DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Cliché Mafia - Game Thread (GAME OVER - MAFIA WIN)

Leyrann

Yesterday I thought I might like to take the train to Edinburgh today. However this morning I saw the weather report and it is gonna be awful up there and it looks like will be nice in London today. I can still go to Edinburgh another day if I decide I want to go there.

Also trains and It takes 6 votes to lynch in any case. 

• Replies 977
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok I looked and it is still going on. Almost over and right down to the wire. (Might actually follow the dead thread now) I dont know if I feel comfortable posting it until it is over. Not because I am hiding how I played it but because it is still unresolved.

fair

I liked Dawn´s post about Killa´s role hinting, where she decided that Killa was likely town. It feels like a townie post from Dawn. If I remember it right she oftens writes down what others just think.

This! I had the exact same thought. (Yes I know I haven't played with Dawn before, did have a vague idea of what to expect from her though and it fit the picture.) Not a strong reason to call her a villager for me but a reason to not focus on her D1.

It's randomized between the top trains. You pointed that out earlier, with a tone of not wanting it to go there.

Now you went there.

You just dropped outta lead town slot imo

As I understand it it's randomized between all votes in this game, e.g. in a 3-3-3-1 scenario the person with 1 still has a 10% chance of being the lynch.

Regarding Dice, I don't have a stellar track record reading him but generally I think he's someone who can replicate his town tone in defending himself (I noted as w/w in scum QT last game that I thought he looked pretty villagery lol) and his reasons aren't going to make perfect sense to me as either alignment.  I look for sustained intent to solve, sort of, and it's a bit early for me to make a call on that in either direction.  (Sometimes I'm not sure what I look for with Dice to be honest.)

Shad - he and Nyn are in a catagory of their own. Nothing so far screams mafia but I´m just extra careful with them. I think the others above are easier to read but I could be totally wrong about that. So this is the "I don´t know" category. Shad feels like he is sitting on the fence a lot and I don´t really get why he wants to vote LZM but I like how he told Darthe to be more active.

Yep, I haven't said much about it and that's a lot to do with it being kind of meh reasoning.

No one has been pinging me hard and pretty much all of the low content players have said something that I liked, Darthe being the least of those but he did have one good post from my pov.

I didn't like his "^ Ha!" post at the start because it felt like it might be a sort of awkward concession, but that's incredibly trivial and useless to point out, just clarifying where my thought process started.

His initial confusion about the Killa/LZM thing was fine in itself, "Throwing some shade around eh Turin?" rather than asking for clarity initially struck me as a potential attempt to preemptively discredit whatever Turin was going to follow through with.

At the point of his reads list I was starting to really wonder about his level of posting in general vs something I'd talked about with Adella last game. In that game he posted absolutely nothing game related on D1 (and to be fair he lost internet access for a chunk of that phase) and Adella called him a villager for consistency, siting that he didn't post any content D1 in the previous game either and he was town. I didn't bother to check if that was true at the time because the reason itself was wonky and I was a wolf so I just used it to push Adella. But I got to thinking a full reads list at this stage when most people were necessarily null for lack of posts seemed unnecessary and him being a generally low content D1 player, maybe he was just trying to look invested.

So I pulled up Peg + Cat, where he was actually around all of D1, and I don't know what Adella was thinking last game because it turned out he'd contributed plenty. I noticed a lot of observations about the game state (thinking wolves are usually in the lurkers, reading into the building and dissolving of trains as potential distancing, generally looking at events for tells.) and being a fairly independent player with a "let me tell it to you straight from my POV" tonality. Some examples from that game:

So, GTH- right now Alex seems town to me. Pushy town. Like that person in your neighborhood that always comes over wanting you to sign up with the neighborhood watch, when all you wanna do is drink beer naked on your couch. Good hearted but pushy.

GTH- as to town I'd say Alex, but that's about it. Scum on the other hand, I'd say the same as I always say. Look to the back of the class. The lurkers. Skulking about like vagrants, asking for cigarettes and roofing around through the trash.

