DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Pokemon Mafia III: The Treasure of Heart Island--GAME OVER--TOWN WIN

Aiel Heart

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

RTE's entire demeanor has changed from early on in game, not feeling him as much anymore at all.  Tina's the one that sticks out the most for me right now, the way she did just follow along.  Now pardon me, I gotta get back in the kitchen. (Making breakfast :D) :tongue:

Unvote

Vote Tina

The vote for RTE is good for information too. Far better than the vote on Darthe. RTE has more votes - he also has more people who have actually come out and defended him - with reasons from 'I think he is acting scummy but he's not scum' 'anti-town doesn't mean he is not Town' 'I don't think a mafia would be that obvious' and all the rest.

There are a LOT of opinions about RTE in this game and that will give us a lot to work with if he flips Mafia. And I think he will.

All the plots, defendings, fake claims have all served to do one thing. Take the attention away from RTE.

Who has now decided to be all quiet and not be all spamtastic anymore - even though it was the funnest thing ever.

He got told to shut up - so his team could fix it.

We should Lynch him.

Mafia is not first thing on my mind after 7 hours of studying. So, please excuse me that I can't think straight at some times.

My suspicion list-

RTE- the whole spamming thing(it does not matter if mafia does it or not but the thing is it distracted people from anything important that might have happened), the vanilla and fluffy pink pokemon claim then Abra claim(make up your mind please)

Darthe- not sure of what of believe. I don't liked that fake claim thing and because of that I am not believing the town rb claim

Tina- I know that Tina is a good mafia game player and I expected better of her

Ithi- trying to get a read on

If anyone wants a TL;DR of that chuckles "case" it is that he finds my fake claim suspect more than anything else in the game.

YW/

the timing of the fake claim more than the actual fake claim

So if I'm reading that correctly, Chuckles, you think that Darthe is mafia because he lied about having an investigative role and tried to get people to follow him on his fake viewing on Ithi by insinuating that not following a cop view like that is scummy.  Then came out and listed who he said was town, scum, and unknown based on who reacted and how to that lie.  Is that correct?

and the fact that his timing fit perfectly with when everyone was on RTE train or going on it 

crud some of the earlier quotes are gone. oh well I'm not going to start over so here we go...I may try to go back to the beginning again but really do not want to slog thru all that spam at the beginning. Which Appeared to me to be RTE jumping in to distract Ithi from questioning Dap.

This is RTE defending Time's mild defense of RTE. When two people have each others back like this it is frequently for a reason

It's fence sitting for someone who just caught up up state they want to go back and reread before voting or expressing their opinions?

Here is RTE saying that his craziness got Ithi to posting. What a crock. She was already very actively questioning Dap when he showed up.

Well it got to posting didn't it?

Making something out of nothing and trying something new. That there are no competing trains (calling the votes against you a train would be premature) hopefully will be telling. We also need to get everyone checked in.

Also one person the first couple of pages kept posting something along the lines of "Hm" and "Interesting". Would like to hear from them.

EBWOP: You instead of to.

oh well here is part of the Time defense of RTE. and chuckles calling her out for it. then here additional reasoning as to why she thinks RTE is exhibiting anti-town behavior but she does want to vote him yet and isn't sure he is not town. I still don't recall seeing any cases from her either.

I can say no words that haven't already been said about how annoying the spam was... while being super spammy, quickly claiming not even a day after the game started, and getting me annoyed with his back an forth with dap and Ithi, I feel that people are hopping on RTEs train because of how anti town he was acting with his spam and back and forth with dap and Ithi and it would just e the easy thing to do... I'm going to weed through the spam and see if I can make a good case on anybody that people haven't noticed since they are too focused on RTE..

why are you stalling his train?

because it's a train and we are a less than a day into the game... plus if we focus on only one, then that makes the mafia easier to be unnoticed

@Ithi... you are correct that I find him acting scummy as for whether or not I think he is town, I am very unsure at the moment...

why not vote someone you find scummy? make them defend their position and convince you that they are town after all. then if you are convinced you can unvote.

I find him scummy, but I don't wanna hop ona train this early in the game... however if he is still around by the end of today or tomorrow and nothing can be learned and he is making things worse, then I will vote him... I will not place my vote on him at this time because yes, even though there are a lot of players in this game and many are bound to go unnoticed I would rather have more time for day one to learn what I can rather than voting for someone and lunching them this early so we barely have anything to go on for day 2...

Another questioning the speed of the RTE train while at the same time not commenting on her impression of him. Kronos did earlier as well. That was one of the posts that vanished.

Its really bothering me how fast this train is growing. Its still the first day you know. Why is everyone in such a rush to lynch RTE? Though Ill admit the votes, and unvotes, are very interesting.

this point is valid only if RTE flips town. If he is mafia it will be more telling who was hesitant to vote him even though they found him to be acting anti-town.

I didn't say we'd have nothing just that we wouldn't have a lot because either way he flips, a lot of people voted for him basically right after they got caught up, and I doubt that nearly wveryone is mafia, so we'd still have to go through and try to find out who was trying to go unnoticed...

Cyan poking at Berf in a bit of subtle defense for RTE. Razen calls her out for it stating that RTE has dug his own grave basically.

@Berf saying for reasons already stated is never a good idea. And fair enough I suppose. Though to me it sounds like you dont really think hes mafia but want to lynch him anyways.

If someone's play is as anti-town as RTE's is, would you want to keep him around, even if he was town?  At this point, we're not too crippled by his lynch if he actually is vanilla town, and it eliminates a good place for mafia to hide.  The way that I see it, lynching him is a pro-town move.

Darthe sees that his Ithi vote has not had any effect on the RTE train so nudges it a bit.

What the hell.. 25 pages in a day?  

Okay, simmer down ya'll, I gotta catch more scum.  

Btw, why haven't you lynched Ithi yet?  Get it together.

Then immediately decides it is time to push hard. faking the guilty view on Ithi. (at this point I believe that RTE has 8 votes on him) 

Ithi's mafia.

Unvote vote Ithi

No I'm not.

Great defense.  

I dislike how people are defending RTE saying that if he was mafia he wouldn't play as he does... that would be the whole point of using such a playstyle.

Smart.

Ithi's mafia.

Unvote vote Ithi

An explanation would be very helpful.

Would you like a reason to go 'oh ok - that sounds very plausible, I could hop along with that?' Do you think I am not Mafia?

Lol again, a great defense.

Ithi's mafia.

Unvote vote Ithi

An explanation would be very helpful.

Silly rabbit. Role-fishing is for scum.

You're terrible this game.

Dont call me love.

And more pushing the EMO-ness.

It's like ... you want me to vote you lol

so funny.

Anyways ... already late finishing and need to pop off to the supuermarket for snack and treats. Will you be ok without having a target to push @ RTE?

Also ... you KNOW why Darthe voted me? Brilliant.

Emo.

Unvote - Vote RTE

If you are Towb Vanilla you are being too unhelpful for me to legitimately leave in the Game. You have also exhibited sufficient characteristics to make be doubt that you are actually Town.

You insta-soft claimed
You part revealed
You spammed excessively
You used the 'I don't care if I'm Lynched' thing - ugh
You Started flip-flopping around what your reasons for spamming etc were
You started linking people
you started making lame 'trying to be useful and probing so I can provide info when I die posts'
You started calling out people for just the oddest things
You started trying to discredit by claiming EMOs from them and only part quoting their quotes

Personally Mafia or Town - I think this Game is better off without you distracting and wifoming and I'm leaning Mafia now based on everything I've seen so far.

