DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Pokemon Mafia III: The Treasure of Heart Island--GAME OVER--TOWN WIN

Aiel Heart

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've done that before ... in a game I can never remember the name of - but was quite fun. I had an insta-vig every day :)

I recall something about fuzzy pickles ...

Earthbound. You freaking destroyed the mafia team in that game. Too bad you're mafia in this one.

You've been reaching all of day 1 several times, and that last post of yours was rather obvious in how you would attempt to set up lynches for several days. Christ, you literally said that you thought that EVERYONE dedendig RTE could be mafia. Yeah, you have assured me of your scumminess in this game Ithi.

I meant to say the last "big" post in the post above, this is the quote I was referring to:

So Despo also says despite me not being a big fan of Pokémon - I should go look it up on the pooter. So Gen 3 Pokémon - centres around the Ruby, Sapphire and Emerald Games. lots more Pokémon - with some able to do 2 moves?

Also ... NEW BAD GUYS!

Team Aqua and Team Magma.

No Team Rocket mentioned anywhere.

Perhaps we have two Mafia Teams on the loose lol

Team Aqua

In the games

Team Aqua appears only in the Hoenn-based games Pokémon Ruby, Sapphire, and Emerald, where they scheme to bring Kyogre out of its slumber.

Generally, Team Aqua Grunts have weaker Pokémon, with Zubat and Poochyena plentiful among them, however, they also use Pokémon of other types; typically they are Water types such as Carvanha (and Wailmer in Emerald). The team is headed by Archie and his two immediate subordinates Matt and Shelly.

Team Magma

In the games

Team Magma appears only in the Hoenn-based games Pokémon Ruby, Sapphire, and Emerald, where they scheme to bring Groudon out of its slumber.

Generally, Team Magma Grunts have weaker Pokémon, with Zubat and Poochyena plentiful among them, however, they also use Pokémon of other types; typically they are Fire-type and Ground-type Pokémon such as Numel (and Baltoy in Emerald). The team is headed by Maxie and his two immediate subordinates Tabitha and Courtney.

I would advise everyone playing to read through this:

http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Generation_III

at the very least. Knowledge of the content of the Subject this game is based on will probably be useful.

For the point of it, I am fine with a lynch for info today. I am poochyena, town rb but my ability only has a 25% chance of working. lol I didn't pull my claim from anywhere.

Apparently offering to roll over and die is the New Black.
Rolling over and offering to die is what Mafia do ... because they think it will prove they aren't worried about people paying attention to them.

Darthe has claimed Roleblocker (often a typical Mafia Role) and Poochyena (apparently a typical Mafia pokemon for both Aqua and Magma Mafia Teams) - yes I know other people have already pointed this out lol.

RTE ... can you confirm which pokemon you actually have please? Also why have you stopped actively participating in the Game? Did you not think it would be a good idea to at least try and clear up some of the misinformation you have been giving with regards to your pokemon etc?

Darthe may have been running interference for a Team Mate. However ...there have been a surprising amount of people willing to actively defend RTE ... more than would be normal. Perhaps all of the Defenders of RTE are on the two Mafia teams and both of them think they are going to look super amazing Townish by protecting a Town. And it has been STRONG defence as well. Only people on Mafia Teams would think they know that a target of a Lynch is actually a Town.

Therefore I am willing to switch my vote to Darthe - cos of the Role Type and Pokemon Type being a Mafia Type ... and then deal with RTE and his Defenders on the next day. If RTE is Town, then I'm going to be annoyed with him for his selfish play earlier, and I'm going to be taking a serious look at anyone who actively defending him, whilst confirming his play was REALLY BAD. I still think he could be an important mafia Role - one worth taking risks for - but it would be foolish to look a gift horse in the mouth.

I've always said it's best to Lynch a Mafia. I think Darthe is pretty much confirmed Mafia ... but I will be re-examining all the people who have said they think RTE is almost definitely Town/Not very likely to be Mafia. They really shouldn't be so definite about that this early in the game.

Unvote - Vote Darthe

Also FYI - Going live on new Billing/Customer interaction interface system so am gonna be a bit sparse - and probably a bit ... apprehensive/frustrated so probably best if I don't look at this game at the same time lol. They are giving us a free ice cream from the ice cream van - but I don't really think it's going to be enough.

