DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Pokemon Mafia III: The Treasure of Heart Island--GAME OVER--TOWN WIN

Aiel Heart

You make it seem like your vote on Darthe is less of a strong vote of conviction and more of a filler vote before you can switch back to RTE Dap. Not only that but your post seems to hint at consolidation ("RTE is next up") when the deadline is still so long away that such a thing shouldn't even have any bearing on where you vote. Makes me think you're trying to look like you'll just vote whoever has the highest lynch train.

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks despo

I do think RTE is a good and viable option though

Only reason he's really a viable lynch option is because his play has been awful and he claimed vanilla. I don't think there's a great chance that he's scum, and his lynch wouldn't net town that much info, which is extremely important for a day 1 lynch.

No others followed

You blindly followed even though your vote came after several explanation posts of why his claim seemed like BS and even a few outlining why he was a better lynch even if he was telling the truth

I do agree with this however. Following a cop viewing is one thing, following a percentage day 1 viewing from someone like Darthe is quite another...

Darthe is still my preferred (hence still voting him) but I do think there would be info from an RTE lynch and if Darthe doesn't fly, currently RTE is next up

My last post was in response to this. Couldn't post for a bit cause I was driving home

I currently plan to vote the secon highest to keep pressure equal on two trains until such time as there is enough info to be gained by a lynch or we run out of time

I did say currently didnt I? I meant to if I didn't

I expect it to change over the next few days. But currently that's how it stands for me

I'm voting my best pick for Mafia.

Interesting that Ithi posts with something so simple after I raise several points against her.

Now more wary of you Ithi.

I´m also wary of Ithi but my biggest reason for voting her was Darthes supposed view. Keeping an eye on her, as always.

I don´t understand a lot of Maddy´s post and I don´t like that she accused Des of being sexist. There are a lot of women that plays mafia, Maddy, and I don´t think we are treated different. It´s great that you are active. You won´t get a newbie pass forever though. 

ok image was bigger than i expected

now lets get into the game

id be happy with a darthe or RTE lynch

darthe cuz of his scumtastic posts and lying and pretty much everything else that's darthe 

RTE id lynch him to get rid of a lot of wifom he started  

What wifom did RTE start?

It's an experimental game alright.

I think half of you are scum and the other half are just plain mean.

Des I saw what you're doing you just skip to the last page rambled on to sound halfway intelligent and then make a vote that bear no correlation to your ramblings. Where is all the qoute you keep hinting at. It shows that you're a lazy thinker who couldn't be bothered to check out my gender, which is right there next to my pic btw. Why do you think I'm a man? Is it because you're surprised that a woman can actually think? That's why I think you're view is completely prejudicial.

BG one sentence answer is extremely interesting. Thank you for that.

I wanted to make it fun like a detective read but abviously it's all about point scoring. Very insightful.

I'm going to bed. I'm actually really busy as well Des.

What in the wild world of soccer is going on here.... so much misinformation in this post, I dunno where to begin.

I don't remember ever calling you a man. Can you show me where I did? I was already under the perception that you were female. You're assumption that I'm sexist and assume women are less intelligent is somewhat offensive, and completely off the mark with me. If anything, science illustrates that both genders have strengths in different mental facilities, but as far as overall "computing power" women probably have the edge.

You also somewhat insult my intelligence, and say I ramble on. I do ramble a little bit, but I'm always trying to make a point. I'm just not very concise most of the time.

And I DID quote some of the major things I saw against you. The two quotes which seemed faintly like a symp hint, and the strange fos at Tina. There was a lot of other stuff that was very off the wall, but I didn't attribute that solely to you being scummy, and thought part of it was cause you're new.

Also, I never implied that you weren't posting enough or were lurking, or prodded you in any way for activity. Don't know what that last sentence was about at all.

Your wildly OMGUSy post against me def makes me think I struck a nerve. Why react so strongly to my fos?