Time is also added to the list for her fence sittin post.

This is the scum pushing RTE, aka RTE is town, if annoying here.

This is what I got.  It was a pain.

Ithi (1/13): Darthe

RTE (7/13): Player, Cloud, Panchi, Razen, Ithi, Berf, Hallia

Player (2/13): Despothera, Krak

Time (1/13): Lolguy26

Lolguy26 (1/13): RTE

Thank you.

Screw it, 1x instant viewing (roar).  poochyena (aka gen 3 growlithe basically).  Had a 10% chance to read incorrectly, but I don't think that has happened and her play has confirmed it for me.

Ithi is mafia.

the blue bold is the hard defense of RTE. He is saying that because he has viewed Ithi as mafia and she is pushing RTE then RTE is town. Later he backs off his Ithi is mafia claim but still refuses to acknowledge RTE as a viable lynch. (we get there later)

Maddy joins the subtle defense of RTE club. Also the mafia in bold thing is weird.

RTE paints too convenient target on himself. I still assert that it's too abvious game play and he's too all over the place to be convincin beside. He will get lynched by both sides just from the way he plays.

Not convinced RTE is mafia

but decides to vote him 5 minutes later. ( I think she unvotes again after just a few more minutes)

But maybe he doesn't care either way and just pissing off everyone just for the sake of it. Which in any case is totally bad for everyone else involved.

in either case let's lynch RTE just for bad gaming move.

vote RTE

I promised I wont feel bad if he turns out to be town after all.

dap pushes Darthe over Ithi as a better info lynch. He stays away from RTE altogether at this point.

Darthes lyncg clears up a lot

so much more info than you imo

more to come but My firm opinion is that RTE is mafia. Furthermore more players have taken stances of one form or another in regards to him so he is also the best lynch for info today.

This is true.

If we Lynch Darthe - we just get info on Darthe. He isn't claiming to have viewed me now - so there is nothing to test apart from Darthe himself.

Whereas just about everyone in the game has had an opinion on RTE. We get info on just about everyone. People who voted him, people who have defended him, people who has quite firmly wedged the edge of that fence into their bottom.

But far more info.

So all the people wanting an info vote who haven't suggested this course of action are also now suspect.

Plus I think he is mafia and we should just Lynch him anyway.

So Despo also says despite me not being a big fan of Pokémon - I should go look it up on the pooter. So Gen 3 Pokémon - centres around the Ruby, Sapphire and Emerald Games. lots more Pokémon - with some able to do 2 moves?

Also ... NEW BAD GUYS!

Team Aqua and Team Magma.

No Team Rocket mentioned anywhere.

Perhaps we have two Mafia Teams on the loose lol

Team Aqua

In the games

Team Aqua appears only in the Hoenn-based games Pokémon Ruby, Sapphire, and Emerald, where they scheme to bring Kyogre out of its slumber.

Generally, Team Aqua Grunts have weaker Pokémon, with Zubat and Poochyena plentiful among them, however, they also use Pokémon of other types; typically they are Water types such as Carvanha (and Wailmer in Emerald). The team is headed by Archie and his two immediate subordinates Matt and Shelly.

In Sapphire

Though they are first encountered early in the game, their first major plot is to use the Meteorite to cease the eruption of Mt. Chimney, which would cause rainwater to fill the cooled-down crater. When this is thwarted by the player, they set themselves up in Lilycove City's cove, planning their next moves. Their final action in the storyline is to steal a submarine from Slateport harbor, which they use to travel to the Seafloor Cavern with the Red Orb, where Kyogre awaits. Kyogre, however, is not able to be controlled, and leaves for the Cave of Origin in Sootopolis City where it must be captured by the player or defeated.

In Ruby

Team Aqua is relegated to a supporting role in Ruby, with Team Magma instead performing the same actions (with different reasoning) and awakening Groudon instead.

In Emerald

Team Aqua's deeds are partly the same in Pokémon Emerald as they are in Ruby and Sapphire, with them stealing the sub to obtain Kyogre. After awakening Kyogre and seeing Kyogre and Groudon clash together, both Team Magma's Maxie and Team Aqua's Archie realize what they've done has caused a terrible disaster, and make peace with one another after Groudon and Kyogre have been taken care of by Rayquaza.

In the anime

Team Aqua is introduced in Stairway to Devon where a member of the team infiltrated the Devon Corporation and stole two capsules of "Creation Fluid". His plans were stopped by Team Rocket's Jessie and James, who intended to steal the same thing, all parties involved not realizing that "Creation Fluid" was nothing more than water. In On a Wingull and a Prayer!, this same member takes a boat of Mr. Briney's to escape from the police and heads for open ocean, where a Team Aqua submarine rescues him. This particular grunt is voiced by Darren Dunstan in English.

Team Aqua later appears in A Three Team Scheme and Unfair Weather Friends. Their final, and most prominent appearance is in Gaining Groudon and The Scuffle of Legends, when they and Team Magma begin the battle between Kyogre and Groudon.

Team Magma

In the games

Team Magma appears only in the Hoenn-based games Pokémon Ruby, Sapphire, and Emerald, where they scheme to bring Groudon out of its slumber.

Generally, Team Magma Grunts have weaker Pokémon, with Zubat and Poochyena plentiful among them, however, they also use Pokémon of other types; typically they are Fire-type and Ground-type Pokémon such as Numel (and Baltoy in Emerald). The team is headed by Maxie and his two immediate subordinates Tabitha and Courtney.

In Ruby

Though they are first encountered early in the game, their first major plot is to use a Meteorite to cause Mt. Chimney to erupt and expand the land. When this is thwarted by the player, they set themselves up in Lilycove City's cove, planning their next moves. Their final action in the storyline is to steal a submarine from Slateport harbor, which they use to travel to the Seafloor Cavern with the Blue Orb, where Groudon awaits. Groudon, however, is not able to be controlled, and leaves for the Cave of Origin in Sootopolis City where it must be captured by the player or defeated.

In Sapphire

Team Magma is relegated to a supporting role in Sapphire, with Team Aqua instead performing the same actions (with different reasoning) and awakening Kyogre instead.

In Emerald

Team Magma's deeds are partly the same in Pokémon Emerald as they are in Ruby and Sapphire, with the plot to cause Mt. Chimney's eruption featured, as well as a new plot to steal rocket fuel from the Mossdeep Space Center. Groudon is eventually awakened deep within a cavern used by Team Magma deep inside of Mt. Chimney. Both Team Magma's Maxie and Team Aqua's Archie realize what they've done has caused a terrible disaster, and make peace with one another after Groudon and Kyogre have been taken care of by Rayquaza.

In the anime

Like Team Rocket, Team Magma appears in the second episode of their own series, however, their rivals in Team Aqua do not make an appearance until several more episodes have passed. Much of the time, their focus is on uncovering clues about the location of Groudon, however, in A Three Team Scheme! and Fight for the Meteorite!, they come into confrontation with Team Aqua. This happens as well as in Gaining Groudon and The Scuffle of Legends, where their feud ends in a large and destructive fight between the two super-ancient Pokémon they chased.

