DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Pokemon Mafia III: The Treasure of Heart Island--GAME OVER--TOWN WIN

Aiel Heart

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hmm... To be completely honest I don't know who I think is mafia, I think that ithi is mafia. I also think that RTE is NOT mafia, as he seems quite obviously frontal, I think he is town and is merely trying to muddy the waters and get everyone confused. Then again I have been quite of with deductive reasoning lately so I would not trust my judgement!

So Despo also says despite me not being a big fan of Pokémon - I should go look it up on the pooter. So Gen 3 Pokémon - centres around the Ruby, Sapphire and Emerald Games. lots more Pokémon - with some able to do 2 moves?

Also ... NEW BAD GUYS!

Team Aqua and Team Magma.

No Team Rocket mentioned anywhere.

Perhaps we have two Mafia Teams on the loose lol

Team Aqua

In the games

Team Aqua appears only in the Hoenn-based games Pokémon Ruby, Sapphire, and Emerald, where they scheme to bring Kyogre out of its slumber.

Generally, Team Aqua Grunts have weaker Pokémon, with Zubat and Poochyena plentiful among them, however, they also use Pokémon of other types; typically they are Water types such as Carvanha (and Wailmer in Emerald). The team is headed by Archie and his two immediate subordinates Matt and Shelly.

Team Magma

In the games

Team Magma appears only in the Hoenn-based games Pokémon Ruby, Sapphire, and Emerald, where they scheme to bring Groudon out of its slumber.

Generally, Team Magma Grunts have weaker Pokémon, with Zubat and Poochyena plentiful among them, however, they also use Pokémon of other types; typically they are Fire-type and Ground-type Pokémon such as Numel (and Baltoy in Emerald). The team is headed by Maxie and his two immediate subordinates Tabitha and Courtney.

I would advise everyone playing to read through this:

http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Generation_III

at the very least. Knowledge of the content of the Subject this game is based on will probably be useful.

For the point of it, I am fine with a lynch for info today. I am poochyena, town rb but my ability only has a 25% chance of working. lol I didn't pull my claim from anywhere.

Apparently offering to roll over and die is the New Black.

Rolling over and offering to die is what Mafia do ... because they think it will prove they aren't worried about people paying attention to them.

Darthe has claimed Roleblocker (often a typical Mafia Role) and Poochyena (apparently a typical Mafia pokemon for both Aqua and Magma Mafia Teams) - yes I know other people have already pointed this out lol.

RTE ... can you confirm which pokemon you actually have please? Also why have you stopped actively participating in the Game? Did you not think it would be a good idea to at least try and clear up some of the misinformation you have been giving with regards to your pokemon etc?

Darthe may have been running interference for a Team Mate. However ...there have been a surprising amount of people willing to actively defend RTE ... more than would be normal. Perhaps all of the Defenders of RTE are on the two Mafia teams and both of them think they are going to look super amazing Townish by protecting a Town. And it has been STRONG defence as well. Only people on Mafia Teams would think they know that a target of a Lynch is actually a Town.

Therefore I am willing to switch my vote to Darthe - cos of the Role Type and Pokemon Type being a Mafia Type ... and then deal with RTE and his Defenders on the next day. If RTE is Town, then I'm going to be annoyed with him for his selfish play earlier, and I'm going to be taking a serious look at anyone who actively defending him, whilst confirming his play was REALLY BAD. I still think he could be an important mafia Role - one worth taking risks for - but it would be foolish to look a gift horse in the mouth.

I've always said it's best to Lynch a Mafia. I think Darthe is pretty much confirmed Mafia ... but I will be re-examining all the people who have said they think RTE is almost definitely Town/Not very likely to be Mafia. They really shouldn't be so definite about that this early in the game.

Unvote - Vote Darthe

Also FYI - Going live on new Billing/Customer interaction interface system so am gonna be a bit sparse - and probably a bit ... apprehensive/frustrated so probably best if I don't look at this game at the same time lol. They are giving us a free ice cream from the ice cream van - but I don't really think it's going to be enough.

Hmm... To be completely honest I don't know who I think is mafia, I think that ithi is mafia. I also think that RTE is NOT mafia, as he seems quite obviously frontal, I think he is town and is merely trying to muddy the waters and get everyone confused. Then again I have been quite of with deductive reasoning lately so I would not trust my judgement!

Conflicting post is conflicted.

You say you don't know who you think is Mafia - then you say you think I am Mafia - which is it?

THEN you say you think RTE is Town - because he is trying to muddy the waters and get everyone confused?

Please explain why a Town would want to muddy and confuse everyone? What is the benefit in this to Town?