Lastly I just wanna bandwagon onto what Dap already said, I actually appreciate that you are posting a lot more and being more active than some of the other newer players. Regardless of whether or not I think you're scummy, you're at least trying to play the game, which is actually somewhat of a high compliment considering how timid a lot of new players are.

Thanks despo

I do think RTE is a good and viable option though

Only reason he's really a viable lynch option is because his play has been awful and he claimed vanilla. I don't think there's a great chance that he's scum, and his lynch wouldn't net town that much info, which is extremely important for a day 1 lynch.

No others followed

You blindly followed even though your vote came after several explanation posts of why his claim seemed like BS and even a few outlining why he was a better lynch even if he was telling the truth

I do agree with this however. Following a cop viewing is one thing, following a percentage day 1 viewing from someone like Darthe is quite another...

Why exactly don't you think there is a chance he is Mafia? What has he done that makes you so sure he is Town. It's D1 - anyone could be anything.

Reading is fundamental. I said I didn't think there was a great chance that he is mafia. You sure seem to be misreading a number of things this game... I have a derptown read on him, but of course I could be wrong.

People who haven't been posted in the next 36 hours will be poked (waiting that long because it is still a weekend right now)

Official Vote Count

With 24 alive, it takes 13 to lynch

Kronos (0) : Hallia

berf (0) : berf, Ithi, Piano

Ithi (0) : RTE, Darthe, BG, Tina, RTE

RTE (7): Piano, Cloud, Panchi, Razen, BG, Ithi, berf, Hallia, Turin, madness, Luci

Piano (1): Des, Krak

WoT13 (0): Chuckles

Chuckles (2): RTE, Razen, RTE

Mawth (0): Ley

Darthe (6): Piano, berf, Chuckles, BG, Des, Tina

Madness (0): Des

Cloud (0): Des

Turin (1): Darthe

Not voting: Mawth, Kronos, Dav, Ley, WoT13, Cyan, Hisoka

I have posted another posts with questions for despo. Seems to have been forgotten maybe. Also am out at the soft play area with two monkeys so indepth thoughts will have to wait.

Plus that is the main explanation for my vote on him. I went through all the reasoning at the time of voting.

Keep your eye on all you like - I don't think these pokemons suddenly change into something else. If there is the most dull and uninteresting or useful pokemon in all the world - then I'm guessing my sloth thing is that.

I just realized I was throwing a lot of acronyms at a player that might not yet be familiar with some of them lol.

For quick reference, for both Madness and any newer players in the game-

OMGUS - Oh My God U Suck! Basically means a retaliatory vote or tone.

WIFOM - Wine In Front Of Me. Reference to famous Princess Bride scene, essentially means creating pathways of confusion. Some take it to mean there can only be two pathways, I take it to mean any number of circumstances which can create confusion.

FOS - Finger Of Suspicion. A way of casting suspicion without actually voting. Some are more formal about fos's than others, I look at any post that seems to be casting doubt or suspicion on another player as an fos.

There's a naughty acronym which a few are using, which is against the CoC incidentally. Don't copy them. It's also referred to as rule 14.

darthe cuz of his scumtastic posts and lying and pretty much everything else that's darthe 

the fact that some people are like no mafia would play like that and etc, and did you skip the first 20 pages? 

I have posted another posts with questions for despo. Seems to have been forgotten maybe. Also am out at the soft play area with two monkeys so indepth thoughts will have to wait.

Plus that is the main explanation for my vote on him. I went through all the reasoning at the time of voting.

Keep your eye on all you like - I don't think these pokemons suddenly change into something else. If there is the most dull and uninteresting or useful pokemon in all the world - then I'm guessing my sloth thing is that.

I already responded to your question.

And don't hide behind a character claim, it's unbecoming for a player of your skill. If you're town, show your towniness. Mafia can easily be given safe claims, or you could have just picked a gen III pokemon that seemed like it wouldn't be in the game. And don't respond with anything about not knowing all the pokemon, everyone knows your google-fu is strong.