Unlike Giovanni, Maxie himself never so much as picks up a Poké Ball, instead allowing his underlings to do the fighting for him. Tabitha generally oversees the activities of the team, while Courtney does not appear at all. Brodie infiltrates many places as a master of disguise, however, it is unknown whether his rank is above that of a Grunt or not. Formerly, Butler from Jirachi: Wish Maker worked as a scientist for Team Magma, intending to resurrect a Groudon from a Fossil, but was fired when he was unable to bring the project to fruition.

Like in the games, they use both Dark-type and Fire-type Pokémon, even those not necessarily in the Hoenn Pokédex. Brodie's team includes a Ditto, complimenting his nature. Team Magma seems to be very much organized; respect is always shown to those of higher rank, while Maxie's orders are always heeded.

So ... there does seem to be a very small interaction with Team Rocket in one of the anime episodes - but it is very possible that we should not be thinking in terms of Team Rocket at all.

I would advise everyone playing to read through this:

http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Generation_III

at the very least. Knowledge of the content of the Subject this game is based on will probably be useful.

I've played a game with two mafia teams - we were genuinely trying to find the other team and trying to get them Lynched or NKd lol. So this also means that if there are two mafia teams, then they are able to genuinely say xyz must be mafia because of abc - because they really think they are on the other team.

Makes it kind of tricky for Town.

Of course I could be proven totally wrong and for some reason it could be just Team Rocket again, but the Gen III wiki says it should be these Team Aqua and Team Magma folks.

Add dap to the "I wanna lynch RTE too but not today" crew

I want to lynch RTE as well. But one lynch a day unless you are DPR. So Farthe gives the most info
so ynch

we want to lynch all the mafia, derp or not.

Darthe gives pretty solid info
rte not as solid

Lynch him tomorrow

lynching him today leaves darthe WIFOM floating around all night and into the next day

lynching darthe removes that

i see no good rrason not to lynch darthe. All yo have is RTE is probably derp mafiia

this just seemed odd to me. I will take a look as to why after I finish these posts

If only it took three to win

We probably have 6 mafia IMO

Yes Ithi you are a brilliant fake claimer. :wub: but you still felt it a good idea to kill me as soon as you became the recruiter in the DPR ghost game. I still say I read you well.

Tbh Turin - I am bloody brilliant at fake claiming.

However this time I really am a sloth. And as usual in pokemon games, I am vanilla town.

Dap is now on my suspect list for blatant buddying up to a well known lynch Pusher - best best is right behind them, right? And also lining up future Lynches.

You expect me to just say ah well - Lynch me blah blah blah - self pity woe is me?. I understand why it will probably happen and the Mafia must be loving it. You will get probably no useful info from it - as everyone who votes can now just say 'cop view - vote ithi'

I promise I won't say 'I told you so lol' as uninformed Town I would probably have done the same if another person had been targetted in Darthe's equation.

I would ask you all to remember this is an experimental game and to not stuff it up lol

I think you are in for an interesting ride.

dap explains himself from his earlier (IMO) vanilla soft claim.

Dap can you explain to me how you can sub back in?

I don't understand that term.

Also I want to lynch RTE because I don't want to go go back pages after pages looking for clue. Again.

I still don't like his game move. He's still all over the place with too many sprinkling of ambigioud statement that could read either way...

So my vote still stand even though I think by voting him we will let some baddies live another day. But this would only make it more interesting.

Sorry sub, to replace back into the game
At the time I said that AH was looking for a replacement. So if I had died right then, at that moment. I would of asked to be that replacement

I find the percentage part believable based on previous pokemon games. If RTE is lying about being vanilla town like I think he is then as mafia it is possible he has some role that allowed him to know it(role cop?). I don't know how he would know. I do know it is possible.
As far as the soft claim, if town why would you volunteer to be lynched if you had a town power role just so you could replace back in. That doesn't sound very town to me. But it would be something mafia would say to decry their townieness.
So then dap: are you town?

Yea I wasn't actually serious about getting lynched. It was based on getting lynched instantly to be replaced
I was being facecous (love that word)
And if I had suddenly got run up with a heap of votes I would of delt with it accordingly

yes I am town

How would you have dealt with it? you earlier stated that you are hard to lynch... but as town with a chance to replace immediately you would still be in the game, unless you are really mafia...

Berf takes his stand on the Darthe , tihi, RTE thing. Circumstances have changed so meh. But he also prefers darthe to RTE.

My thoughts;

RTE and Darthe together on a mafia team (I suspect two, not sure if that has been mentioned?). RTE is major panic, as his 'start of game being visible and active and not mafia' plan fell apart, the brains trust that is comes up with this false claim thing. Targets Ithi because she is calm, logical, and a big name to boot, a perfect target for these two personalities. RTE seems to be laying low now also, a further tell.

Also, 10%? Yes to possible failings on reads, that is beleivable. But 10% success? Or was it 10% failure? Either way, In a game that usually lasts what, 5-6 days, those numbers don't add up to me, coming from a game design point of view. You want to put in things that affect the game, not have a slight chance of affecting the game. Maybe a failure one in three, or a quarter of the time or something. But not 1 in 10.

Just feels right. I know Ithi pretty well, this isn't anywhere near panic and certain players are determined to paint her as scrambling. It's all adding up for me.

My plan: If it comes down to Lynch Darthe of Ithi, we lynch Darthe. From there, depending on what the alignment is, we vote either Ithi or RTE. 

You have RTE as solidly mafia but still you are pushing Darthe above RTE. that doesn't make sense to me. The object for the town is to eliminate the mafia. If you see a mafia you lynch them straight away.

Out of the three, I think ithi is probably town (she seems on her meta and fairly consistent)
Darthe mafia (he was town but that claim paired with RTE presetting it and everything is just way too convenient to be legit)
RTE mafia (speaks for himself on this pretty much lol)

Chuckles stance on darthe and by association on RTE.

I dont buy darthe's viewing, he just pops in says ithi's mafia (twice) and then claims pikachu (im going from memory so im not sure) with a 10% failure chance and an insta viewing? and at the same time RTE has been lying low and not posting at all, seems too convenient to me 

unvote vote darthe

RTE bounces back onto the Ithi vote. As he is the other candidate it is understandable. But again he is tryng to justify following a cop view. did it in LotR also when he was mafia.

I dont buy darthe's viewing, he just pops in says ithi's mafia (twice) and then claims pikachu (im going from memory so im not sure) with a 10% failure chance and an insta viewing? and at the same time RTE has been lying low and not posting at all, seems too convenient to me 

unvote vote darthe

Sorry, sometimes this strange thing happens and I leave my flat. Imagine that.

Unvote. Vote Ithi. I should trust my gut more often. 90% (or 10% chance of error) is good enough for me.

the bold doesn't track to me. When you came in to vote Ithi she was already interacting in the thread. You made your vote and then went on a spam fest that looked most like it was intended to distract from the questioning of Dap. The reaction you created was that you were anti-town because that is what your behavior was.

Insightful cloud is insightful.

I voted Ithi to apply pressure on her and provoke a reaction. That's probably the only thing that's worked for me thus far. When Darthe came in with his vote I thought he sought to do the same thing. I thought this especially since he didn't really back up his vote at all at the time.

I'm not going to go against a claimed cop shot. If he's wrong we deal with it then. 9:1 are good odds.

already replied about first bold. As to the second, more defense of RTE. and it doesn't make sense. RTE is totally denethor here. build the fire, pour the oil, takes the torch all himself.