I still don't like the way that Chuckles pounced all over Time when she checked in and explained why she didn't want to vote RTE at that moment, making up a very weak case to justify his pouncing all over her.  However, given the way today has progressed, it's going to be have to be shelved for now.

Notice how RTE has chilled way out and is now trying to be low profile and not as erratic or in the spotlight.  It's such a drastic change from his spammy and aggressive approach taken just a couple of days and several pages ago.  Why the sudden change in behavior?  Perhaps he's hoping that his scum buddy Darthe will take the fall for him.  The fact that RTE set up Darthe's fake claim perfectly and the fact that Darthe went through with such a wild scheme tells me that that there's something working between them.  And, given that Darthe tried to stall the RTE train, I'm putting my vote back up on RTE to try and reignite this thing.  Because if RTE is worth pulling a crazy scheme like that over, he's got to be central to the scum team's plans. Unvote, vote: RTE.

With a lynch on RTE, we can get an idea about why Darthe tried to stall RTE's lynch and we can see why Despo is so much against lynching RTE today.  Plus, it gives a good litmus test for those who have commented one way or the other on this situation.  With so many opinions out there, his flip can give us a lot of information about those making those statements.

I agree let's lynch RTE for info.

Sorry about clouding the issues before. Had a lot of issues here at home.

My insticnt is still either Darthe or Ithii is mafia. Not sure about those two still.

I think we should look at RTE though because his game had been pretty scummy, despite the fact that he said he was town. I could be wrong but let's deal with one mess at a time.

Chuckles also hasn't really answered my question one way or another about his affiliation. I just thought that he's mafia.

Well obviously I will change my vote back to RTE if required ... He is my preferred Lynch. I just decided to take the easy path.

Also ... @ Maddy - the finger pointing of a probable Mafia - who has claimed a Mafia Type Pokemon is confusing you so that you think I am Mafia.

What do YOU think?

Maddy ... you do see the posts about Darthe's pokemon right?

Why are you still uncertain about him?

Also you agreed with Razen's post about RTE - which basically echoes what I've been saying. You agree with him that it's a great idea - but you think I'm Mafia.

You are contradicting yourself all over the place.

And also please advise where you looked up the details and strategy for the game of Mafia. A few people have asked / commented now. Why don't you want to answer?

If you don't know who my Pokemon is by now then stop playing this game immediately.

Will only be able to get back online when I get wifi. Till then I find it moderately insulting that no one considers my meta or experience when reflecting on my play thus far this game. Cause it's unheard of to spam early and then get into the game as it starts.

If there are two mafia teams there are at least two NKs. Lynch me and if you're unlucky you lose 3 town after Night 1.

If you don't know who my Pokemon is by now then stop playing this game immediately.

Will only be able to get back online when I get wifi. Till then I find it moderately insulting that no one considers my meta or experience when reflecting on my play thus far this game. Cause it's unheard of to spam early and then get into the game as it starts.

If there are two mafia teams there are at least two NKs. Lynch me and if you're unlucky you lose 3 town after Night 1.

Stop being obtuse and unhelpful.

You have claimed two different pokemon. You obviously are perfectly happy to continue playing in such a way that helps no-one.

So you believe my PR is being able to pm people and ask their reasoning behind their votes?

Give me a break Ithi. You're making yourself look bad.

I'm that pink fluffy thing.

Well you said that you were that pink one ... but then when you were going on a mental you said you had fake claimed it and were actually zubat?

Don't you remember that? I don't think I asked you to explain other people's reasonings - where did you get that from. I asked you to confirm which pokemon you actually had.

Apparently we are back with the pink one again.

What ithi said

Stop it.

:dry:

*deploys anti-buddying spray*

It's not all about you

I had quoted it to type almost the exact reply and upon further reading found you beat me too it

Despo did it earlier with something similar and I believe I pointed it out there too

Your meta can be spammy, that's fine. But you did spammy for the sake of being spammy even though I believe we were moving out of the spammy phase (luckily that was like a page this game)

Then there was setting up darthes claim

And as for experience. As someone with as much experience as you, you should know better

Ah yes, my bleeding heart :dry:

When asked how I knew why Darthe voted you I sarcastically replied I had a PR where I could pm people to find out why they were voting a certain way. I followed it up with saying my Pokemon was Abra. Nice attention to detail there.

Everyone got that it was sarcasm except for you apparently. Or you believe that I do in fact possess that PR?

Second one was in response to Dap but a general message to everyone.

How many times do you have someone whose last two (3 if you count DPR game) games were scum and you could go look if you weren't so daft? You think you could at least use that to your advantage

Archived