DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Cliché Mafia - Game Thread (GAME OVER - MAFIA WIN)

Leyrann

I like what Turins selling more than you. Is that a crime?

If you flip town, yeah I'm screwed. That makes me look more like I'm wagoning. I'm ok with that for right now.

So I get tossed together with Zep as scum team? Lololol

It was more a joke directed at Dice than I defense of Zep. Mainly because I am much more familiar with Dice than I am Zep. Zep was only a background to a really lame teasing of Dice.

*scratches head*

Thats some very interesting mental gymnastics there Turin.[/bold]

Of course like Niniel said it could be fishing for reactions. Ill put a pin in that for later consideration.

Turin Shad was my mentor for my second mafia game and has played two other DM games with me so far. I dont know how comfortable he is about reading me though, guess he will have to answer that part.

That's a deflection. Trying to nullify his opinion by making him seem unreasonable. When he was on me I didn't belittle his opinion.

• Replies 977
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My drive to solve is pretty low on the first day to be honest, thats pretty much usual for me. I am currently still one of the more active posters aside from you, Shad and Zep. Also I am not selling anything. lol If you want to build a wagon for me and send me hurtling down the hill for the first day lynch, for lack of a better option, then thats what your gonna do. You might want to watch Zep after though. He does seem to be just jumping on your coat tails to avoid you turning on him. 

Obviously my flavor reference and joke about dice did not go over well and if thats how you see it I dont really mind. Town has got to start somewhere and any day one death gets the ball rolling. I mean duh I am going to try to get out of it because I at least know I am town.

Italics: Flavour reference?? what are you talking about? If you are town then you should mind because a town death is a bad thing. the only benefit it gains is info and if you just accept it then that info is reduced.  

Bold: this fatalistic stuff gets me frustrated. It feels like the old "you can't catch mafia on D1 so I'm not gonna try." 

If you know you are town then you need to work to try to find mafia. If you think Zep is mafia because he is just following me then say so. vote him if you feel strongly enough about it. Saying you ar town is all well and good. You gotta BE TOWN. That means fighting for the town. 

I'm getting more sure at this point that you're just a wolf. 

And don't worry, Zep definitely still needs to show me he's town. 

Fatalistic about being lynched is not atypical for Killa's town game.  If scum she's sticking to the game plan well instead of thrashing.

LZM is tricky because I don't have much in the way of preemptive expectations of what his game should look like.  Hopping onto Killa felt aggressive/maybe preemptive but he's more of the era of hard knocks than sweet talks.

I'll ISO a bit tonight.  ~Half of the field needs to prove that they have any opinions on anything yet.

You can get as sure as you like but its not going to turn out exactly as your expecting it to.

I dont feel strong enough about zep (yet)to vote. I am not that confident of a player to throw down on making my own "I am for sure" day one votes. I get more sure about reads and votes near the end of the second day.

Also your play style is not my play style at all. This is a game, for entertainment. I dont really consider hard work as part of that. If that makes me a bad player then so be it but that kind of over eager aggressive play style will never be me. *shrug*

No one else has really said much so how can anyone do much game solving when there is a lot of people hanging back? What content other than yours, zep and Shads do I really have to work with. I already gave my opinion on shad. I already made a statement about zep and my lack of meta for him. When you asked how I felt about his vote I gave you an answer. Just what material are you expecting me to pull out of my a**? Lol

I am not into making up reads just post them as busy work and fluff. Thats what mafia has to do. Not me.

Yeah I wouldn't lynch Killa today.

This is basically how she would react as town.  Didn't get goaded into trying to give the thread what it wants.  Generally playing this exchange really smooth from a meta POV.  Decent chance she's a villager.

You can get as sure as you like but its not going to turn out exactly as your expecting it to.

I dont feel strong enough about zep (yet)to vote. I am not that confident of a player to throw down on making my own "I am for sure" day one votes. I get more sure about reads and votes near the end of the second day.