Bolded: absolute drivel. I know I've said many times that "Mafia would NEVER..." statements are bad, but seriously, acting like its possible that two different mafia teams would all come down COMPLETELY on one side of ANY lynch day 1 is just ludicrous.

Simply put, we are luckier than lottery winners if we had two different mafia teams that thought it would be a good idea to link themselves so cleanly for town. Mafia will sometimes try to railroad someone in later days when the numbers are closer to being in their advantage, bit day 1? Over a player that they could EASILY have hidden a vote on instead of tried to defend so hardcore? Yeah I just can't believe you threw that out as a possibility Ithi.

And i think they didn't read the OP properly, so didn't realise there was a second team - so thought they were defending a Town.

Of course that would mean that RTE is Town lol. With maybe 3 on each Team all trying to defend him so that if he gets Lynched and IS Town they can make me out to be the Big Bad Mafia and Lynch me next.

And of course I think about the future ... this is like Chess. I just don't tell everyone that they should do what I do and this means that XYZ MUST me lynched next. But inside my head - yes. And as a basis for looking for other info to help on the next day ... yes.

You don't do this?

Of course :smile:

Apart from I'm not mafia.

When this Game is over ... you will tell me this was just your ploy for ensuring I didn't get NKd because I'm just far too useful to Town, yes?

And you will buy me a cake.

Umm.... No. And your attempt to buddy up to me is denied.

Going to bed now, adios everyone.

Simply put, we are luckier than lottery winners if we had two different mafia teams that thought it would be a good idea to link themselves so cleanly for town. Mafia will sometimes try to railroad someone in later days when the numbers are closer to being in their advantage, bit day 1? Over a player that they could EASILY have hidden a vote on instead of tried to defend so hardcore? Yeah I just can't believe you threw that out as a possibility Ithi.

Well they wouldn't know that the OTHER team was also doing it would they? So each of them think is just them protecting RTE. They are separate. They won't know what the other Team is up to - so of course each team could have thought up this brilliant plan.

Which is actually starting to make me think that RTE is Town. Maybe :wink:

When this Game is over ... you will tell me this was just your ploy for ensuring I didn't get NKd because I'm just far too useful to Town, yes?

I don't buddy up to anyone. I'm just pointing out that you are going to look like an idiot when I am shown to be Town.

:nicesmile:

And i think they didn't read the OP properly, so didn't realise there was a second team - so thought they were defending a Town.

Of course that would mean that RTE is Town lol. With maybe 3 on each Team all trying to defend him so that if he gets Lynched and IS Town they can make me out to be the Big Bad Mafia and Lynch me next.

And of course I think about the future ... this is like Chess. I just don't tell everyone that they should do what I do and this means that XYZ MUST me lynched next. But inside my head - yes. And as a basis for looking for other info to help on the next day ... yes.

You don't do this?

It doesn't take looking at flavor in an OP to realize you might have a second team running about.

In Alanna's WoT game, I was mafia, and there were only 3 on our team. Game had like 20 players I believe. I correctly deduced that there was a second team literally in moments of joining the mafia qt.

And setting up lynches, especially on such a wide pool of players, can definitely be looked at as scummy. I've linked players before, and said how player X's alignment would make me think ______ about player Y's alignment, but that's really only assuming you'll see a flip first that can help you determine. Looking more than one day in the future isn't very smart IMO because WAY too much can happen before then, information can surface which completely changes the way you think about several players.

What you did was make a faint assumption that RTE IS in fact town, and that ALL of the people defending him might be scum. In fact Turin did something similar to this recently, he went through and made huge WoT cases including everyone (he says) that was defending RTE. Again, given that we (at least town, that is) don't KNOW RTE's alignment, setting up so many links is a little ridiculous. Should RTE eventually flip scum, y'all could argue that people defending him were his teammates, or another mafia team that thought he was town. Were he to flip town, y'all can both argue that all those defending him were doing so because they're mafia trying to gain town cred by defending a townie.

Well they wouldn't know that the OTHER team was also doing it would they? So each of them think is just them protecting RTE. They are separate. They won't know what the other Team is up to - so of course each team could have thought up this brilliant plan.