However this time I really am a sloth. And as usual in pokemon games, I am vanilla town.

Dap is now on my suspect list for blatant buddying up to a well known lynch Pusher - best best is right behind them, right? And also lining up future Lynches.

You expect me to just say ah well - Lynch me blah blah blah - self pity woe is me?. I understand why it will probably happen and the Mafia must be loving it. You will get probably no useful info from it - as everyone who votes can now just say 'cop view - vote ithi'

I promise I won't say 'I told you so lol' as uninformed Town I would probably have done the same if another person had been targetted in Darthe's equation.

I would ask you all to remember this is an experimental game and to not stuff it up lol

I think so too.

Beside a villain needs to be logical and calm in crisis which she has done an admirable job of and deflecting attention from herself time and again by offering RTE up on the sacrificial pyre...

hmmm...interesting

this is his reply about setting up Darthe's fake claim of daytime info role.

Considering the possibilities.

Maddy is defending RTE and Time here. very odd to me. the blue bolding I highlighted because she is assigning motives to why people are voting RTE. It is not the spam itself (which is annoying however) it is the manner he tries to use the spam to hide other things. there is an entire list of reasons to vote RTE other than the spam. If I find time I will go thru and bring them back out.

Razen joins in the Time defense here and Maddy follows along with it, adding her own two cents. The reason Time looks bad to me is that she is trying to pass off that a RTE lynch doesn't give info. Nearly everyone in the game that is active has posted some form of opinion on him. Anyone that doesn't see that is either blind or seeking to deceive.

I can say no words that haven't already been said about how annoying the spam was... while being super spammy, quickly claiming not even a day after the game started, and getting me annoyed with his back an forth with dap and Ithi, I feel that people are hopping on RTEs train because of how anti town he was acting with his spam and back and forth with dap and Ithi and it would just e the easy thing to do... I'm going to weed through the spam and see if I can make a good case on anybody that people haven't noticed since they are too focused on RTE..

why are you stalling his train?

because it's a train and we are a less than a day into the game... plus if we focus on only one, then that makes the mafia easier to be unnoticed

@Ithi... you are correct that I find him acting scummy as for whether or not I think he is town, I am very unsure at the moment...

Yes she is a fence sitter on day one and she actually said what I was thinking and then commenting on all along if you had noticed.

I find him scummy, but I don't wanna hop ona train this early in the game... however if he is still around by the end of today or tomorrow and nothing can be learned and he is making things worse, then I will vote him... I will not place my vote on him at this time because yes, even though there are a lot of players in this game and many are bound to go unnoticed I would rather have more time for day one to learn what I can rather than voting for someone and lunching them this early so we barely have anything to go on for day 2...

I find her explanation entirely logical in the face of the game and how everyone is going for easy option which is lynch RTE because most of the time they were annoyed with his spamming.

i find this post disturbing, like you dont want to buss your teammate yet and the last part is totally wrong, lets say we lynched RTE D1, does that mean we have nothing to go on with D2?! NO, we see his train, we see how people reacted to the train, the patterns and as you mentioned its still early in the game, someone's bound to slip, and since competing trains are very much preferred

Vote time

I could also go for Chuckles for linking Time and RTE so strongly together without a coroner report from RTE. I mean why vote for Time while he thinks that RTE is mafia?

This is noted by Cloud. So do I at this point in time :)

i find this post disturbing, like you dont want to buss your teammate yet and the last part is totally wrong, lets say we lynched RTE D1, does that mean we have nothing to go on with D2?! NO, we see his train, we see how people reacted to the train, the patterns and as you mentioned its still early in the game, someone's bound to slip, and since competing trains are very much preferred

Vote time

What's so disturbing about this assertion by time?

Add Despo to the don't lynch RTE today club. interesting that he votes Maddy first although makes no case there. Quickly unvotes after realizing she is new.

Extremely busy night at work tonight, tried catching up towards the end but ran outta time. I have a ton of quotes saved however, should have time tonight to add more detailed thoughts.

For now, quick response to the biggest issues currently under debate:

RTE is a poor lynch today. Lynching him wouldn't hurt town at all, since his play has been awful and he claimed vanilla, but gathering info from a lynch like his would be pretty challenging. A speedlynch on him would be even worse, which is what I saw a few pushing for a bit. Day 1 is for info gathering people.

As for Darthe's claim, I don't like it. Personally my theory right now is that he's the GF and was trying to attract a cop viewing as early as possible. The percentage thing fits with the last game a bit, but then again Darthe could have easily researched the roles from the last couple of games, and that's easily something I could see Darthe doing. Plus, the one shot thing is too convenient imo, and the point about RTE setting up the claim is interesting, even if I'm not completely sold on it. Either way, if he truly is town, then there's a 10% chance we could end up with two straight town lynches, and not much info gained from either most likely. So for that reason for now I'm ignoring the claim.

As for who I think we SHOULD lynch today, my best scum reads right now are on Cloud, Chuckles, and SuchMadness. Cloud overjustified his vote on RTE, and pushed for his lynch too hard imo. He's also been lying low for a bit since Darthe's claim if I'm not mistaken. Chuckles has had some really bad cases so far, he's def been reaching a few times, and has been tunneling on Time. I will say however, that it's possible that his play just always looks scummy to me, I can't remember the last time (if ever) that I played with him and didn't think he was scummy.

That being said, Unvote, Vote SuchMadness

Cyan firmly adds her name to the RTE is bad but others would be better lynch candidates.suggests she will vote Darthe, then RTE then Ithi (who she thinks is town btw) why would you even have someone you thought town on your list of people you would be willing to lynch?

Hm.

I went back and read over Darthe and RTEs interactions and it does seem a bit too convinent when combined with the one shot viewing. The persentage thing means the only way to find out for sure if hes telling the truth is to lynch him. Even lynching Ithi wouldnt necessarily clear him. Though it doesntquite make sense to me why, if theyre both mafia, they would draw so much attention to themselves so early in the game.

RTEs play has been terribly off. Im not convinced hes mafia though. Hes certinally not helping town and his whole lynch me for info thing was really annoying. Lynching him isnt a bad option, I dont think its the best option for today tho.

I think Ithi is town for now.

Dap on the other hand was and is still buddying up to Ithi and thats made me rather suspicious of him as I dont see the logic of doing that as town.

Lollys 'case' against Time is rather weak and the fact that hes so focused on it is odd.

Tina blindly going along with Darthe also stood out to me. First we dont know if hes town. Second even if he is his reading might nit be accurate sooo yah.

Done now.

Im not placing my vote ye but I think today it will betwwen RTE, Darthe or Ithi and Id vote for one of the first two.

My current list is

RTE

Time

Cyan

Darthe

forgetting someone but want to finish last section

Tina defends her Ithi vote...

Then questions Maddy's logic? Did Tina ever really say much about Hisoka? I don't remember that. Maddy could you quote that for me please? 

Roles are not always assigned completely at random IMO. But that is standard procedure.

Tina
Darthe claimed a flawed one shot. He claimed after someone else set up the claim

Why do you think people should blindly follow that?

You do what you want. I do think it´s odd that so few are ready to vote Ithi after a claimed view. 

Tina is still a cypher to me and a very good finger pointer.

I mean throwing Hisoka in the way when he is clearly still learning the game is throwing another red herring in the way, like Chuckles did.

