DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Pokemon Mafia III: The Treasure of Heart Island--GAME OVER--TOWN WIN

Aiel Heart

See it how you will Maddy. Mafia is a game where you got to be thick skinned. When your posts are contradictory, contain info about meta that you couldn't know as a first timer, yet keep going back to saying you don't have much clue on how to play, etc. you will draw attention to yourself. And because there is a lot of extraneous info in your posts (learning from crime thrillers, Darthe means Death, Vader means Father, etc.) I'm going to say you are rambling, because it sounds rambly. I do enjoy that you are being quite active and hopefully you are having a good time. I just also believe you are mafia. Simple as that.

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hmm... To be completely honest I don't know who I think is mafia, I think that ithi is mafia. I also think that RTE is NOT mafia, as he seems quite obviously frontal, I think he is town and is merely trying to muddy the waters and get everyone confused. Then again I have been quite of with deductive reasoning lately so I would not trust my judgement!

Conflicting post is conflicted.

You say you don't know who you think is Mafia - then you say you think I am Mafia - which is it?

THEN you say you think RTE is Town - because he is trying to muddy the waters and get everyone confused?

Please explain why a Town would want to muddy and confuse everyone? What is the benefit in this to Town?

I have met a lot of people who like to do this, as I am new I should probably not be assuming RTE is one and I apologise. The basic idea of pretending to be mafia when not and getting people confused is an interesting role to take in this game. You cannot also dissmiss the fact that RTE may have been PM'ed by a mafia member and asked to do this for reasons yet unknown- again jumping to conclusions and a very radical at that. As for my posts being contradictory, I honestly have been slightly put off by the constant quoting of other posts, so I may have just skimmed a large majority of the quoted posts- again a bad mistake. My thoughts on Ithi as being mafia is purely a stab in the dark (pardon the pun), I know I cannot hide behind the shield of being new but I really am a bit confused. But then again, reading into the smallest details can sometimes distract you from the big picture...

You think RTE is town pretending to be mafia? Or RTE is being controlled my mafia? Do I understand that correct?

It was merely a radical hypothesis with absolutely no evidence to back it up. I was merely putting forward that idea rather then suggesting it as a FACT. So just keep the idea in your head and don't forget...

You never stop playing the Game of Houses.

Okay, so I thought I had voted for RTE yesterday. Guess I was wrong.

I just like to get them Lynched and move on.

There's no true info to we get our first coroner's report.

I'm impatient.

Impacient for anyone at all to die. Okay. Very third party sentiment.

Second one was in response to Dap but a general message to everyone.

How many times do you have someone whose last two (3 if you count DPR game) games were scum and you could go look if you weren't so daft? You think you could at least use that to your advantage

Assuming we have the time to go back and read long mafia games.

*gives RTE his ball back*

BT or not. Mafia games are games. If players want to play then they shouldn't have to wade through pages of spam for spam's sake.

You really don't get that?

If we think about Meta - then even in the BT, people have been killing the spam quickly and getting on with playing. It is an improvement.

A Mafia Game is not a spam thread. You really need to get past your idea that it is. Or at least have listened to the OTHER PEOPLE PLAYING who said they didn't appreciate what you were doing.

Excessive spam is anti town. It gives the mafia a place to hide and not have to actively give thoughts or contribute. You can keep acting all hurt - but you chose to continue even after this was pointed out.

But feel free to keap moaning on and on and refusing to take responsibility for your own actions. I'm obviously a total meany head and it's all my fault.

Can we have an up to date vote count please - and a deadline reminder too?

This.

That's right Mafia Peoples - just cos someone isn't on your Team doesn't mean that they are Town. Time to re-align your thinking and stop being so worried about sitting on the fence - because you might just get one of the other mafia team and look like a regular hero.

Isn't that right Time?

not right because I'm not mafia... and I'm not worried about sitting on the fence, I'm trying to get good information and not just blunder into something without looking at it first...

and what Darthe's been saying pings for me and something about his play doesn't feel right to me... yes, he's very direct in basically every game, but something about his play this game feels off...

vote Darthe

That fence comfortable? I'd be willing to look at a WoT lynch honestly, she's not commiting to anything.

Darthe is always abviously mafia. We'll have to go for Rte and see why Time defended him and derailed his train.

I think despite protest RTE is mafia. His gaming and what he claimed has devided and confused people. Very scummy thing to do.

You had your d1 pass. Now you're straining it.

Maddness here is the thing

"darthe is always an obvious mafia" isnt somethinng you shoouldnnt know

if looks like darthe just went back to your QT and was like "wel im always an obvious mafia. Oh well" and you just repeated it on thread

if you are on a QT with him or anyone else (pretty certainn you are) use the time to learn

anyway Darthe! Wow.. What is that 9?

Glad I read the whole thing before posting, would have not seen the lynch. 

Hisoka's reference to private/public communication pings me - makes me think in a QT

Darthe's attempt to derail the RTE train makes me think they may be working together.

Turin is being Turin, Ithi is being Ithi, and Dap is being Dap which means I have no idea on them.