Which is actually starting to make me think that RTE is Town. Maybe :wink:

They wouldn't have to know what the other team was doing, assuming of course there are two teams (you seem completely convinced).

Its generally understood that mafioso know they can't let people connect them too easily, which is why they will most often split on diff lynches. Some will vote for the lynch, others will not or will vote someone else.

To think that two separate teams would throw that out the window and come down on the same side of an issue is just ridiculous. Even thinking one team would do that on day 1 is a bit if a stretch, thinking two would do it is mind-boggling

It doesn't take looking at flavor in an OP to realize you might have a second team running about.

In Alanna's WoT game, I was mafia, and there were only 3 on our team. Game had like 20 players I believe. I correctly deduced that there was a second team literally in moments of joining the mafia qt.

And setting up lynches, especially on such a wide pool of players, can definitely be looked at as scummy. I've linked players before, and said how player X's alignment would make me think ______ about player Y's alignment, but that's really only assuming you'll see a flip first that can help you determine. Looking more than one day in the future isn't very smart IMO because WAY too much can happen before then, information can surface which completely changes the way you think about several players.

What you did was make a faint assumption that RTE IS in fact town, and that ALL of the people defending him might be scum. In fact Turin did something similar to this recently, he went through and made huge WoT cases including everyone (he says) that was defending RTE. Again, given that we (at least town, that is) don't KNOW RTE's alignment, setting up so many links is a little ridiculous. Should RTE eventually flip scum, y'all could argue that people defending him were his teammates, or another mafia team that thought he was town. Were he to flip town, y'all can both argue that all those defending him were doing so because they're mafia trying to gain town cred by defending a townie.

But ... for all I knew there could have been 1 really big team. Why would I think there could be two? We have lots of big games here, and this would be only the second one I have seen that would have 2 teams.

That you think it would be obvious just from the numbers is suspect - especially as you have previously stated you will not believe such a thing unless it is mod confirmed in coroners' reports. Do you know how many are on each mafia team?

And of course anything can be used to mean anything ... or are you the only one who can have ideas about what people are up to this game? It is a truth that Mafia Team Members often defend beleagured Town, so they can gain Town Cred at a later point. Also there is the option that they did not want to be seen to be taking a position so that they could later reluctantly vote that persion for consolidation.

You seem very unhappy that these possibilities could even be being considered.

I don't buddy up to anyone. I'm just pointing out that you are going to look like an idiot when I am shown to be Town.

If you ended up flipping town, I wouldn't look like an idiot, I'd look like I was wrong. Plain and simple.

Besides, how would you know I wasn't scum trying to discredit a townie? You don't seem to even consider that possibility now, you're just trying to put on the angel innocent face and get me to doubt my readings.

And your post was def faint buddying. Buy you a cake? ":nice smile:"? That's not the same ithi you're projecting to others in the game right now. Using that side of your persona is an obvious attempt to appeal to my soft-hearted side.

What despo says is true

If this is a multiple team game I'm pretty sure the mafia would of figured it out

If not. God help them

They could have been expecting symps? In Indy there were only 4 mafia members, but there were 2 symps. But Town would have no clue ... no-one figured it out from the OP till i decided to actually look at the Pokemon Wiki.

Everyone was perfectly happy suggesting there was one big Team Rocket mafia Team.

If you ended up flipping town, I wouldn't look like an idiot, I'd look like I was wrong. Plain and simple.

Besides, how would you know I wasn't scum trying to discredit a townie? You don't seem to even consider that possibility now, you're just trying to put on the angel innocent face and get me to doubt my readings.

And your post was def faint buddying. Buy you a cake? ":nice smile:"? That's not the same ithi you're projecting to others in the game right now. Using that side of your persona is an obvious attempt to appeal to my soft-hearted side.

The cake would be an apology.

To say sorry.

For being wrong.

You would have to buddy up to me, for being wrong.

I may or may not accept the cake, depending on the flavour.

I'd still be happy if that turned out to be the case (unlikely as it is)

And in the Indy game we knew there would be symps due to out numbers being so low

If they had been lower we would of suspected another team pretty instantly

Oh give over ... I told you there were others in the game who were not sympathetic to your cause. I told you lol

Archived