She's also pushing Darthe's agenda which made me suspicious as Darthe's motives is questionable.

Finger pointer? Throwing Hisoka in the way? You must like big words. Look at Hisoka´s comment again and say what you think about it. 

I realised that I'm treading on dangerous ground and bumbling my way through the game.

I also realised that chuckles is extremely popular which made him a really good mafia. What better way to have a villain everyone likes that would pass under the radar so easily because it's inconceivable he could be a mafia?

Why do you think I'm mafia by the way despo? Is it prejudice?

I'm quite new so did not have the subtlety to be a mafia. I'm also still learning the game so not a very good person to have as a mafia. You need someone experienced not a bumbler who still do not understand the term of the game, therefore a good soft target for mafia killing.

I think it has already been mentioned but it´s random who gets what role and alignment. 

EJECT!!! EJECT!! EJECT!!!! begins to spread WIFOM for after his potential eventual lynch. Hardly anyone was voting her anyway. I think it was just you, RTE and Tina. I asked earlier and you never replied so I will ask again. If the Ithi train had taken off like I am guessing you wanted it to when would you have admitted that it was a fake view that created it?

Well this went wonderfully, ya'll!

I saw an RTE train with little chance of another push elsewhere in the day and realized that that was bad mojo for a game that the mod has defined as experimental, so I fake claimed a viewing on someone who was suspect of me.

Here is what I now know:

Ithi, Suchmadness, TGChuckles, and Dap are town.

Turin is mafia (when does turin not defend Ithi if he has a chance to believe she is town (hence my 10% wrong thing))

BG looks interesting.

You can all stop voting her now.

Prompt unvote from Tina

:dry:  Unvote.

Noted by Ithi. (you are too clever)  Bolding shows I read her well. The day at the safari park must have been very fun.

Tina is very quick to vote ... And then unvote.

Turin defends me regardless. I ignore or kill him. I don't know what he is but defending me doesn't really mean much. If he is still alive near the end he is probably Mafia - unless I get killed at some point.

Also so funny people who say - well just saying you are Town isn't helping. What exactly are you supposed to say I wonder?

And Darthe could have just done all that to look super Town. Am just saying.

So - who is everyone's top picks now and why?

RTE still for me - car crash play that had no value to Town. Spilling wifom and claims and false claims and then actual real claims and all that stuff I put in the post where I voted.

Time for complete unwillingness to take a stance.

Dap for blatant awful buddying of me because he thinks that means I won't lynch him.

I think Maddy is Town - confused but Town.

I haven't really paid attention to the others sorry.

But we did see lions, a tiger, a leopard and all sorts of other stuff. Good times.

Dap still prefers Darthe to RTE even though now there is less info to gain from Darthe since there was no view to verify.

My vote stays
a train on darthe as well as RTE is a grand idea

they need to sweat and think abbout what theyve done

Darthe talks of typo #1.

:rolleyes:

Some of you have ridiculous suspicions.  I could care less about RTE, believe it or don't.  I wanted info from the day and I have it.  Btw, Ithi, I mean to and accidentally typed of.

Typo #2

That info inncludes naming someone not in the game town (you seem to of mossed that when someone else pointed it out)

Well we do KNOW that TG isn't mafia. :laugh:

Totally meant chuckles.. jackasses

And since it wasn't answered again what was the info you got from your ploy?

Oh good catch Hallia ... actually mentioned in the OP that team Magma and Team Aqua are among us ... I really don't understand the Pokémon Things so didn't catch the reference at all.

So people - we DO have two teams to catch ... and we've got to catch them all.

And no more mention of Team Rocket or the cat thing hmmmm?

Maddy with 4 town reads of her own. Odd that I have some of them as likely mafia. Wary of too many town reads. Also continues to question Ithi here. As town you can only say that you are and keep trying to find the mafia. Look at what else she said and ask if the agenda is pro town or not. I'm town too, so your just wrong there. Firmly on the fence with Darthe and still firmly in the RTE is to scummy to be mafia camp.  Why do you think RTE would paint himself so scummy if he were town and had town motivation?

Yes Tina I use 'big words' in rl. This is the way I think because I learned English from reading the dictionary and LoRT. It's actually an effort for me to think of smaller words when the words I'm using is more concise. I wont apologise for it and I don't care if that makes me sound like a wanker.

That being said playing this game really reminds me of Midsomer Night Murder and it's English show set in a village where the most innocent and innocous person could be hiding a secret that would derail the town. As I said before I feel like Columbus the bumbling the detective. That doesn't mean I'm confused however merely questioning other's motives is not being confused. I'm winnowing down the chaff to find the kernel of truth.

So far I think Dap, Time, Despothera and BG is town. I can't read subterfuge on BG's text. He's pretty straight forward to me. While being a fence sitter can irk some people is not actually a crime and it's still early days yet so I stand by Time's prerogative to witheld her vote.

I am I'm unsure about Ithii's motives however. As she said claiming to be town is not a town makes. By this argument the more she claimed to be town the more I looked at her with my beady eyed squint.

Turin I'm pretty sure is mafia. More gameplaying will tell however.

As for Darthe he proved to be a liar and admitted to lying just to get another person's motivation. However I also did this when it comes to chuckles. I want to see which way he flips.

RTE just paint himself too convinient a target for me that's why I'm reluctant to go with this easy option.

I was buddying to Ithi long before that post. If you can find a game in which I haven't then I will give you BT points.

Then the stuff about Darthe is very weird. You say that he can't be trusted but that we will shoot ourselves in the foot if we lynch him because he is good at getting information? How do you know this? How many games have you read since this is your first one here correct? Finally the last statement re Ithi doesn't make any sense to me.

I think Turin buddying up to Ithii is based on this earlier comment made by Ithii:

So maybe we can believe that she is really is a sloth. A point I underlined. Beside Darthe's recommendation is not to be trusted. I questioned the veracity of all his statement. However what he reveals by lying is more telling than not. Voting for him this early in the game is just shooting ourselves in the foot. He's good value because he's good at winnowing other's motivations and their possible alignments, even by lying, a pretty scummy thing to do I think.

But Ithii for saying that she is brilliant at flipping town and causing Turin to buddy up to her...is a big tell imo.

I agree with her in this. So far people have come in with pre-conceived notion of how other people react and behaved in other games. This is an experimental game so let's all start with a clean slate and fresh view point. Darthe throwing up TG just confuses me. Who is this person?

I think time constraint is forcing Tina to make a snap judgement and to believe Darthe's claim of being a cop. However this also makes it hard to get a handle on her. She is still a cypher to me. Could be a mafia could be town.

I want to get more info on Cloud as well. I'm unsure about him and also about Chuckles.

The picture would be more complete if more people join in the game. So far everyone is throwing mud and see what sticks. I include myself in this.

Mafia is still ultimately mafia. Don't get too caught up in what could possibly happen that you lose sight of what is going on right in front of you.

Turin wants to Lynch RTE because Turin thinks RTE is mafia.  As a member of the town it is our job to lynch the mafia when we find them. Why do you not want to lynch RTE?

I ask you all this as well.

Why does Turin want to us all to lynch RTE so bad? I think he's derailing inquiry into his own motivation be keeping us focused on RTE's train.

And an hour and a half later she votes RTE while nudging Darthe.  Don't vote him if you don't want to. Your opinion is your own.

