DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Cliché Mafia - Game Thread (GAME OVER - MAFIA WIN)

Leyrann

• Replies 977
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Niniel, I can see that Shad's post could be seen as Killa defense. There is him calling out the behavior and the jab but then concluding that there is "nothing to see". He seems willing to give her the benefit of the doubt. keeping an eye on it.

Did you have any problem with Zep not seeing Killa's posts as a potential defense of Zep?

It is Iron that doesn't DM on Sunday.  

So I get tossed together with Zep as scum team? Lololol

It was more a joke directed at Dice than I defense of Zep. Mainly because I am much more familiar with Dice than I am Zep. Zep was only a background to a really lame teasing of Dice.

*scratches head*

Thats some very interesting mental gymnastics there Turin.

Of course like Niniel said it could be fishing for reactions. Ill put a pin in that for later consideration.

Turin Shad was my mentor for my second mafia game and has played two other DM games with me so far. I dont know how comfortable he is about reading me though, guess he will have to answer that part.

Killa, what do you make of Zep's stance about your posts? 

So I get tossed together with Zep as scum team? Lololol

It was more a joke directed at Dice than I defense of Zep. Mainly because I am much more familiar with Dice than I am Zep. Zep was only a background to a really lame teasing of Dice.

*scratches head*

Thats some very interesting mental gymnastics there Turin.

Of course like Niniel said it could be fishing for reactions. Ill put a pin in that for later consideration.

Turin Shad was my mentor for my second mafia game and has played two other DM games with me so far. I dont know how comfortable he is about reading me though, guess he will have to answer that part.

I-dont-believe-you-GIF-Image-Download-27

You can make the claim that the green was your intention but the rest of it is imho bogus. You are attempting to nullify.

to call my opinion mental gymnastics like I was trying to convince you that trickle down economics really will help the little guy is false.  Shad was pretty clear in his statement about how it can be seen the way I've seen it. He is giving you a bfod for his own reasons. I have no reason to. That Zep hasn't really unpinged me either makes it worth my time to pursue. 

You said that you have some history with Shad. What do you think of his take about the situation? 

Something weird in that post is that you at no time seem to be thinking that I am just mafia trying to get a mislynch on a reasonable target. Are you reading me as town at this time? 

vote: Killa

I am not reading you as anything yet. Other than a very aggressive player. Which, if thats your style ok cool. Usually those are good players overall. 

You seemed to have really latched on to me pretty fast, over pretty much nothing but I suppose it starts somewhere. I will tell you I am town but I can see your pretty tunneled. Later on that might not look good for you.

I'm hardly "tunnelled". I do see you still looking to nullify my read tho. 

You say that my pushing you as mafia will look bad on me later. Guess what? I don't care.  My job is to try to find the mafia and remove them from the game. 

What do you think of Zep?

Specifically what do you think of these posts by Zep?

Sidebar: are you new to mafia. I only ask because you referred to meta. 

(spoilered for size)

I don't really get where your seeing defense I suppose, nor Killa "stumbling". She's seen Firefly, I haven't. Failing to see a connection there.

Or is you talking bout that tinfoil comment?

Id really like to hear from Turin, (he's gotta be close to his lunch break), where that thing with Killa came from.

I get me, being as I ain't seen a fairly notable series of the sci-fi variety, but that was her first post and I just don't get it.

So Turin, all joking aside, what's the deal with your Killa (for lack of a better word) read?

Id really like to hear from Turin, (he's gotta be close to his lunch break), where that thing with Killa came from.

I get me, being as I ain't seen a fairly notable series of the sci-fi variety, but that was her first post and I just don't get it.

So Turin, all joking aside, what's the deal with your Killa (for lack of a better word) read?

What exactly do you "get" irt his read of you? if you think it's based on a tv show you haven't seen how is that even remotely relevant?

I saw it as a joking vote, cuz I haven't seen the show. Simple. What I was failing to see was how that connected to Killa.

Why are you worried about my Killa read? I answered with my reason above. Do you think I'm wrong? If you do, why do you?

I don't have a read on her. She's had.......1 post I believe. You could very well be right. She could be scum. I was failing to see how you connected me to her. I saw no defense there from her towards me.

