DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Pokemon Mafia III: The Treasure of Heart Island--GAME OVER--TOWN WIN

Aiel Heart

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Back at work again, and once again it looks like it might be a crazy night. A bit sleep deprived, so hopefully getting some of my thoughts out might help wake me up a little.

Unvote, Vote Darthe

Yeah, Darthe's immediate backpedaling from his fake claim pings me greatly. The move just doesn't make any sense, it could be seen as an attempt to derail a train; I think he hit the emergency eject button on his plan (thank you Turin, apt metaphor) once he saw himself getting the kind of attention he didn't like (perhaps me suggesting he could be the GF?). Two other huge things make me feel more than comfortable voting him right now tho: NO ONE should have strong town reads on that many players this early in a game, especially a game like this, and especially when a couple of those people are pinging me and don't look town at all. I think that was entirely a wifom attempt to throw people off the trail should he end up getting lynched. More importantly however, his reasoning for why he faked the viewing and said he thought Ithi was mafia was the way she was "going after him" when this is completely untrue. One of, if not his first post in the game, was to come out and say Ithi was mafia. Ithi hadn't mentioned him by that point.

One other little small thing was his linking of Turin to the matter through some strange reasoning which also didn't make any sense, but that part is kinda ancillary at this point.

Cloud looks like he is going to continue to lurk, so I shall have to save my case on him for a later date, after I see how he reacts to a growing train on Darthe.

I don'y know how ANYONE can have a town read on suchmadness. Best you can say is having a derptown read on her, but I wouldn't even go far as to say that. Completely all over the place, partially misinformed about many things involving mafia, partially just pulling stuff out of her heiney. And the fact that she apparently already knows the concept of meta even tho this is her first game is a little troubling, def seems to indicate being coached. And the whole "Columbo the bumbling detective thing" seems either like an attempt at breadcrumbing a fake claim, or an attempt to reinforce this light-hearted "meta" that she's trying to develop for her. If she truly is the Cop and decided to breadcrumb her role, God help us.

There's one more thing I saw from her a while ago, I'll get to that in my next post.

Also forgot to include Cyan in my previous list of scum reads. He's def pinging to me for fence-sitting type behavior.

Well this went wonderfully, ya'll!

I saw an RTE train with little chance of another push elsewhere in the day and realized that that was bad mojo for a game that the mod has defined as experimental, so I fake claimed a viewing on someone who was suspect of me.

Here is what I now know:

Ithi, Suchmadness, TG, and Dap are town.

Turin is mafia (when does turin not defend Ithi if he has a chance to believe she is town (hence my 10% wrong thing))

BG looks interesting.

You can all stop voting her now.

:rolleyes: 

Some of you have ridiculous suspicions.  I could care less about RTE, believe it or don't.  I wanted info from the day and I have it.  Btw, Ithi, I mean to and accidentally typed of.

Gonna try and keep my responses as concise as possible.

Let's start getting info then.

BG who do you think is town?

RTE ... who do you think is Town?

Is much easier to get asnwers from other people than actually draw your own line in the sand, yes?

Let's start getting info then.

BG who do you think is town?

Lol at bad question. At this point in time, with 12 pages of really just you, Dap, with Ithi sprinkled in for good measure there isn't anyone I think is town. There is not enough info or posting or good scumhunting really. There is enough from some players though to allow me believe their actions are working against town's best interest. Your above question is a trap. It would be a valid question later in the game, but not now.

I agree with this ^ post

Aaaaaaand BG saying is a trap is odd.

Why would asking someone who they think is Mafia be a trap? How would this Trap work? What would its aim be?

Strange that Ithi "forgets" that the real question RTE asked was who BG thought was town (which was a poor question to ask early in Day 1), and thinks he asked who BG thought was mafia, when she herself responded to RTE's post and asked HIM who HE thought was town.

He just wants to know why Darthe is voting for me. Because Darthe did not give a reason.

Good grief.

When does that even begin to be rolefishing?

I agree with this, calling what Cloud did rolefishing is more than a stretch. The whole "rolefishing" thing is used way too often lately methinks. 