Now, I don't have an opinion on tigs yet, but what I do feel confident in is her wagon. Or more precisely whose on the wagon. Hopping on a wagon is mafioso 101. Which just happened in the space of five minutes I think.

So, I'm gonna [unvote]. And lay a FoS on Redd for that bandwagon attempt.

His ISO in the present game feels more generic to me. This is a good post, not sure if I like this or if it's distancing, his town lean on you was weirdly bland in a setting where I would most expect his descriptive creativity to shine:

"Nin. In her big double post, #124, mentions Nyneave twice in a positive, pro town way. Which is what I'm getting from Nyn."

"Player x thinks player y is villagery and so do I" is not an obvious reason to think player x is town. From the style he presented in P+C I expect a sort of "and this is why it matters to me" follow through on a read like that.

He has me leaning town for being engaged and helpful, he has Nyn leaning town without a specific explanation why.  He just watched both of us lynch him as wolves D1 last game (and I know he read all of D1 even if he was absent at the time because he goes on to talk about it in that game's DT, and he had me as scum when most of the field was comfortable with me D1.)  I don't think either of us are drastically different in this game so far, and while I've noticed some subtle differences with Nyn and I'm sure there are some with me, it's again the sort of situation where I expect a little more flavor from him comparable to Peg + Cat.

I liked "That's a deflection. Trying to nullify his opinion by making him seem unreasonable. When he was on me I didn't belittle his opinion." but was a little bothered that it came a day after the reads list/vote when he would have necessarily read the post he was responding to before posting the list.  Made me wonder if he was retroactively seeking to justify his stance as a thing independent of sheeping Turin rather than calling out concerns as he sees them.

A bunch of little things, much of which might be nullified by the simple fact that 1) this has been a very slow game so there's just not as much to say in general and 2) Peg + Cat was his first game back so meta-thinking was not available to him (i.e. he couldn't just think "x feels different in this game" and drop a non-descript read for it because he'd never played with anyone yet).  But it's what I've got.

kk out until close to deadline

Wss she the first one that mentioned it though? Cause i recall both shad and turin mentioning it.

I can't speak for Turin, but I don't think I actually commented about that in the thread...

My bad, then. Could have sworn it was you.

Good morning. Just read through what went up overnight, but I'm going to read it again to be sure I understand. I'm torn between the three current trains, since Killa was pinging me yesterday and Dice pinged pretty hard in the stuff I just read. For now I'll [v]Dice[/v] but we'll see how that goes.

I'm ay work now. Will have one short window to check in. Wtl dice or Zep.

Let's be smart.

Thats a tall order. I am not very good at being smart.

I am willing to move my vote to dice to help get a solid majority lynch if everyone rather avoid a random mod kill. Zep pings me more than Dice does but as I said before I can not read dice well.

Vote count:

Dice (2) - Nini, Turin

Killa (2) - Led, Darthe

LedZepMan (2) - Killa, Shad

Not voting: Everyone else.

With 10 people alive, 6 votes are required for a lynch.

bla_1498082400.png

So Dice, Marsh, Nyn and Dawn, who you all looking to vote?

Since Shad's the only person I have even somewhat of a scum lean towards, I think I'm going to Vote: Shad. 

Darthe is someone I've played with a lot in the past and his inactivity is really, really weird...but not really a sign of anything, seeing as he's always been very active as both scum and town. Possibly third party, if there is one in the game. Of all the people here I feel like he's the one I have most experience playing with, so I'll be paying more attention to him as he gets more active.

Vote count:

Dice (3) - Nini, Turin, Marsh

Killa (2) - Led, Darthe

LedZepMan (2) - Killa, Shad

Shad (1) - Dawn

Not voting: Dice, Nyn.

With 10 people alive, 6 votes are required for a lynch.

bla_1498082400.png

Edited by Leyrann

Yes current odds are :

Dice 30%

LZM 20%

Killa 20%

Nyn 10%

Marsh 10%

Dawn 10%

Cause some people not voting which means they in effect are voting themselves. 

Oh, ok, now that I read the op of the game this makes a lot more sense lol