. 

This. Just all of this. 

So I get tossed together with Zep as scum team? Lololol

It was more a joke directed at Dice than I defense of Zep. Mainly because I am much more familiar with Dice than I am Zep. Zep was only a background to a really lame teasing of Dice.

*scratches head*

Thats some very interesting mental gymnastics there Turin.

Of course like Niniel said it could be fishing for reactions. Ill put a pin in that for later consideration.

Turin Shad was my mentor for my second mafia game and has played two other DM games with me so far. I dont know how comfortable he is about reading me though, guess he will have to answer that part.

I hate trying to explain this sort of thing.  If this post were less.. passive aggressive isn't the right term... what do you call it when someone is sort of "omg how you could think *I* am a wolf is beyond me!" in their tone?  That's what I am bothered by here, but I otherwise like the post.  Tbh, that could just be my take on Kill since Idk her well.

I like this post. I dislike the scarcity of posts like it from Darthe. Lurking is one of his favorite early-game tactics as scum in my experience 

Ahah for some reason I had a feeling as soon as I got my pm that I was going to end up on a lynch train day one. No idea why but it is funny for raisins. Anyway, how do I talk my way back into folks good graces? If not things will play out for me exactly as my hunch suspected.

That phrase I bolded definitely makes me nervous. I get town fatalism about dying since I often do the same thing when on the chopping block. But the way you worded that phrase makes me think you're more interested in surviving for its own sake than winning with your team. Not a towny thing to do. 

• Replies 977
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ahah for some reason I had a feeling as soon as I got my pm that I was going to end up on a lynch train day one. No idea why but it is funny for raisins. Anyway, how do I talk my way back into folks good graces? If not things will play out for me exactly as my hunch suspected.

first you keep playing. Ask people questions. Put down a vote, even if it is just for self-preservation. If it is ironic that you are getting run up on D1 due to your role, you might want to claim. This is advertised as a heavily roled game so...

You gotta give us something to go with.

dice-why-are.jpg

Cause i was watching where the killa stuff would go and didnt want to stick my oar in yet\

also yesterday was VERY long for me

Maybe I can get Dice into the game...

Warning:

FAKE CLAIM ALERT

Dice. I'm a Bodyguard

why-youll-see-more-of-this-fan-favorite-

but  really I'm not.

Good strategy.

Hey Dice I'm town :wink: :wink: :hopper:

you can both get bent :D

so killa

im thinking town. shes only got three votes but thats due to the slowness of the game so far. Noones really defended her unless u wanna call what shad said about seeing it being a joke.

So either mafia has cut their leg off since the beginning of D1   unlikely   or shes town.

could also be the games too inactive to really figure it out. but that can be solved by relooking at her later

ninis vote on me has me tinfoiling. its totally a vote she might throw on me but i feel its also a vote shed throw as mafia to distance herself  from the main train thats kinda questionable.

gonna vote shad cause I TOLD him i would if he did it and he did it. Im not sold on him either way  have seen him talk both sides of the fence last game after all.

serious thoughts are pointing at nini darthe and zepman

@Darthe  what are ure reasons on shad and killa?

Are you voting Shad because you think he is more likely mafia than the other 3 people?

i said exactly why im voting him in that earlier post.

ive got nyn and you as town so far wont vote either of u at this point.

Marsh left me going " thats a lot of words on a page but he still doesnt really say anything"  not sure what to do there

i voted him cause i told him i would if he threw that wolfs head or claimed scum.

theres an element of playfulness but also he told me was gonna do it the next time he rolled villager   but i note he didnt do it til you started hassling me. 

I WOULD lynch him for it but i am also playing

For some reason I have a feeling this means Killa has a powerful town role and we'll regret it if we lynch her, but who knows. There's no other reason I can think of that she'd feel this way.  Going with the unpopular opinion here and saying she's NOT scum. 

no darthe voted shad and killa iirc what i want is reasons he came in and in his first couple posts named them as scum. i wanna know if theres actual reasons or if hes just stirring the pot

What if he says it was just stirring? What if he says it was for no real reason at all?

bedtime for me. 'Night.

Marsh left me going " thats a lot of words on a page but he still doesnt really say anything"  not sure what to do there

Gimme some questions then, I'll answer them. Between writing an essay and packing for my friday flight, I'll be on and off my computer all day 

Marsh, if you had a gun and you have to shoot someone right now. Who you shooting?

TBH probably Darthe. I feel uncomfortable about him, and unlike Killa (my other sus atp) he isn't giving us much to judge him by. 

For some reason I have a feeling this means Killa has a powerful town role and we'll regret it if we lynch her, but who knows. There's no other reason I can think of that she'd feel this way. Going with the unpopular opinion here and saying she's NOT scum.

No sorry not a powerful role. Pretty self contained and doesn't really effect town at all good or bad. But am town and I hate to see town lose a villager out the gate.

Gun to my head I would have to vote Zep I can kind of see is logic for joining and getting a bandwagon on me but at the same time it felt a little more like redirecting attention from himself and ingratiating himself to the lead suspected townie, Turin. Turin had issues a little with both at the start and after Zep said yes I agree and voted, the looking at him decreased. That felt a little purposeful. I am not sure on it though because his read post did make him look good. *shrug* but for now its all I see that stands out to me.

@Ironeyes I actually kind of missed the question in the back and forth. Though at the time I would have said it did not mean much to me, since I posted the joke and know what I meant by it and that it was not a defense. (I would have quoted you but I am on my phone and quoting is a b*tch on mobile and yours was super long.)

That phrase I bolded definitely makes me nervous. I get town fatalism about dying since I often do the same thing when on the chopping block. But the way you worded that phrase makes me think you're more interested in surviving for its own sake than winning with your team. Not a towny thing to do.

I get your point. Though what I really meant with that phrase was I wanted off the chopping block, so I could save my claim for later in the game. I rather try to talk my way out of a lynch.

Yeah I would like to make it past day one. Lol I have survived till the end of every game I have played so far with the exception of one not on DM and even then I got damn close. If it came down to me or the town I would of course choose town but we are no where near that point.