So Darthe could be the godfather of them all?

His name means death right? I don't speak german so I only know that vader means father....anyway not relevant.

Let's clear up one mess at a time. We can't learn anymore from RTE except his gaming mode sucks and he doesn't make a convincing case to defend himself. I don't think he really cares about the game anyway and all are united in being annoyed at him.
So..
Unvote : vote RTE.

*sigh* indeed... 

*sigh* I still think that RTE is Town though but he really wants to go down in a blaze of info. So let's comply with his request.
Whether or not he will reveal anything at all after the coroner's report? not sure.

This is what I got my beady eyes trained on and it's all speculation at this stage :
Ithii, for doth protesting too much.
Berf for buddying up to Ithii.
Darthe for being a lying scum
Turin I think at the moment he's playing a deep game of obfuscating (can't think of a simpler term).

In the unsure box is Dap.He claimed to be town but it's a soft claim...hmmm...will think about this more as I think he could flip at any time.
Chuckles he told me not to take anything at face value and so far I still don't know his affiliation. So far he's good at deflection.
Cloud...maybe he's town don't know for sure yet.

I noticed also there is subtle interaction between Darthe and Ithii which could be missed. They both appear to support each other while not appearing to do so. Ithii also distances herself from both Dap and Turin. Could be a very clever ploy on her part.

This post is mostly good, but he did get Cyan's gender wrong :tongue: Also Darthe had already claimed a typo. If you doubt that then I think it should be mentioned in the post for balance.

Back at work again, and once again it looks like it might be a crazy night. A bit sleep deprived, so hopefully getting some of my thoughts out might help wake me up a little.

Unvote, Vote Darthe

Yeah, Darthe's immediate backpedaling from his fake claim pings me greatly. The move just doesn't make any sense, it could be seen as an attempt to derail a train; I think he hit the emergency eject button on his plan (thank you Turin, apt metaphor) once he saw himself getting the kind of attention he didn't like (perhaps me suggesting he could be the GF?). Two other huge things make me feel more than comfortable voting him right now tho: NO ONE should have strong town reads on that many players this early in a game, especially a game like this, and especially when a couple of those people are pinging me and don't look town at all. I think that was entirely a wifom attempt to throw people off the trail should he end up getting lynched. More importantly however, his reasoning for why he faked the viewing and said he thought Ithi was mafia was the way she was "going after him" when this is completely untrue. One of, if not his first post in the game, was to come out and say Ithi was mafia. Ithi hadn't mentioned him by that point.

One other little small thing was his linking of Turin to the matter through some strange reasoning which also didn't make any sense, but that part is kinda ancillary at this point.

Cloud looks like he is going to continue to lurk, so I shall have to save my case on him for a later date, after I see how he reacts to a growing train on Darthe.

I don'y know how ANYONE can have a town read on suchmadness. Best you can say is having a derptown read on her, but I wouldn't even go far as to say that. Completely all over the place, partially misinformed about many things involving mafia, partially just pulling stuff out of her heiney. And the fact that she apparently already knows the concept of meta even tho this is her first game is a little troubling, def seems to indicate being coached. And the whole "Columbo the bumbling detective thing" seems either like an attempt at breadcrumbing a fake claim, or an attempt to reinforce this light-hearted "meta" that she's trying to develop for her. If she truly is the Cop and decided to breadcrumb her role, God help us.

There's one more thing I saw from her a while ago, I'll get to that in my next post.

Also forgot to include Cyan in my previous list of scum reads. He's def pinging to me for fence-sitting type behavior.

Despo WoT replies inside

Gonna try and keep my responses as concise as possible.

Let's start getting info then.

BG who do you think is town?

RTE ... who do you think is Town?

Is much easier to get asnwers from other people than actually draw your own line in the sand, yes?

Let's start getting info then.

BG who do you think is town?

Lol at bad question. At this point in time, with 12 pages of really just you, Dap, with Ithi sprinkled in for good measure there isn't anyone I think is town. There is not enough info or posting or good scumhunting really. There is enough from some players though to allow me believe their actions are working against town's best interest. Your above question is a trap. It would be a valid question later in the game, but not now.

I agree with this ^ post

Aaaaaaand BG saying is a trap is odd.

Why would asking someone who they think is Mafia be a trap? How would this Trap work? What would its aim be?

Strange that Ithi "forgets" that the real question RTE asked was who BG thought was town (which was a poor question to ask early in Day 1), and thinks he asked who BG thought was mafia, when she herself responded to RTE's post and asked HIM who HE thought was town. Ithi explained that her mind autocorrected the question to the one which would make sense. Who do you think is mafia? I can say I believe her.

He just wants to know why Darthe is voting for me. Because Darthe did not give a reason.

Good grief.

When does that even begin to be rolefishing?

I agree with this, calling what Cloud did rolefishing is more than a stretch. The whole "rolefishing" thing is used way too often lately methinks. 

I like this post. defense of Time defending RTE. noted

Its really bothering me how fast this train is growing. Its still the first day you know. Why is everyone in such a rush to lynch RTE? Though Ill admit the votes, and unvotes, are very interesting.

Fence-sitting post is fence-sittingy. Ping. Agreed. but why is it okay for Time then?

Vote time

Awful vote and awful reasoning. RTE's lynch would not give us NEARLY as much info as another potential lynch would today, since his was mostly an example of self-destruction. Mafia can hide votes easily on or off the train. Either way, you can link RTE and Time if you want, but Time's alignment wouldn't really say anything about RTE. She could flip mafia and was just trying to defend a townie to gain town cred, or was trying to derail a lynch on a scummie. Her alignment tells you nothing about RTE.

Ping on Chuckles for poor reasoning and backwards linking. still pushing the RTE lynch is poor for info line. That is total BS despo.

...right, so are you going to actually case someone like you said you would? or just continue fencing?

Chuckles tunneling on Time. Despo continues to defend Time and by extension RTE

Oh I get it now. Thanks Cloud. I was confused.

At least you haven't confused anyone's gender this game.

(yet :tongue:) ironic post is ironical

i was looking at post counts... my first thought other than Ithi, dap, and RTE have a crudload of posts is that chuckles seems a little more active than normal... maybe he's trying to change how he approaches a game, but i find it kind of odd...

lol. Are you seriously putting suspicion on someone for the sole reason of being active?

Uhm, I think it's rather obvious from her post that she was using meta as reasoning in her fos more time defense

I don't know who you are, but when someone claims cop and you don't vote for found scum.. it looks bad m'kay?

Excuse the mistakes of a rookie..m'kay?

Mostly it's to do with the fact that my feelings are colouring this game as she's been a guide in the BT for me.
I don't wanna believe that she's mafia

RTE paints too convenient target on himself. I still assert that it's too abvious game play and he's too all over the place to be convincin beside. He will get lynched by both sides just from the way he plays.

Not convinced RTE is mafia

Okay this is kind of a biggie, for anyone still paying attention.

Why bold the word "mafia" in both posts?!

(emphasis is not mine btw, go back and check if you wanna make sure)

Looks strongly like a possible symp hint to me. I became slightly less sure about this when I realized it was her first game, but I still think it's a strong possibility, considering her total play so far in the game. This is possible. Made sure to put it in thread for town cred while alerting his team about it.