I can say no words that haven't already been said about how annoying the spam was... while being super spammy, quickly claiming not even a day after the game started, and getting me annoyed with his back an forth with dap and Ithi, I feel that people are hopping on RTEs train because of how anti town he was acting with his spam and back and forth with dap and Ithi and it would just e the easy thing to do... I'm going to weed through the spam and see if I can make a good case on anybody that people haven't noticed since they are too focused on RTE..

I like this post.

Its really bothering me how fast this train is growing. Its still the first day you know. Why is everyone in such a rush to lynch RTE? Though Ill admit the votes, and unvotes, are very interesting.

Fence-sitting post is fence-sittingy. Ping. 

I find him scummy, but I don't wanna hop ona train this early in the game... however if he is still around by the end of today or tomorrow and nothing can be learned and he is making things worse, then I will vote him... I will not place my vote on him at this time because yes, even though there are a lot of players in this game and many are bound to go unnoticed I would rather have more time for day one to learn what I can rather than voting for someone and lunching them this early so we barely have anything to go on for day 2...

i find this post disturbing, like you dont want to buss your teammate yet and the last part is totally wrong, lets say we lynched RTE D1, does that mean we have nothing to go on with D2?! NO, we see his train, we see how people reacted to the train, the patterns and as you mentioned its still early in the game, someone's bound to slip, and since competing trains are very much preferred

Vote time

Awful vote and awful reasoning. RTE's lynch would not give us NEARLY as much info as another potential lynch would today, since his was mostly an example of self-destruction. Mafia can hide votes easily on or off the train. Either way, you can link RTE and Time if you want, but Time's alignment wouldn't really say anything about RTE. She could flip mafia and was just trying to defend a townie to gain town cred, or was trying to derail a lynch on a scummie. Her alignment tells you nothing about RTE.

Ping on Chuckles for poor reasoning and backwards linking.

...right, so are you going to actually case someone like you said you would? or just continue fencing?

Chuckles tunneling on Time.

Oh I get it now. Thanks Cloud. I was confused.

At least you haven't confused anyone's gender this game.

(yet :tongue:)

i was looking at post counts... my first thought other than Ithi, dap, and RTE have a crudload of posts is that chuckles seems a little more active than normal... maybe he's trying to change how he approaches a game, but i find it kind of odd...

lol. Are you seriously putting suspicion on someone for the sole reason of being active?

Uhm, I think it's rather obvious from her post that she was using meta as reasoning in her fos

I don't know who you are, but when someone claims cop and you don't vote for found scum.. it looks bad m'kay?

Excuse the mistakes of a rookie..m'kay?

Mostly it's to do with the fact that my feelings are colouring this game as she's been a guide in the BT for me.
I don't wanna believe that she's mafia

RTE paints too convenient target on himself. I still assert that it's too abvious game play and he's too all over the place to be convincin beside. He will get lynched by both sides just from the way he plays.

Not convinced RTE is mafia

Okay this is kind of a biggie, for anyone still paying attention.

Why bold the word "mafia" in both posts?!

(emphasis is not mine btw, go back and check if you wanna make sure)

Looks strongly like a possible symp hint to me. I became slightly less sure about this when I realized it was her first game, but I still think it's a strong possibility, considering her total play so far in the game.

But maybe he doesn't care either way and just pissing off everyone just for the sake of it. Which in any case is totally bad for everyone else involved.

in either case let's lynch RTE just for bad gaming move.

vote RTE

I promised I wont feel bad if he turns out to be town after all.

Why bold this last sentence here as well??? I'm flabbergasted.

:huh:

Gah I really feel like Columbus the bumbling detective!

And I'm getting addicted despite self.

Ithii just saying over and over again that she's town only serve to cast more suspicion her way. Turin also for being chronic buddier and still not getting a handle on his motives or his reason. Just stating the abvious is not a good reason.

Tina coming in and assert Darthe's claim just muddy up the water. She's as much a cypher as Darthe...

What's with the last part on Tina? How was anything she did "muddying up the waters"? Her stance couldn't have been more clear in fact. Darthe claimed a viewing, she was following that viewing. This is something very common for Tina, when someone claims she usually takes it at face vaule until it has been proven or disproven.