Also your play style is not my play style at all. This is a game, for entertainment. I dont really consider hard work as part of that. If that makes me a bad player then so be it but that kind of over eager aggressive play style will never be me. *shrug*

No one else has really said much so how can anyone do much game solving when there is a lot of people hanging back? What content other than yours, zep and Shads do I really have to work with. I already gave my opinion on shad. I already made a statement about zep and my lack of meta for him. When you asked how I felt about his vote I gave you an answer. Just what material are you expecting me to pull out of my a**? Lol

I am not into making up reads just post them as busy work and fluff. Thats what mafia has to do. Not me.

Okay. You do you I guess. My POV is that you don't have to really be "sure" the person you are voting is mafia, just that they are the best choice in your own opinion. I mean how often are you ever really sure? Maybe with a red peek or if someone makes an obvious slip. The rest of the time it is best guess based on current info, which is of course less earlier and especially if people aren't posting. Remember tho this is a hammer game and if no maj is reached then it apparently goes random weighted by who has the most votes. Also if you aren't voting at DL that means you are voting yourself in regards to the random lynch.  

I guess this is just gonna be one random game then... 

Okay. You do you I guess. My POV is that you don't have to really be "sure" the person you are voting is mafia, just that they are the best choice in your own opinion. I mean how often are you ever really sure? Maybe with a red peek or if someone makes an obvious slip. The rest of the time it is best guess based on current info, which is of course less earlier and especially if people aren't posting. Remember tho this is a hammer game and if no maj is reached then it apparently goes random weighted by who has the most votes. Also if you aren't voting at DL that means you are voting yourself in regards to the random lynch.  

Depends on wheter or not you guys get out and vote.

You still got what, more than 24 hours though.

I totally get what you are saying here. I feel like I am getting there slowly with each game. I will vote for sure by eod but I am hoping to see more folks show their faces other than one or 2 posts before I do.

I don't really get where your seeing defense I suppose, nor Killa "stumbling". She's seen Firefly, I haven't. Failing to see a connection there.

Or is you talking bout that tinfoil comment?

Wolfy

Care to elaborate?

Sure, that was a wolfy post.  

I don't have a read on her. She's had.......1 post I believe. You could very well be right. She could be scum. I was failing to see how you connected me to her. I saw no defense there from her towards me.

She told Dice he was tinfoiling irt his joke vote on your slot.

You can read her post as a pure joke or as a joke with the underlying motive of manipulating Dice's perception of your slot, basically.  That's the connection--the "defense" potential, if you will.  It's a pretty classic Turin thing to call out, and the playful way he did it vs drawing more attention to his reasoning up front makes me think he's probably town.  At least, to the degree that I am willing to chuck out that opinion early in a game where I don't expect a huge volume of information to process and refine my reads by.

I think it's unlikely that Killa was trying to defend anyone there if scum, in so far as wolves seldom jump at an early joke vote.  Doesn't rule out any alignments, just not something I'm willing to bank an early read on.  I do think she came off awkwardly formal in both of those posts, which could just be how she speaks or could be that thing that especially new wolves do where they worry too much about how their tone is going to rub off on people in the joke phase and subsequently adapt an unnatural tone.  We'll see where it goes.

Regardless of alignment this is an honest post imo

So I get tossed together with Zep as scum team? Lololol

It was more a joke directed at Dice than I defense of Zep. Mainly because I am much more familiar with Dice than I am Zep. Zep was only a background to a really lame teasing of Dice.

*scratches head*

Thats some very interesting mental gymnastics there Turin.

Of course like Niniel said it could be fishing for reactions. Ill put a pin in that for later consideration.

Turin Shad was my mentor for my second mafia game and has played two other DM games with me so far. I dont know how comfortable he is about reading me though, guess he will have to answer that part.

I hate trying to explain this sort of thing.  If this post were less.. passive aggressive isn't the right term... what do you call it when someone is sort of "omg how you could think *I* am a wolf is beyond me!" in their tone?  That's what I am bothered by here, but I otherwise like the post.  Tbh, that could just be my take on Kill since Idk her well.