But maybe he doesn't care either way and just pissing off everyone just for the sake of it. Which in any case is totally bad for everyone else involved.

in either case let's lynch RTE just for bad gaming move.

vote RTE

I promised I wont feel bad if he turns out to be town after all.

Why bold this last sentence here as well??? I'm flabbergasted.

:huh:  Gonna say I think this is because she is new and received Ithi's tips list. one of them is vote how you think and if they turn out town don't feel bad about it.

Gah I really feel like Columbus the bumbling detective!

And I'm getting addicted despite self.

Ithii just saying over and over again that she's town only serve to cast more suspicion her way. Turin also for being chronic buddier and still not getting a handle on his motives or his reason. Just stating the abvious is not a good reason.

Tina coming in and assert Darthe's claim just muddy up the water. She's as much a cypher as Darthe...

What's with the last part on Tina? How was anything she did "muddying up the waters"? Her stance couldn't have been more clear in fact. Darthe claimed a viewing, she was following that viewing. This is something very common for Tina, when someone claims she usually takes it at face vaule until it has been proven or disproven. questions Maddy which looks valid but then uses Tina meta to explain for her

Okay had to split this cause was too big
This made me laugh out loud. Probably should have included Ithi's post for context.

Ithi is on her meta
:tongue:

Grumpy RTE. call ghostbusters

I'm on a bus to London running on an hour of sleep last night and whatever I slept in here.

What do you want?

A lot of null tells from RTE. not giving much to go on once he is lynched. So much for the blaze of info

A lot has happened and there's been a lot of interesting discussions. Apart from the despo post I need to reread and a couple of the bigger cases I'm generally up to speed. Despite being in Belgium this coming week I'm not using it as any excuse. I'll work on a recap of thoughts as soon as I can.

Quick thoughts:

-Such is new and that makes me consider her play thus far in a different light. Based on DM unwritten rules (noob pass) I'll only start giving her a hard time tomorrow but her posting has been interesting.

-Turin is on his meta but much less aggressive than the LotR game. Take from that what you will.

-Town read on Despo but never played with him as scum.

-Null read on Chuckles thus far

-Dap is playing his usual game as far as I can tell. But he does that regardless of alignment. Nothing since the initial exchanges with Ithi have come across as scummy but those are worth bearing in mind.

-Of all the posting and reactions on the game Ithi's are the most interesting by far IMO. Hardest defending I've seen in a while.

-Darthe retracting his statement and naming people town makes his play look even more erratic than mine. Looks like a load of wifom but I like to think there's a method to the madness.

-Want to hear more from time, Cloud, Tina, Darthe

If I didn't include someone they haven't been very impressionable or active lately or I just forgot. Some big names have been relatively inactive thus far and I'd like to see them get into the game. Anyone find it odd how Luci popped in, made no indication she had caught up to the game or read it and voted me, even though I've never posted in the same thread as her? I smell a QT.

Getting off the bus! To the tube!

First line is awful. Mafia will know if she is one of them. so if she is not you just painted a target on her back. Good town play... not
For the final time experimental is NOT kitchen sink. It just means there will be something odd going on. could be anything.

No because I think you have a PR. If you aren't scum.

In experimental games I like to think there aren't many vanillas. You may be the other though.

Anyways I don't know why you took so much exception to that one comment. I just want people to look back at it when I turn up town and make what they will of it. Would you like to argue that anyone else has defended themselves so vigorously this game?

Agreed with Despo again here. But because of that I am wondering why isn't despo more willing to lynch RTE???

No because I think you have a PR. If you aren't scum.

In experimental games I like to think there aren't many vanillas. You may be the other though.

Anyways I don't know why you took so much exception to that one comment. I just want people to look back at it when I turn up town and make what they will of it. Would you like to argue that anyone else has defended themselves so vigorously this game?

Few things here:

If you think Ithi is a PR, WHY OH WHY would you state that? There's no way you can argue that that's a protown move man.

Dap and Ithi already pointed this out, but experimental =/= kitchen sink game. Just means the mechanics might play out a little differently than normal, whether that's in regards to certain roles or other parts of the setup. Honestly, with a player pool this big I'd expect to see a good many vanillas.

And I would argue that YOU have defended yourself harder than Ithi RTE.

More to the point however, defending yourself is NOT a scumtell in mafia. Getting defensive from a slight bit of pressure can be said to be a scumtell for some folks, but to me it depends on the player. Some get more defensive than others when accused, might have nothing to do with their alignment. But defending yourself when someone comes out and claims a cop viewing on you day 1 is in no way scummy bro. If you're either town or mafia, you're expected to fight your lynch. A cop viewing will lead to a lynch much easier than one or two people casing you.

Just bugs me that a lot of newer players seem to have been taught that defensiveness = scummy, when thats def not always true.

Dap still wants to have his cake and eat it too.

Id rather not have everyone rush onto RTE. Im down with voting him but i dont think a day shpuld have only one train, especially day one.

Im not absolving people who arent votibg RTE but i do want to see pressure elsewhere are well (in this case darthe)

Here Des goes into full on RTE defense. He uses the opposite of the small chance RTE flips town in one of his later posts I believe. Maybe it was in the WoT that is spoiler tags. I haven't gone back to that yet. If mafia would be happy to bus him then do you think that they were the ones that jumped on when his lynch looked inevitable and have now jumped off when it stalled? I would say that all the plots that have occurred at the proper time to stall RTE's lynch as well as the people that are saying he is scummy but not voting him is more telling. I won't speak for Ithi but my vote is still on RTE because I think he is the best candidate to get mafia today and because it looks like the mafia really do not want him lynched.

Maybe the newer players are getting confused between defending yourself and defending other players.

Of course you should defend yourself - it's when people go bat poo crazy in the process that it rings alarm bells. Lynch me, don't lynch, I'm this, I'm that, I'm spartacus!!!!

Yeah I'm looking at you RTE.

Defending others is a different kettle of fish.

Also the RTE lynch has stalled. I think this is another indicator he is Mafia. All the hey he's playing really mafiosos but I think he's town cos no mafia would play that bad.

We should be looking at them people. They either mafia with him, or on the small chance he flips Town, they looking for a way to say they didn't think he was Mafia anyways.

I'm expecting a last minute pile on. As usuall. With much wailing and gnashing of teeth about consoloidation.

I def don't think RTE is a good lynch to go today. Just because he acted extremely erratically doesn't mean he's definitely mafia, yet even though other opportunities have arisen for switching a vote to someone that could possibly net more info, some people like you seem completely content to stubbornly park their vote on someone that any mafioso would be happy to bus, were RTE to turn out to actually be scum. His play has been anti-town for sure, but anti-town doesn't necessarily mean scummy. I think he's yet another example of derptown coming to haunt town yet again.

And your "small chance that he flips town" is such a leading statement btw. This way you can act all aghast should he .... omg ACTUALLY flip town?!?!?!?!one?!questionmark?!?!

If you're so eager to prevent a last minute pile on or consolidation lynch, why leave your vote parked on a stalled lynch? Looks like you just wanna complain about something without doing something to actually prevent it.

There it is... "Not a great chance he is scum"? How does RTE not yield a boatload of info? nearly everyone has weighed in with opinions on him. His lynch gives more info than anyone else. You must be able to see this. Unless you have blinders on. As to the last, I am also curious about why so many did not follow Darthe. I always have a initial bias to Ithi being town. but many were willing to cast aspersion but would not go so far as to vote. Perhaps then KNEW she is town and did not want to get stuck on that lynch. just a thought...