Ooooh great chance.

Hedging bets.

Lol

The ball pool beckons.

Hrmm? I don't think there's a great chance RTE is scum, which is another way of saying I think the chances of him being mafia are low. Why you trying to twist my words? Hedging bets would be if I said that he could be town or mafia. I'm clearly stating my read on him. No hedging here.

Ithi climbing up scumdar...

the fact that some people are like no mafia would play like that and etc, and did you skip the first 20 pages? 

That's not wifom that RTE created, thats inherent wifom anytime someone plays erratically. The wifom is created by those proposing that "no mafia would do such a thing" which is a completely pointless and incorrect statement. Mafia will play however that they think will help them win.

First 20 pages looked a lot more like spam and pointless back and forth to me than any actual gameplay. There were moments here and there, but the vast majority of it was RTE spamming and flailing, and Dap and Ithi encouraging such behavior.

Btw, yall can officially add Ithi to my list of suspected scum. Especially considering she was one of the few to come out and say Madness looked town.

My scum list as of now:

Darthe

Madness

Cloud (pushed speed lynch on RTE, has been lurking for a while now)

Chuckles (tunneled on Time for a silly reason)

Ithi

Cyan (fence-sitting post, also lurking somewhat)

That's not wifom that RTE created, thats inherent wifom anytime someone plays erratically. The wifom is created by those proposing that "no mafia would do such a thing" which is a completely pointless and incorrect statement. Mafia will play however that they think will help them win.

First 20 pages looked a lot more like spam and pointless back and forth to me than any actual gameplay. There were moments here and there, but the vast majority of it was RTE spamming and flailing, and Dap and Ithi encouraging such behavior.

that someone is RTE, thats why im blaming it on him, so it is Wifom created by wifom and boosted by the people who say "mafia woudnt play like this"

Some were too giddy to get on thread.  Methinks mafia is between them.  That is 1/3, better odds than normal for D1.

sean-connery.jpg

Ithi's mafia.

Unvote vote Ithi

What the hell.. 25 pages in a day?  

Okay, simmer down ya'll, I gotta catch more scum.  

Btw, why haven't you lynched Ithi yet?  Get it together.

Ithi's mafia.

Unvote vote Ithi

No I'm not.

Great defense.  

I dislike how people are defending RTE saying that if he was mafia he wouldn't play as he does... that would be the whole point of using such a playstyle.

Smart.

Ithi's mafia.

Unvote vote Ithi

An explanation would be very helpful.

Would you like a reason to go 'oh ok - that sounds very plausible, I could hop along with that?' Do you think I am not Mafia?

Lol again, a great defense.

Ithi's mafia.

Unvote vote Ithi

An explanation would be very helpful.

Silly rabbit. Role-fishing is for scum.

You're terrible this game.

Dont call me love.

And more pushing the EMO-ness.

It's like ... you want me to vote you lol

so funny.

Anyways ... already late finishing and need to pop off to the supuermarket for snack and treats. Will you be ok without having a target to push @ RTE?

Also ... you KNOW why Darthe voted me? Brilliant.

Emo.

Unvote - Vote RTE

If you are Towb Vanilla you are being too unhelpful for me to legitimately leave in the Game. You have also exhibited sufficient characteristics to make be doubt that you are actually Town.

You insta-soft claimed

You part revealed

You spammed excessively

You used the 'I don't care if I'm Lynched' thing - ugh

You Started flip-flopping around what your reasons for spamming etc were

You started linking people

you started making lame 'trying to be useful and probing so I can provide info when I die posts'

You started calling out people for just the oddest things

You started trying to discredit by claiming EMOs from them and only part quoting their quotes

Personally Mafia or Town - I think this Game is better off without you distracting and wifoming and I'm leaning Mafia now based on everything I've seen so far.