Yeah.... if it wasn't for this being Suchmadness' first mafia game, I would def be voting her right now. There are some serious discrepancies and questions regarding her posts that I don't believe will be cleared up by tomorrow, but whatever tradition's tradition. /shrug

My scum list right now is Suchmadness, Darthe, Cloud, Chuckles, and Cyan.

Somewhat wary of Ithi, BG (for faint setting up of lynches, even tho his reasoning wasn't completely unsound), and Berf (more of a hunch, and after his first odd post he seems to be coasting with the flow of town).

I don't think anyone has really discussed meta this game

I know I've mentioned it and RTE did a bit, but there have been no big discussions or explanations of what it is have there?

I was referring to this post of Madness':

Yes it's part of my meta and to keep the game interesting for myself. This is my first game so I'm playing a rambly detective *shrug*

You noticed it yourself. I'm not saying her understanding of meta is perfect, but it's def more developed than you'd expect a first timer on day 1. How would she even know what her meta is yet? Your first few games you're feeling out the playstyle you prefer, making a declaritive statement like that about her meta is just bizarre.

I know I've mentioned it and RTE did a bit, but there have been no big discussions or explanations of what it is have there?

Yes it's part of my meta and to keep the game interesting for myself. This is my first game so I'm playing a rambly detective *shrug*

You noticed it yourself. I'm not saying her understanding of meta is perfect, but it's def more developed than you'd expect a first timer on day 1. How would she even know what her meta is yet? Your first few games you're feeling out the playstyle you prefer, making a declaritive statement like that about her meta is just bizarre.

I am agreeing with you on this and I added that cos I thought it was relevant

I was pointing out that I didn't think there was stuff on thread to support her having an understanding of what meta is and how it is used

Well this went wonderfully, ya'll!

I saw an RTE train with little chance of another push elsewhere in the day and realized that that was bad mojo for a game that the mod has defined as experimental, so I fake claimed a viewing on someone who was suspect of me.

Here is what I now know:

Ithi, Suchmadness, TG, and Dap are town.

Turin is mafia (when does turin not defend Ithi if he has a chance to believe she is town (hence my 10% wrong thing))

BG looks interesting.

You can all stop voting her now.

:rolleyes: 

Some of you have ridiculous suspicions.  I could care less about RTE, believe it or don't.  I wanted info from the day and I have it.  Btw, Ithi, I mean to and accidentally typed of.

Meh, not sure I really buy it. Darthe has played pretty sloppy of late, and several times has tried to play off his sloppy play on typos and such. Remember the whole CS/TS thing anyone (cause c and t are sooo close to eachother on the keyboard lol)? Then this game he says he has a town read on TG.... who isn't in the game, and who's name sounds nothing like Chuckles, who Darthe says he really meant (who has been pinging me incidentally, so I dunno how Darthe could have a "strong" town read on him).

And even if you remove that point, there's still all the other bizarro-ness things about the play. Once again, I have no problem with my vote on Darthe.

Funny story Despo. I totally thought suchmadness was a guy until reading your recent posts.

:laugh:

Oh you, BG.

*still has grudge about the Red Baron monopoly theft*

I am agreeing with you on this and I added that cos I thought it was relevant

I was pointing out that I didn't think there was stuff on thread to support her having an understanding of what meta is and how it is used

Ah I see. Yeah, there def werent any in-depth conversations about it, but I believe the word had been tossed around once or twice.

That's the time he was mafia and the vote was fake?

If you're referring to the CS/TS thing, then yes, he was mafia in that game. And Tsuki was as well, who supposedly was "TS", even though I have never seen anyone refer to him that way :laugh:

I ask you all this as well.

Why does Turin want to us all to lynch RTE so bad? I think he's derailing inquiry into his own motivation be keeping us focused on RTE's train.

Why don't you ask why I want RTE to be Lynched as well?

And since you seem to be a fan of 'meta' than I shall explain that defending me is what Turin does, regardless of either of our affiliations lol.

Generally one does not have a 'meta' until one has placed at least one Game to establish it. Why do you think you already have one?

Also - who did tell you about Meta - and why you so keen to establish your own?

Meta is not a good thing, it leads to talking about what people always do rather that what they've actually just done. Meta discussioning people annoy the hell out of me.

Archived