Thanks despo

I do think RTE is a good and viable option though

Only reason he's really a viable lynch option is because his play has been awful and he claimed vanilla. I don't think there's a great chance that he's scum, and his lynch wouldn't net town that much info, which is extremely important for a day 1 lynch.

No others followed
You blindly followed even though your vote came after several explanation posts of why his claim seemed like BS and even a few outlining why he was a better lynch even if he was telling the truth

I do agree with this however. Following a cop viewing is one thing, following a percentage day 1 viewing from someone like Darthe is quite another...

You really do not want anyone to even consider voting RTE do you Despo? I think he must be important to the mafia team. And yes I am leaning you mafia now.

You make it seem like your vote on Darthe is less of a strong vote of conviction and more of a filler vote before you can switch back to RTE Dap. Not only that but your post seems to hint at consolidation ("RTE is next up") when the deadline is still so long away that such a thing shouldn't even have any bearing on where you vote. Makes me think you're trying to look like you'll just vote whoever has the highest lynch train.

Didn't really answer the questions that I saw. attempts to shift attention to Ithi with broaching fake claims. I think she showed her google -Fu in the post about two potential teams. As to the second part, you accuse her of twisting your words when it is exactly what you did with her words above. Good for the goose is good for the gander. Then the scumdar threat is typical.

I have posted another posts with questions for despo. Seems to have been forgotten maybe. Also am out at the soft play area with two monkeys so indepth thoughts will have to wait.

Plus that is the main explanation for my vote on him. I went through all the reasoning at the time of voting.

Keep your eye on all you like - I don't think these pokemons suddenly change into something else. If there is the most dull and uninteresting or useful pokemon in all the world - then I'm guessing my sloth thing is that.

I already responded to your question.

And don't hide behind a character claim, it's unbecoming for a player of your skill. If you're town, show your towniness. Mafia can easily be given safe claims, or you could have just picked a gen III pokemon that seemed like it wouldn't be in the game. And don't respond with anything about not knowing all the pokemon, everyone knows your google-fu is strong.

Ooooh great chance.

Hedging bets.

Lol

The ball pool beckons.

Hrmm? I don't think there's a great chance RTE is scum, which is another way of saying I think the chances of him being mafia are low. Why you trying to twist my words? Hedging bets would be if I said that he could be town or mafia. I'm clearly stating my read on him. No hedging here.

Ithi climbing up scumdar...

noted this because in Ithi's post it is clear that poochyena were widely used by both team aqua and team magma.

For the point of it, I am fine with a lynch for info today. I am poochyena, town rb but my ability only has a 25% chance of working. lol I didn't pull my claim from anywhere.

RTE has gone silent because his team told him to. He still hasn't really given much in the way of reads for his "blaze of info". Tina did follow but I hardly think that she has stood out more than several others.

RTE's entire demeanor has changed from early on in game, not feeling him as much anymore at all. Tina's the one that sticks out the most for me right now, the way she did just follow along. Now pardon me, I gotta get back in the kitchen. (Making breakfast :D) :tongue:

Unvote
Vote Tina

So updated list
RTE
Darthe
DEspo
Dap
Time
Cyan

Tina???
Kronos???
Hallia??

Still lots of silent peoples. It is the weekend but c'mon folks let's play.

this caught my eye from the above post ...

Maddy says this:

But Ithii for saying that she is brilliant at flipping town and causing Turin to buddy up to her...is a big tell imo.

I actually said that I was brilliant at Fake Claims ... but Maddy has posted that I am brilliant at flipping Town

lol.

One can only flip Town if one is Town. Do you think she knows something?

Also my Guide to new Players contains hardly ANY of the stuff that Maddy is coming out with. It's all wonderful stuff but she is posting like a PRO. Dear Maddy ... I don't wish you to think I'm doubting your ability to play the game and pick up stuff fast ... but bloody hell - where are you getting all this from? If you have trained yourself just provide the source.

Mafia is very much an 'in the know' Game - so you must have looked stuff up somewhere.

I'm still having a chuckle as to whether the Mafia Teams knew about each other's existence until now.

Also ... you are working very hard Turin love, almost Dap-esqe with the massive multiquotes. For the good of the Town, right?

So if I'm reading that correctly, Chuckles, you think that Darthe is mafia because he lied about having an investigative role and tried to get people to follow him on his fake viewing on Ithi by insinuating that not following a cop view like that is scummy. Then came out and listed who he said was town, scum, and unknown based on who reacted and how to that lie. Is that correct?

and the fact that his timing fit perfectly with when everyone was on RTE train or going on it

Who are you voting for atm? Are you voting Darthe?

This post seems to say you are unhappy with Darthe for intentionally interrupting the RTE Lynch. This means you think the RTE Lynch was a good thing. His Lynch was something that Darthe was willing to try and stop. Ergo - you should be voting for the person that you think Darthe was trying to save - which is RTE.

Otherwise you need a new reason for voting darthe lol

Turin, i never said we would get no info, i said we more than likely wouldn't get a lot (this was at the time where nearly everyone was like "Lynch RTE" even though it had been less than a day since the game started) however I no longer have the view that if he were lynched then not a lot of info could be gained... i am currently out, but I will vote when I get home in a few hours...

I was trying to get all the "I think RTE is behaving anti-town, but I don't wanna vote him yet" posts and it kinda morphed into everything that struck me as odd. I really don't like doing all that but I want to show why I think RTE is the best lynch and will provide the most info. There is oodles to go thru from the Darthe fake view to those that are on the fence to those that are saying he's scummy but aren't voting.

I am most certainly town this game.  I really hate multi quote...

I think chuckles is voting Time at the present.

Okie dokie Time.

That's right Mafia Peoples - just cos someone isn't on your Team doesn't mean that they are Town. Time to re-align your thinking and stop being so worried about sitting on the fence - because you might just get one of the other mafia team and look like a regular hero.

Isn't that right Time?

God that took forever. Finally got some free time while on vacation in florida and am caught up. My last post was just a quick check-in on mobile, i didn't have time for a full read. You people post too bloody much; 40 pages in three days, really? Especially RTE. Light. Anyway, this isn't a comprehensive list, but its a couple things that jumped out at me.

Vote Ithi.

Darthe claims to have viewd her as mafia. End of story.

That was very quick and very certain, especially on a claim that had a chance to fail. Speaking of the claim, that raised so much wifom its not even funny.

To throw a spanne in the works... Maybe I am mafia...

...Really. This is unhelpful in every way whichever team you're on.

Well this went wonderfully, ya'll!

I saw an RTE train with little chance of another push elsewhere in the day and realized that that was bad mojo for a game that the mod has defined as experimental, so I fake claimed a viewing on someone who was suspect of me.

Here is what I now know:

Ithi, Suchmadness, TG, and Dap are town.

Turin is mafia (when does turin not defend Ithi if he has a chance to believe she is town (hence my 10% wrong thing))

BG looks interesting.

You can all stop voting her now.

Ooooookay then. Congrats on distracting from the RTE train completely and accomplishing... not a whole lot as far as i can tell.

It's only sexist if you don't vote Darthe.

Confused face.

Anyway: RTE should go down today imo. The whole thing with Darthe and Ithi is intruiging, but not really super useful. RTE's lynch will give us a ton of info.

Archived