Yes it is against the rules. Also she has been actively posting previous to this game and did a whole welcome Thread and everything. That's an awful lot of effort just to create a dummy account to play Mafia.

Is more likely she being coached by some form of team - especially as she keep refusing to answer that specific question/give information that is being asked for.

No offense taken but this is really really my first game so I think that it's a compliment that people think that I played like a pro. I did modestly try and I'm also new to this kind of forum and I have never played mafia on any other site either :) Soon I'll be good enough to go undercover cop ;)

That being said I think RTE is a scum tbh. I voted against him and then said that I think he's town. That comment was designed specifically to see whether his gaming will change as the result. Lo and behold he changed the way he played the game. Voting for him is a win win imo. We see why people tried to derailed his lynching and where they stand. He claimed to be town but his game mode keeps changing and also I don't think he's very convincing in claiming to be town myself. His game playing is scummy people.

Yes it is against the rules. Also she has been actively posting previous to this game and did a whole welcome Thread and everything. That's an awful lot of effort just to create a dummy account to play Mafia.

Is more likely she being coached by some form of team - especially as she keep refusing to answer that specific question/give information that is being asked for.

Interesting concept... That would be MUCH more plausible then my hypothesis. You are good ithi...

ok so I have finally read those last 10 pages and caught up again. I apologize for my absense but I had so much RL stuff going on during the weekend that I haven't been able to keep up with this game. Well, I'm finally caught up again and I will make sure to be more active.

I think that maybe some players may be taking this outside this game, as far as I know as long as it is not discussed publicaly or with non player it is okay? I have ABSOLUTELY no proof to back this claim, I just this people should keep it in mind...

I just wanted to quickly adres this: every player in this game besides you, suchmadness and luci is an experienced mafia player and I can assure you that no one here will talk about this game outside the game thread or QT's if they have them. and if they might accidentately slip something for whatever reason I'm totally confident that they will report it to the mod and ask to get replaced to make sure to not ruin the game for everyone else. 

What's the deal with Darthe just blatantly giving himself up all the time for no good reason as mafia recently?

yeah I have been asking myself the same thing....

Darthe is always abviously mafia. We'll have to go for Rte and see why Time defended him and derailed his train.

I think despite protest RTE is mafia. His gaming and what he claimed has devided and confused people. Very scummy thing to do.

I pretty sure that suchmadness is on the same QT as Darthe and RTE.

Boom! Knew it. RTE is next.

If you knew it ... Why didn't you vote him?

I wasn't up to date with the game yet but I still had my vote on RTE since the start of the game. even though I didn't vote for Darthe I did case him and RTE and explained why I believe that they are both mafia. Darthe claiming to have an mafia pokemon sealed the deal. 

Welp, that last post from Maddy seals it for me. RTE and Maddy for my votes going forward. RTE is likely with Darthe, but my guess is Maddy is on a different team.

I think they are on the same team (team aqua).

Maddness here is the thing
"darthe is always an obvious mafia" isnt somethinng you shoouldnnt know

if looks like darthe just went back to your QT and was like "wel im always an obvious mafia. Oh well" and you just repeated it on thread

if you are on a QT with him or anyone else (pretty certainn you are) use the time to learn

anyway Darthe! Wow.. What is that 9?

yup.

ok and now its time for me to go to bed. goodnight.

What question is that Ithii?

Sorry but time constraint is making my gaming really erratic. It's not an excuse but an explanation. Much as I would like to be play greatly I'm travelling at the moment and internet not so good. I keep getting cloudflare Bah. Unfortunately real life gets in way of gaming as I find to my cost. I'd really like to finnish Bioshock Infinity too but can't :(

I will get back with quotes explain my view points when things settled down more but at the moment it's a bit hard so sorry.

What it boils down to is how do you know about things like meta, Darthe an obvious mafia, and that sort of stuff.

As a new player you shouldn't know of if unless you have seen it in this game, but no one had talked about it

So where do you get your info from?

Catching up real quick. Yay we bagged scum. Now on the next one.

:baalzamon:

/Jay-Z'd

/Illuminati'd

@Turin: Yes, looks like it is mod confirmed now. I just have a thing about people saying something is confirmed before it actually is, little pet peeve of mine. Anyhoo, this continues to make me sketchy about Ithi's alignment considering she was sure much earlier that there were two mafia teams.

Maddy has responded a few times about her gameplay, but has continued to dodge the specific questions about her knowing about meta and that "Darthe is always obvious as mafia" statement.

Cloud setting up RTE's lynch tomorrow still seems sketchy to me. Ithi's recent flip flop on his alignment makes me believe even more that he is town, and Cloud and others continuing to push the "Darthe distracting from RTE's lynch" angle pings to me.

I am also baffled as to why Darthe has given himself away as mafia so easily lately.

@Cyan: fence-sitting doesn't always indicate scum, but mafia will often fence-sit and make ambiguous comments so as to try and keep their opinions and alignments from being discerned by town. Of course there are times when I am unsure about a particular discussion, and am still considering multiple angles. But noting things like fence-sitting, contradictions, and setting up of lynches is what good scunhunters try to do.

My top scum suspects:

Madness, Ithi, Cloud, Cyan

Archived