DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Pokemon Mafia III: The Treasure of Heart Island--GAME OVER--TOWN WIN

Aiel Heart

I said it before but I'll say it again: RTE is NOT a good info lynch today. Its true that a lot of people have offered their opinions on him, but that in and of itself doesn't assure good info can be gleaned from his lynch. A LOT of people "defended" him, are all of them scum? Obviously not, as I know I'm town.

Even if he flipped mafia, there's still reasonable doubt that those defending him had good reasons to do so, not just that they were scum defending a teammate. The reason RTE isn't a good info lynch, and I'll bold it for emphasis to hopefully get through to stubborn It hi and Turin is that - He was shooting himself in the foot with his early play. It was a case of self destruction

Mafia or town could have reason to place an opportunistic vote on him. Mafia or town could have reason to defend him. Town could "consolidate" on to him because almost no other train has picked up steam besides Dart he's. Mafia could bus him realizing he'll prob be lynched. There are so many possibilities its crazy.

The only people that would benefit are scum that would try to use the lynch to their benefit and try to make it seem like this person defended him because of this, or this person voted him late because of that. What little info could be gained could be easily manipulated, especially by mafia vets.

THIS IS WHY LYNCHING SOMEONE WHO'S ERRATIC SELF-IMPLOSION ON DAY 1 WOULD BE A BAD IDEA.

So tired of having to restate this.

Plus, he was the first one pressured this game. Lynching the first player who looks unusual day 1 is a good way to get town to lose. Perfect day 1 recipe is to pressure multiple people, get good info all around, them come to a consensus on the scummiest before deadline.

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I did like Ithi's research about gen III however, it does seem pretty likely that we have two mafia teams.

However, until we have seen two diff mafia team members flip or AH says something it is NOT CONFIRMED Ithi.

Also want to point out that the people most likely to guess that there are two mafia teams are the mafiosos themselves, since they can look at their numbers and deduce that the ratio most likely allows for multiple mafia teams. So don't think Ithi has gained any town credit in my eyes for pointing it out.

I would be happy to lynch Darthe, Ithillian, and RTE today, since they're on a mafia team together.  

However, since we can only lynch in single file - unvote, vote darthe

For the point of it, I am fine with a lynch for info today. I am poochyena, town rb but my ability only has a 25% chance of working. lol I didn't pull my claim from anywhere.

Apparently offering to roll over and die is the New Black.

Also, I quite enjoyed this.

I did like Ithi's research about gen III however, it does seem pretty likely that we have two mafia teams.

However, until we have seen two diff mafia team members flip or AH says something it is NOT CONFIRMED Ithi.

Also want to point out that the people most likely to guess that there are two mafia teams are the mafiosos themselves, since they can look at their numbers and deduce that the ratio most likely allows for multiple mafia teams. So don't think Ithi has gained any town credit in my eyes for pointing it out.

Read the OP Despo ... both Teams are confirmed in there.

Pooch is a team Aqua pokemon. Darthe is pooch. Easy peasy.

This. Once I looked into the 'Mon it only reconfirmed my suspicions.

And its still possible that Darthe WAS trying to derail the RTE lynch, not saying that's out of the question. But Darthe is by far the scummiest player so far this game and is a much better lynch choice.

And it was an interesting find on the Bulbapedia that new bad guys are in this version. I think that was important enough to share.

Honestly .. if I said that ice was cold you would argue I think. You would have preferred I didn't make it common knowledge perhaps? You certainly are trying very hard to discredit ANYTHING I say.

Is Despo become the Sole Arbiter of Mafia Play? I think so.

If you are voting Darthe @ Chuckles - can you read the post where I asked you to revisit your reasons?

I read that thread, quite funny. I am not the Sole Arbiter, but I am right in this circumstance.

OP could just be flavor. I for one am operating on the assumption of two mafia teams, but they aren't confirmed until flips or the Mod tells us.

And its still possible that Darthe WAS trying to derail the RTE lynch, not saying that's out of the question. But Darthe is by far the scummiest player so far this game and is a much better lynch choice.

Because you are Team Magma?

And it was an interesting find on the Bulbapedia that new bad guys are in this version. I think that was important enough to share.

Honestly .. if I said that ice was cold you would argue I think. You would have preferred I didn't make it common knowledge perhaps? You certainly are trying very hard to discredit ANYTHING I say.

Mafia is sort of about being contrarian. Wouldn't really be much of a game if everyone agreed with each other. And when hunting for experienced scum, you HAVE to look for subtle clues, since they are unlikely to slip up easily.

I do appreciate the info about the theme. But as I said, if it was an attempt to gain town credit it didn't work for me. I am still as wary of you as I was before.

OP could just be flavor. I for one am operating on the assumption of two mafia teams, but they aren't confirmed until flips or the Mod tells us.

You are SO preachy sometimes :rolleyes:

:rolleyes:

I'm going back to cleaning before my grill out tonight. I'moff for the next ttwo days so I might not be quite as active.

So if I'm reading that correctly, Chuckles, you think that Darthe is mafia because he lied about having an investigative role and tried to get people to follow him on his fake viewing on Ithi by insinuating that not following a cop view like that is scummy. Then came out and listed who he said was town, scum, and unknown based on who reacted and how to that lie. Is that correct?

and the fact that his timing fit perfectly with when everyone was on RTE train or going on it

Who are you voting for atm? Are you voting Darthe?

This post seems to say you are unhappy with Darthe for intentionally interrupting the RTE Lynch. This means you think the RTE Lynch was a good thing. His Lynch was something that Darthe was willing to try and stop. Ergo - you should be voting for the person that you think Darthe was trying to save - which is RTE.

Otherwise you need a new reason for voting darthe lol

I dont mind a RTE or Darthe lynch, currently i prefer we run up darthe and see what comes up

:rolleyes:

I'm going back to cleaning before my grill out tonight. I'moff for the next ttwo days so I might not be quite as active.

Doesn't say no he's not ... and then runs for the hills!

So if I'm reading that correctly, Chuckles, you think that Darthe is mafia because he lied about having an investigative role and tried to get people to follow him on his fake viewing on Ithi by insinuating that not following a cop view like that is scummy. Then came out and listed who he said was town, scum, and unknown based on who reacted and how to that lie. Is that correct?

and the fact that his timing fit perfectly with when everyone was on RTE train or going on it

This post seems to say you are unhappy with Darthe for intentionally interrupting the RTE Lynch. This means you think the RTE Lynch was a good thing. His Lynch was something that Darthe was willing to try and stop. Ergo - you should be voting for the person that you think Darthe was trying to save - which is RTE.

I dont mind a RTE or Darthe lynch, currently i prefer we run up darthe and see what comes up

Why? What do you think will come up?

Lol @ithi

turin your case is nice and all bt leans heavily oRTE flipping mafia

what yu have done by posting that nowis help stall the darthe train

why cant youu abide two trains. Especially the dartheone.

Points against me (going from memory so if i miss one let me know)

I think darthe is more likely mafia than RTE but i think both are likely mafia.

The lynch n replace wasnt serious

I am quite comfortable with more than one train a day. Infact i encourage it. Doesnt mean we have tto lyynch one or the other, it just puts pressure on people

Why? What do you think will come up?

more crap from darthe, but i wanna see who else is willing to risk themselves for darthe 

Archived