Shad was the first one to notice it. Have you played with Killa before? Do you know how to read her well?

I've read all four of her previous Mafia games. I knew her alignment in all but the first (she was town in each), so I haven't had much need to actually figure out her slot.  Also she's never been scum before.  So I have a reasonable degree of experience seeing her play but don't really know if I'll be able to read her well consistently or not.  I figured her out quickly in the first game, but that had a lot to do with it being her first game.

Niniel, I can see that Shad's post could be seen as Killa defense. There is him calling out the behavior and the jab but then concluding that there is "nothing to see". He seems willing to give her the benefit of the doubt. keeping an eye on it.

Did you have any problem with Zep not seeing Killa's posts as a potential defense of Zep?

I got a lot of this inversion application last game (I was scum).  It's strange to me.  People kept telling me that I was trying to lynch someone I'd been hard defending all phase.

If Killa and I were w/w (and I can assure you we are not) I think it would be pretty clear distancing in retrospect, not defending.  Could be defensive of LZM, if we were w/w/w.  I mean otherwise I'm conceding that her posts might be scummy for the sake of discrediting some early if w then w spec irt her and LZM.  Unless w/w/w I would be exceptionally more likely to discredit the individual negative towards a partner while relishing a false w/w connection, not the reverse.

People read too deep into me.

I am not reading you as anything yet. Other than a very aggressive player. Which, if thats your style ok cool. Usually those are good players overall. 

You seemed to have really latched on to me pretty fast, over pretty much nothing but I suppose it starts somewhere. I will tell you I am town but I can see your pretty tunneled. Later on that might not look good for you.

Turin's pretty much my top village read right now whatever your alignment lol.

He got lynched the first day in the game we have played together, so I can not really say from a meta perspective. He was village and so far seems to be behaving the same this game but I dont have much to go on yet.

Without looking back, I disagree.  Could just be because he was the first topic of conversation in this game, but he's been asking a lot of game-related questions.  His last two games I seem to recall him coasting in "wait and see" mode for most/all of D1. 

I don't have a hot take on that alignment-wise, just don't see it as same as last game.

Well there, Turin pulled the posts up for me.

I said before this game started that I was going to try to mix it up a bit but wasn't sure how.  I think what that's turning into is something like Shad-Lite irt post count and I can't say I hate it.  Nice to have a calm game for a change.  :)

I got a lot of this inversion application last game (I was scum).  It's strange to me.  People kept telling me that I was trying to lynch someone I'd been hard defending all phase.

If Killa and I were w/w (and I can assure you we are not) I think it would be pretty clear distancing in retrospect, not defending.  Could be defensive of LZM, if we were w/w/w.  I mean otherwise I'm conceding that her posts might be scummy for the sake of discrediting some early if w then w spec irt her and LZM.  Unless w/w/w I would be exceptionally more likely to discredit the individual negative towards a partner while relishing a false w/w connection, not the reverse.

People read too deep into me.

Shad. You say people read too deep into you. I think part of it is that you sometimes come across as too defensive(might not be right word choice). IMO this post is an example of it. I woulda just said "fair enough" and tossed BG my 5p royalty fee. 

My choice to say it COULD be seen as defending is because it is similar tot he technique Cory uses when he has a teammate that is in a bit of heat. He will call out a behavior and then just kinda let it sit on it or appear to be hashing it back and forth or sommat. 

BTW, you really had me levelled reading your posts last game. I was pretty sure it was Dice and Eldrick. It was only after I did the numbers and realised that the Mafia needed to keep the survivor around that I started looking at you.

I did see that people were saying odd things to you. that is a convo for another day tho. 

There's definitely a significant self-preservation aspect to my game in general.  Ultimately there's no one in the field who I'll understand better than I understand myself.  Setting the record straight from my pov gives bad vibes to people who don't know me, but it generally serves me well in either slot.  As a villager it forces players to be very explicit in their stance on me, as a wolf it's generally pretty successful in dodging any sussed for the wrong reasons scenarios as long as the village wants to play ball on a case-based logic level and not just roll with a more holistic scum read.

No, not really.

Right now I'm happy that someone else is doing some work and I'm watching to see what comes out of it. I see that you have taken a stance.