Time is also added to the list for her fence sittin post.

This is the scum pushing RTE, aka RTE is town, if annoying here.

This is what I got.  It was a pain.

Ithi (1/13): Darthe

RTE (7/13): Player, Cloud, Panchi, Razen, Ithi, Berf, Hallia

Player (2/13): Despothera, Krak

Time (1/13): Lolguy26

Lolguy26 (1/13): RTE

Thank you.

Screw it, 1x instant viewing (roar).  poochyena (aka gen 3 growlithe basically).  Had a 10% chance to read incorrectly, but I don't think that has happened and her play has confirmed it for me.

Ithi is mafia.

I don't know who you are, but when someone claims cop and you don't vote for found scum.. it looks bad m'kay?

Well this went wonderfully, ya'll!

I saw an RTE train with little chance of another push elsewhere in the day and realized that that was bad mojo for a game that the mod has defined as experimental, so I fake claimed a viewing on someone who was suspect of me.

Here is what I now know:

Ithi, Suchmadness, TG, and Dap are town.

Turin is mafia (when does turin not defend Ithi if he has a chance to believe she is town (hence my 10% wrong thing))

BG looks interesting.

You can all stop voting her now.

oh and unvote vote Turin

:rolleyes:

Some of you have ridiculous suspicions.  I could care less about RTE, believe it or don't.  I wanted info from the day and I have it.  Btw, Ithi, I mean to and accidentally typed of.

That info inncludes naming someone not in the game town (you seem to of mossed that when someone else pointed it out)

Well we do KNOW that TG isn't mafia. :laugh:

Totally meant chuckles.. jackasses

^Kinda answered them already, those four people are practically confirmed town I got such a strong read on them imo, and your attitude towards Ithi is far different than I would expect of you in such a situation.  Chuckles and TG joined mafia at similar times and always make me think of one another :shrug: if I get lynched for that and trying to get info then at least my reads will be valued.

Yes it's part of my meta and to keep the game interesting for myself. This is my first game so I'm playing a rambly detective *shrug*

jesus, the difference between of and to is being blown all to hell.

All of darthe's posts, and the bolded parts are the main reasons i think he's mafia and considering the fact that he hasnt really contributed or helped town in anyway possible, is another factor

(good enough papa dap?)

Also I would just like to throw my two-penneth in the whole Gender thingy. It's been niggling me and I have a few moments to address it.

Despo said that BG always get the gender of new folks muddled up. This is true. He really does. Also some of our members are from countries that don't have a gender specific pro-noun, so he and she do get muddled up.

Suggesting that xyz said abc because of gender stereo type reasons is just unfair. I for one know that Despo thinks very highly of intelligent women - because he has clever tendancies himself.

And people on mobile cannot see siggies, genders or anything that would give them a clue. Member names sometimes do not give a clue and neither do avatars.

And honestly ... Stuff like that doesn't really happen here. Think about the type of people who post here - avid readers and geeks and all that jazz. There is a general brightness about our patronage I think.

Probably need to get to know each other a little better hmmm?

So if I'm reading that correctly, Chuckles, you think that Darthe is mafia because he lied about having an investigative role and tried to get people to follow him on his fake viewing on Ithi by insinuating that not following a cop view like that is scummy.  Then came out and listed who he said was town, scum, and unknown based on who reacted and how to that lie.  Is that correct?

I think Tina is playing a safe game right now, looking to avoid anything that could make her stand out from the others at this stage of the game.  That's why she blindly followed Darthe without questioning his motives or considering what others had posted about his investigative role.  And now that he revealed that he was lying, she turns around and votes Darthe, as if he caused her to blindly follow along with that lie.  What's your take on the RTE situation, Tina?

Still think he is town here but I don't like the way he says I am scummy because of blah blah blah and then says that it is how I am. "thats darthe" may be something I am misreading here, but it struck me as odd.  

Archived