DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Pokemon Mafia III: The Treasure of Heart Island--GAME OVER--TOWN WIN

Aiel Heart

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

/for serio

I don't think there's anything wrong with meta being used in the game of mafia. There are certainly people who overuse it, and rely on it too much, or abuse meta in order to manipulate, but imo its a pretty significant thing if someone is acting way different from how they normally do as town.

Yes well there's a difference between doing the calculations on meta in your head and using it to help your own play ... But you KNOW the stuff I mean.

Blah blah my meta is this, their meta is that, uncle bob's meta is that. And then ignoring everything that actually happens in the game.

I should include The Meta-iser

A lot has happened and there's been a lot of interesting discussions. Apart from the despo post I need to reread and a couple of the bigger cases I'm generally up to speed. Despite being in Belgium this coming week I'm not using it as any excuse. I'll work on a recap of thoughts as soon as I can.

Quick thoughts:

-Such is new and that makes me consider her play thus far in a different light. Based on DM unwritten rules (noob pass) I'll only start giving her a hard time tomorrow but her posting has been interesting.

-Turin is on his meta but much less aggressive than the LotR game. Take from that what you will.

-Town read on Despo but never played with him as scum.

-Null read on Chuckles thus far

-Dap is playing his usual game as far as I can tell. But he does that regardless of alignment. Nothing since the initial exchanges with Ithi have come across as scummy but those are worth bearing in mind.

-Of all the posting and reactions on the game Ithi's are the most interesting by far IMO. Hardest defending I've seen in a while.

-Darthe retracting his statement and naming people town makes his play look even more erratic than mine. Looks like a load of wifom but I like to think there's a method to the madness.

-Want to hear more from time, Cloud, Tina, Darthe

If I didn't include someone they haven't been very impressionable or active lately or I just forgot. Some big names have been relatively inactive thus far and I'd like to see them get into the game. Anyone find it odd how Luci popped in, made no indication she had caught up to the game or read it and voted me, even though I've never posted in the same thread as her? I smell a QT.

Getting off the bus! To the tube!

-Of all the posting and reactions on the game Ithi's are the most interesting by far IMO. Hardest defending I've seen in a while.

:rolleyes:

Saying that I'm Town and providing my own pokemon details is super hard defending? When someone claimed to have a Mafia view of me?

I would called that re-directing attention away from myself and definite over reaching of the facts.

Town should NOT want to get Lynched. Even vanilla Town. Unless you thought I should have done what you did and gone woo yeah lynch me, blaze of glory, blah blah - stop voting me please whilst I try to pretend I'm not bothered?

Would that have been a more betterer course of action?

No because I think you have a PR. If you aren't scum.

In experimental games I like to think there aren't many vanillas. You may be the other though.

Anyways I don't know why you took so much exception to that one comment. I just want people to look back at it when I turn up town and make what they will of it. Would you like to argue that anyone else has defended themselves so vigorously this game?

In experimental games I like to think there aren't many vanillas. You may be the other though.

Anyways I don't know why you took so much exception to that one comment. I just want people to look back at it when I turn up town and make what they will of it. Would you like to argue that anyone else has defended themselves so vigorously this game?

Doesn't have to mean more roles (usually does)

But if I used a baker role plus the usual roles I'd call that experimental. Just cos people don't expect it

Also asking her to argue that others have defended themselves like she has is unfair since she is the only one that someone claimed a cop viewing on...

It's not a kitchen sink game - it's experimental.

And I don't believe anyone else has been the subject of a false cop reading?

But again I ask, and you decline to answer, do you think it is better to suggest the Town go ahead and lynch you or pretend everything is fine and it doesn't matter?

Few things here:

If you think Ithi is a PR, WHY OH WHY would you state that? There's no way you can argue that that's a protown move man.

Dap and Ithi already pointed this out, but experimental =/= kitchen sink game. Just means the mechanics might play out a little differently than normal, whether that's in regards to certain roles or other parts of the setup. Honestly, with a player pool this big I'd expect to see a good many vanillas.

And I would argue that YOU have defended yourself harder than Ithi RTE.

More to the point however, defending yourself is NOT a scumtell in mafia. Getting defensive from a slight bit of pressure can be said to be a scumtell for some folks, but to me it depends on the player. Some get more defensive than others when accused, might have nothing to do with their alignment. But defending yourself when someone comes out and claims a cop viewing on you day 1 is in no way scummy bro. If you're either town or mafia, you're expected to fight your lynch. A cop viewing will lead to a lynch much easier than one or two people casing you.

Just bugs me that a lot of newer players seem to have been taught that defensiveness = scummy, when thats def not always true.

Archived